• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
mmm... he's a bit clunky and useless against ranged fighters, that's for sure.
I'll try him out more some other day, definitely not a character I'd main by any means but he can be pretty fun in casual matches.
man playstation all stars battle royale 2 continues to look so good. what will nintendo do to catch up!?View attachment 321166
legit did the same matchup as soon as I could rofl

which just makes Dante's deconfirmation all the more saddening tbh

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sakutai must have a ****ing crush on Yoko Shimomora because she sure remixes a lot of songs for Smash
Why did this remind me of that one user who seriously thought the reason Terry was added was because Sakurai and the Fatal Fury creator were secretly gay lovers?

For those new here, yes, that actually happened.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Weirdly enough, the eShop isn't updated yet even though the update is downloading, at least for me. (I was hoping to get the Dante and Shantae Mii costumes, though that can wait until tomorrow)
You too?

Mine is about a fourth to a third of the way done and it's been almost three hours.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Tetra basically IS Toon Sheik though.

Sheik is Zelda, disguised as someone else. Tetra is Toon Zelda disguised as someone else. Ergo, Toon Sheik.

He really IS like "What if Little Mac didn't suck?"
Aren't the codenames usually equal if not shorter than the actual name?

Also, why didn't Toon Zelda get a codename?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why did this remind me of that one user who seriously thought the reason Terry was added was because Sakurai and the Fatal Fury creator were secretly gay lovers?

For those new here, yes, that actually happened.
Let’s not go down this discussion again yes?

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I now have save data for MHS2 on my Switch.

No Spirit.

So I'm guessing you DO need to buy the game and Sakurai just didn't mention it for whatever reason. That, or the Spirit won't be added until the specified date for some reason.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The remix feel really weird with Kazuya pack. They remix a lot of music from modern Tekken games that didn't really need remixes, but most of the older stuff is just port. Moonsiders is a pretty good remix but I think that the original is better. I think my favorite remix is Aloneness and Kazuya theme from Tekken 2.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, I now have save data for MHS2 on my Switch.

No Spirit.

So I'm guessing you DO need to buy the game and Sakurai just didn't mention it for whatever reason. That, or the Spirit won't be added until the specified date for some reason.
Wait what

who

where

Is this a thing now?

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's been a thing for awhile lol, just super sparse.

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee gave you promo spirits back when.

DQ11s gave you a promo spirit for playing the demo

Then there was a huge break and the Sophia(P5S)/Arthur Spirits were the Pythra patch
No no, I meant Monster Hunter Stories 2 spirits lol

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for the upgraded version that has Pac-Man teamed up with Kazuya, Mega Man teamed up with Ryu, and Sonic teamed up with Akira.
Next time they need to upgrade Akira (with a VF1 polygonal alt like the AT) so we can have the all star of japanese fighting games (Ryu vs Terry vs Kazuya vs Akira).

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Hey speaking of Spirits... I could have sworn someone here mentioned a bit ago that the Bowser's Fury set got added to the regular rotation with this update? I've been on the Spirit Board for a while now and they haven't shown up so I just wanna ask if that's true or if my memory broke.

On that note, I've completed all of the Tekken Spirit fights now and I quickly realized two things: Kazuya is one of the most instantly fun DLC fighters they've added so far because of his movement and flashy effects and range of moves, and also his fun factor goes down by like HALF if there's more than two players on screen because you can't input his back moves anymore.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey speaking of Spirits... I could have sworn someone here mentioned a bit ago that the Bowser's Fury set got added to the regular rotation with this update? I've been on the Spirit Board for a while now and they haven't shown up so I just wanna ask if that's true or if my memory broke.

On that note, I've completed all of the Tekken Spirit fights now and I quickly realized two things: Kazuya is one of the most instantly fun DLC fighters they've added so far because of his movement and flashy effects and range of moves, and also his fun factor goes down by like HALF if there's more than two players on screen because you can't input his back moves anymore.
Setting the right stick to tilt probably fixes that tbf though obviously a different control scheme for 1 fighter may not be ideal.

As for my thoughts, the remixes still have the unique Tekken vibe which is great, especially with Kazuya's theme preserving that ominous feel at the beginning and as for the man himself, he hits like a goddamn truck though I haven't tried him out properly yet, also probably gonna wait for people to figure him out more to see what works best for him too, labbing to find new stuff's boring and a waste of time if your income doesn't depend on it

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Initial thoughts on Kazuya: He's my least favorite DLC character to play as in Smash. (Not to be confused with what I think is the worst DLC fighter - and worst character ever - to be added into Smash, Piranha Plant...but at least he's fun.)

I'm super pumped that Tekken got representation (which I think is deserved) and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't become interested in the series because of his inclusion, but he's not fun to play with. Sakurai put a lot of love and thought into him, but he's too complicated. Sure, Hero has his specials, but they all use the same input and have names displayed to help you memorize the effects. Terry, Ryu, and Ken all have directional inputs, but you don't have to use them (I also don't like how the Capcom pair have strong and weak attacks depending on how long you push the buttons, but that's still a pretty simple thing to grasp). Pokémon Trainer and Pyra/Mythra have multiple movesets, but you can opt out of switching between them (and if you do switch between them, having distinctly different characters and stats helps).

With Kazuya though, I feel like you CAN'T NOT use the character without knowing his whole moveset. If you try to, you do what I did today, something I've never had to do in Smash - button mash. Over A can become Diagonal A, down tilt can become a different move depending on when you release the joystick, and even his A combo changes if you delay pressing the button after the second hit. It's too much. One of the joys of Smash is NOT having to memorize combos and a ton of moves to be decently good. Simplicity is an option AND complexity is an option, which I think is part of the genius of Smash. I play MK and Injustice too, so I can say I don't like these controls in this fighting game.

Tekken people probably love him, and so I'm happy for them. His stage is cool though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Watching the presentation, I was confused why he had so much invincibility on his moves...

After playing, I get why they did that for him, lmfao.

Definitely can end lives in the right hands, but using him definitely is a trip.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was expecting Kazuya to be a confusing mess.

He's still a confusing mess, but a fun one.

I rate 4/5 Kazuyas. :ultkazuya::ultkazuya::ultkazuya::ultkazuya::yeahboi:

1.:ultbanjokazooie:
2.:ultmythra:
2.5:ultpyra:
3.:ulthero3:
4.:ultsephiroth:
5.:ultminmin
6.:ultkazuya:
7.:ult_terry:
8.:ultjoker:
9.:ultbylethf:
10.:ultpiranha:
0.:ultalex:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Looks like a tournament for 2010s characters, which means the final DLC fighter probably isn't from the 2010s.

BUT SMTV DIDN'T RELEASE IN THE 2010S SO NAHOBINO IS STILL FULL STEAM AHEAD BABYYYYYYYYYY

Staarih

Smash Master
With Sakurai mentioning that the Mii Costumes we got this round were highly requested as fighters, I wonder if we'll get a similar bunch of popular requests in the last bunch. It feels like Sakurai still wants Ultimate to have as much as possible and he clearly sees Mii Costumes as compensation and somewhat playable representation, so maybe we'll get more popular picks to top it all off. At that point it probably wouldn't sting as much either as if they're not the last character, a Mii Costume is still better than nothing.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
With Sakurai mentioning that the Mii Costumes we got this round were highly requested as fighters, I wonder if we'll get a similar bunch of popular requests in the last bunch. It feels like Sakurai still wants Ultimate to have as much as possible and he clearly sees Mii Costumes as compensation and somewhat playable representation, so maybe we'll get more popular picks to top it all off. At that point it probably wouldn't sting as much either as if they're not the last character, a Mii Costume is still better than nothing.
If that's the case, all hell and then some will break loose if Crash is in the wardrobe after literal months of people putting their money where their mouths are.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
At that point it probably wouldn't sting as much either as if they're not the last character, a Mii Costume is still better than nothing.
They probably also held them back because it keeps people speculating for longer, since all speculation is more attention on Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom