• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know, there are currently two empty spots in the music test menu, and Tekken is taking one of those two spots. It potentially implies our last fighter is from a new IP never represented with a fighter before

Shroob

Sup?
You know, there are currently two empty spots in the music test menu, and Tekken is taking one of those two spots. It potentially implies our last fighter is from a new IP never represented with a fighter before
I don't think the menus mean anything. If the music means anything, then that'd mean the voice menu would imply the last fighter is mute.

The menus fluctuate and adapt to new stuff being added, they're not planning the menus to be perfectly filled in, looking at you Stage Select Screen.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's a new IP too. I also think we're only going to get a new fighter for a currently represented IP if we get a bonus fighter pack.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think the menus mean anything. If the music means anything, then that'd mean the voice menu would imply the last fighter is mute.

The menus fluctuate and adapt to new stuff being added, they're not planning the menus to be perfectly filled in, looking at you Stage Select Screen.
I never said they would all be filled in, it's just the music menu is pretty well organized and the last empty spot implies one more IP.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd like to see a character who wields a gun/blaster/whatever but has at least one move in which they physically smack opponents with the shaft or butt of the gun.

...is that already a thing?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Still, if a new IP happens, this is how Crash can still win.

I know this subject is broad as hell shut up

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Disappointment with a sword, huh? I'm gonna place my bets on Beck from Mighty Number 9, since he does use a sword after defeating one of the robot masters Mighty Numbers:

Imagine waiting 3 years to finally get some acknowledgement and this is the first and only Level-5 owned rep we get.

Talk about a monkey paw wish... :mad088:

Shroob

Sup?
You know, i do think that an Among Us crewmate could definitely get a mii costume. No joke im actually serious this could actually happen.
Depends on how last minute it would take for Sakurai to squeeze it in I'd imagine.

The stuff you'd need is there, the multiple colors, floating limbs, etc.

But Amogus only got popular last year, so it'd be a veeeeeeery late addition I'd imagine.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
lol Kazuya's icon looks like a turnip. Or like, one of those Troll dolls.

Level-5 owns Mighty No. 9? Huh.
Wait, that game is owned by Level-5? Where'd you learn that?
Yeah Level-5 bought Comcept, the guy's behind Mighty Number 9 a few years ago (for whatever reason) and became Level-5 Comcept. So they own the Mighty Number 9 IP if I'm not mistaken..

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I think they recently bought the company that owned Mighty No. 9 or something.
Yeah Level-5 bought Comcept, the guy's behind Mighty Number 9 a few years ago for whatever reason and became Level-5 Comcept. So they own the Mighty Number 9 IP if I'm not mistaken..
...Yeah, that truly would be a monkey's paw.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Depends on how last minute it would take for Sakurai to squeeze it in I'd imagine.

The stuff you'd need is there, the multiple colors, floating limbs, etc.

But Amogus only got popular last year, so it'd be a veeeeeeery late addition I'd imagine.
Didnt Sakurai say Mii costumes are usually very last minute ideas? It definitely can happen.

If you can beat him smash first that is

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I could see the last fighter being a First Party from Nintendo to equal both sides in Fighterpass 2. Three Third Partie Characters and Two First Party's get where I'm going with this theory.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
You know, i do think that an Among Us crewmate could definitely get a mii costume. No joke im actually serious this could actually happen.
The year is 2026.
Super Smash Brothers Extraordinary is the latest game in this successful video game series, with many fan favorites confirmed.
Legendary leaker SpillsaldetalsVonLeakson, who has gotten every base game fighter correct, claims that Among Us content is coming to Smash Bros. Smash fans are assuming that he is talking about a Mii costume.
The Mii costume has yet to come. It is ten minutes before the fighter presentation for the 8th DLC fighter. SpillsaldetalsVonLeakson posts a random comment on Reddit that is simply "direct sus".
Smash fans are starting to realize that the Among Us content isn't about a Mii costume.
Smash fans are experiencing the feeling of true fear and horror.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So they added Kazuya's emote.

....where' Mythra? It's been 3 months now.
Update, according to the Min Min icon thread in Support I think it’s finally in

and yes, HOPEFULLY a Shirtless Sephiroth, School Joker, and CEO Kazuya Premium BGs too. Someone pls confirm this

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Electric Wind God Fist is gonna blow some minds
Wait until Sakurai presents the Perfect Electric Wind God Fist combo complete with the frame perfect timing needed and the d/f+2, PEWGF (f,N,d~d/f+2) = d/f+2, f,N * :4pacman:

Also, I really want to see a vid collecting Korean / Pakistani reactions to :ultkazuya:. Even if there haven't been a whole lot of Switches sold in the latter country (not only is it not officially released there IIRC - and I'm pretty sure that's the case - but importing into Pakistan / India is fraught with sudden price spikes from what I've seen while reading articles on the subject).

*(The d/f+2 is the counter-hit, and the frame perfect timing comes from the fact that PEWGF shaves off 1 frame from the ordinary EWGF - just enough time for the combo to be true.)

Personally, I'd like to see a character who wields a gun/blaster/whatever but has at least one move in which they physically smack opponents with the shaft or butt of the gun.

...is that already a thing?
Several FPSes do that with their guns' melee attacks (such as using the weapon in question as a bludgeon). IIRC Halo is one such case with several of its weapons' melee moves, and I think TimeSplitters and other FPSes do too.

I just realized that I don't want another ballot because it'd be filled with AMOGUS votes.
Wait until several votes realize that a certain character made his "official" debut in a video game and start voting for him:

:roll:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Update, according to the Min Min icon thread in Support I think it’s finally in

and yes, HOPEFULLY a Shirtless Sephiroth and CEO Kazuya Premium BGs too. Someone pls confirm this
Yup. Mythra, Steve, Alex, Zombie, and Enderman have been added.

At what cost?

Pyra is no longer in alphabetical order.

EDIT: Also casual Joker.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As is Joker's school uniform.
But is WHAT IVE BEEN ASKING FOR ADDED TOO?

…and also CEO Kazuya?

…no CEO Kazuya yet, rip. Idk about AC Cloud (Ultimate) either

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hello Kazuya!

:ultkazuya:: Hello Evil Trapezium! I'm gonna throw you off the edge now!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

View attachment 319622
Someone mentioned Timesplitters:

Several FPSes do that with their guns' melee attacks (such as using the weapon in question as a bludgeon). IIRC Halo is one such case with several of its weapons' melee moves, and I think TimeSplitters and other FPSes do too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
POGGERS

We do have Sephiroth (Alt)

…just lemme wear Joker (Alt) first for a bit it’s been two long years he deserves this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom