• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know, I just realized two things.

First, looking at the stage, I hope there's other cameos besides Heihachi. I know the Mishimas seem more associated with that level, but more fanservice for Tekken fans would be great.

Secondly, I think Kazuya's devil form might be related to his specials primarily. Which means... Kirby is about to get the Devil Gene.

God help us all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

First, looking at the stage, I hope there's other cameos besides Heihachi. I know the Mishimas seem more associated with that level, but more fanservice for Tekken fans would be great.

Secondly, I think Kazuya's devil form might be related to his specials primarily. Which means... Kirby is about to get the Devil Gene.

God help us all.
And yet you weren’t worried when Kirby gets the Jenova cells when he copies Sephiroth? :4pacman:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
So is anyone else interested in how Nintendo of America said “there will be no reveal for Challenger Pack 11” as opposed to “no further new fighter announcement” like in previous presentation’s announcements? I believe this could be 1 of 3 cases.
  • 1 (most likely): Nintendo are reiterating that this is indeed the final character.
  • 2: Kazuya gets Jin as an echo fighter, we only saw Heihachi as a cameo & Jin also has a demon form I believe. & this can count as the “bonus fighter”.
  • 3 (very unlikely): They announce more DLC fighters. I find this one hard to believe because what would be the point in announcing this in the presentation instead of the E3 direct?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
And yet you weren’t worried when Kirby gets the Jenova cells when he copies Sephiroth? :4pacman:
Thank the heavens that Kirby can only assimilate a single being at a time.

Otherwise, for every universe that joined Smash, Kirby would canonically become the most powerful entity in that universe until the point where he becomes a destroyer of the multiverse. :roll:

...Actually, isn't that kind of what Void Termina is in Star Allies? 🤔

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So is anyone else interested in how Nintendo of America said “there will be no reveal for Challenger Pack 11” as opposed to “no further new fighter announcement” like in previous presentation’s announcements? I believe this could be 1 of 3 cases.
  • 1 (most likely): Nintendo are reiterating that this is indeed the final character.
  • 2: Kazuya gets Jin as an echo fighter, we only saw Heihachi as a cameo & Jin also has a demon form I believe. & this can count as the “bonus fighter”.
  • 3 (very unlikely): They announce more DLC fighters. I find this one hard to believe because what would be the point in announcing this in the presentation instead of the E3 direct?
Or:

4. They keep the existence of the bonus (just one) a secret, announce the Final Video Presentation for Ultimate, and in said final presentation, reveal both CP11 and the bonus. Said bonus is not connected to CP10 or 11.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jin also has a demon form I believe
Yes, he does. Devil Jin's moveset is even T3 Jin (who's mostly Kazuya)+Tag Tournament Devil Kazuya combined into one, so it'd fit.

Shroob

Sup?
I think 3 can be written off entirely.

If we're getting a 3rd pass at all, they'd announce it in a Direct where they have everyone's attention, not a Sakurai Presents that only Smash fans will tune into.

Technomage

Smash Champion
There's something I'm confused about: When you said "Nintendo are reiterating that this is indeed the final character.", are you implying there'd be no CP11?

7NATOR

Smash Master
If Jin was in as a Bonus Echo, he probably would have been shown off in the Trailer, So I doubt he be in

Plus I don't think they would go with Jin/Devil Jin anyway. They are currently 2 different movesets. They could go with Tekken 3 Jin, but I think from a Canon standpoint, it would go against Jin's character For now anyway, which would be kind of a no no

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

God help us all.
Actually there are a few animations he does in both forms (like that uppercut that looks like an Up Smash), so it is a definite state.

EDIT: He might get a different special set with the state activated though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not that I think an Echo has a chance, but it wouldn't be CP11 if it was suddenly revealed in the Presentation. It'd basically be a full part of CP10, just like Pyra/Mythra is.

Again, I don't think it's happening. I would think they'd have announced the character right away in the trailer. Sure, they didn't say Echoes are barred from Pass 2(they specified only during Pass 1), but it's pretty obvious that's what they meant. Sakurai's "no more are coming" message is pretty clear too. Transformation characters are a very different situation from Echoes(who actually are only just sharing a near identical moveset and bodyshape... and probably for all time, franchise).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's funny because the point of the clarification was to mitigate people theorizing we'd get additional stuff.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just realized that I don't want another ballot because it'd be filled with AMOGUS votes.
Considering Nintendo has already dealt with Goku, Spongebob and Shrek votes, Among Us is small fry.

The Ballot is going to obviously bring some new stuff alongside some diversely popular stuff, like Among Us and Fortnite. But at the same time, with some of the big ballot entries out of the way, like Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Dark Samus and Castlevania, the people who voted for those characters will either:
  • Vote on some other fan favourites that haven't gotten in, like Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, Sans, etc, or characters who've gotten a big jump in popularity, interest and chance like Dante, Master Chief, Monster Hunter, etc.
  • Focus on some of the popular newcomers or new series that have popped up recently, like Astral Chain, 2B from Nier Automata, Hades, etc.
  • Focus on characters from series that were recently brought back that they are now interested in or like, like Trials of Mana, Advance Wars, Crash Bandicoot, Doom, etc.
A new Ballot wouldn't entirely be a bad thing cause it would be an entirely different beast from the last one, since there were lots of different popular character choices and games 5-6 years ago. Not to mention it's probably some characters' best bet before they possibly fade into obscurity.
Will there be alot of meme votes for new stuff and whatnot? Possibly. But considering how many popular picks that we actually got from the Ballot, like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Dark Samus, Chrom, etc, some of those meme voters may either focus on a serious pick or keep their meme vote. Like anybody who did a meme vote because they felt, "Well, I don't see Master Chief happening and he's the only one I really want, so might as well meme." may now be thinking, "Master Chief actually has a chance now. Let's do this!"

Like yes, there are still going to be meme voters, but I do think that so much more people will take the next Ballot very seriously since it actually gave us characters we wanted. And if the Ballot were to happen after Ultimate's DLC, there will also be alot less "Voting for this character to appear in this game" and more "Voting for this character to appear in the next game."

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
…Waluigi time…
If Waluigi wasn't already an AT, I'd be more willing to entertain that idea. That, and the empty spot left in the music test menu after Tekken takes one of the remaining 2 spots implies a new IP that hasn't had a playable character repping it yet. I'm trying to think of characters that could fit the description and Shantae's the first one that comes to my mind.

Shroob

Sup?
If Waluigi wasn't already an AT, I'd be more willing to entertain that idea. That, and the empty spot left in the music test menu after Tekken takes one of the remaining 2 spots implies a new IP that hasn't had a playable character repping it yet. I'm trying to think of characters that could fit the description and Shantae's the first one that comes to my mind.
Toxtricity.

ME. :nifty:

Laniv

Smash Champion
When looking at the first fighter pass and the second one, the colors for the characters backgrounds match up fairly closely. It makes you wonder if the last fighter will also have a purple background or something akin to it. View attachment 319635
Would Rayman count as purple? Or perhaps King Boo?

...Spyro the Dragon?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Lets review again the 20 best selling japanese IPs, excluding the one that were not originated in videogames (like Dragon Ball):

1) Final Fantasy
2) Sonic the Hedgehog
3) Resident Evil*
4) Dragon Quest
5) Monster Hunter*
6) Metal Gear
7) Tekken
8) Street Fighter
9) Pac-Man
10) Mega Man

11) Kingdom Hearts
12) Souls
13) Power Pros
14) Devil May Cry
15) Castlevania
16) Frogger
17) Simple
18) Tales
19) Megami Tensei (includes Persona)
20) Professor Layton

In bold are the IPs with representation in smash, and with * there are those who don’t have a playable character. As you can see, Tekken is the best selling (japanese) fighting IP worldwide. So I think it makes somewhat sense to include it in smash.

When looking at the first fighter pass and the second one, the colors for the characters backgrounds match up fairly closely. It makes you wonder if the last fighter will also have a purple background or something akin to it. View attachment 319635
Spyro
Rayman
Shantae
Nights
Ayane
Morrigan

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Considering Nintendo has already dealt with Goku, Spongebob and Shrek votes, Among Us is small fry.

The Ballot is going to obviously bring some new stuff alongside some diversely popular stuff, like Among Us and Fortnite. But at the same time, with some of the big ballot entries out of the way, like Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Dark Samus and Castlevania, the people who voted for those characters will either:
  • Vote on some other fan favourites that haven't gotten in, like Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, Sans, etc, or characters who've gotten a big jump in popularity, interest and chance like Dante, Master Chief, Monster Hunter, etc.
  • Focus on some of the popular newcomers or new series that have popped up recently, like Astral Chain, 2B from Nier Automata, Hades, etc.
  • Focus on characters from series that were recently brought back that they are now interested in or like, like Trials of Mana, Advance Wars, Crash Bandicoot, Doom, etc.
A new Ballot wouldn't entirely be a bad thing cause since it would be an entirely different beast from the last one, since there were lots of different popular character choices and games 5-6 years ago. Not to mention it's probably some characters' best bet before they possibly fade into obscurity.
Will there be alot of meme votes for new stuff and whatnot? Possibly. But considering how many popular picks that we actually got from the Ballot, like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Dark Samus, Chrom, etc, some of those meme voters may either focus on a serious pick or keep their meme vote. Like anybody who did a meme vote because they felt, "Well, I don't see Master Chief happening and he's the only one I really want, so might as well meme." may now be thinking, "Master Chief actually has a chance now. Let's do this!"

Like yes, there are still going to be meme voters, but I do think that so much more people will take the next Ballot very seriously since it actually gave us characters we wanted. And if the Ballot were to happen after Ultimate's DLC, there will also be alot less "Voting for this character to appear in this game" and more "Voting for this character to appear in the next game."
^ this

and votes don't always mean playable content, just that they'll in most cases be represented in general. Like I think Isaac returning as an AT was due to the ballot, I'm VERY convinced Fiora being added to Shulk's FS was cuz of that too, maybe Lip getting a Mii as well. maybe some miis and spirits are cause of that too. imagine if all the Goku votes lead to the Yuyuki Goku spirit.

so yeah we could at least get an Amogus mii or spirits or somethin
Octoling, Off the Hook, Neku AND Ahri can fit against a purple background

POG

I win either way

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
^ this

and votes don't always mean playable content, just that they'll in most cases be represented in general. Like I think Isaac returning as an AT was due to the ballot, I'm VERY convinced Fiora being added to Shulk's FS was cuz of that too, maybe Lip getting a Mii as well. maybe some miis and spirits are cause of that too. imagine if all the Goku votes lead to the Yuyuki Goku spirit.

Octoling, Off the Hook, Neku AND Ahri can fit against a purple background

POG

I win either way
Ahri?

Ahri's main colors are pink, blue, red and white, not Purple. She only has purple associated with her in skins.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I still think an Astral Chain rep has a really good chance (I need to play this game too, I heard it was great).

I know we already got a spirit event, but that was likely before Nintendo fully acquired the rights to the series which we didn't find out about until earlier this year.

I think they could have a really interesting moveset. The kind of moveset that Sakurai loves to get creative with.

Twilord

Smash Ace
After we get the last character, Sakurai announces:

"It should be obvious by the clues I've sowed who the three potential bonus characters are; so we're opening a ballot-poll of who you all think are most likely. We will be looking at the top five characters you predict the most, if any of them are predicted within those five you'll get them. IF however you as a community fail, Smash Bros will end on a whimper of your own doing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom