• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
we'll just have to see I guess. I still think its a lil silly to completely count out Medusa
I don't think any character should be written out entirely, but at the same time, what does Nintendo have to gain from including Medusa, when they seemingly have no plans to do anything with the Kid Icarus series?

Byleth, Min-Min and Pythra are all current-hardware fighters which Nintendo can double up as marketing, while also helping Smash not feel soo dated in the process(We only had 2 Switch-game stages pre-Byleth after all).

If anything, something like a new Pokemon, Ayumi, or had they not gotten a DLC Spirit Event, Ring Fit makes more sense from basically every angle.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Introducing Amy's healing from Sonic Battle!
View attachment 319009

I KID YOU NOT, the in-game text for how she can heal? " Amy's heal skill. By thinking about Sonic, Amy can regain health."

SHE THINKS ABOUT SONIC AND HEALS HER INJURIES!

OR
View attachment 319010
You could get Ai Momoyama with her Ikue Ohtani voice and her ability to just casually whip out a banana and eat it to heal health... really annoying.
bro that would be ****ing amazing lol.

I already thought Amy was the likeliest sonic char but u actually got me hyped. Plus there's only ONE hammer wielder so far

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, SSE's story sucked, and was a waste of development time, which could have gone to more characters.
Probably a different team. A team that makes a cut scene is not the same as one that makes a character. I didn't think the cut scenes were bad, it just didn't move me as much as the levels. Would be nice to have platforming stages back. I wish they did more series themed adventure modes with villains from at least Nintendo series.

For example Mushroom Kingdom area with Hammer Bros, Koopa Troopers and Goombas

Kirby Area with Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, etc.

Legend of Zelda area with ReDeads or Octorocks,

and so forth.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I wonder if they'll do what they did at TGA and say "There will be a character at E3." the day before. Of course it's not necessary but it could actually give away if they'll announce one or two characters.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if they'll do what they did at TGA and say "There will be a character at E3." the day before. Of course it's not necessary but it could actually give away if they'll announce one or two characters.
Entirely depends if it's one or 2.

If it's 2, then no, they probably won't. Sakurai didn't retweet the 2019 Direct and we got a double drop then, but if it's 1? Probably.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
bro that would be ****ing amazing lol.

I already thought Amy was the likeliest sonic char but u actually got me hyped. Plus there's only ONE hammer wielder so far
I'd love Amy not just out of Sonic fandom... but for the RAGE hahaha like... people will be FURIOUS at Amy purely for not being Shadow, Eggman, Tails, or some other Sonic character. Even ANGRIER at her for not being Crash, Chief, Lloyd, Yuri or whoever. Have her just jump out in the trailer like "NOPE! AMY TIME!" would be PURE JOY for me hahahahaha

For real though, Amy was a BEAST in Sonic Battle. Dish out the quick little boxing punches with the "Girl Jab, Girl Straight, Girl Upper" boxing combo and then out of nowhere whip out the Piko Piko Hammer and such... translate that to Smash she'd be a BEAST! Quick little attacks here in like a Mario size body, and then Dedede type strength with the Smash and special attacks so alternating between a Mario type and a Dedede type. SUPER VERSATILE!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
so whats the thoughts on streets of rage axel stone
Possible but pretty unlikely IMO against bigger and more active Sega properties like Puyo Puyo or Yakuza, or the possibility of additional Sonic content. The competition is pretty strong.

I think Axel overlaps a bit with Terry’s street brawler archetype too, but there are definitely possibilities that Axel being from a beat’em up would provide unique to him. SOR music in Smash would be amazing so that’s all you need to convince me it’s a good idea, at least. But yeah I’m not too optimistic toward his odds.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
For real though, Amy was a BEAST in Sonic Battle. Dish out the quick little boxing punches with the "Girl Jab, Girl Straight, Girl Upper" boxing combo and then out of nowhere whip out the Piko Piko Hammer and such... translate that to Smash she'd be a BEAST! Quick little attacks here in like a Mario size body, and then Dedede type strength with the Smash and special attacks so alternating between a Mario type and a Dedede type. SUPER VERSATILE!
tbh the whole versatility jack of all trades thing is a whole nother unique aspect Amy could introduce

every other dlc character so far has been archetypically specialized

(and for some reason the majority are zoners)

edit: literally the only jack of all trades master of none dlc is banjo lmao, and arguably terry but he’s more of a brawler imo

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Don't know enough about him to say, but I hear a lot of good things about the games. At the very least, they'd give some representation to beat-em-ups. Interested in how that'd work; I'd imagine there'd be some similarities to Terry and Ryu, but with even more focus on chaining attacks together while removing the command inputs.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Don't know enough about him to say, but I hear a lot of good things about the games. At the very least, they'd give some representation to beat-em-ups. Interested in how that'd work; I'd imagine there'd be some similarities to Terry and Ryu, but with even more focus on chaining attacks together while removing the command inputs.
There's actually two rather interesting special attack gimmicks from SoR 3 or 4 they could use for him.

The former has a meter where if a special attack is used while its full will not deplete the health of the character. The latter has one where a special attack puts a portion of your health in green and will indeed deplete that amount if you're hit afterward, but will turn back to the default yellow if you hit enemies without being attacked yourself.

There could be a variation of either where a more powerful special attack will increase Axel's damaged percentage unless the aforementioned mechanics are taken advantage of successfully.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
He would be based

That said, he's in a weird situation where I think he's got enough merit but I'm not sure if he's on their radar. I cannot for the life of me tell whether or not SEGA themselves give a **** about Streets of Rage

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
tbh the whole versatility jack of all trades thing is a whole nother unique aspect Amy could introduce

every other dlc character so far has been archetypically specialized

(and for some reason the majority are zoners)

edit: literally the only jack of all trades master of none dlc is banjo lmao, and arguably terry but he’s more of a brawler imo
Yeah, Terry's got the 2D Fighter controls goin on hahaha.

Using Sonic Battle as a basis, Amy's got a crazy moveset. All over the place. The aforementioned heal move (as do all Sonic Battle characters)

A boxing punch combo
Amy Boxing Combo.png

Followed immediately out of nowhere by a heavy hammer swing that sends them flying
Girl_Crush.png

Then just for the heck of it, she puts the hammer away in order to use the "Girl Bomber" aka a hip attack "designed to protect Sonic"
DtnSineW0AEmUfS.jpg

Girl's crazy, man! And that's even before you get outside of Sonic Battle and go into her using said hammer to jump 50 feet in the air in Sonic Adventure DX and such hahaha

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For real tho... what would you DO... if it turned out that these two WERE INDEED, AGAINST ALL ODDS.... the last two?
I’d be pretty disappointed that we just doubled down on two series that already had content in the game over bringing in at least one more new IP, let alone Amy who I actually really like but would just be baffling and almost frustrating over more important and popular Sonic characters.

Waluigi is fine, I’d be happier to see either one of these characters if they showed up alongside something new. Ending on Mario and Sonic is just kind of lame not gonna lie, especially for people like me who really enjoy the deeper cuts.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Nah, people won't be biting each other's throats.

It'll be more

"So, expect disappointment?"
"It always is."

For 3-4 months.

I don't think it's realistic that we get one reveal at E3. I would be shocked if we did.

I think we get 1 at the beginning and one near the end, and how hype these characters are will be relative to the point in time that they are shown in the direct. So CP11 is gonna be the hype character.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I’d be pretty disappointed that we just doubled down on two series that already had content in the game over bringing in at least one more new IP, let alone Amy who I actually really like but would just be baffling and almost frustrating over more important and popular Sonic characters.

Waluigi is fine, I’d be happier to see either one of these characters if they showed up alongside something new. Ending on Mario and Sonic is just kind of lame not gonna lie, especially for people like me who really enjoy the deeper cuts.
By how this pass is going it wouldn't really be that disappointing. We've already had 2 characters from less popular series that are already in Smash in this pass.

At least I care about those 2 series.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I saw Porky was mentioned earlier.

As a fan of our great king, the chubster himself, King P, Porky mothercluckin’ Minch…I will keep hopeful optimism, but I too know he may likely not happen. I hope you’re right, anonymous peoples of 4chan.

For real tho... what would you DO... if it turned out that these two WERE INDEED, AGAINST ALL ODDS.... the last two?
View attachment 319012
I’d be hyped for Waluigi.

I’d like Amy too, she’s cool, but disappointed in no Tails; I also feel Eggman or Tails would make more sense as the 2nd Sonic character.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I pray that Tuesday is a double reveal because if its only a single reveal...Oh boy...It's gonna be a bloodbath with everyone biting at each other's throats.
Nah, people won't be biting each other's throats.

It'll be more

"So, expect disappointment?"
"It always is."

For 3-4 months.
Yeah, if E3 doesn't have a double reveal, Imma go all Hulk Smash (okay, that part is an exaggeration).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
He would be based

That said, he's in a weird situation where I think he's got enough merit but I'm not sure if he's on their radar. I cannot for the life of me tell whether or not SEGA themselves give a **** about Streets of Rage
I get the sense from Sega that they personally likely don't have much interest in the series, but like Wonder Boy (and potentially Alex Kidd?) see the value in letting other studios do revivals for the fanbases that exist for them.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I get the sense from Sega that they personally likely don't have much interest in the series, but like Wonder Boy (and potentially Alex Kidd?) see the value in letting other studios do revivals for the fanbases that exist for them.
See, I'm not just talking about the games they get - I'm talking about how generally celebrated they are, and how many shout-outs they get, and whatnot

Take Fantasy Zone, for example: Hasn't gotten a new game in a while, but do they give a crap about it? In this regard, absolutely!

While it gets pretty consistent love from the Western side of SEGA, on the other side of the coin, it's in this weird state of limbo where it's not something like Vectorman or Comix Zone where they clearly just don't give a rat's ass, but it's also not quite as prevalent in terms of general references as a lot of other SEGA series. This is why Axel being in PxZ2 was, like, a huge pleasant surprise: cause SEGA of Japan kinda flip-flop on the love they give it. Sometimes they feel like acknowledging it, sometimes they feel like ignoring it.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah, Terry's got the 2D Fighter controls goin on hahaha.

Using Sonic Battle as a basis, Amy's got a crazy moveset. All over the place. The aforementioned heal move (as do all Sonic Battle characters)

A boxing punch combo
View attachment 319014

Followed immediately out of nowhere by a heavy hammer swing that sends them flying
View attachment 319015

Then just for the heck of it, she puts the hammer away in order to use the "Girl Bomber" aka a hip attack "designed to protect Sonic"
View attachment 319017

Girl's crazy, man! And that's even before you get outside of Sonic Battle and go into her using said hammer to jump 50 feet in the air in Sonic Adventure DX and such hahaha
Amy was always my favorite in Sonic Battle alongside Chaos.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Amy was the worst in Sonic Battle.
Gamma was where it was.
That mofo's jab could One-shot anyone....
The ****ing jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom