• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Was a second Sonic character ever even considered previously? I can't seem to recall.
As in confirmed? No, there's no way to know, but it's hard to think they didn't at least glance at the idea given how many requests they have received over the years and with how recognizable the brand is. Not to mention this is the one game that opened the doors for second 3rd party reps from the same franchise, and Sonic in particular just happens to be the one with the most support in this regard.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that if these two "mystery spots" on the update menu are promotional spirits, they're going to be particularly rough ones if the Mii costumes are any indication. (though hopefully one of them is like the Ghosts 'n' Goblins spirit, where the game in question isn't full price)
Dante and Dragonborn spirits

So Sakurai can hurt us more :(

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dante and Dragonborn spirits

So Sakurai can hurt us more :(
I'd be fine with that, seeing as we already can assume that they won't be getting into the game. It's really unfortunate (Dante was one of my most-wanted), though hopefully they've got a good chance at making it in next time.

Sure, the next game won't be bringing back every veteran, in all likelihood, but as long as we still get Dante vs. Bayonetta, I'll live with it - I feel like the Sega, Namco, and Capcom characters are pretty much locked in for the foreseeable future, at least as long as Namco's working on the next game. (if they aren't, I don't know how likely it is that Kazuya and Pac-Man will return, though the two companies are pretty close so I could still see it happening)

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think they're gonna go out of their way and do spirit events until CP11 solely to disconfirm popular characters to let fans know.

They will probably stick to what they've done until now: spirit events if they feel like adding certain series or games to Smash to increase the "crossover" and/or take advantage of new game releases and do some easy cross-promotion.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
SMTV man seems like a very real, and very exciting possibility.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Since people were talking about DDLC, I just wanna say that it would be the funniest thing to me if it got any content in Smash.

Not simply because of the game, but also because not only would PM have died for this, but its "killer" would be getting actual recognition by Nintendo. :4pacman:
True
Like I said hours ago, Minus Cuphead (and excluding the Lotus spirit, especially Warframe as a whole didn't get a spirit event dedicated to itself) no western game series has ever gotten its own spirit event... : (

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
True
Like I said hours ago, Minus Cuphead (and excluding the Lotus spirit, especially Warframe as a whole didn't get a spirit event dedicated to itself) no western game series has ever gotten its own spirit event... : (
Yeah, pretty much just Cuphead. I'm particularly surprised at how there's no Undertale Spirits, especially because in theory it would be way easier to negotiate with one dude than a whole company.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm excited that people are finally taking SMT seriously as a contender for a DLC smash character and I'm not just shouting into the void.

Now all I have to do is be afraid of every other Tuesday potentially killing its chances with an SMT3 spirit event
:smileye:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
****ed up that neither Panda or Kuma will use Banjo for the Spirit battle, since we have yet to have DLC characters in spirit boards that aren't their own.
Looks like he found another bear....

Translation is:

Kazuya, #SmashBrosSP But confront the panda !? If you look closely, it was a strange bear.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Anyone else a little concerned that if Waluigi actually does get in as the last characters its basically guaranteed that his highest profile supporters will be the victims of serious cyber attacks.

Unlike other "you didn't deserve this" characters, in Waluigi's case it would legitimately be the case that the people who vocally pushed them were directly the cause of them getting in over Crash or Master Chief or others.

If you're a Waluigi fan, take it from someone who had close friends cyber-stalked due to 'The Grinch Leak' (and who could themselves have been dragged into it for the same dumb reason) - get a VPN sorted out now.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm excited that people are finally taking SMT seriously as a contender for a DLC smash character and I'm not just shouting into the void.

Now all I have to do is be afraid of every other Tuesday potentially killing its chances with an SMT3 spirit event
Couldn't help but notice that you've been a dedicated Ike main since Brawl
If we got the SMTV dude would you insta main? 0_0

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Mine has now started downloading as well! Here's a helpful tip; try rebooting your Switch if it still doesn't download for you!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Finally downloading Kazuya

Twilord

Smash Ace

At this point, with the odds of another Bandai Namco character in the dumps, I kinda hope you get it.

If we can't have a Digimon beat up Pokémon, at least we can have a Demon do it. :p

Technomage

Smash Champion
This is ironic: While I was getting impatient waiting for the time to download Kazuya beginning, I am feeling quite patient with waiting for the download to finish itself, now that it's already starting.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yay I got it to download!

Can't wait to finally play at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Brawlhalla!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom