• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Name 5 assist trophies and 2 pokeballs you would want upgrade to playable and why.
Isaac: Golden Sun seems neat and he's a long-running request.
Shovel Knight: I want indies, and he's very iconic.
Zero: Just seems cool.
Krystal: I like Star Fox, and she's cool.
Magnus: See Krystal, but for Kid Icarus (speaking of which: why isn't his AT in Ultimate?).

Snivy: Nostalgia; one of my favorite starters.
Keldeo: I like its design and personality (I'd like more non-bipedal fighters in Smash).

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mine would be:
-Isaac (Camelot deserves a better representation as they made a lot of Nintendo games)
-Bomberman (He has a large history that deserves a better representation)
-Sukapon (Looks very fun to play as and joy mech fight was a great game compared to a lot of other NES games)
-Skull kid (very recognizable alongside many Nintendo characters and also Zelda needs a new rep)
-Akira (Virtual fighter is a big blast from the past which is worth a spot)

-Deoxys (because he is a shapeshifter fighter that can change its stats depending on forms he takes)
-:245: (more Ice fighters are needed even though we know he is a water type but can use Ice and also very popular)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Name 5 assist trophies and 2 pokeballs you would want upgrade to playable and why.
Tiki - My Favorite Fire emblem character
Ashley - Another Wario character who could have some good potential
Nikki - It would be funny
Krystal - Star Fox could benefit with another wholly unique character
Shadow - Sonic needs more reps

Gardevoir - Moveset potential
Oshawott - I think it's cute

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Assist Trophies:
  1. Shovel Knight. Really enjoyed Shovel Knight and think he would be a great character.
  2. Bomberman. Got into Bomberman with the N64 games and really enjoyed some of his other games, including the new Super Bomberman R. And he would fit very well with Nintendo's cast.
  3. Takamaru. I think he's pretty cool, not to mention we don't have a Samurai character yet.
  4. Isaac. I think he'd be a unique character, with utilising the Venus Djinn and a "Howl" mechanic where from time to time, Isaac's weapon will "howl" and allow for a more powerful Smash attack. It's not entirely like Hero's Critical strike. Basically, when the weapon "howls", Isaac will be surrounded in an aura showing he can unleash a more powerful and unique Smash attack and the foe can prepare for it and when Isaac attacks with it, he will lose it regardless whether he hits with it or not. Also, when used, a 10-second cooldown for it takes place and it takes around 11-55 seconds to "howl" again.
  5. Lyn. Her game was the first Fire Emblem game I started with and she's one of my favourite characters.
Pokeball:
  1. Scizor. Cause they've always been one of my most favourite Pokemon since their showing for Gold and Silver and they've been one of my favourite Pokemon to use.
  2. Zoroark. Zoroark's not my favourite, but I do enjoy them. But I just feel Gen V should really have a rep cause Gen V is so underrated.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Isaac: Golden Sun seems neat and he's a long-running request.
Shovel Knight: I want indies, and he's very iconic.
Zero: Just seems cool.
Krystal: I like Star Fox, and she's cool.
Magnus: See Krystal, but for Kid Icarus (speaking of which: why isn't his AT in Ultimate?).

Snivy: Nostalgia; one of my favorite starters.
Keldeo: I like its design and personality (I'd like more non-bipedal fighters in Smash).
Oh Magnus?! I just realized that it’s strange he is gone
However Jill & Drill rozer and Barbara and Ray MK III and Helirin are gone too which is a big loss as we don’t get to see them in HD models well at least Ray MK III and Barbara are lucky to have a mii costumes

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Let’s have a bit of fun.
I'll skip the AT and PB you guys should know I stan the most ( ☀ 🦊 hint hint)

1. Takamaru: His Nintendo Land minigame was fun and killed Sakurai's reason for sending him to AT Hell
2. Zero: He's ****ing Zero.
3. Lyn: Regardless of how many FE reps there are, she is a huge omission from the playable roster
4. Saki: So I can play as him in a game whose controls aren't a pain
5. Starfy: His other abilities need representation in Smash. He isn't just a joke character dammit

Poke Balls:
1. Mimikyu: I believe it is more deserving as a Gen 7 rep, period
2. Oshawott: I'm one of those people who thinks 5 was the peak, but I'm not into edgy furries.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
that reminds me

after Chrom, who should be the next Final Smash cameo character to be playable?

my choice should be obvious from a few pages back it’s Fiora

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Assists:
1. Bomberman. Was one of my most wanted characters prior to his deconfirmation. Could be even crazier than Snake in terms of an explosive based moveset.
2. Shadow. Felt like he was such an obvious choice for an Echo. He could be even better with a full fledged original moveset.
3. Shovel Knight. Pretty major indie character with some great moveset potential. He'd be a good pick. Not to mention the music.
4. Zero. Can't go wrong with some more Mega Man love and he'd represent the X series. Plus he's gotta continue his tradition of being ****ing ridiculous in every fighting game he shows up in.
5. Takamaru. We don't have a samurai character yet. This disappoints me tremendously. Let's add a samurai character.

Pokeballs:
1. Scizor. It's one of my favorite Pokemon so I'm naturally biased lol. Could have a pretty fun moveset with stuff like Bullet Punch.
2. Deoxys. Could be one of the most unique characters in the game if they went all in on his different forms. Plus it's just pretty cool.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Sure I'll play.

Black Knight - He looks way cooler than any other Fire Emblem character and should have been used instead of Lucina, Chrom, Corrin or Byleth.
Knuckles - I played a lot of Sonic 3 & Knuckles back in the day so having him punch things would be cool to see.
Samurai Goroh - We could use more F-Zero characters and he can join with Pico for that Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner combo.
Rathalos - It'd just be cool to play as a giant wyvern thing and I'd be more down for Monster Hunter reps if people wanted playable monsters like Rathalos.
Sheriff - Might as well give Mr. Game & Watch a buddy to have something in common with.

Groudon - Having another legendary Pokemon and from the best generation of the series would be great. Plus it'd be a super heavyweight and also has Primal Reversion which could potentially be a really cool fighter ability.
Zoroark - Wouldn't feel right to have Gen 5 be the only gen not to get a playable representative and I think it's Illusion ability could bring something unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Isaac: Always wanted him , big Golden Sun fan, and his moveset would be amazing
Lyn: Missed the boat, most iconic Fire Emblem character not on the roster
Takamaru: We need more retro newcomers, this is the best pick I feel
Skull Kid: We need another Zelda newcomer, this is my favorite pick of out the AT possibilities, but I still prefer Impa
Knuckles: I'm not a big Sonic fan, but Knuckles is cool in my book, a new Sonic character is probably overdue for a long time
Snorlax: A heavy weight semi clone of Jigglypuff perhaps? He'd be amazing to play as.
Alolan Raichu: A Pikachu semi clone, heavier and stronger, would be quite cool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
that reminds me

I'd pick either X or Bass, the former has a larger arsenal to pull from and Armour Upgrades while the latter is because I'd love to see how a character with some crazy **** like Treble Boost implemented, preferably as an install

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Let’s have a bit of fun.
-Shovel Knight: if we're getting an indie character, he seems like he either makes the most sense or at least would be in the top three

-Midna: we are LONG overdue for another Zelda character, and Midna seems like she'd be entertaining from a gameplay standpoint regardless of which form she's in

-Bomberman: two words: Wario Blast. (also, he seems like he'd be fun to play as, especially if they take games like Bomberman 64: The Second Attack into account, and I'd love to see this song make it into Smash)

-Isaac: Golden Sun seems to be a victim of releasing its games at the wrong time when it comes to be considered for Smash. I've barely even played Golden Sun, but even I can tell that there's a ton to work with for moves, stages, spirits, music, etc.

-Knuckles: it seems weird that we don't have a second Sonic character, and having Sonic & Knuckles just seems fitting. (Tails and Eggman would also be great, but they aren't assist trophies)

-Genesect: I missed whatever generation it appeared in, but it's got a great design, and it represents a type of Pokemon (Bug) that isn't in Smash.

-Mimikyu: again, I missed the generation that it appears in, but I could see it being a fun Pokemon for the developers to work with.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Let’s have a bit of fun.
Assist trophies:
- Skull Kid: one of my most wanted
- Isaac: never played Golden Sun, but I think he deserves it
- Bomberman: why not? He's quite iconic
- Shovel Knight: not one of the indie characters I want, but an interesting one for sure
- Lyn: I like the character because I played her game

There is another Pokémon I want, but let's forget about it for a moment. Pokéballs:
- Darkrai: my favourite Pokémon
- Zoroark: I know two pure Dark type is not the best choice, but he's cool!

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't think they'll make us sit on the last character for 3 months before it releases.
shrug They did with Banjo. That's what a dual E3 reveal means.

I’ll take Bill Rizer and Lance Bean from Contra or Pharaoh Man as the shooter.
Contra is my pick as well.

As for pseudo-shooter...I guess Arthur? Lots of projectiles at least.

Reimu counts as a pseudo-shooter right?
Depends. If it's based on her schmup games, she's a shooter. If it's based on her fighting games, she's more like a mage there, so pseudo.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think they'll make us sit on the last character for 3 months before it releases.
I mean, the alternative scenario is we get 2 major content patches like, back to back, which has currently never happened.

If we get a dual reveal at E3, something that I'm not banking on, we're gonna be waiting a bit for CP11.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
FP2 is supposed to be over by December 31. But do you actually think they'll make us wait that long or not?
Assuming there's one character revealed at E3, does it mean we would wait around six more months for the final character? Or will the pass finally manage to be finished before the deadline?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And a dual E3 reveal is vastly unlikely since they actually intend to stretch this out among 2 years, not 5 for 1 year(and it was closer to 6 for 1 year, since PP was part of the same year as the other 5) when it came to release and work d one on it. It was just luckily revealed in December, if I remember right. So less than a month before the next year. Also keep in mind they started working on it at least by September, so it was able to release early within the next year. Imagine if it wasn't like that. They'd have to have spread it out significantly more cause 6 characters in one year wasn't really plausible overall. Considering Hero had balance issues, Banjo was way more simplistic than anyone else, and we still had more than enough glitches as is... it's no surprise they spread out it among 2 years for the next pass. They had to delay two characters, and we still had some issues with Steve. They've been taking their time... for a reason).

They have no good reason to do so. It doesn't give them time to really show off content that well. Realistically, we were getting at most one E3 reveal last year anyway(which was Min Min, if anyone), because there was other times to reveal characters. She was already taking long enough to be put there as is, and the gameplay was an easy reason she was delayed. Steve could've no way have been revealed with her either, as they needed a lot of time to redo every single stage. It would've been a later reveal anyway, and it made sense to delay it a bit(if any) for Minecon. Min Min is literally the only announcement where we had to wait for any information. The rest were significantly faster for the presentation. They clearly aren't spreading out the reveal proper and presentation much at all(and even with the Min Min thing, that was for a different reason, namely that they were trying to get ARMS back into the market, which barely worked at all, so it wasn't a very good idea in the end) now. I expect a single reveal at E3, and one in the Fall later on. With no clear delays, they don't have anything off-schedule, so there's no real reason to worry about factors like this.

Banjo frankly is a poor example, since they were doing 6 presentations in a single year. They had to group at least one set together to make it on-time. Remember they only had One Pass entirely, and it was meant to be done in the year. If no other Pass was going to happen, they could've easily stretched out over the next year too, by changing up the times. Banjo as DLC, honestly, is more of an exception to how DLC has been going for Ultimate. Nobody else was a dual reveal, but they literally has no reason to do so beyond one year anyway. It also helps that PP's reveal was earlier than Joker's(and Joker's was a last minute reveal), showing things already went off-schedule.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Let’s have a bit of fun.
1. Skull Kid
2. Alucard
3. Zero
4. Bomberman
5. Shovel Knight

1. Zoroark
2. Mimikyu

that reminds me

I honestly struggle to remember who appears in Final Smashes....also Chrom still existing in Robin's FS after becoming a playable character still triggers me to no end. Off the top of my head I'll answer Protoman / Bass

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I envy your ability to so effectively ingrain this niche-ass character into the collective conscious of this thread
I've got Cortez Stockholm!

Let’s have a bit of fun.
ATs:
Alucard
Zero
Bomberman
Shadow (Echo)
Black Knight (Echo)

Pokemon: I don't really want any more Pokemon. Other than Arceus as a Boss.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
FP2 is supposed to be over by December 31. But do you actually think they'll make us wait that long or not?
Assuming there's one character revealed at E3, does it mean we would wait around six more months for the final character? Or will the pass finally manage to be finished before the deadline?
I mean, I think CP10 dropping sometime next month is very likely, maybe early-mid July at the absolute latest, but within a month's timeframe after reveal.

They're not going to make us wait 5-6 months for CP11, especially if we get a September Direct.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, I think CP10 dropping sometime next month is very likely, maybe early-mid July at the absolute latest, but within a month's timeframe after reveal.

They're not going to make us wait 5-6 months for CP11, especially if we get a September Direct.
It's also worth noting this is why they gave us an idea of who CP6 was, even if it was a very annoying guessing game instead of the character. They still gave us something to discuss.

June for one character is logical. The latest I could see the reveal is November, but I think September for CP11 is very likely. Unless we get some kind of announcement for some bonus characters overall at E3 along with a regular character(something I'm 99% sure is not happening). I'm not going to say 100% cause we don't know what Nintendo is thinking, but... it practically feels that way to me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y’all realize December 31 is a placeholder date for like... a lot of things right

especially for digital storefronts before an actual release date is made known

I have a feeling the pass will be done by August at the earliest. MAYBE October at the latest

Shroob

Sup?
Y’all realize December 31 is a placeholder date for like... a lot of things right

especially for digital storefronts before an actual release date is made known

I have a feeling the pass will be done by August at the earliest. MAYBE October at the latest
That's something I've said since Sephiroth dropped tbh.

With the rate of reveals and releases, it doesn't make logical sense for CP11 to drop in December.

Sure, when Min Min took 6 months, I could see the logic there, but we're almost guaranteed CP10 next month(Or early July), and I think that seals the deal.

Stratos

Smash Ace
There are many video game characters I would like to see in the Super Smash Bros. series. and in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate there are two vacancies for two new DLC newcomers, for the remainder characters as it is known they will appear in future games of the series. There are three weeks left until E3 shows us the penultimate DLC newcomer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Pillow

Smash Lord
It's definitely 'possible'.

But it'd be an unprecedented event, considering we've never gone an E3 with a Smash game currently alive without a reveal.
I'd say the chances we don't get Smash news is very very low, as are the chances of that Smash news being anything other than the latest DLC character. The only other conceivable option is the announcement of another FP, but even then I still think they'd just tack that onto a character announcement like they did with Terry.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I do also at the very least expect Switch Pro/Super Switch to be revealed this E3

IT’S SUPER SWITCH NOT “SWITCH PRO” YOU HEATHENS

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anything, this E3 could be very packed.

A potential Switch revision

BotW2 news

Maybe the rumored DK game

Doubtful but Bayo 3 news

Smash DLC.
Cries in Metroid Prime 4

I also expect a reveal of Monolith’s next stuff... I just hope one of them is Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition or, even though it’s technically Namco’s call for this, Project X Zone 3/a X Zone successor since the creators and most of the programmers left... 🥺

Stratos

Smash Ace
Some say that news about the next video game series Super Smash Bros. as well as the next Nintendo console after from the Switch will be announced or will come in December 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom