• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For the longest time I'd look at footage of Strider for the Genesis and found myself swearing that I played it, but not understanding why it seemed so different from what I recalled.

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize I was actually remembering Run Saber for the SNES (which in my defense was fairly similar):

Think we just found the next game to appear on Switch SNES Online...

That said, this does look like a cool game and I would give it a play if it were to appear on the SNES Online.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
the more i think about medusa getting in as one of the last two the more sense it makes honestly

absolutely would be cool with it and it could be really hype if they do her right

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Oddly enough if the aforementioned Guilty Gear character was the only DLC fighter revealed at an otherwise strong Nintendo E3, to some of the irrational members of the Smash fandom obsessed with hype he would in fact be the... sole bad guy.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To a degree but not like the old Dooms. They also don't put the enemies throughout the level like the old Dooms. Granted even the old Dooms had linear levels but then they through in crazy levels as well. Play Level 13 Downtown or Level 15 The Industrial Zone on Doom 2. They are like open world urban areas and you can easily get lost in them.
The enemies are likely for gameplay reasons as modern Doom changed up the gameplay in ways that would make classic Doom need to be redesigned like the Glory Kill system making enemies dies earlier and healing you, as classic Doom has the issue of inexperienced players potentially getting stuck if they don't have any health and armour pickups left to carry, something the genre changed since Halo 1. Especially as you called modern Doom linear. Like, you have an option to remove your waypoint, meaning the game being linear would only be because you followed it all the time and didn't want to turn it off, it's like saying Celeste is too easy because turning on Assist Mode and boosting the settings to the max makes the game a cakewalk

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this will be the first time that I am not going to let myself see any kind of spoiler before the whole direct soo, I wish you guys luck and my prediction is that the last two are going to be revealed tuesday, and they are both third party characters.

anyways see you guys after the direct.

kylexv

Smash Master
We're less than 48 hours before the direct. I'd rather stuff not leak so I don't need to avoid social media for too long.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
the more i think about medusa getting in as one of the last two the more sense it makes honestly

absolutely would be cool with it and it could be really hype if they do her right
I don't know why people even consider Earthbound and Kid Icarus characters as likely candidates for DLC. They just aren't that marketable.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This might be a bit of conflict of interest for me, since Pyramid Head is my current most wanted. But how about Bill Rizer?

Contra is a pretty solid series that Konami has still been using as of late (though I’d like to forget that game)

Could have some neat shooter mechanics too.
I have no familiarity with the series beyond the infamy of it all but a glass cannon zoner is a fun idea, the dynamic of having to work around powerful projectiles and get rewarded for it by annihilating Bill sounds rewarding, with Bill being rewarding if you keep them the **** out

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
The issue with Medusa is basically the same issue with Porky.

Why would Nintendo select a new Kid Icarus character in the year 2019?
Because someone at Sora Ltd is salty about Simon and Ricther in online and decided to only way to deal with them is by adding one of their worst enemies, Medusa.

Cue the Medusa Head PTSD-

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If Sol Badguy gets into Smash, I still hope we get some Strive tracks into the game. A bit unlikely since its so recent but...

A lot of the tracks in Strive quickly ended up becoming my favorite throughout the entire franchise so it would be a shame if Strive songs got excluded simply because it's such a new game. It'd be hype to listen to them on Sols stage.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
The issue with Medusa is basically the same issue with Porky.

Why would Nintendo select a new Kid Icarus character in the year 2019?
same question why theyd add minmin or pyra/mythra in pass 2 tbh
you could also argue the same about banjo who hasnt appeared in anything for over a decade

i feel like the argument "why would they choose this older char" is sorta silly considering the past additions

Shroob

Sup?
you could also argue the same about banjo who hasnt appeared in anything for over a decade

i feel like the argument "why would they choose this older char" is sorta silly considering the past additions
I mean, so far, every 1st party character that we've gotten has been from a title on the Switch, which is both a relevancy and marketing push. Hell, ARMs went up like, iirc, 300k sales or something after Min Min was revealed.

Characters like Medusa or Porky haven't shown up for a long-ass time, and a Kid Icarus game is a pipe dream at this point.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Just posting my ****post predictions for the final two before anything potentially leaks, even if I only expect 1 reveal at E3.

Reimu and Ayumi.

If for no other reason then I like these choices and because I feel there'd be decent enough rage/salt to both of their inclusions.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This might be a bit of conflict of interest for me, since Pyramid Head is my current most wanted. But how about Bill Rizer?

Contra is a pretty solid series that Konami has still been using as of late (though I’d like to forget that game)

Could have some neat shooter mechanics too.
My man!

While I don't think there is too much pointing towards Contra I still think it had a decent shot and it has the advantage of fitting the "criteria" of an E3 pick and as the last smaller pick. Contra is such an awesome series and Konami's door is still open if Nintendo wants to go for it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If Sol Badguy gets into Smash, I still hope we get some Strive tracks into the game. A bit unlikely since its so recent but...

A lot of the tracks in Strive quickly ended up becoming my favorite throughout the entire franchise so it would be a shame if Strive songs got excluded simply because it's such a new game. It'd be hype to listen to them on Sols stage.
At the very least I could see us getting Smell of the Game (Radio Edit) since it's essentially been available for about 2 years now. But yeah, the rest is probably too recent unfortunately.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
dude I just want a character with a broken healing gimmick
Introducing Amy's healing from Sonic Battle!
SBSKILLamyheal.png

I KID YOU NOT, the in-game text for how she can heal? " Amy's heal skill. By thinking about Sonic, Amy can regain health."

SHE THINKS ABOUT SONIC AND HEALS HER INJURIES!

OR
Ai Nanner.png

You could get Ai Momoyama with her Ikue Ohtani voice and her ability to just casually whip out a banana and eat it to heal health... really annoying.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've got my golf club ready to swat away spoilers. It's so close to E3 at this point, I just wanna wait for Tuesday, I don't want spoilers haha.
View attachment 319007

Hehehehehehe. Found a use for this bad boy after all hahaha why'd they make his face like that hahahaha
You know I'm gonna steal that right? It's too good not to be used.

If you don't mind.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I mean, so far, every 1st party character that we've gotten has been from a title on the Switch, which is both a relevancy and marketing push. Hell, ARMs went up like, iirc, 300k sales or something after Min Min was revealed.

Characters like Medusa or Porky haven't shown up for a long-ass time, and a Kid Icarus game is a pipe dream at this point.
we'll just have to see I guess. I still think its a lil silly to completely count out Medusa

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Yes but

Pyra/Mythra are from a recent Switch game apart of a still ongoing franchise
Banjo & Kazooie were massive fan requests

Look I love Uprising as much as the next guy, but I see no reason for KI to get another character since it's been almost 10 years since its last installment and it's fairly obvious Nintendo has no plans on continuing the series without Sakurai (who has already sworn off making a sequel), and there just isn't any real demand for another character from it, like there was with K. Rool or Banjo.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only real thing Banjo had was a part of an active product(Rare Replay), which appears to have mattered to Microsoft at best(since Sakurai outright advertised them). They also made merchandise to coincide with Smash, so it was clear they saw some use out of the character anyway, despite no new games. But any use is a good business move apparently, so.

That said, I don't think we'll get a 1st party from a franchise that isn't on the Switch or at least getting a revival soon. It might not be a straight advertisement for a new game, but it doesn't have to be. That's why something like Pokemon Gen VIII(albeit, it's not entirely 1st party, but it's pretty close in concept to what people think of) sounds more likely than Medusa. Porky I could see if it was used in part to help bring Mother 3 over to the States, but I won't pretend I think that's likely.

But yeah, not a lot of first parties as is(well, we got Master Hand. :p)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom