• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe Sol? I haven't picked up Strive yet, but I've heard people saying that Ramlethal takes a more central role in the story? No idea if it's true, but otherwise I'd say he could qualify.
I think you got Xrd confused with Strive, Ram was the boss character and got a lot of character development which lead to her being a fan favourite. Give us like 15 GG characters all so we can add Hamborgor girl

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Give us like 15 GG characters all so we can add Hamborgor girl
nah just add May

Smash fans will be pissed about more command inputs (and this time it's a charge character), GG fans will be pissed that they'll have to deal with more dolphin spam AND it'll involve CHAAAAAARGE! instead of TOTSUGEKI! because you're not playing Smash with your language set to Japanese.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Just the thought of getting Tekken music into Smash really blows my mind.
I hope they will do something with this piece.

I recommend the whole track, but if you want the "in the feels" part 01:17

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think you got Xrd confused with Strive, Ram was the boss character and got a lot of character development which lead to her being a fan favourite. Give us like 15 GG characters all so we can add Hamborgor girl
I dunno about 15, but I'd be down with a good handful. There are some cool characters there.

nah just add May

Smash fans will be pissed about more command inputs (and this time it's a charge character), GG fans will be pissed that they'll have to deal with more dolphin spam AND it'll involve CHAAAAAARGE! instead of TOTSUGEKI! because you're not playing Smash with your language set to Japanese.
Honestly the only reason why I'd consider playing with the Jappanese audio in Strive is because Sol seems to have the double whammy of being miscast and having poor voice direction on a move he shouts constantly.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Just the thought of getting Tekken music into Smash really blows my mind.
I hope they will do something with this piece.

I recommend the whole track, but if you want the "in the feels" part 01:17

I will always remember the tragedy of Roger/Alex being defeated by Yoshimitsu in Rock Paper Scissors.
All the feels.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
nah just add May

Can't believe you have the audacity to pit two queens against each other like this, especially as Ram has giant ****ing swords that make her unga as ****
Honestly the only reason why I'd consider playing with the Jappanese audio in Strive is because Sol seems to have the double whammy of being miscast and having poor voice direction on a move he shouts constantly
I'd say that one character being enough to make you use a specific language is somewhat petty but then of course I realized it's Sol, a braindead character. I should know, I spam his 6S online and abuse his command grab super constantly

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
nah just add May

"A Guilty Gear rep was added to Smash. Twitter Smash fans are mad because of 'another' fighting game character. What they don't know yet is that GG fans are also mad, because it's May and she's balanced exactly as she was in Strive."

Jokes aside, I do think it's kinda funny how salty she's making people.

Oh, and since we're on the fighting game topic, I've been getting a lot of Tekken in my recommendations, and I think I know what King's Spirit fight will be like:

You wanted Incin back throw to be buffed? You'll get it.

Also, when can we expect the mod community to make an "Everyone is broken" mode? Sakurai won't do it, might as well. :4pacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'd say that one character being enough to make you use a specific language is somewhat petty but then of course I realized it's Sol, a braindead character. I should know, I spam his 6S online and abuse his command grab super constantly
Even then I probably wouldn't. It would just bug me. Now, I would probably heavily consider just making Sol Japanese if that was an option like it is in MvC3 (except for the Marvel side which doesn't have Japanese audio for whatever reason. lol). Honestly that should probably be a standard since not everyone's going to prefer every Japanese performance to the English one or vice versa.

Sol Badguy is not only another fighting game character with command inputs but he is also a sword user.
I mean...I guess? He doesn't really use it like a sword though. He mostly just punches you.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
except for the Marvel side which doesn't have Japanese audio for whatever reason
They just wanted to hire whoever was voicing them in various cartoons at the time. Not all of them had a Japanese dub.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
On one hand, there's enough MMX content not in the game for a challenger pack.

On the other, that could be because Smash's Mega Man is supposed to be pure fanservice for the classic series, and any subseries content is supposed to be a bonus, not deliberately lacking so DLC can expand it.
That's a fair point.

Mega Man content in the game is mostly about the classic series, that's true, and there's a lot to pull off from Mega Man X games if they added X or Zero.

Sol Badguy is not only another fighting game character with command inputs but he is also a sword user.
That's a complete win in my book.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He is more of a sword user than Kazuya is a shoto despite people (for some reason) calling him that despite not having any fire balls.
Yeah but lumping him into the same category as these guys: :ultbyleth::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ulthero::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultlink::ultswordfighter::ultpyra:/:ultmythra::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsephiroth::ultshulk:

Is about as silly as calling Kazuya a shoto (one could argue that not everyone there should be there as well but let's not for now). He does have a few attacks with...the weapon I'm not fully confident in even calling a sword, but a lot of his moves are just punches and kicks.

INB4 they add Ky to make everyone look super dumb.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly Guilty Gear Strive's whole cast would make for a fun time. Well...Potemkin might have some issues, but everyone else would probably work just fine.

I do wonder how they would implement I-No's movement gimmick though.

EDIT: You might be able to add Potemkin without getting rid of his movement gimmick if you did made Hammer Fall his dash.
-It would have more lag at the end
-Any form of dash dancing would be impossible (including the useless kind)

-The Dash Attack would be the actual attack part of Hammer Fall, which would make it the fastest Dash Attack.
-The dash itself would have some type of armour

Might still be a little too wonky though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ramlethal, do you mind telling me what you're doing with that down tilt?

Sir, going blankie mode.

Yeah but lumping him into the same category as these guys: :ultbyleth::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ulthero::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultlink::ultswordfighter::ultpyra:/:ultmythra::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsephiroth::ultshulk:

Is about as silly as calling Kazuya a shoto (one could argue that not everyone there should be there as well but let's not for now). He does have a few attacks with...the weapon I'm not fully confident in even calling a sword, but a lot of his moves are just punches and kicks.

INB4 they add Ky to make everyone look super dumb.
Junkyard Dog is half sword half... checks lore notes magic lightbulb with an hourglass inside it

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We should put Akira from Virtua Fighter in the game so we can have the shoto complaints again.

And also because Virtua Fighter music is rad.

I’m still baffled by the “another shoto” saga.

Edit: but yes, all my yes I would love Akira.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Tekken, as a franchise, has sold over 50M units.

Series that have accomplished a similar feat but have 0 content in Smash include but are not limited to:
( BTW I'll make a list based on ^ and based on what YOU personally don't think will happen (just for simplicity))

• The Far Cry series from Ubisoft
  • The Diablo series from Blizzard
  • The Mortal Kombat series from NetherRealm
  • The Battlefield Series from EA
  • The Elder Scrolls Series from Bethesda

So silly aside but did you know Game & Watch have sold over 43 million units? I'm not sure if that model of gaming just does ridiculous numbers or if its just because I only look into the top-three franchises of that type.)

(82 million Tamagotchi have been sold. Digimon is harder to track down specifics for but from what I've seen both the V-Pets and the Digivice RPGs have equally ludicrous numbers to the other two historically - from what I've read JUST the original V-Pet had 25 million sales by 2005, and if I'm right both the second V-Pet and I think the first Digivice, which the first anime existed to promote, outsold it?)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Definitely not Ragna, either. It's been years since I touched BB, but I distinctly remember other characters being a bit more popular than him.

Maybe Sol? I haven't picked up Strive yet, but I've heard people saying that Ramlethal takes a more central role in the story? No idea if it's true, but otherwise I'd say he could qualify.
Depends on your definition of "story." If by "story" we mean the meta, I hear she was pretty popular for being "haha big buttons go brrr." Then again, currently it seems like May and her t o t s u g e k i dolphins are the current champions at the moment.
1624754799802.png

Shroob

Sup?
Depends on your definition of "story." If by "story" we mean the meta, I hear she was pretty popular for being "haha big buttons go brrr." Then again, currently it seems like May and her t o t s u g e k i dolphins are the current champions at the moment.
View attachment 320730
To be fair

Getting a dolphin thrown at you is ****ING HORRIFYING

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Here is a little theory that doesn’t add too much but is interesting:

Each universe of FP2 fighters (Arms, Minecraft, Final Fantasy VII and Xenoblade) has 3 mii costumes.

• Arms has Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl (both base game) and Ninjara (as dlc)
  • Minecraft has creeper, pig and diamond armor (all dlc)
  • Final Fantasy got Barret, Tifa and Aerith in its own costume wave.
  • Xenoblade has Dunban, Nia (base game) and Rex (bonus FP1) so it didn’t need more miis in CP9 wave.

So, going by this logic, we will see 2 more Tekken mii costumes this next monday as there is already Heihachi. In addition, it can happen 2 things for CP11:

1) If its a completely new universe, it will get 3 mii costumes.
2) If its from an existing universe, it will get the necessary mii costume to have 3 (2 or 1). If it already has 3 or more, will not get more.

Example: Lets say CP11 is a Pokémon rep. Pokémon universe already has team rocket costume. So hypothetically, we should see 2 more Mii Costumes.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If Sakurai adds a character from the series and it's not Sol, he should put Zato so we would have a puppet character
Rosalina & Luma: Am I a joke to you?

He would also he the first spanish character in Smash lol
It took me too long to remember that Spanish people come from Spain and not Latin America...

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Speaking of Green Hill Zone, how would everyone feel if it was replaced with an Emerald Hill Zone stage?

EDIT: I should probably state that said Emerald Hill Zone stage would be a different stage, not just "we called it Emerald Hill Zone because reasons".
Oh, I already know what level I would love to see if Sonic were to get a new stage.

Studiopolis.jpg

Add in a ton of other SEGA references, much like the Studiopolis Zone? Man, I would love that so much. Just a ton of SEGA content around.

Ivander

Smash Legend
To be fair

Getting a dolphin thrown at you is ****ING HORRIFYING

Would rather take the dolphin getting thrown at me.
Compared to...

Getting Gyo'd and coming out after me.

Never trust pink dolphins...

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I told you, he ruined FF. Which, back in the SNES era, was my absolute favorite video game series, but nowadays mostly sucks and aren't even JRPGs anymore.

FF7R would have been a nearly perfect game...if not for the timeghost bull**** he added that undermines the entire game and makes it so it's not even really a remake.
When it comes to them not being JRPG's, you can't really blame that on Nomura. I know Advent Children was very inspiring to Square Enix to use as a template for how they want their games to look, but Nomura wasn't a director for any of the games up until Versus XIII which turned into XV and even then Nomura was no longer involved when it turned to XV which is an action RPG (and a very underrated one in my opinion, I love that game's music and characters with in my opinion the series' best villain). Square Enix was the one who decided to take it into the Action RPG direction, not Nomura directly even if he did do Kingdom Hearts which is an FF spin off.

As for Remake, that was kind of the point. The continuity of Final Fantasy VII was absolute wack when they turned it into a compilation. Even Crisis Core, by far and away the best thing in the compilation, created plot holes. Remake was basically Square Enix going "this is a mess, we need to fit all these things into the story and in a way where it all fits and there's continuity." That and the game is also a meta commentary on what to expect out of remake's where here it's taking the Remake thing literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom