• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd pick either X or Bass, the former has a larger arsenal to pull from and Armour Upgrades while the latter is because I'd love to see how a character with some crazy **** like Treble Boost implemented, preferably as an install
Bass as a Megaman Echo.
piZap_1621366161728.jpg

If anything, this E3 could be very packed.

A potential Switch revision

BotW2 news

Maybe the rumored DK game

Doubtful but Bayo 3 news

Smash DLC.
Didn't HAL say that we'd get Kirby stuff this year? If so, E3's probably when we'd see him

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some say that news about the next video game series Super Smash Bros. as well as the next Nintendo console after from the Switch will be announced or will come in December 2022.
You mean like the next Smash after Ultimate or

Stratos

Smash Ace
In addition to the next video game in the Super Smash Bros. series. I look forward to seeing the next Nintendo console after the Switch. I'm sure that after years of Switch, this news will appear.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In addition to the next video game in the Super Smash Bros. series. I look forward to seeing the next Nintendo console after the Switch. I'm sure that after years of Switch, this news will appear.
are you saying that we'll see the Switch 2 or whatever this year? Unlikely

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, hear me out: We give Megaman a Rush Boost, so Bass can have a Treble Boost and still be an Echo!
Mega Man's fine the way he is, so no thank you. That, and I just realized Bass would finally put a ****ing Free Aim attack in the game and I find that an interesting idea

Stratos

Smash Ace
In the Wii we have Wii Remote, in the Wii U the GamePad, in Switch the Joy-Cons, in the next console of Nintendo what?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In the Wii we have Wii Remote, in the Wii U the GamePad, in Switch the Joy-Cons, in the next console of Nintendo what?
If it’s the Super Switch, PROBABLY the Joy-Cons again, except this time the portable screen is bigger and the docked mode supports 4K and more onboard storage and processing power

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Okay, hear me out: We give Megaman a Rush Adapter, so Bass can have a Treble Adapter and still be an Echo!
I think a big problem with Bass being a Megaman echo is the proportions Smash gave Megaman and basing him off his earlier Sprite design rather than the taller version from later games in the series. I think Bass would look a little weird shrunken down to Smash Megaman’s size.

Shroob

Sup?
I think a big problem with Bass being a Megaman echo is the proportions Smash gave Megaman and basing him off his earlier Sprite design rather than the taller version from later games in the series. I think Bass would look a little weird shrunken down to Smash Megaman’s size.
Eh, not really? We already have him in the Final Smash roughly at Megaman's proportions.

That, and 8Bit Bass has been a thing for awhile iirc.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still do think it’s weird Fiora’s the only person in Shulk’s FS without a voice. English OR Japanese.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Bass wouldn't work here. He's fine in concept, but MegaMan isn't the correct shape in this case. It's a Villager/Isabelle situation. Bass, if playable, would be a clone/semi-clone.

Proto Man is the only one who could potentially be an Echo, and considering the shield? Probably not. It depends if that would be considered too big of a change to the model or not. If it has no hurtbox while it exists, then it's not an issue. Obviously it has one when used as an attack/etc, but that's a different thin from the core model. For a quick example, Black Knight is the actual same proportions as Ike and could work as one. His model is basically akin to Meta Ridley's, so just added on parts. This means while it could work, it would still take extra effort since the model pieces still have to be redone in animations, and that's ignoring any moveset issues that could come up. Proto Man isn't nearly as problemsome, but it's possible they coudl just not have the Shield outside of certain moves to fix it entirely. Seeing it on the Mii Costume implies it shouldn't be an issue, but that's also a different moveset. Then again, it's not like Proto Man can't get certain different animations for ones that wouldn't mesh well with his Shield. It's a matter of "how much is needed to change".

Ironically, Bass would be perfect it wasn't for the proportions issue. He'd have new taunt animations/etc. either way, but his bodyshape is not similar enough to justify it. It's too bad too. He's a great option and plays much more similarly to MegaMan than Proto Man does right now(due to a closer weaponry set).

...I did not know he has an actual proper model/sprite that would fit. My bad.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Eh, not really? We already have him in the Final Smash roughly at Megaman's proportions.

That, and 8Bit Bass has been a thing for awhile iirc.

It looks to me like Bass is closer to X’s proportions here than classic Megaman. Really, Smash Megaman seems to be very different proportions to every other character in his final Smash since they are all a lot more normally proportioned while classic Megaman is closer to someone like Ness.

Edit: I just looked up 8 bit Bass and apparently that is a thing. I suppose that means he would technically work as an echo but I can’t help but to think he would still look weird as a 3D model with those proportions.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Name 5 assist trophies and 2 pokeballs you would want upgrade to playable and why.
Helper Toys:

1. Bomberman - He's a classic character that I grew up with. Playing Bomberman on multi-player was endless fun.
2. Knuckles - Yet another character I grew up with. I was a Sonic FANATIC back in the day. While I would like to see Tails first, I still wholeheartedly think Knuckles should be here too. I always thought he was the coolest Sonic character as well.
3. Shovel Knight - One of my favorite games of all time, and it has an absolutely BANGIN' soundtrack that I'd love to see in Smash. There's A LOT of moveset potential here as well.
4. Skull Kid - Majora's Mask is amazing, and Skull Kid is my favorite Zelda villian aside from Ganon.
5. Issac - I was going to go with Shadow, but went with this pick to make things more diverse and because I think his fans deserve it. Issac could have a very interesting moveset as well.

Concealed Organisms:

1. Scizor - One of my top 10 favorite Pokemon. They have a cool and sleek design, and could be a ferocious fighter.
2. Eevee - Eevee is absolutely adorable and great on their own, but I'm REALLY interested in implementing their evolutions. I envision the most complicated fighter yet which would allow Eevee to choose between ALL of their evolved forms. They would have to keep their choice until losing a stock.

Last edited:

sakret

Banned via Warnings
I still do think it’s weird Fiora’s the only person in Shulk’s FS without a voice. English OR Japanese.
It felt very forced to me. Like it A. broke canon that only 3 people can chain attack. It ended up being a needless spoiler and TIL she doesn't have a voice. As James Rolfe says, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!
Apparently Pyra's spirit board is a spoiler too but I only ever playeed 1.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It felt very forced to me. Like it A. broke canon that only 3 people can chain attack. It ended up being a needless spoiler and TIL she doesn't have a voice. As James Rolfe says, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!
Apparently Pyra's spirit board is a spoiler too but I only ever playeed 1.
The funnier thing is I thought this was a hint at Elma since X has four members instead of three (though you got Overdrive instead of Chain Attack)

haha... ha... 😭

side note if Elma’s in the next smash can Fiora be an echo or even semi clone

sakret

Banned via Warnings
The funnier thing is I thought this was a hint at Elma since X has four members instead of three (though you got Overdrive instead of Chain Attack)

haha... ha... 😭

side note if Elma’s in the next smash can Fiora be an echo or even semi clone
Chrom can echo Roy who aren't even in the same (outside of FEH) so I could totally see that happening.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why not Roll as an Echo? Using some of the Custom moves from Megaman's list from 4, like Beat and Hyper Bomb and making her Final Smash like Megaman's, but with all the Roll equivalents like Alia, Roll Caskett, Roll.exe, Harp/Lyra Note and maybe Ciel and Prairie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With how Tom Nook is being talked about in the Character Exploration thread, surprised none of y’all said Tom Nook as the next FS-to-playable after Chrom

ps go check the thread out

Stratos

Smash Ace
Shadow the Hedgehog he can coming as next DLC newcomer echo character.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Real talk: this bothers me so much. They could have just used her voice clips from Xenoblade 1 like with Riki and Dunban.
I guess they just didn't want to change things up to much. But i'm still glad that Fiora was acknowledged in some form.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chrom can echo Roy who aren't even in the same (outside of FEH) so I could totally see that happening.
Eh, not the same situation. Roy just had the same bodyshape in Smash that Chrom had available model-wise.

The theory is that Roy being effectively a cross between Ike and Marth is why Chrom uses Roy as a specific base. Which fits why Chrom didn't make it in 4. All we know is that he was a fan favorite and made it into the game because of that. Chrom had to use a ton of new animations to make him work due to Roy using a different hand animation for he he swings his sword(backhanded instead of fronthanded... though I probably have that said wrong).

They don't need to even be from the same franchise for cloning/echoing. They just need to be able to potentially use the same abilities. Ganondorf can legitimately punch and kick with magic(for instance), though he was going to have the Tech Demo Sword, but he also had the right model at the time for a clone.

Echoes on the other hand have to have the same proportions(or barely a difference), and in some cases, it worked out another way. Lucina was not the same proportions as Marth originally, but got added to Smash as a costume first, being modified enough, so she could be split off later. They do sometimes modify proportions slightly, but it's so rare it's best to look at it as "do they have the same proportions right now?". In this case, Bass does have workable designs to go with, even if the one in Smash is not at the moment. At least to tie into the other thing.

Bass could theoretically be an echo of Megaman.

That being said, if they ever did go for a Megaman Echo, Protoman would probably be a more sensible, easier character to clonify.
Not necessarily. Bass' worst factor is that not all the models are the same size as MegaMan. But we know he has models the same size. Protoman's Shield is a major thing to deal with, and they have to actually either make it mostly an unused asset(just appears on the model) or heavily change up his moveset to remotely use it. Bass doesn't have this issue cause he has the same core bodyshape as MegaMan, with at most a slightly different headpiece(which doesn't affect proportions at all in this case). All 3 easily use the same moveset, and were designed to be pretty much identical outside of having some unique special moves only in their particular games. Also, Bass was designed to be a straight counterpart to MegaMan, even having his own dog that does nearly the same stuff(armor options too). Protoman is similar to MegaMan, but wasn't meant to be his counterpart, but a brother with similar abilities. Roll is another example, but she's... I think too different bodyshape-wise? She clearly could be a regular clone, regardless of customs. But she doesn't normally use the variable weapons systems like the others do.

Hell, X and Zero use the variable weapon systems, but differently. X copies, while Zero adapts it into a new weapon.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Betting on a Famicom Detective Club Spirit Event tonight.

What about you guys?
That seems likely, though there is a chance that Ayumi is on e of the last 2 DLCs instead.

Let’s have a bit of fun.
Name 5 assist trophies and 2 pokeballs you would want upgrade to playable and why.
Assist Trophies:
1) Krystal: She was someone I wanted ever since Brawl, which she could gotten into. Also, back in the Smash 4 days, Smash 4 got all of the characters I wanted at the time, except Krystal.
2) Dr. Wily: We could use some more scientist characters in the roster.
3) Zero: One of my casual mains back in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Infinite.
4) Waluigi: Got more interest in the guy these days due to seeing the support others have for him.
5) Tingle: Great candidate for a joke moveset, and would make me laugh.

Pokeball Summons:
1) Genesect: Cyborg bugman.
2) Gardevoir: One of my favorite Pokemon species from when I used to play Pokemon.

Dukefire

Smash Master
They might start with two amiibos for FP2 characters. Since the last two slots aren't known yet.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Anyway, we're waiting for the amiibos of Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth, Pyra / Mythra and the other two DLC newcomers whoever they are.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe the pandemic affected amiibo production? It’s totally possible

of new amiibo that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom