• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cothero

Smash Lord
Ya know
Someone else said it before as well
CP11 could be the one fighter that doesn't fit 2nd chance theory.

Despite that, it could ALSO be a series/character that we have NO idea actually fits the theory
I'll make up an example

Ubisoft
Nintendo wanted Ubisoft to get a fighter (say base game (not as much FP1)... Ubisoft themselves wanted Rayman, Nintendo wanted someone else (say. Ezio); no negotiation could be made.
However, Nintendo tries again with Ubisoft, and Ubisoft reluctantly agrees to work with Nintendo on Ezio
Yup, i said it some pages ago: Rayman may not look like at first, but he's the perfect candidate to be the last character in the "second chance" theory criteria. He was a Trophy back in smash 4 and a spirit in Ultimate alongside some Ubisoft characters as mii costumes. Damn, even Capcom's Dante became a Mii Costume, why not him if other Ubisoft characters were added? It's something worth to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are the Monster Hunter spirits out publicly yet? It’s the only ones I’m missing.

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
I'm apparently missing 8 spirits between XC2 and Tekken, is there any way I can get them?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm apparently missing 8 spirits between XC2 and Tekken, is there any way I can get them?
Two of them are Sophia and Arthur. Previously you had to buy Persona 5 Strikers and Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection for them but this update made them available normally.

The others were spirit board events for Monster Hunter Rise and Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury. They are not yet available in regular rotation but should be in a few months.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Two of them are Sophia and Arthur. Previously you had to buy Persona 5 Strikers and Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection for them but this update made them available normally.

The others were spirit board events for Monster Hunter Rise and Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury. They are not yet available in regular rotation but should be in a few months.
I just saw the Boswer's Fury spirits on the Spirit Board though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did you already have them from the event?

If you already own the spirit, they're added to your existing rotation regardless if they're available to everyone else or not.
That would be it then.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hot dam I haven't even done that many fancy combos yet and I still think Kazuya is really fun. His movement takes some time to get used to but he feels very powerful. I also have been having a blast with the stage and the song selection is fantastic. This may just be one of my favorite DLC characters.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Actually... maybe I DON'T need to have Classic Mode beaten with every character...
I literally just forward smashed through the entire thing.

...There is no Tetra. We only have a file name and it says quite clearly Toon Sheik. He wouldn't say an incorrect file name like that for the sake of it.
Tetra basically IS Toon Sheik though.

Sheik is Zelda, disguised as someone else. Tetra is Toon Zelda disguised as someone else. Ergo, Toon Sheik.

Forget everything I ****ing said I’m a dumbass Kazuya has already become one of my favorite characters
He really IS like "What if Little Mac didn't suck?"

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Also, it's important to note that while it may not be a strict rule, there hasn't been two characters from the same company in the same pass, but if this is really a thing, there are few companies left, while characters from Microsoft, Square Enix and Bamco would be out of league:

gheryyh2.PNG

That leaves Konami, Sega, Capcom, SNK (kinda unlikely), Bethesda, Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works on board.

BUT

If the "max three characters per company" theory is a thing (and i don't really relly on this one), then there would be only SNK, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works as possible companies, if not a character from a completely new company (which i don't think it will be) - or even another Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

Well well, lookie here.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Well well, lookie here.
Oh no! Monster Hunter got deconfirmed!

Wait a minute...

Shroob

Sup?

Well well, lookie here.
Ah, nevermind.

Promo spirit.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord

Well well, lookie here.
Pokemon deconfirmed /s

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Well well, lookie here.
Is that a Spirit event? Or another "you get this if you bought the game" Spirit?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Is that a Spirit event? Or another "you get this if you bought the game" Spirit?
"If you have a play record of "Monster Hunter Stories 2 ~ Wings of Ruin ~" released on July 9th (Friday) on the Nintendo Switch itself, you can receive it in advance."

Have to wait a few months down the line like Arthur and Sophia if you don't plan on getting MHS2.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice

Well well, lookie here.
Well, that explains those two missing items. Promotional Spirits occupy two slots.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Next smash game should have magnamalo as a boss

And a proper MH stage based on Rise.

BTW, here is a little theory, the birthday theory:

it make sense to release Heihachi costume before, so Sakurai can post a pic celebrating Tekken birthday (march 1995 for PS1 and december 1994 on arcades).

It also makes sense to release now Dante and Lloyd Mii Costumes, as their anniversaries are on august (23th for DMC and 29th for ToS). Its also coincidential that Dragonborn costume was released when they celebrate Bethesda 35th anniversary.

Does this means something? Well, if CP11 is a brand new IP with no content in Ultimate, just maybe, is from a franchise whose anniversary is by the end lf the year. I don’t remember well if Sakurai celebrates anniversary of IP whose only has either spirits or music in ultimate (no fighter, stage, assist/item or mii costume) in either base game or DLC. And if he only considers the japnese release or the first. For example: Crash Bandicoot came firstly on the west by early september, but in japan the was released by early december.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wonder if the Demo version is okay or if you need the full-ass game.

Who am I kidding?
Apparently the tweet does not specify that the full game is required unlike with the Sophia spirit so the demo could work maybe?

Guess someone should test it.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Is there a list of how many characters Sakurai has mentioned been considered for Ultimate but didn't make it? Such as Heihachi, Rex etc.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
"If you have a play record of "Monster Hunter Stories 2 ~ Wings of Ruin ~" released on July 9th (Friday) on the Nintendo Switch itself, you can receive it in advance."

Have to wait a few months down the line like Arthur and Sophia if you don't plan on getting MHS2.
Well it was nice having all the Spirits again...for about 5 minutes.

Shroob

Sup?
So does anyone have Sakurai's original tweet about the Arthur/Sophia spirits?

If they don't match up, that may mean the Demo's all you need, somewhat like Tockles.

Edit:

He never mentions having to buy the game even if you do, so there's like a 99% chance you do need to buy it.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So does anyone have Sakurai's original tweet about the Arthur/Sophia spirits?

If they don't match up, that may mean the Demo's all you need, somewhat like Tockles.

Edit:

He never mentions having to buy the game even if you do, so there's like a 99% chance you do need to buy it.
The Sophia spirit tweet does indicate the full game and not the demo is required.
As for Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection, does the game have a demo with transferable progress? Because that’s how I believe is why Tockles let’s you use the demo.

Shroob

Sup?
The Sophia spirit tweet does indicate the full game and not the demo is required.
As for Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection, does the game have a demo with transferable progress? Because that’s how I believe is why Tockles let’s you use the demo.
Would be nice for some clarification from him tbh.

As far as I know, the GnG doesn't have a demo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sakutai must have a ****ing crush on Yoko Shimomora because she sure remixes a lot of songs for Smash
Seems that way. So far she’s remixed 5 songs in the DLC, 2 songs in base and 7 songs in previous games.

ACE also seems to be getting the music love lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom