• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
If it were up to me, personally, I'd have the 2nd Pass end with either Dante or Demifiend, if only because they'd be symbolically fitting.

Dante, because Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta, and for all intents and purposes, Capcom is 100% back in the running after the Pythra patch.

Demifiend, because the Fighter's Pass started with Joker, and ending it with mainline SMT would be neat. That, and we've got a fallen angel and a dude who can turn into a demon, why not a full-on demon?

But those are just for aesthetic reasons, nothing based on hard evidence.
umm ackshally kazuya is only half demon on his mom's side

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It would be nice, but I'm treating FP11 as the last fighter until proven wrong
This is not what I asked.

I asked for you to think outside of this box of 'CP11 is the end' and act as if we already got more content confirmed but not revealed in terms of how it's packaged or what we are getting.

You just actively went against the entire thing and made a post killing discussion, almost as if you didn't even read the post. Or are you THAT unable to imagine a scenario in which we get more content and tell us how you think it would go?

I luv ya bud, but crimey sake.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
I hope the MK ninjas are brought in as Mii costumes in Kazuya's presentation.

Ever since the Bomberman costume came with several palettes, I got hopeful for another costume in the same vein as that. Besides, we're not getting any Mortal Kombat character anytime soon, so I'll take what I can get.

Because the newer games are fans of the older games.
Add Tremor and Chameleon (using his color scheme from Armaggedon) to that list and would be perfect

Technomage

Smash Champion

I asked for you to think outside of this box of 'CP11 is the end' and act as if we already got more content confirmed but not revealed in terms of how it's packaged or what we are getting.

You just actively went against the entire thing and made a post killing discussion, almost as if you didn't even read the post. Or are you THAT unable to imagine a scenario in which we get more content and tell us how you think it would go?

If we are to get more characters after FP2, then I'd expect up to 4 more characters, due to the limit on the Character Select Screen. And since we only have room for three more stages on the Stage Select Screen, then I doubt that all of them would come with a stage.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Kazuya to my knowledge was not leaked at all, and if that's the case, FP11 most likely will be a complete mystery until the reveal, which at the latest will be in the September Nintendo Direct.
Ya know, unless of course everyone and their mother screaming Chief all at the same time totally means nothing at all, as if they expected him to either be CP10/a double reveal, in a speculation cycle where dates of release have been consistently been off the mark but the content has been fairly accurate.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Oh, I misread the post. My mistake. As far as additional content is concerned, I'd guess bonus fighters akin to Piranha Plant and not a 3rd full pass. That's how I'd imagine it'd be handled.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If we are to get more characters after FP2, then I'd expect up to 4 more characters, due to the limit on the Character Select Screen. And since we only have room for three more stages on the Stage Select Screen, then I doubt that all of them would come with a stage.
Maybe either a 4 character FP3, a mix between a tiny Fp3 and echoes, or 4 DLC echo fighters
Just some ideas on this "situation".

Technomage

Smash Champion
Maybe either a 4 character FP3, a mix between a tiny Fp3 and echoes, or 4 DLC echo fighters
Just some ideas on this "situation".
Interesting scenarios, though I doubt it'd be 4 full characters, since at least one of them would come without a stage. I'd expect the 4th fighter to be akin to PP.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Now comes the important question; there's a list on 4Chan that says the names of several characters Sakurai was given the chance to add, and everyone up to Pyra/Mythra was on that very list. Can anyone here confirm that Kazuya was also on that same list?
Heihachi is on the list.
Kazuya is NOT.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Now comes the important question; there's a list on 4Chan that says the names of several characters Sakurai was given the chance to add, and everyone up to Pyra/Mythra was on that very list. Can anyone here confirm that Kazuya was also on that same list?
I just checked it, and it has Heihachi on the list, which I find extremely interesting. Why?

Well, it had Rex/Pyra, but we got Pyra/Mythra.

It said Heihachi, but with complications from Smash 4 and the passing away of the original VA could explain them moving more towads Kazuya instead.

The only thing blatantly not on the list is anything from ARMS.

EDIT: Semi-Sniped by GilTheGreat19 GilTheGreat19

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Earlier in this discussion, I mentioned the theory about a limitation on the Character and Stage select screens:

Now's the time for you to tell me whether or not you think the theory is valid.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Are we talking about that 40 character list that didn't have Min Min on it?

because that list...well...didn't have Min Min on it.

And it's not that hard or outlandish to get some character guesses right when you guess 40 of them.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Get rolled
Jk, love you dude lol

Also Technomage Technomage if we "get" at least 4 more characters, odds are we COULD still get them in a pass, with all 4 characters coming with a stage and music tracks.
Maybe, though it could also be that two of the fighters come in one pack (like an Echo), thereby both of those characters technically would come with a stage and music track.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Are we talking about that 40 character list that didn't have Min Min on it?

because that list...well...didn't have Min Min on it.

And it's not that hard or outlandish to get some character guesses right when you guess 40 of them.
Fair enough, but since we are talking about it AND we've had this sudden Master Chief explosion, let us state the fact that Master Chief isn't on this list, but the other FPS titan Doom Guy IS on this list, and Microsoft owns both now.

ARMS not being on there at all is worth pointing out, but it's also worth pointing out that this list dropped in May of 2019 and work on more DLC was announced in September of 2019, so it's possible that this list pre-dates changes in negotiation and finalization of FP2.

EDIT: TL;DR This list could just flat out be a guess and be wrong on some things, or it could be an actual list that pre-dates final talks and decision before cementing what FP2 would contain.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
If we did get significant content after FP2, I’d guess it’d be a bonus fighter. Probably a more lowkey first party due to budget and all that. I think that would be the ideal situation. As a third pass would really burn out speculation. Though it would be cool to have even more characters to play around with.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As far as speculating FP11 is concerned, the biggest clue we have right now is the music test menu as that has a single empty spot left after Kazuya and the Tekken music is added. The implication from this either means a franchise already in Ultimate that never had a playable character before or a completely new IP never in Smash before period.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
If we did get significant content after FP2, I’d guess it’d be a bonus fighter. Probably a more lowkey first party due to budget and all that. I think that would be the ideal situation. As a third pass would really burn out speculation. Though it would be cool to have even more characters to play around with.
Or maybe it could consist of new spirits, songs, Mii costumes, stages, and even new modes, while still qualifying as not having anymore fighters (like Sakurai keeps saying).

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Speculation burning out really wouldn't be that big of a deal, considering how toxic it's become.

However, if the reveal of more DLC happens roughly six months or so after we get CP11, I can bet that speculation would be on fire and fully refreshed from the wait.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Microsoft wouldn't matter in that case. They didn't own Doom at the time he would've been negotiated for anyway. Them not having Master Chief on the list would mean, if it ever could've been true, there wasn't another Microsoft character on the list unless it had something like Steve and Banjo & Kaooie, or others like Fulgore, Battletoads, Conker, etc.

Shroob

Sup?
Or maybe it could consist of new spirits, songs, Mii costumes, stages, and even new modes, while still qualifying as not having anymore fighters (like Sakurai keeps saying).
To be fair, he's already said that he's done making new modes.

Outside of say, a deluxe version of the game, I don't see us getting anything like target blast or a better All-Star mode.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I have a gut feeling that some reasons the list got attention are because:
1) It called Terry about 4 months ahead of his official reveal.
2) It contained essentially everyone in Pass 1 and most of Pass 2.
3) It called Sephiroth a year and half early, and Sephiroth is considered to be widely unexpected, in initial reaction, by the Smash community.
4) It contained characters that eventually showed up to SOME extent, such as Arthur (spirit), Leon (spirit), and Lora (spirit).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As far as speculating FP11 is concerned, the biggest clue we have right now is the music test menu as that has a single empty spot left after Kazuya and the Tekken music is added. The implication from this either means a franchise already in Ultimate that never had a playable character before or a completely new IP never in Smash before period.
It's not a clue. There is no pressure for them to make the music menu into a perfect rectangle.

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I finally had one of those dreams people have that have the next smash character in them.

I genuinely wouldn't have minded if it happened, because the dream had pack 11 as Kei Nanjo and Masao "Mark" Inaba from Persona. As a combo character or something. P1 had a new butterfly-like logo, that was pretty cool. Now I'm sad there's no proper P1 or 2 content in smash.

I'm guessing the final character won't be someone most people are expecting looking at the pass as a whole (even though I want him I doubt Demi-Fiend will be chosen), and I've had an idea.

The X-Parasite. There's a new game, and they might be in it. Instead of attacking in their blob-state, they could change into different metroid enemies for attacks, like a skree for their recovery, or Kraid for their f-smash. It would be pretty cool in my opinion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, he's already said that he's done making new modes.

Outside of say, a deluxe version of the game, I don't see us getting anything like target blast or a better All-Star mode.
Updating a mode is at most possible this game. He did update Spirit options too.

I don't expect any major ones. Something like a Target option in Stage Creator is actually... pretty big. Since it adds more than just a piece. But seriously, give more pieces for it, Targets or no.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I have a gut feeling that some reasons the list got attention are because:
1) It called Terry about 4 months ahead of his official reveal.
2) It contained essentially everyone in Pass 1 and most of Pass 2.
3) It called Sephiroth a year and half early, and Sephiroth is considered to be widely unexpected, in initial reaction, by the Smash community.
4) It contained characters that eventually showed up to SOME extent, such as Arthur (spirit), Leon (spirit), and Lora (spirit).
Don't forget, it had both Banjo & Steve in a time where most people still thought there was only one pass.

Shroob

Sup?
Updating a mode is at most possible this game. He did update Spirit options too.

I don't expect any major ones. Something like a Target option in Stage Creator is actually... pretty big. Since it adds more than just a piece. But seriously, give more pieces for it, Targets or no.
I just want them to completely re-do All-Star mode lol.

I get that 80~fighters is a lot but... yeah, what we got was not it, chief.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I just want them to completely re-do All-Star mode lol.

I get that 80~fighters is a lot but... yeah, what we got was not it, chief.
Maybe they could add a function to save your progress in the middle of the session (as well as maybe a couple more Heart Containers)?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Speculation burning out really wouldn't be that big of a deal, considering how toxic it's become.

However, if the reveal of more DLC happens roughly six months or so after we get CP11, I can bet that speculation would be on fire and fully refreshed from the wait.
Honestly, I don’t feel much toxicity in speculating currently.
For me its just been a nice time to relax and give a disposable opinion on whatever the hot topic is.

Now, if I participated in more serious speculation, that I could see being toxic.

Technomage

Smash Champion
After the end of FP2, what are the chances of Sakurai stepping down as Ultimate's producer and putting someone else in charge of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom