• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess the closest I would say to being upset over a deconfirmation is Elma although she would of just been icing on cake as I got mostly everyone I wanted at this point.

Even then Pyra & Mythra are very welcoming additions and surprising and unexpecting too so there's that getting more female reps then expected.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
That reminds me which female villains would you like to see, in Ultimate or the next game?:

for me:

Jena Anderson obviously
T-elos (KOS-MOS has to come first obviously)
Dr. Coyle (definitely not in this game but the next)
Medusa
The only female villain I'd care much about would be Rouge the Bat, if she's close enough to a villain, like an anti-hero or something (would she qualify, though?).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just man

Fiora AND Elma were shot down. Maybe Neku too

I have the worst luck when it comes to my most wanteds...

also surprised nobody has said Decidueye yet

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
One of the common trends I've noticed among gatekeepers whenever a new character is revealed is basically a shift from "that's never gonna happen lul, and it's for the better" to "that shouldn't have happened". Off topic, but it's very common.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope that the next Smash's main take on Adventure mode has better cutscenes. The ones in Ultimate WERE visually amazing and the best-looking **** in any Nintendo property for years, but the characters weren't very interactive outside of the opening cutscene. With Brawl having amazing interactions in Subspace Emissary through moments like Mario VS Link or every scene where Snake or Dedede does something without any ounce of dialogue whatsoever, Ultimate having actual voiceovers just maximizes the potential of a great crossover, like how everyone was in Emissary.

If Zelda talked, could you imagine the ****ing slickness of Ganondorf's voice?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That reminds me which female villains would you like to see, in Ultimate or the next game?:

for me:

Jena Anderson obviously
Medusa
There are quite a few that I would love to see actually. Here are some of my most wanted:

Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII)
Sylvans (Warcraft)

These two are debatable if they are heroes or villains but I’d still love to see them:

Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
Edelgard (Fire Emblem)

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Which deconfirmation left you the most upset?

I’d say Fiora. Voted for her on the ballot. Got Chrom’d literally day one, so I went for my backup, Elma... but now it looks like she won’t make it either! 🙃

don’t mind me I’m just in my Deconfirmation Depression again...they’ll both get their chance another day...

hell, maybe Neku will get his chance another day too... I also voted for him 😭
Definitely Isaac for me. What with the grinch leak, the supposed picture hint, the sprout item that was found, and just the fact that it took so long for his AT to show up. Also given the ballot and how popular he seemed to be I was pretty convinced he had a great shot regardless of all that. So the see him get disconfirmed was pretty gut wrenching.

Bomberman was pretty close behind, considering I legit thought he was a lock going into this game. I'm glad he got a mii costume, but man Bomberman as an actual character would be so good. And Brawler doesn't even have any bombs lol

Also honorable mention for Banjo post grinch leak. Obviously he got in now, but at the time he and Isaac were squarely my most wanted and the feeling of finding out that the grinch leak was fake was honestly just the worst.

Also to answer your other question I'm gonna have to agree with the other poster who said Captain Syrup. Gruntilda would also be amazing. But alas neither are gonna happen any time soon I fear.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

I’d say Fiora. Voted for her on the ballot. Got Chrom’d literally day one, so I went for my backup, Elma... but now it looks like she won’t make it either! 🙃

don’t mind me I’m just in my Deconfirmation Depression again...they’ll both get their chance another day...

hell, maybe Neku will get his chance another day too... I also voted for him 😭
Kyo. One of my most wanted, and I was convinced that if he was going to be revealed for Smash, the trailer would involve the KOF 94’ intro. Got super hyped when I heard the chanting during the beginning of Terry’s trailer.

And then he got Chrom’d.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Kyo. One of my most wanted, and I was convinced that if he was going to be revealed for Smash, the trailer would involve the KOF 94’ intro. Got super hyped when I heard the chanting during the beginning of Terry’s trailer.

And then he got Chrom’d.
I think I said this back then in the Kyo thread, but I was actually kinda glad that the SNK leak - and the subsequent Terry leak - happened. I don't dislike Terry, he was one of my favorite reveals for Ultimate and he's part of my team in several KoF games, but as someone wo was rooting for Kyo... ngl, I would have been kinda salty if the trailer had caught me unprepared lol.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Been a little while since I last posted on this site. So... who's everyone's prediction for the next Smash fighter?

Saw this, and wanna know if it has been discussed on here yet:

How likely is the VA's testimony to be a Smash confirmation?
No idea, though if we're basing it on how many times we've had VAs hint at Smash-related content prior to the official reveal I'd say very unlikely.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Been a little while since I last posted on this site. So... who's everyone's prediction for the next Smash fighter?

No idea, though if we're basing it on how many times we've had VAs hint at Smash-related content prior to the official reveal I'd say very unlikely.
Honestly, with all the curveballs Sakurai has been throwing, it's kinda hard to predict the next person; it'd probably be easier to list characters who WON'T be added.

And as for the VA thing, part of me thinks this was too recent for the VA to begin recording voicelines for Crash.

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Krystal. After the the Everyone is Here presentation, a lot of characters that I wanted/thought would be cool (Waluigi, Bomberman, Paula/Kumatora. and Takaurmai just to name a few) got deconfirmed. After the presentation I thought Krystal had a good shot, only to be devastated when watching the treehouse stream and seeing her as an AT =(. Most of the time I'm pretty natural if a character I wanted gets deconfiremd, but something about thinking that Krystal had a chance and only for it to be crushed, made me the most upset out of all the deconfirmations. Most likely because I've wanted her in smash for 10+ years.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

for me:

Jena Anderson obviously
Medusa
Captain Syrup - it would be nice if Wario Land actually got a decent amount of content in Smash, considering that it's why people wanted Wario in Smash during Smash 64 and Melee. Also, Dr. Coyle - if spirits turned out to be a barrier to characters getting in, she would have been my preference. (though in both cases, it's probably best to wait for the next game) There's also Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses, though I've only played one route so I'm not sure if people exaggerate.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Who’s he?
Flik from Suikoden - I've been using him as my avatar since 2005, so it would be surreal to actually use his costume in my own Mii :estatic:

I'd be happier if he was playable, but people would be mad for getting Thunder Marth lol

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Minecraft Early Access released 10 years ago today!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pic of the Day:

God I'm ancient.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

Steve is me whenever I realise that, despite only being 22, I'm actually quite old...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That said... Black Knight would be kind of cool, I was kind of hoping he'd be an Ike echo in the base-game speculation days. But alas, I was being silly. He would be an interesting FE rep, and we can't be having that! I don't think we'll get an echo pass, but if we did... fingers crossed...? I guess?
Pretty much the onle FE character that wouldn't infuriate me. Because A. A villain, and B. Only taking up an Echo slot.

Man, yall really do love doing mental gymnastics when it comes to characters, i swear
So you're sayin'...Hayabusa is in!

i know it would've been more work but IMO one of the biggest missed opportunities with Ultimate was unique bosses/stages for each character's classic mode from their home series.
Sorry, but that's insane. A boss takes almost as many resources as a unique playable fighter.

Adding another 70+ bosses would be a massive waste of resources that could be spent making more characters. And I say that as someone that wants to see a bunch more bosses.

UNCHARTED WATERS???
that was my **** during my middle school days along with Sid Meier's Pirates!

also probably one of Koei's greatest IPs too
I only knew it from it's music until Watch Out For Fireballs podcast did an episode on it recently.

It sounded like anime Sid Meier's Pirates. :p

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Nintendo also gave us Joker, Terry and Sephiroth. I think it’s odd that people still use “it’s Nintendo” to anticipate the worst when they’ve also given us a lot that nobody would have expected from them.
"This is Nintendo" isn't a bad thing in a vacuum. I'm just saying that Nintendo is a relatively unpredictable company. I was being neutral in my statement but should had made that more obvious (also, Sephiroth isn't that crazy in hindsight to me).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom