• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Weirdly enough, the eShop isn't updated yet even though the update is downloading, at least for me. (I was hoping to get the Dante and Shantae Mii costumes, though that can wait until tomorrow)

Last edited:

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
There's still two slots missing. Pretty weird.

2134 Software update available: Ver. 12.0.0
2135 Kazuya Challenger Pack now available for purchase!
2136 Dante Wig + Outfit now available for purchase!
2137 Shantae Wig + Outfit now available for purchase!
2138 Dragonborn Helm + Outfit now available for purchase!
2139 Lloyd Wig + Outfit now available for purchase!
2140 Fighters Pass Vol. 2 available for purchase! (Content update ⑤)
2141 Exclusive offer for Nintendo Switch Online members

One of those three is the Update Coming Soon message that pops up before an update is available, leaving two slots as a complete mystery for now. They might fill them up with something later.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So yeah, there's no promo spirits

They added the Arthur/Sophia spirit to the Spirit Board.

If you have the Arthur Mii costume, the Mii uses it.
They did? That's a surprise - I figured that they would have added Sophie to Joker's spirit board once she was brought into the regular rotation, but she's not there.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Enjoy Kazuya guys! Wish I didn’t have to wait so long. I must admit I am worried his Crouch Dash and lock in Crouch mechanic will be stiff and wonky. Still intend on learning him.

Very strange that the two slots weren’t filled. Perhaps the spirits were pushed back? I guess the team may have run into last minute licensing issues.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'll type out Buffs and Nerfs

Buffs:
  • Marth
  • Young Link
  • Olimar
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Mii Brawler
  • Mii Swordfighter
  • Ryu
  • Bayonetta
  • Banjo & Kazooie

Nerfs:
  • Min Min
  • Steve
  • Pyra AND Mythra

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
and THATS why Frisk is a frontrunner for CP11 imo

and I am looking forward to being wrong
Honestly? I'm looking forward to it too. I love Undertale, but I've yet to find a moveset I like for Frisk, so there's a 90% chance I'll just really dislike their kit if they're CP11.

As for Nahobino... the timing is really tight unless the reveal/release happens after October... which I also doubt.

Now, If you'll all excuse me, I'm off to play some good ass Tekken. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we're listing other characters Sakurai might've considered, there's still...more to doubt.
  • Blastoise: Was ultimately replaced by Squirtle, has competition with Gen 8 when it comes to Pokemon in general, and Meowth or Eevee if they revisit gen 1
  • Toon Zelda/Tetra: We haven't had toon LoZ games in a while, the duo would need to be a whole lot different than she would've been in Brawl, are they ever planning on re-rereleasing the HD releases the Wii U got?
  • Plusle & Minun: Ultimately depends on if pra_mai really was meant to be them, and if popularity is why a new Pokemon gets in over gen 8 shilling, they struggle on official polls in comparison to numerous other gen 3 mons and Pikaclones, and speaking of clones Sakurai would need to find a way to make them less like Pikachu if they were meant to be a last-minute clone.
...There is no Tetra. We only have a file name and it says quite clearly Toon Sheik. He wouldn't say an incorrect file name like that for the sake of it. The only thing of Tetra we have is she's on a poll of popular characters he has. There's zero evidence she was ever in the data. Considered? Maybe. However, keep in mind he has created Clone OC's before like Giga Bowser, so it's not like a Toon variation on Sheik is something he wouldn't do. Tetra requires an all new moveset, and only has the model. Toon Sheik has no model, but is very easy to make a moveset for. Don't get me wrong, I think he would've dropped the Toon Sheik concept for Tetra anyway, but as of now? We only know Toon Sheik was planned along with Toon Zelda.

As for the Pokemon, the specific reading of the Japanese letters for every other Pokemon is completely different from how Pra_Mai is, suggesting it's not a Pokemon. However, it's not some silly thing like "Random" either. We just simply don't know. It's a fair guess, but it doesn't match up right with the other ones. The only real notable thing is that the two at least have a Trophy, but unless that Trophy's data matches Pra_Mai, it's not a good point in its favor.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, so we ARE indeed missing 2 promo spirits.

In your inventory, spirits 1474 and 1475 are MIA.

Edit: Wait, these may just be Kazuya's fighter spirit(s), ignore this.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Paul and Law's spirit battle uses the Chicago theme.
The Chicago theme became Lee's theme in Tekken 2.
Lee started out as a clone of Law with extra Paul moves.

Coincidence? Most likely.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Okay, so we ARE indeed missing 2 promo spirits.

In your inventory, spirits 1474 and 1475 are MIA.

Edit: Wait, these may just be Kazuya's fighter spirit(s), ignore this.
They are Kazuya’s fighter spirits.
In addition, only his coat has Tekken art. His shirtless variant only has Smash artwork.

Finally both Shantae spirits are unchanged

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else a little concerned that if Waluigi actually does get in as the last characters its basically guaranteed that his highest profile supporters will be the victims of serious cyber attacks.

Unlike other "you didn't deserve this" characters, in Waluigi's case it would legitimately be the case that the people who vocally pushed them were directly the cause of them getting in over Crash or Master Chief or others.

If you're a Waluigi fan, take it from someone who had close friends cyber-stalked due to 'The Grinch Leak' (and who could themselves have been dragged into it for the same dumb reason) - get a VPN sorted out now.
It would be dumb to harass them, Waluigi is first party ergo he's braindead easy to get. Chief and Crash belong to other companies and it would be sorta expensive to get them.
But this is the Smash community we're talking about, so I have no say here.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Paul and Law's spirit battle uses the Chicago theme.
The Chicago theme became Lee's theme in Tekken 2.
Lee started out as a clone of Law with extra Paul moves.

Coincidence? Most likely.
and speaking of the Chicago theme
It had to have the voice samples removed for some reason.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can't get the Suit Spirit to pop up lol
From ssbwiki regarding the shop:
"The top-left three slots are able to be purchased multiple times and the other slots can only be purchased once, purchasing the latter will remove it from the shop and display "SOLD OUT". A random "SOLD OUT" slot will be refilled after a match or every 3 minutes if the player is in the shop menu; being in another menu or the Switch's home menu typically only updates the shop once. If there are no "SOLD OUT" slots then a random slot will be replaced, including the content of the top-left slots."

So to refresh the shop play a match or wait a few minutes after making a purchase from the shop.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Initial thoughts:
  • Wow. Having swordie frame data and crap range kinda sucks.
    • Who knew right? lol
    • EDIT EDIT: Actually the range is probably not that bad, there's just no frame data to back it up.
  • The 8-directional tilts are very difficult to use, and I'll often screw up the diagonals.
  • A lot of the moves are kind of fun though.
  • I hate that his jab is literally unuseable without labbing out the timing for the actually useful version though.
Overall I kind of like him, but he's definitely one of those characters that I'll come back to after a bit, suck with him because I forgot the mindset required, and think that he's a lot less fun than I remembered.

EDIT: I also dislike the lack of a victory fanfare. It makes the victory screen less impactful I feel. Maybe it would be better if the screen transition didn't have sound effects? Having the victory screen be on the actual stage might fix it as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom