• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
As someone who plays both Smash and Brawlhalla, I cannot stand that argument...
Fine then, give me Smash x Brawlhalla :yeahboi:
I mean, a Brawlhalla rep in Smash would be pretty interesting. They’d have 3 movesets (unarmed, and two different weapons depending on which character it is, although the unarmed moveset lacks Signature Moves) and potentially some interesting mechanics if they port over things like the air dash-esque airdodges and Gravity Cancelling.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel like there’s a lot of obvious Spirit Event material (new ones, not generic themed ones) that were missed opportunities

like Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore (just so Tsubasa wouldn’t be the only TMS spirit anymore), Xenoblade DE Future Connected, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (assuming Arle isn’t playable), Star Ocean First Departure R, and please Spirits team I am begging you I want Darkest Dungeon to be acknowledged 🥺

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
That didn't stop people from assuming Namco would just bring back their mii costumes and be done. I guess that also involved the logic that Namco didn't like adding characters due to some interview from years ago. I just remember so many people dismissing Namco entirely for whatever reason for this pass.
I never did. I was always counting on a Namco character. Capcom, on the other hand, had Rathalos in base game, all of its returning costumes before a capcom character + new ones, a Resident Evil spirit event, and a second Monster Hunter deconfirm for DLC. When Phoenix Wright is your best remaining option for Capcom, I think it's time to let it go.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've always found the whole "they're already in PSASBR" argument silly mainly because nobody cares about Playstation All-Stars.
You don't really see people popping off over PSAS announcements. Granted, there haven't been any in eight years; not even Sony cares.
Yeah, I think only Smash fans (and maybe some gaming historians) really still care this game exists these days.
For as much as the game failed, it still succeeded to live rent free in our heads almost a decade later, gotta kinda give Sony some brownie points for that at least... :secretkpop:

Last edited:

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
So apparently, the number for the Kazuya tournament is 4050, not 4029 like I was guessing it was. That, and there's also the two missing spirit events 1019 and 1035, and the missing news updates 2132, 2129, 2119, 2063, and 2007
Most of those are things like the Update Coming Soon News item or the notice you get when receiving the Promotional Spirit. This type of stuff doesn't show up on the website, but the update item still pops up when starting the game as shown in this Alpharad video:

I went over those news updates you mentioned and here's what I assume they are:
2132: Monster Hunter Stories 2's Promotional Event is 2131. This is likely the notice for receiving the Razewing Ratha spirit.
2129: Most likely the Version 11.0.0 Coming Soon message that shows up before the new version is released.
2119: Same thing as 2132 but replaced with Persona 5 Strikers and the Sophia Spirit.
2063: I wasn't tracking the update items at this point in time, but 2065 is the notice for the release of Version 6.1.0, so I'm going to assume 2063 is the Version 6.1.0 Coming Soon message.
2007: Like what happened with 2063, 2008 was the release of Version 1.2.0, so I'm assuming this is another one of those Coming Soon messages.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That reminds me of something I was curious about. Are the Battletoads the most famous western NES characters? My mind is drawing a blank and I can’t even seem to think of any others at all.
Well, based on IGN's Top NES Games list RC Pro-AM(by Rare) is the highest Western developed game on the list at 13. Then Snake Rattle And Roll(also by Rare), at 32. Then, yeah, Battletoads(Rare again!) also at 40.

Apparently Rare was the only Western NES dev that wasn't garbo. :p

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Most of those are things like the Update Coming Soon News item or the notice you get when receiving the Promotional Spirit. This type of stuff doesn't show up on the website, but the update item still pops up when starting the game as shown in this Alpharad video:

I went over those news updates you mentioned and here's what I assume they are:
2132: Monster Hunter Stories 2's Promotional Event is 2131. This is likely the notice for receiving the Razewing Ratha spirit.
2129: Most likely the Version 11.0.0 Coming Soon message that shows up before the new version is released.
2119: Same thing as 2132 but replaced with Persona 5 Strikers and the Sophia Spirit.
2063: I wasn't tracking the update items at this point in time, but 2065 is the notice for the release of Version 6.1.0, so I'm going to assume 2063 is the Version 6.1.0 Coming Soon message.
2007: Like what happened with 2063, 2008 was the release of Version 1.2.0, so I'm assuming this is another one of those Coming Soon messages.
It's been a while since I graced this forum, but hello, usual observer of in-game events here:
I've been keeping a bigger track on these events since November of last year and want to thank for this because it was seriously one of the very few I was missing, although I can say that we still have 1 missing:
  • 2132, 2119, 2007 and 2129 (can't believe we got a notice after the update ID, cool) are right on the money, so thanks a lot for clearing the hardest ones out.
  • The issue with 2063 is that I've had the notice for 6.1.0 as to 2064. So taking that into account, we still have an ID unaccounted for no matter what and that is the ONLY MISSING ID to ever exist. For reference, this ID falls between the news for Terry and 6.1.0
At this point, all IDs will show up one way or the other, so keep an lookout for 2 missing spirit events and one Online Tourney.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well, based on IGN's Top NES Games list RC Pro-AM(by Rare) is the highest Western developed game on the list at 13. Then Snake Rattle And Roll(also by Rare), at 32. Then, yeah, Battletoads(Rare again!) also at 40.

Apparently Rare was the only Western NES dev that wasn't garbo. :p
As far as characters are concerned then, I guess the Battletoads are the most famous western NES reps since I don’t think RC Pro-AM or Snake Rattle & Roll really have established characters. I’m not sure how much of an edge that gives the toads but it’s a fun bit of trivia at least.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
As far as characters are concerned then, I guess the Battletoads are the most famous western NES reps since I don’t think RC Pro-AM or Snake Rattle & Roll really have established characters. I’m not sure how much of an edge that gives the toads but it’s a fun bit of trivia at least.
Unfortunately now Battletoads is a Microsoft ip, so I don't think they will get in before Halo or Doom. Honestly I really wish Rare would have stayed with Nintendo, we could have those alongside Killer instinct way more easily in Smash.

i know people say smash is a gaming hall of fame, but do we really need to make it a museum? We can have things that aren't fossils, you know.
Literally none of those are fossils. Battletoads got a reboot recently, Ninja gaiden got remaster, Contra got a 2019 game (although it failed pretty badly), Ghost n goblins just got a revival, Bubble bobble also got a 2019 game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I graced this forum, but hello, usual observer of in-game events here:
I've been keeping a bigger track on these events since November of last year and want to thank for this because it was seriously one of the very few I was missing, although I can say that we still have 1 missing:
  • 2132, 2119, 2007 and 2129 (can't believe we got a notice after the update ID, cool) are right on the money, so thanks a lot for clearing the hardest ones out.
  • The issue with 2063 is that I've had the notice for 6.1.0 as to 2064. So taking that into account, we still have an ID unaccounted for no matter what and that is the ONLY MISSING ID to ever exist. For reference, this ID falls between the news for Terry and 6.1.0
At this point, all IDs will show up one way or the other, so keep an lookout for 2 missing spirit events and one Online Tourney.
Okay, going off of this, then it's possible that the remaining 2 spirit events and the tournament will likely show up before this year is over. The delayed spirit events likely tie into games that were released from 2019 to the present

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Unfortunately now Battletoads is a Microsoft ip, so I don't think they will get in before Halo or Doom. Honestly I really wish Rare would have stayed with Nintendo, we could have those alongside Killer instinct way more easily in Smash.

Literally none of those are fossils. Battletoads got a reboot recently, Ninja gaiden got remaster, Contra got a 2019 game (although it failed pretty badly), Ghost n goblins just got a revival, Bubble bobble also got a 2019 game.
Yeah, there’s a good chance you’re right but I think the Battletoads have two important advantages over Doomguy and Master Chief. The first is their (and RARE’s) history with Nintendo. Doom has always been multiplatform and Halo has never been on a Nintendo console. The second is more subjective but I think their play style translates much better to a fighting game like Smash than a FPS character.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Yeah, there’s a good chance you’re right but I think the Battletoads have two important advantages over Doomguy and Master Chief. The first is their (and RARE’s) history with Nintendo. Doom has always been multiplatform and Halo has never been on a Nintendo console. The second is more subjective but I think their play style translates much better to a fighting game like Smash than a FPS character.
Tekken has had only 3 games on Nintendo consoles.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Imagine if before we got the last character Nintendo had a big 'Mii-Costume Deconfirms' event with a lot of folk's biggest wants.

Crash, Chief, Doom-Slayer, Pheonix Wright, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sora, et cetera...
Would kinda sting but both of my most wanted characters aren't on that list so that just removes the competition, especially Master Chief and Doom Guy.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if before we got the last character Nintendo had a big 'Mii-Costume Deconfirms' event with a lot of folk's biggest wants.

Crash, Chief, Doom-Slayer, Pheonix Wright, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sora, et cetera...
That would be a huge waste of money in licensing to say the least

People would have every right to complain if that was the case

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

More than anything I'd be intrigued that they only started handing out solo Mii waves now when all the DLC Miis thus far have been with a fighter

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

While I would like for the Mii costumes to come first during the final character presentation, this list really hurts. Chief... Doom Slayer, Crash, and Sora. But Chief hurts the most.

Twilord

Smash Ace
More than anything I'd be intrigued that they only started handing out solo Mii waves now when all the DLC Miis thus far have been with a fighter
Most likely it would be because they didn't want to load down the last Fighter with other Mii-Fighters who would never get in. Them deciding it was worth giving those fanbases something.

That would be a huge waste of money in licensing to say the least

People would have every right to complain if that was the case
So it would be better to not ever have those characters? Or to have them as Mii-Costumes with the last character, with whoever that last character is having the weight of being contrasted with who we didn't get?

While I would like for the Mii costumes to come first during the final character presentation, this list really hurts. Chief... Doom Slayer, Crash, and Sora. But Chief hurts the most.
Sorry, but its best to be prepared and at this point most (literally most) of them would be lucky to get a Mii-Costume.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Western NES Characters of decent notoriety:

1) The Battletoads - These have been addressed above in the thread
2) The Snakes in Snake Rattle and Roll - I think their names are Rattle and Roll. I love them.
3) Paperboy - He's a Paperboy. His game was massive NES/Game Boy era
4) Q-Bert - Wreck-it Ralph's buddy. Plus he's never gone too far.
5) Harry - Super Pitfall was on the NES.
6) Linus Spacehead - More well known in the UK than US, but he had some notoriety.
7) Dizzy - See Linus Spacehead

-

Not NES, but different western peers:

Horace - He just got a new game on Switch.
Glorious Giana Sisters - Would be hilarious.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
So it would be better to not ever have those characters? Or to have them as Mii-Costumes with the last character, with whoever that last character is having the weight of being contrasted with who we didn't get?
Think about it
It's almost a miracle to get rights for someone like Sora, yet they would waste it on a mii? Wasting the opportunity to make the MK x SF crossover possible as well? How is that good by any measure? That's straight up a godawful business decision no matter how you look at it.
With characters such as Dante I can get it, since he's Capcom (so not that hard or expensive to get) and DMC is far from being their biggest franchise so I feel like he wouldn't be a priority over the likes of RE and MH, it was pretty much mii or nothing for him.

But you try to tell me they could've put all of these huge gaming icons in the game such as Chief, Scorpion and Crash in the same pass yet they didn't because lol?

There's also the fact barely anybody uses the miis, they aren't spectacular characters either way and some of the costumes kind of look bad/ugly.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Think about it
It's almost a miracle to get rights for someone like Sora, yet they would waste it on a mii? Wasting the opportunity to make the MK x SF crossover possible as well? How is that good by any measure? That's straight up a godawful business decision no matter how you look at it.
With characters such as Dante I can get it, since he's Capcom (so not that hard or expensive to get) and DMC is far from being their biggest franchise so I feel like he wouldn't be a priority over the likes of RE and MH.

But you try to tell me they could've put all of these huge gaming icons in the game such as Chief, Scorpion and Crash in the same pass yet they didn't because lol?

There's also the fact barely anybody uses the miis, they aren't spectacular characters either way and some of the costumes kind of look bad/ugly.

You know its possible they could find themselves in a position where they could only get a costume right?

Its possible (in that 'corporations are dumb' way) that Disney wouldn't have an issue with 'a cheap cosplay' of a character they own doing stuff they don't want the character doing.

Also we're only getting one character; most people's wants are gonna get yeeted into the volcano by Kazuya so its easiest to just point out that most of those characters would be if they got in at all.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
You know its possible they could find themselves in a position where they could only get a costume right?

Its possible (in that 'corporations are dumb' way) that Disney wouldn't have an issue with 'a cheap cosplay' of a character they own doing stuff they don't want the character doing.

Also we're only getting one character; most people's wants are gonna get yeeted into the volcano by Kazuya so its easiest to just point out that most of those characters would be if they got in at all.
If it's indeed way cheaper I could get it, otherwise it's a waste

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
The way I see it is I see the rights to mii costumes being a lot cheaper than getting the rights to them as playable. Think of it as a chocolate bar situation. You want the huge galaxy bar but it costs way too much so you buy the smaller version which is cheaper. The same kinda situation as Fighters and mii costumes
Mom, can I have Sora?

We have Sora at home.

Sora at home: Miiiiiiiii

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
i know people say smash is a gaming hall of fame, but do we really need to make it a museum? We can have things that aren't fossils, you know.
Honestly, I don't think it's "museum" enough. My dream base roster for whatever comes next includes characters like Takamaru, Lip, Isaac, Andy and/or Sami, Ayumi Tachibana, a Style Saavy rep, Pangero from Teleroboxer, any Custom Robo, Master Higgens, and Climber from the Game & Watch of the same name.

Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, Pit, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt all proved that Nintendo has this insane wealth of retro characters that could and should be updated for Smash. There's even a demand for them. I live for those picks, even if I wasn't necessarily old enough to enjoy their respective games in their prime. They're so much more fascinating to me for some reason.

If not, at least keep giving them the "Assist Trophy/Mii costume" route like they did with Takamaru, Lip, Sukapon, and Ray Mk III.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I’m not saying it’s impossible for a series without much presence on Nintendo to get a character. It’s just one thing to consider.
And it's not impossible that we get a character with 0 Nintendo appearances either.
Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? No.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
And it's not impossible that we get a character with 0 Nintendo appearances either.
Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? No.
Very true. I want to think the relationship with Nintendo still means at least something but I never say anything is impossible when it comes to Smash.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
So apparently, the number for the Kazuya tournament is 4050, not 4029 like I was guessing it was. That, and there's also the two missing spirit events 1019 and 1035, and the missing news updates 2132, 2129, 2119, 2063, and 2007
NotGenerico NotGenerico and MrJudd MrJudd already commented on this, more precisly the missing update part of it, So I comment on the Missing Spirit Event and Tourney

The Missing Spirit events are weird in that (Would have) taken place very early in FP1. 1019 would have been before Joker released, and 1035 would have been like right when Hero released (Mother Spirit event is 1034, which was before Hero. Gas Event is right after Hero, at 1036)

For those to still be missing now when FP2 is almost over is very weird. My guess as to why is either

-The event was delayed to perhaps include a Spirit that at the time wasn't made or negotiated for yet

-The event was for a game and/or series, that either got delayed due to delayed release of game, or better time to time Spirit event

If I had to take a guess, People aren't gonna like the answer, But since these events are related to Joker and Hero timeframe, my guesses are Shin Megami Tensi and Chrono Trigger events. However, I do think your guess is as good as mine though

For the Tourney Event, This Tourney would have been sometime after Min Min Came out, and would have been the tourney after the "Most Regal" tourney involving the royalty characters in the Cast. An Additional thing to say is the weeks after had Double Spirit event weeks, with one of those events being a Paper Mario one

For my guess at the tourney, It's most likely a tourney that is inclusive, but not based on a particular DLC Character like the DLC Character tourneys. The Fire Tourney that was delayed could have worked being released in it's initial time, some time after Byleth (who didn't have Fire Based moves), but it was delayed to include FP2 fighters.

So my guesses to this one are either a Swordfighter tourney, a Women's tourney, or perhaps something relegated to Species (Humanoid and Not Humanoid Fighters)

Especially if we have to wait longer than usual for CP11, I think we will see what will come of Tourney 4029. If it doesn't show up before we getting next reveal, than it could start applying it to CP11.

Also in some potential interesting stuff, Apparently someone on 4chan said that all Events, Tourney, etc of this extra content is to end on February, 23rd, 2022. This is apparently not checkable on the Website, but on the news site in the actual game, so I'll go check it when I get on Smash

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Adol is CP11, I can confirm it.
I can also confirm. Adol is in.

Anyways please do check out Ys IXm though I'd recommend playing I, II, and VIII first to fully understand what's going on. Unless, of course, you're in Europe, in which you'll have to wait another three days.

Or you're importing the Limited Edition from Europe for a short tie-in novel because you're a lore fanatic like me and the Limited Edition is sold out in the States. That too.

MattX20

Smash Hero
NotGenerico NotGenerico and MrJudd MrJudd already commented on this, more precisly the missing update part of it, So I comment on the Missing Spirit Event and Tourney

The Missing Spirit events are weird in that (Would have) taken place very early in FP1. 1019 would have been before Joker released, and 1035 would have been like right when Hero released (Mother Spirit event is 1034, which was before Hero. Gas Event is right after Hero, at 1036)

For those to still be missing now when FP2 is almost over is very weird. My guess as to why is either

-The event was delayed to perhaps include a Spirit that at the time wasn't made or negotiated for yet

-The event was for a game and/or series, that either got delayed due to delayed release of game, or better time to time Spirit event

If I had to take a guess, People aren't gonna like the answer, But since these events are related to Joker and Hero timeframe, my guesses are Shin Megami Tensi and Chrono Trigger events. However, I do think your guess is as good as mine though

For the Tourney Event, This Tourney would have been sometime after Min Min Came out, and would have been the tourney after the "Most Regal" tourney involving the royalty characters in the Cast. An Additional thing to say is the weeks after had Double Spirit event weeks, with one of those events being a Paper Mario one

For my guess at the tourney, It's most likely a tourney that is inclusive, but not based on a particular DLC Character like the DLC Character tourneys. The Fire Tourney that was delayed could have worked being released in it's initial time, some time after Byleth (who didn't have Fire Based moves), but it was delayed to include FP2 fighters.

So my guesses to this one are either a Swordfighter tourney, a Women's tourney, or perhaps something relegated to Species (Humanoid and Not Humanoid Fighters)

Especially if we have to wait longer than usual for CP11, I think we will see what will come of Tourney 4029. If it doesn't show up before we getting next reveal, than it could start applying it to CP11.

Also in some potential interesting stuff, Apparently someone on 4chan said that all Events, Tourney, etc of this extra content is to end on February, 23rd, 2022. This is apparently not checkable on the Website, but on the news site in the actual game, so I'll go check it when I get on Smash
Keep us updated on that last part. That might be useful for speculation. Edit, that's apparently the website certification

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also in some potential interesting stuff, Apparently someone on 4chan said that all Events, Tourney, etc of this extra content is to end on February, 23rd, 2022.
So has this person also """"""""LEAKED"""""""" CP11?

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of Ys, but I know nothing about it. What's it like, in terms of gameplay and difficulty? I've been playing through more JRPGs recently, and seeing that quite a lot of people here like it makes me think it must be pretty good. Also, what consoles can I play the games on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom