• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
yeah I doubt many people would forgo their purchase because of a WOL mini game, plus Nintendo definitely wouldn’t care
Especially since that mini-game is a once per save thing, so unless a player has the foresight of quitting before it ends every single time, only way to get access to it is to start a new campaign from scratch.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Wait. I think SMT 5 is more likely to get a character, but what if it gets a spirit event instead?
I get mildly peeved its representation in Smash is relegated to PNGs I will never use while its spin-off literally just gets more popular from its fighter inclusion even if I really like both. I'll take a Mii though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Especially since that mini-game is a once per save thing, so unless a player has the foresight of quitting before it ends every single time, only way to get access to it is to start a new campaign from scratch.
Solution: a Master Hand mode unlockable after beating WoL, kinda like UMvC3’s Galactus Mode

…wait, they said Home Run was the last new mode. ****. Maybe for a hypothetical Ultimate Encore or something

there are a couple WoL related stuff I’d gladly pay for tho

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Solution: a Master Hand mode unlockable after beating WoL, kinda like UMvC3’s Galactus Mode

…wait, they said Home Run was the last new mode. ****. Maybe for a hypothetical Ultimate Encore or something

Master Hand having his own Classic Mode like Galactus having his own Arcade mode would be amazing.

Technically not a new mode, just a new route. Perfect loophole :4pacman:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
yeah I doubt many people would forgo their purchase because of a WOL mini game, if anything that just whets their appetite. plus Nintendo definitely wouldn’t care about the money angle.
Still makes it pretty scummy though (in fact, the fact that it's once per save file makes it worse). Not saying they wouldn't do it, I just don't like the idea on principal.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Still makes it pretty scummy though (in fact, the fact that it's once per save file makes it worse). Not saying they wouldn't do it, I just don't like the idea on principal.
I would honestly be curious on how they can make a balanced Master Hand moveset.

Besides, we might get Meta Crystal as a stage if it happens, and that's literally something I've been wanting to see playable in an official Smash game since I first saw that stage.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
bro just

at least give me 2P WoL

and/or the possession auras and full body clone fighter effects outside of WoL

HERO’S TRAILER HAD ME WANTING THAT OKAY

(ps. Want a Dharkon themed trailer? That’s Hero’s. It doesn’t matter that they weren’t killed like how Galeem was in Sephiroth’s trailer, I have an explanation for that)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I would honestly be curious on how they can make a balanced Master Hand moveset.
Now I'm with you there. Master Hand and Crazy Hand have some pretty freaking creative attacks as bosses, so I can imagine it would be pretty amazing given the thought process of making a full character.

So I wondered how they could interpret Crazy Hand, and my brain pretty much immediately thought up some Darkness Illusion type B.S. and I would honestly be all for that as annoying as it would be.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wait. I think SMT 5 is more likely to get a character, but what if it gets a spirit event instead?
I mean. That's the most likely outcome for SMTV or SMT in general. Not only for SMT to be honest but for all fighters when we only have 1 fighter left, except for Sora I guess because I doubt Nintendo would approach Disney for just a few spirits lol

But yeah, it could happen.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
The WoL minigame thing is just a poor design choice on its own, I really don’t think that would make a playable Master Hand “scummy.” Especially since the characters for FP2 were decided long after the base game was finished. No debating that the base game made some questionable choices, but them adding Smash’s iconic baddie as the final character would be a huge bone throne to smash fans, hard to call that scummy. And he’d obviously have to be mechanically different from the minigame to work as a balanced character anyway.

and before anyone says Tabuu, Masterhand >>> Tabuu and you know it

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, even if people expect him, we'd still be surprised because of the state Golden Sun is in.
It's not like it's any worse than it was 8 or so years ago. Dark Dawn attention died down pretty quick, but now there's a 20th Anniversary coming up, along with the GS community doing Golden Sunday events a few times a year.

We did read the situation wrong when Camelot took 3 years to make an average Golf game, so certainly nothing coming this year it looks like. They'll be working on something next though.

And state of the series aside, it didn't stop Banjo, and from an individual character perspective, K.Rool, to get added as ballot picks. Isaac's up there, so if there's any chance of him getting in it'll be for that reason.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Just make him playable in the new All-Star Mode. That's a mode update, not an actual new mode. And we did get mode updates after he said "no new modes".

I don't think it'll happen, but it's a great way to do so while balancing the issue. MH just doesn't work for normal battles as is. Most bosses don't(though Ridley from 4 is very similar to a regular player character, but also, Giga Bowser, Metal Mario, and Giant DK are respectively regular gameplay too).

I'd love to see these bosses and mini-bosses playable as is. Don't need to be balanced, just not buggy. Tis fun and all~

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The WoL minigame thing is just a poor design choice on its own, I really don’t think that would make a playable Master Hand “scummy.” Especially since the characters for FP2 were decided long after the base game was finished. No debating that the base game made some questionable choices, but them adding Smash’s iconic baddie as the final character would be a huge bone throne to smash fans, hard to call that scummy. And he’d obviously have to be mechanically different from the minigame to work as a balanced character anyway.
Eh, I still can't view properly adding a character that's technically already playable in any other light.

"Hey kids! You like the part where you get to play as Master Hand once per save file? Well cough up $5 and then you can play as it for realizes this time!"

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I would be a little disappointed in Nintendo for making such a move.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I could see them do an extended opening movie that includes all of the DLC if you’ve purchased them all. As it currently stands the World of Light song is missing a verse or two, which is just enough time to slip in the rest of the DLC as a bonus

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Eh, I still can't view properly adding a character that's technically already playable in any other light.

"Hey kids! You like the part where you get to play as Master Hand once per save file? Well cough up $5 and then you can play as it for realizes this time!"

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I would be a little disappointed in Nintendo for making such a move.
It's still better than them doing nothing about it, honestly.

I'd rather cough up five bucks to always play him for as long as I want than constantly having to grind hours just to retry the 2 minutes he's playable because my dumbass self forgot to quit before the game saved.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's still better than them doing nothing about it, honestly.

I'd rather cough up five bucks to always play him for as long as I want than constantly having to grind hours just to retry the 2 minutes he's playable because my dumbass self forgot to quite before the game saved.
And that's fine. I'm just not thrilled at the prospect of them selling the solution to a problem they created like that. I'd much prefer it be a free update, base roster in a future game, or DLC in a future game where the character isn't already playable to some extent already.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not severely averse to the idea either. I suspect if it did happen, I would let it go fairly quickly. I definitely wouldn't be bitter about it like with Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
A third party series being published and funded by Nintendo? I can't think of more examples beyond Bayonetta 2 and 3, but there are some close examples.

SMTV is being published by them on Europe, and well, this is just speculation/theories but some people feel like they've at least put some money to help with the whole simultaneous worldwide release thing, which is a first for Atlus, and kinda surprising the first game with a simultaneous worlwide release in their history wasn't a Persona game like Persona 5 Royal, specially when they're now part of Sega so it's not like they don't have zero support in that regard.

I think Octopath Traveler was published by Nintendo on Europe as well. Capcom definitely received some money for Monster Hunter: Rise to be a timed Switch exclusive.

And I'm not well informed about Fatal Frame but I'm sure Fatal Frame 5 on Wii U was published by Nintendo despite being owned by Koei Tecmo.
To answer your question. Fatal Frame is co owned by Nintendo with Koei Tecmo.

Edit: Which reminds me of the Cubivore IP. That one was made by Intelligent Systems but Atlus is the publisher outside Japan. The exact opposite to the cases presented. I imagine Nintendo has the rights since there is Cubivore content in some smash games. I would believe its a pretty similar situation for those games.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I saw that the Fatal frame Switch port will also be on ps4, Xbox and Steam. Does that mean Koei now fully own the ip now? Or Nintendo just let them release the game on other platform?
No idea there. Maybe? Its possible that Koie has more power over the series since it was theirs to begin with. Still, suprised the seires got an assist trophy.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, time to get this off my chest. Full-on tinfoil hat time for me.
As the DLC cycle for Ultimate comes to a close, I’ve noticed some very tongue-in-cheek things added despite the ever-present threat of government-mandated censors and angry parents who can’t be bothered to keep a watchful eye on their kids. With all of these factors taken into consideration, I figure it’s time I throw in my own personal candidate for who Challenger #11 could potentially be…
Senran Kagura's Asuka!
Frankly, I've fallen in love with this franchise over the past two years; It's predominantly a series of hack 'n' slash games with a wide array of playable characters, customization options, and an incredible story that intertwines each mainline game beautifully with one another. Asuka herself could provide an extremely unique playstyle unlike any other character already in Smash, thanks to her earth-based powers, lighting-fast attacks, and dual-wielding of swords.

Asuka is a second-year student at Hanzou National Academy, a school in Japan that raises Good Shinobi for the purpose of battling dangerous demons known as Youma. She's widely hailed as the main protagonist of the series, and as a result, usually gets the most screentime whenever the game focuses on her team. While she has a good heart and is willing to befriend whoever she comes across, this naivety has nearly costed her life many times over. Nevertheless, this optimism has won many of her old enemies over to her side, with only a single man attracting her pure hatred.

Senran Kagura is one a franchise owned by Marvelous not yet represented in Smash Bros. (the company has spirits from Daemon X Machina and Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin on the Spirit Board, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes is available as a Mii Swordfighter costume). While this was initially thought to be a sign that companies who receive such content could no longer receive a fighter of any sort, Kazuya had proved otherwise, as a Mii Brawler outfit from his home series was added a year prior, leaving him out of the running until he was actually added. In addition, I mentioned in the beginning of this pointless piece that the devs have been adding in some very small but cheeky things, such as the jiggle physics of Pyra/Mythra and the Shantae Mii Brawler outfit being possibly the skimpiest Mii costume yet, albeit with a few sacrifices made to maintain the game's age rating. As an added bonus, the franchise got its start on the 3DS, so it has quite a place in Nintendo's history.

At this point, I'm not even gonna bother to pretend to ignore the elephant in the room; Senran Kagura is a franchise that prides itself on its lewd content, which is the single biggest hurdle that Asuka faces. She's one of the more conservatively dressed characters, sure, but she's just as prone to ecchi shenanigans as almost everybody in her home franchise. On top of that, she has competition not only with several popular video game characters, but with other Marvelous franchises (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons in particular), and even with a character in her own series, who just so happens to be the most popular in Japan. Adding onto that, she's also what many Smash fans would consider an archetypical "Anime Swordfighter," so she'd receive backlash for that the moment she's shown in gameplay.

In her home series, Asuka is usually the first character you play as. As mentioned earlier, she dual-wields a pair of wakizashi swords, attacking her opponents with lightning fast, alternating slashes, which should allow her to rack up extensive combos. She's also got a small arsenal beyond that, such as shuriken and kunai for rapidly attacking opponents from a distance, to the ability to chase after any opponent she launches, as well as the ability to break out of a combo at the expense of her own health. These factors and more can easily set her apart from any other fighter currently in Smash.

Senran Kagura has a bounty of areas to do combat in, from the sun-baked shores of an island resort to the smoldering ruins of Kyoto. But in my eyes, the most likely area in the game to become a stage is Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy, where evil shinobi are trained to the extent of their abilities. There are several areas on the academy grounds that could prove to be fun and unique for different battles, with too many little gimmicks for me to list off here alone.
Senran Kagura's music is an extremely catchy mix of traditional Japanese instrumentation, hard rock, and orchestra, all of which combine to provide absolute candy to the ears, and would provide a bounty of variety in Ultimate's already variable soundtrack. The main theme of the first game, Chaos in Bloom, sounds perfect for one final battle between two rivals, which is something it actually has played over in the main games. Here, have a listen for yourself!
I know it's a nigh impossibility, I've made peace with the fact, but still, it's a ton of fun to think about characters I like joining Smash Bros. It's that way for any fan of the game. I'm just showing off a little love for a character that I'd like to see make the roster in the future, and I'm happy that I could have at least shown off my ideas. I haven't the slightest idea who could be next, and I'm gonna be happy with whoever it is, but if I wind up wrong and Asuka makes it in my some stroke of fate...
Well, you can at least expect me to be over the moon.
If any of you jerks takes this seriously, I'm going to eat the biggest hat I've got.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
So I have a genuine question: how popular is Steam as a platform and Valve as a developer/publisher in Japan?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, time to get this off my chest. Full-on tinfoil hat time for me.
As the DLC cycle for Ultimate comes to a close, I’ve noticed some very tongue-in-cheek things added despite the ever-present threat of government-mandated censors and angry parents who can’t be bothered to keep a watchful eye on their kids. With all of these factors taken into consideration, I figure it’s time I throw in my own personal candidate for who Challenger #11 could potentially be…
Senran Kagura's Asuka!
Frankly, I've fallen in love with this franchise over the past two years; It's predominantly a series of hack 'n' slash games with a wide array of playable characters, customization options, and an incredible story that intertwines each mainline game beautifully with one another. Asuka herself could provide an extremely unique playstyle unlike any other character already in Smash, thanks to her earth-based powers, lighting-fast attacks, and dual-wielding of swords.

Asuka is a second-year student at Hanzou National Academy, a school in Japan that raises Good Shinobi for the purpose of battling dangerous demons known as Youma. She's widely hailed as the main protagonist of the series, and as a result, usually gets the most screentime whenever the game focuses on her team. While she has a good heart and is willing to befriend whoever she comes across, this naivety has nearly costed her life many times over. Nevertheless, this optimism has won many of her old enemies over to her side, with only a single man attracting her pure hatred.

Senran Kagura is one a franchise owned by Marvelous not yet represented in Smash Bros. (the company has spirits from Daemon X Machina and Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin on the Spirit Board, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes is available as a Mii Swordfighter costume). While this was initially thought to be a sign that companies who receive such content could no longer receive a fighter of any sort, Kazuya had proved otherwise, as a Mii Brawler outfit from his home series was added a year prior, leaving him out of the running until he was actually added. In addition, I mentioned in the beginning of this pointless piece that the devs have been adding in some very small but cheeky things, such as the jiggle physics of Pyra/Mythra and the Shantae Mii Brawler outfit being possibly the skimpiest Mii costume yet, albeit with a few sacrifices made to maintain the game's age rating. As an added bonus, the franchise got its start on the 3DS, so it has quite a place in Nintendo's history.

At this point, I'm not even gonna bother to pretend to ignore the elephant in the room; Senran Kagura is a franchise that prides itself on its lewd content, which is the single biggest hurdle that Asuka faces. She's one of the more conservatively dressed characters, sure, but she's just as prone to ecchi shenanigans as almost everybody in her home franchise. On top of that, she has competition not only with several popular video game characters, but with other Marvelous franchises (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons in particular), and even with a character in her own series, who just so happens to be the most popular in Japan. Adding onto that, she's also what many Smash fans would consider an archetypical "Anime Swordfighter," so she'd receive backlash for that the moment she's shown in gameplay.

In her home series, Asuka is usually the first character you play as. As mentioned earlier, she dual-wields a pair of wakizashi swords, attacking her opponents with lightning fast, alternating slashes, which should allow her to rack up extensive combos. She's also got a small arsenal beyond that, such as shuriken and kunai for rapidly attacking opponents from a distance, to the ability to chase after any opponent she launches, as well as the ability to break out of a combo at the expense of her own health. These factors and more can easily set her apart from any other fighter currently in Smash.

Senran Kagura has a bounty of areas to do combat in, from the sun-baked shores of an island resort to the smoldering ruins of Kyoto. But in my eyes, the most likely area in the game to become a stage is Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy, where evil shinobi are trained to the extent of their abilities. There are several areas on the academy grounds that could prove to be fun and unique for different battles, with too many little gimmicks for me to list off here alone.
Senran Kagura's music is an extremely catchy mix of traditional Japanese instrumentation, hard rock, and orchestra, all of which combine to provide absolute candy to the ears, and would provide a bounty of variety in Ultimate's already variable soundtrack. The main theme of the first game, Chaos in Bloom, sounds perfect for one final battle between two rivals, which is something it actually has played over in the main games. Here, have a listen for yourself!
I know it's a nigh impossibility, I've made peace with the fact, but still, it's a ton of fun to think about characters I like joining Smash Bros. It's that way for any fan of the game. I'm just showing off a little love for a character that I'd like to see make the roster in the future, and I'm happy that I could have at least shown off my ideas. I haven't the slightest idea who could be next, and I'm gonna be happy with whoever it is, but if I wind up wrong and Asuka makes it in my some stroke of fate...
Well, you can at least expect me to be over the moon.
If any of you jerks takes this seriously, I'm going to eat the biggest hat I've got.
Start eating, FOOL.

Wait, that came out wrong...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Since, I read earlier about the desires for the end game. I think I will share the one thing I would love to get. A new opening with all of the DLC characters. Probably really unlikely but definitely the number one thing I would love to see.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Personally, I could maybe see CP11 being a ballot pick. If base game and FP1 could have one, I don't see why FP2 also couldn't get one either. With how big fan service was for Ultimate and how it Ultimate STARTED with fanservicy characters, I could perhaps see them wanting one to END Ultimate too.

I'm not going to say its "likely", because lol nothing is at this point. Still, I wouldn't discount the possibility.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Personally, I could maybe see CP11 being a ballot pick. If base game and FP1 could have one, I don't see why FP2 also couldn't get one either. With how big fan service was for Ultimate and how it Ultimate STARTED with fanservicy characters, I could perhaps see them wanting one to END Ultimate too.

I'm not going to say its "likely", because lol nothing is at this point. Still, I wouldn't discount the possibility.
At the very least, a ballot pick can fit the second chance theme pretty easily. Maybe a lower priority ballot pick that they scrapped down the line.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just a random question. Are there any characters that have indirect representation besides Porky? People are torn up between deciding if he is actually in the game or not. Just wanted to know if there are any more characters that are in the same situation as him.
As far as I'm concerned, Porky isn't in the game, but the Absolutely Safe Capsule is. If Samus wasn't playable and all we got was the Gunship as a spirit, would you say that the Gunship spirit is meant to represent Samus just because she's presumed to be inside it because it's somehow the logical choice? Or would you just say it as an excuse to take out some competition for [insert your most wanted here]?

I wouldn't worry about naysayers and semantics and all that, just ride it out and hope for the best.:nifty:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
These Golden Sun arguments are tiring because it's always the same dude who screams that people are letting hype cloud their judgement talking about how his most wanted has a very good chance and we should consider him a frontrunner when the character in question is considered hype by the fanbase as he's been a popular request for 15 years but because he isn't considered likely since the AT that apparantly means he wouldn't be hype.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is no way in hell that Roy fans were a bigger crowd. He had to deal with complaints about being a clone and sucking in both games that could be considered his debut. On top of that, unlike Lucas, he was an unlockable and his Smash game sold less, giving him an even bigger chance to be niche.

And yes, I know it'd be risky. Good thing Nintendo gives no ****s about what Smash fans consider safe and they haven't sold out the same way the fanbase has.
I don't think Smash has sold out. I almost wish it would sell out more, and add more hugely popular characters- because no matter what, I will likely always see Smash as a video game hall of fame, and perhaps the only time in my lifetime where I can see so many icons on one screen.

That said--- I agree, there isn't much of a reason I could think that Roy is or was more popular than Isaac. In addition to having 8 FE's and four M4rth's, Roy still has the benefit of having a Smash audience. Even still, Isaac's (seemingly) gotten one of the largest amounts of support as far as characters go for First Party. It's been this way since Brawl. I am open to, but very skeptical, of thinking Roy had this- with or without veteran status.
Additionally, Golden Sun sold pretty well- in fact, the original game sold almost the exact same amount as Persona 5- the 1.2-1.3 million range. Interesting perspective when one considers such. Fire Emblem- binding blade sold about 3.45 million. Sales don't mean everything, but they are numbers to add to the conversation. Without even taking into account Isaac's other games.

Not to mention, how much Isaac would, by default, have to stand out- with his giant hand and the Djinn. Compared to... a Sword with fire.

Purely anecdotally, I think Golden Sun might appeal to the same audience as the Avatar series.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned, Porky isn't in the game, but the Absolutely Safe Capsule is. If Samus wasn't playable and all we got was the Gunship as a spirit, would you say that the Gunship spirit is meant to represent Samus just because she's presumed to be inside it because it's somehow the logical choice? Or would you just say it as an excuse to take out some competition for [insert your most wanted here]?

I wouldn't worry about naysayers and semantics and all that, just ride it out and hope for the best.:nifty:
I wouldn't take it out I think. I would consider as much characters as possible. At least Samus didn't lock herself in the gunship for eternity.

ZelDan

Smash Master
These Golden Sun arguments are tiring because it's always the same dude who screams that people are letting hype cloud their judgement talking about how his most wanted has a very good chance and we should consider him a frontrunner when the character in question is considered hype by the fanbase as he's been a popular request for 15 years but because he isn't considered likely since the AT that apparantly means he wouldn't be hype.
Isaac apparently has Schrodinger's hype. he is simultaneously hype and not hype at once.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn't take it out I think. I would consider as much characters as possible. At least Samus didn't lock herself in the gunship for eternity.
If you ask me, the proper way to do a Porky spirit would be an enhanceable one that goes from his regular clay model to his spider-form or his Mother 3 look.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
As for Nintendo giving no ****... of course they don't. Us rulemaking speculators are such a minority compared to the broader Smash audience that it shouldn't be a surprise that we don't matter. But in hindsight, some of their picks make sense, like how Tekken is the best-selling franchise not named Smash or the fact that Sephiroth is one of the most iconic villains in all of gaming.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here- I'm assuming that you meant Tekken is the best-selling fighting franchise not named Smash....
but this isn't true either. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are both substantially bigger, as games, and much more so, as Media Franchises.
But Tekken is indeed the 3rd biggest fighting game series.

Enough for Sakurai to consider him over Young Link and Pichu, at least.

Since Roy and Lucas were explicitly stated to be spots reserved for a Melee and Brawl character respectively, these two had to be among the most popular characters from their respective games (not counting Ice Climbers who were impossible on 3DS and Snake because Konami is a **** company :V)

And no, I have no idea why we got Lucas over Wolf, that ****ing eludes me to this day.
This is a somewhat unfair comment. Young Link would have likely received a lot of backlash, since we had Toon Link. Pichu was given the trash mechanic by being the joke character.
I honestly don't think that, today, Roy would be held in as high of a regard- with four versions of Marth, and a balanced Pichu.

I am REALLY into the idea of a DX Cut being called 'Ultimate Encore.'

Now I'm with you there. Master Hand and Crazy Hand have some pretty freaking creative attacks as bosses, so I can imagine it would be pretty amazing given the thought process of making a full character.

So I wondered how they could interpret Crazy Hand, and my brain pretty much immediately thought up some Darkness Illusion type B.S. and I would honestly be all for that as annoying as it would be.
I absolutely do not want the Hands to be playable as characters.
1- I feel it is a waste of resources
2- If they are to be balanced, it just weakens their integrity as boss characters.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not severely averse to the idea either. I suspect if it did happen, I would let it go fairly quickly. I definitely wouldn't be bitter about it like with Pyra/Mythra.
I'm curious- why are you bitter about Pythra?
The main problem is that... who could that first party be?

Aside from Luigi's Mansion 3, every first-party Switch title has covered with either playable stuff, non-playable stuff or both.

So either we get something like King Boo or Gooigi.......or they dig a little deeper, which can be risky from a marketing standpoint because at least other first-party DLCs were relevant.
Or, perhaps, Spirits have nothing to do with disconfirming characters- just as almost everything else that 'disconfirms a character' is nonsense.
Spirits are barely impactful in Smash, at all. There are 1500, specific ones rarely come up, and constitute the most minor of inclusion recognition that can be made. As an event, they can used, momentarily, to promote another title. There is absolutely no reason that a series of spirits used for promotion, would disconfirm a character over a year after their release. There is no reason to hold off on a spirit event for a long duration, simply to later add a character. There is no correlation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom