• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
Assuming Papa actually has legitimate info, I'm assuming the character he's talking about is Crash.
I like Crash and all and I'd like to see him in smash, but he's such an easy pick that I'd almost be happy with his de-confirmation. Feel like E3 not being him would be way more exciting, kind of how we ended up getting Sephiroth.

Shroob

Sup?
So basically, throwing a dart here:

"Crash is coming to Brawlhalla" is my guess as to what it means.

I'm not really sure how that deconfirms Crash in Smash, but if Crash isn't at E3, then tbh I'm extremely interested in knowing who is.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So what’s a game that you feel has no chance of getting a playable character but you’d like to see miscellaneous content of, like music or spirits?
Pro Wrestling
Rygar
Double Dragon(I NEED Mii Brawlers and DAT THEME SONG)
Gradius
StarTropics
Bionic Commando
Crystalis
Blaster Master
Maniac Mansion
Wizards & Warriors

Because reasons.

Which deconfirmation left you the most upset?
The only characters I wanted that I consider deconfirmed are Kunio and Arthur(since I don't consider Hayabusa actually deconfirmed). And even then, I wasn't that upset, because I was happy they got in at all. I just wish Kunio coulda also got a Mii like Arthur.

also surprised nobody has said Decidueye yet
Oh wait, that WAS one for me as well.

That reminds me which female villains would you like to see, in Ultimate or the next game?
Mother Brain and Medusa. But as Bosses.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I introduce screenshots I found in another Smash speculation related server and then retreat
View attachment 315494
View attachment 315495
Interesting and unfortunate if true. Technically it could be a reverse Dante situation (where someone with real info added bogus Smash info), but it's hard to imagine a fake leaker making up a disconfirmation rather than the opposite, so if the footage is real I imagine the info is as well.

Shroob

Sup?
You guys...didn't watch the actual video did you? He clearly states in it that he's talking about Rayman, even at the end of the post he brings up that he's referring to Rayman
Correct.

Though again, the wording is weird as hell tbh.

I like Rayman all well and good, but within the Smash community, I wouldn't really call him as big as Papa was letting on.

Granted, if he has legitimate info, and like, info that's impossible to fake, that would be a crippling blow to Rayman, assuming of course, the person with said info isn't blowing smoke up his ass.

Shroob

Sup?
So basically, if we're buying this it takes out Rayman and quite possibly any other Ubi rep.

If being the keyword here. I'm still kinda hesitant on any kind of insider info by default.
Especially in regards to Smash.

Talkingbush... or hell I think that's their name, leaked the whole damn last direct reveal for reveal, but couldn't get Pyra/Mythra.

I don't doubt that this person could have info on Brawlhalla, but the question is, would they have info related to Smash? It seems a bit unlikely.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Was anyone really convinced Rayman was one of the last two? I feel like he would've come earlier if he was coming at all. Ah well, it's not set in stone.

VA leak? Do I want to know or is it just another rumour?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Was anyone really convinced Rayman was one of the last two? I feel like he would've come earlier if he was coming at all. Ah well, it's not set in stone.

Pretty sure the VA leak has to do with crowd chants and how all the European countries have their own chants (Similar to how they each have their own announcers). It's not a leak, but an observation, really. From what I can see of the theory, it's that all the European countries utilize the US Chants for DLC characters for FP2 rather than have their own as usual. Since they do not have their own chants in the data, it's theorized that there was no need to hire a group of people to do chants which would knock out anyone that has different names within the European countries (Like Pokemon)

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

In 20 minutes you can catch up.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

It's more a theory than a leak. FP1's files had VAs for all sorts of different languages, whereas FP2's files only had English and Japanese VAs (Plus maybe Korean ones too?). As such, some are theorizing that there isn't a character planned in the first place that would need more VAs than the couple VAs listed in the files.

At least, that's how I think it goes.

Stratos

Smash Ace
If Black Shadow appears as a DLC newcomer I would say that because his machine called Black Bull his moves will be based on bull, for example Bull Punch and Bull Kick or based from his name like Shadow Punch and Shadow Kick.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So what’s a game that you feel has no chance of getting a playable character but you’d like to see miscellaneous content of, like music or spirits?

mine are Darkest Dungeon, Lobotomy Corporation and Trauma Center

inb4 someone posts that one Trauma Center song you know the one

also uhhhh I have a TC Content Support thread, check the directory
Definitely Stardew Valley. Probably just a spirit event if it got anything but man I would love to see it get literally anything lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One of the common trends I've noticed among gatekeepers whenever a new character is revealed is basically a shift from "that's never gonna happen lul, and it's for the better" to "that shouldn't have happened". Off topic, but it's very common.
The "that character would NEVER EVER happen and it would suck if they actually did" crowd generally splits into two when the never-ever gets revealed

1. Actually sticking to their word and being upset that the character got in
2. Acting like they never said anything like "can't happen, too obscure/irrelevant" and like they always believed the character was worthy of an elite video gaming hall of fame

It happened with K. Rool, it happened with Banjo-Kazooie, and soon it'll happen with isaac

osby

Smash Obsessed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Ya know what's a kinda funny reasoning I see tossed around against characters like Nemesis?

"No body horror."

Yes, because Smash is completely free of body horror.

Now that you mention it, I've been thinking about how, if Master Chief were to get into the game, some sick, demented mind out there would make art of the entire roster infected by the Flood. Yeah, I don't get my thought process either.

Either way, this month is gonna be hell-and-a-half on the speculative front, so if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to build a bunker. I'll show it off when it's ready.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure the VA leak has to do with crowd chants and how all the European countries have their own chants (Similar to how they each have their own announcers). It's not a leak, but an observation, really. From what I can see of the theory, it's that all the European countries utilize the US Chants for DLC characters for FP2 rather than have their own as usual. Since they do not have their own chants in the data, it's theorized that there was no need to hire a group of people to do chants which would knock out anyone that has different names within the European countries (Like Pokemon)
That's interesting, but from looking it up it seems that they also reused the Japanese chants for Min Min and Steve instead of recording an English one (plus Korean). So anyone could have theorised after the first two packs, that only those chants would be used for everyone. Particularly since the Japanese chants for the Minecraft characters sound a little out of place, but were used anyway. If they can move from two languages to three mid-pass, they can move from three to four or more, no sweat.

That is of course assuming that I'm reading the wiki correctly and the languages use copied versions of the same file rather than actually using just one to take up less data.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In terms of hardest hitting disconfirmations, I'd say Travis as I genuinely thought he had a fantastic shot at getting in and I guess Zero as I remember watching that Direct and seeing Zero fight Ditto made me go "Neat!.... HOLD ON ZERO'S A FIGHTER?" until the AT section started properly
Ya know what's a kinda funny reasoning I see tossed around against characters like Nemesis?

"No body horror."

Yes, because Smash is completely free of body horror.

Honestly, Sakurai saying he needed to tone down Marx sounds like he was gonna reference Super Star Ultra considering Marx's iconic death scream. "Sorry guys I was gonna reference a Kirby thing I didn't make but thr ESRB said no"

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of crowd cheers, I was checking the Japanese ones from the Smash wiki and I noticed that only three characters are referred with honorifics by the crowd: :ultwiifittrainer::ultisabelle::ultbayonetta:

They're actually pretty cute.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman

I’d say Fiora. Voted for her on the ballot. Got Chrom’d literally day one, so I went for my backup, Elma... but now it looks like she won’t make it either! 🙃

don’t mind me I’m just in my Deconfirmation Depression again...they’ll both get their chance another day...

hell, maybe Neku will get his chance another day too... I also voted for him 😭
Skull Kid's AT fate was a heartbreaker. Honestly, so was Incineroar's reveal. I adore Decidueye and it seemed like such a lock...

If I want to be painfully honest with myself, Sephiroth's announcement was as disappointing as it was exciting for me. Yes, it was incredible and super shocking that he got in, but his inclusion left a trail of bodies in its wake. Geno, Crono, 2B, Sora, Lara Croft, and the most painful deconfirmation, any chance of Neku or any playable TWEWY rep. He even really crushed the chances of any other third-party villains, like one of my most wanteds, Robotnik/Eggman.

So much dispair, indeed...

But the one deconfirmation that stung the most so far?
Screenshot_20210517-040826_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I wouldn't consider Rayman an often discussed and anticipated newcomer considering a large portion of this fanbase considers him dead for one reason or another.
He’s pretty popular on Twitter.

But yeah, it won’t surprise me if Ubisoft isn’t getting anyone. Despite how friendly they are towards Nintendo, they’re not a priority given all the content they have in Smash already without a character. Which sucks because Rayman & Ezio would be great choices. Maybe next time...

Ivander

Smash Legend
To be fair, characters that devours others with their giant maws are surprisingly common among family-friendly games: :ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultkingdedede:
I'll give Wario, since his animation is fairly graphic. Kirby, Yoshi and Dedede are cartoony enough to not be taken so serious.

But I'm just pointing out Bayonetta's Final Smash because besides the very graphic way of being devoured, Gomorrah himself could count as body horror, due to how grotesquely detailed he is. Like if a very grotesque demon devouring the fighters was able to get into Smash, I don't see body horror stopping something like Resident Evil zombies biting the fighters or Nemesis.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I kinda hate that I just can't take any "leaks" or "theories" regarding Smash seriously anymore haha. I wish I could be like "wow this definitely means something" and speculate about it but my first instinct is instead "nah is nothing". We've seen things shatter or take a different turn so often, and seeing how tightly under wraps Smash is kept especially lately (like, Pyra/Mythra were one of the only things not leaked from the last Direct), it wouldn't surprise me if the next character had a million different names/VA's or is a Ubi character after all.

Speculation is understandably getting a bit tiresome, E3 can't come soon enough as a new character helps to liven things up a bit.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I’d say Fiora. Voted for her on the ballot. Got Chrom’d literally day one, so I went for my backup, Elma... but now it looks like she won’t make it either! 🙃

don’t mind me I’m just in my Deconfirmation Depression again...they’ll both get their chance another day...

For me, it's Waluigi himself who was the most controversial back in 2018 having outcry from fans and news reporting him as an Assist Trophy again...

I feel bad for the fans of whoever is the last fighter, because unless they're a huge crowd pleaser, they're going to be blamed for "my fave not getting in"
The last fighter doesn't bring much hype and always disappointment sometimes.
(Incineroar for example, while I love him most were disappointed probably due to believing a certain leak involving the Grinch.)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Yeah I was very surprised that Travis didn't make it. He had everything going for him with a new game and re-releases. Instead Sakurai decided to sell us a cardboard box.

Decidueye being disconfrimed was also pretty sad because Sakurai mentioned he almost made it. Decidueye has one of the coolest designs of any recent Pokemon and who we got instead was one of the dumbest looking pokemon who ruined a perfectly good base and middle stage form by being a dude in a animal costume.

Finally there is of course Geno. I thought he finally had a chance to be a playable character this time but then he got mii costumed. He could have had a pretty awesome moveset where he could shoot with his fingers, his arms, used all his star powers and turn into a cannon. While Sephiroth is cool for being Sephiroth, he is another anime sword fighter and another character who has a long reach and we could do with less of those kinds of characters.

Now I just hope Sora and Dante have a chance of getting into Smash! I mean, Cortez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom