• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hero is our chronically newest character if you consider the Luminary default skin alone.
A slightly "younger" 3rd party isn't impossible.

We've been speculating Nahobino yet some of us are like "Apex is too new".
At this point, I don't think these games/characters aren't 100% too new (in terms of Smash ofc). Could be. But not guaranteed.
Pyra, Mythra, and Byleth are younger than Luminary. Unless you just meant third parties

Colololin

Smash Cadet
You're confusing blackmail for ultimatum in this example.
I used blackmail in the wrong context but what I mean is this kind of thing does happen. I am confident Heaven was a hint for AL. Thats my speculation and I am sticking to it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hero is our chronically newest character if you consider the Luminary default skin alone.
Me: It's just a grammaticall error. Don't pay too much attention to it.
My Brain: I DIAGNOSE YOU WITH NEWNESS! IT'S CHRONIC!

Chaotic trains of thought aside:
We've been speculating Nahobino yet some of us are like "Apex is too new".
At this point, I don't think these games/characters aren't 100% too new (in terms of Smash ofc). Could be. But not guaranteed.
Apex Legends is a 2019 game. So is Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and this is the second round of considerations, so it shouldn't be an issue. Shin Megami Tensei V though...yeah no.

Colololin

Smash Cadet
If Smash Bros was continuing development then 100% Apex is on the table because of it's popularity in Japan but at the alleged timeframe this happened it's popularity was largely unknown. There have been exceptions though (usually FE) and it is older than DQ but not as old as Joker was.

Before people jump on this I am referring to the default Hero.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I know I’ve just brought up on one of the other pages that a 2010-2019 rep can’t happen but I do wanna ask one thing because something on my min is bothering me.

do we have any strong evidence to suggest kazuya was swapped with whoever is last.

I say this because the tournaments have been great indications that the next reps usually aren’t form the tournament that’s just happened. HoWeber with the 2010 tournament, it didn’t drop straight after pyra and myphra, it dropped after kazuya was announced.

Do we have anything strong to suggest if kazuya was moved around with Whoever is currently last. It would explain why the 2010 tournament dropped after kazuya if kazuya was swapped around with someone who was from the 2010-2019.

if not then the chances are the tournament thing was just scheduled to release around kazuya’s time. I still find this a tad weird though if that’s the case because you’d think it would’ve dropped straight after pyra and myphra.

SKX31

Smash Master
tbh I just want a char that can temporarily turn into the opponent like shang tsung

nothing better than hitting someone with their own combo, plus forcing a mirror match is a mindgame in of itself
Think you spelled Dota 2's Morphling wrong.

Name me a shapeshifter who also has the ability to shift between A) absorbing crazy amounts of damage like a tank (oh and continue gaining more health while he's being stunned if he switches agility to strength before the stun) and B) dealing a ton of damage like a shotgun by switching strength into agility - his primary attribute in the game.

Alongside the shapeshifting.

:roll:

If Smash Bros was continuing development then 100% Apex is on the table because of it's popularity in Japan but at the alleged timeframe this happened it's popularity was largely unknown. There have been exceptions though (usually FE) and it is older than DQ but not as old as Joker was.
Then again though, Sakurai directly stated that FP2's the end: probably because Nintendo's content with the amount of content and Sakurai himself is no IceFrog who can just keep going on the same project for 15+ years straight. So if I may be so bold and blunt as to say it: Apex's best chance may be Smash 6. It's certainly possible for Ultimate, but those hypotheoretical talks would've been on a pretty damn strict time table (late 2019 was the deadline for FP2 IIRC).

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
kazuya was definitely swapped with the last dlc fighter, they wanted to reveal him at e3 because namco's and nintendo's showcases were on the same day

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
kazuya was definitely swapped with the last dlc fighter, they wanted to reveal him at e3 because namco's and nintendo's showcases were on the same day
There’s definitely no evidence of that at all.

Colololin

Smash Cadet
Correction for everybody. Apex Legends is currently older than Joker at the time of his announcement.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Think you spelled Dota 2's Morphling wrong.

Name me a shapeshifter who also has the ability to shift between A) absorbing crazy amounts of damage like a tank (oh and continue gaining more health while he's being stunned if he switches agility to strength before the stun) and B) dealing a ton of damage like a shotgun by switching strength into agility - his primary attribute in the game.

Alongside the shapeshifting.

:roll:

Then again though, Sakurai directly stated that FP2's the end: probably because Nintendo's content with the amount of content and Sakurai himself is no IceFrog who can just keep going on the same project for 15+ years straight. So if I may be so bold and blunt as to say it: Apex's best chance may be Smash 6. It's certainly possible for Ultimate, but those hypotheoretical talks would've been on a pretty damn strict time table (late 2019 was the deadline for FP2 IIRC).
Who’s IceFrog?

but yeah like, it’s possible Apex could be an early negotiation for next smash. Idk.
Correction for everybody. Apex Legends is currently older than Joker at the time of his announcement.
Source?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That reminds me..

I was initially suspicious of it, and still sort of am.
But why didn't Sakurai ever tells us WHEN the FP2 content was finalized? While he easily could just not say it, he could also just have casually said it during the conclusion of the Byleth presentation.
Maybe if he did, perhaps it could give us an idea that super recent characters wouldn't happen?

Who knows.
Even if he didn't, we have a pretty good timeframe regardless. We know the Byleth presentation was done in November of 2019, and in that presentation he said outright that the content has already been decided for FP2. Putting those two facts together we know it was finalized at least by the end of that year, if not earlier.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
But still, the fighters were decided around late 2019. At that point Apex Legends was new, and unlike SMT V it doesn't have an established franchise to back it up. It was a completely new, untested IP. Also, it would feel weird if it was the very first FPS ever represented in Smash.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wonder if EA and Nintendo were talking about Smash, and EA told them there were working on a new IP they felt would be a hit, and chose to promote that IP with that IP getting Smash content.

Though I don't think Nintendo would want to pass on, say, Mass Effect (it's been on the Wii U iirc), or PvZ or something

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
So I got another question, and I don't know if it was asked before, but this might be interesting

Do you think the 3rd Party Content is the biggest reason that Ultimate might not happen again, as in the Next Smash game won't have as many characters?

And on that note, if Smash had kept itself only to Nintendo owned Characters, what do you think the Difference would be in terms of Sales?
1. As in quantity? Of guests in particular? Possibly yes, we may not see the FFVII guys again in the next game, or maybe anything from Metal Gear as well. These are the most obvious, but I feel like they'll just keep repeating the formula, cut irrelevant/redundant characters such as the clones, Plant or some FE characters, as well as the 3rd party fighters that won't return for whatever reason, then bring some newcomers that people want (Shadow, Zero, Shantae and Dante have a high chance of happening imo).

2. The game wouldn't sell as nearly as much, nuff said. People buy it because it's an amazing crossover game. If Nintendo kept it only to 1st party content, you'd soon have to scrap the bottom of the barrel in terms of choices, which wouldn't draw attention from many audiences to say the least.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
sakurai literally directly mentioned how covid effected the development
Sakurai made no mention of there being any characters being swapped for one another.

HMK shared a video debunking the dumbest arguments against Sora.

I know things like this are a dead horse but I care too much for Sora.
I used to be one of those Sora detractors but now I think he is one of the most likely characters to be Fighter 11.

Last edited:

Colololin

Smash Cadet
Man, you all love straw grasping for theories. Yall would fit will as witnesses in Ace Attorney
Smash Bros has some of the most unpredictable inclusions in history and some fans will always come out and explain why it makes sense after it was shown. Not saying you are one of those people but you know the ones I mean. I am never going down the road of "I don't like this leak therefore its not real". I am well aware of the target audience of BR and Smash Bros benefits from including those people.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Considering how little we have to go with in speculation, I can't really blame people to go ham
we basically have way too many theory’s and coincidences lining up which is making speculation get out of hand and becoming boring and awful to the point where people just want it to end. These are theories and coincidences We currently have

fixing the base roster theory
parallel theory
40 names list leak
Mute theory
M theory
Crowd cheer theory
Sephiroth’s trailer
Tournament theories

And those are just theories and/or coincidences that I can think of off the top of my head. People at this point just want the speculation to end because of how ridiculous things are becoming

Didn’t even mention the rapper mario leak which has some debate going for it but I think most have come to the conclusion that it’s fake because of how vague it is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom