• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Fr tho

I just want TWEWY, one of S-E’s rising stars, to get some love 🥺

you got:
The most popular FF protagonist (Cloud)
The most popular FF antagonist (Sephiroth)
The face of the literal granddaddy of JRPGs (Hero)

so yeah I think it’s only fair another S-E IP gets a turn
Sora should get some love as well (YES I KNOW SE DOESN’T OWN HIM SHUT UP)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
More on the Toys for Bob sitch:
This is a big relief!

Doesn’t make everything A-OK but it’s good to hear Crash and Spyro are at least still in the realm is possibility for TFB.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
More on the Toys for Bob sitch:
I'm not sure how that Canadian guy came to that interpretation from that wording. All it says is Toys for Bob is dedicated to bringing engaging gameplay experiences - for all we know they could be referring to Call of Duty. As far as non-committal PR statements go that one isn't exactly reassuring.

On a sidenote, I dread to imagine what multiplayer concept Activision might have cooked up for Crash. I pray it's Crash Bash.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What I get from this is that Crash is not dead, but they are currently not working on another Crash game at the moment.
If in five years there's still no Crash game then we could start considering it "dead" but only time will tell.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bro

gimme Jecht as the next FF rep

badass tough dude? Check
Kickass theme song (Otherworld)? Check
Rush down style with hard hitting combos? Check
More fanservice for the female gaze? C H E C K

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But for the sake of FF being much more than just FF7, and for the sake of being judicious, I would say Terra would be who I'd add next.
People ask for Terra a lot because FF6 is the actual best FF and she's the protag but...realtalk? She's like the ****tiest character in that game.

Almost every other party member is more interesting/likeable, and the REAL hero is Celes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bro

gimme Jecht as the next FF rep

badass tough dude? Check
Kickass theme song (Otherworld)? Check
Rush down style with hard hitting combos? Check
More fanservice for the female gaze? C H E C K
Who the hell is Jecht? googles it ...Make this fanservice for female and male gaze.

Jokes aside, I'd like a new FF character to be a party member instead of another protagonist or bad guy. There are too many good options to just limit them with the standard set by Cloud and Sephiroth.

SKX31

Smash Master
idc what you say, Ehrgeiz NEVER HAPPENED. EVER.
Well, I'm pretty sure that Ehrgeiz is canon and tells us what SOLDIERS did on their spare time:

:4pacman:

I'm not sure how that Canadian guy came to that interpretation from that wording. All it says is Toys for Bob is dedicated to bringing engaging gameplay experiences - for all we know they could be referring to Call of Duty. As far as non-committal PR statements go that one isn't exactly reassuring.

On a sidenote, I dread to imagine what multiplayer concept Activision might have cooked up for Crash. I pray it's Crash Bash.
A smaller-priced Crash Bash remake wouldn't be a bad idea TBF. Of course, since we're talking Activision-Blizzard microtransactions are kinda to be expected at this point - especially since A-B's multiplayer experiences have relied a lot on the notion of a long-lasting playerbase and net bookings (roughly the commitment of customers to spend, particularily with subscriptions).* That's not to say that a Crash Bash remake would be a bad idea neccessarily (or other potential Crash multiplayer titles), but CTR's microtransaction system is still relatively fresh and thus there's reason to be wary.

*(For further reading: A-B's conference call for the 4th quarter of FY 2020 highlighted this in not so subtle terms.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I guess nobody can answer me on what Samus Hunter got wrong

no matter, they’re at least more reliable than *ing HotGirlVideos69. Which I know isn’t setting the bar high at all BUT I SEE SOME PEOPLE IN OTHER CIRCLES IM IN STILL UNIRONICALLY BUYING HER * (figuratively, I sure as hell HOPE it ain’t literal, as in her “wares”...)

no I won’t describe what those wares are, this is a Christian forum and I’ll get in trouble if I do

...what the frick formatting

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

no matter, they’re at least more reliable than *ing HotGirlVideos69. Which I know isn’t setting the bar high at all BUT I SEE SOME PEOPLE IN OTHER CIRCLES IM IN STILL UNIRONICALLY BUYING HER * (figuratively, I sure as hell HOPE it ain’t literal, as in her “wares”...)

no I won’t describe what those wares are, this is a Christian forum and I’ll get in trouble if I do

*Christian Minecraft server

osby

Smash Obsessed

We can condone heated debates over a children's game but we draw the line at saying "sex".

Perkilator

Smash Legend

More evidence supporting this. Turns out I was right when I said do not go full doomsday over this situation lol.
Yeah, you were right. TBF, though, seeing as this was Activision we're talking about, can you at least blame us for worrying?

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of packing up to move to New Orleans with my mom. So maybe I can catch Nintendo's E3 Direct while I'm there for the summer!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

There's a lot of people willing to buy what HotGirlVideos is selling.

Yes, I know how that sounded, you're gonna have to deal with it. :roll:

Lord Sakurai is watching, tread warily.
Wait, so is Kirby basically Eldritch Abomination Jesus,then?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Have you ever heard of Samus Hunter getting anything right? Because this is the first time I'm ever hearing of them and it seems pointless to ask people to go do a background check on any new internet rando claiming to be a leaker.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Another challenge:

You can add whoever you want in Smash, you're guaranteed to get him.

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

Who is it that you choose?
I guess Neku (if it makes Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura happy)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another challenge:

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

Ahri, gee that was easy 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus SKX31 SKX31

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Another challenge:

BUT;

Didn't think Junko would be our Danganronpa rep, but I'll take it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I looked two minutes on google. And here is one claime from Samus Hunter:

Basically Mother 3 is ready, they just haven't released it yet.

I'm suspicious of this guy, sorry, even as a Porky supporter, and even if it would help his case (if Nintendo somehow decides to release Mother 3 this year), all things concerning him are for this E3. Never saw any of his previous leaks.

Mother 3, what do they all have with this game to keep making claims about it year after year?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Another challenge:

BUT;

Master Chief or Monokuma

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Another challenge:

BUT;

Guess it's Geno time

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Another challenge:

BUT;

My name starts with F which means...
Fiora (1).png

Fiora time, baby!!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, regarding Samus Hunter:
Miitopia? Check
ACNH update? Check
MHR 2.0? Check
The NSO thing? TBD (unless you count Super Mario Party and that’s a stretch)
Mario Golf? Probably check, I don’t really care about it
Ace attorney? Check
Zelda? TBD
Pokémon? TBD

they also called the indie world:

like I said, take with a grain of salt, but so far, they seem to have a decent track record

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Lord Sakurai is watching, tread warily.
We just need to replace the Smash 4 renders with renders of characters that benefit from praying to RNGesus:

:ultluigi:
:ultpeach:
:ultgnw:
:ultdiddy: (The barrels launched from Rocketbarrel Boost, if broken, have a random trajectory.)
:ultkingdedede: (Gordos have a 60 % chance of sticking to a wall)
:ultvillager: (Turnips - U-Air / D-Air + Timber's woodchip sometimes spawning)
:ultduckhunt: (The order of Wild Gunman's randomized, and they have different damage, knockback angles and KO %)
:ulthero:
(Oh crud forgot :ultsteve: 's mining, as the max rate of getting Diamonds - on Iron surfaces - is 6 %)

And we're set. :4pacman:

Another challenge:

BUT;

... At least my name does not start on Å, Ä or Ö, then I'd be pretty much out instantly. :p

Uhhmm... I'll happily take either Blaze the Cat or Blaze Fielding from Streets of Rage. Helps that both are fire users.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Another challenge:

BUT;

going to use forum name. Which starts with F.

you know what starts with F? Fury.

you know who has Fury?

Fawful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom