• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Are we even sure there’s a bonus fighter? That keeps getting tossed around but as far as I’m aware that specific inconsistency is only present on the North American website and not present in the PAL nor the Japanese websites.
I’m not 100% sold on this either tbh. But It’s possible that the person/people who designed the Aussie version of the site messed up while the others didn’t.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We will see in a month time (April is almost over). I just wonder what Nintendo and other comapnies has to offer while stalling until June.
Well, Nintendo at least seems to be starting the Famicom Detective Club and Miitopia promoting(s)...

Dukefire

Smash Master
I really didn't think about Miitopia much since it released on the 3DS. I may go ahead and try out the demo later. I don't know about the Famicom Detective Club games.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well one thing's for sure, we're not going to get any Nintendo news or any news on the Japanese side until after May 5th.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
We will see in a month time (April is almost over). I just wonder what Nintendo and other comapnies has to offer while stalling until June.
They may not feel they'll have to offer that much more then planned. Capcom and EA will get some decent sales from RE Village and Mass Effect remastered, and Nintendo can probably coast on New Pokémon Snap while doing select promotion of Famicom Detective Club & Miitopia. Throw in the SMT III release and/or any additional updates like the Mario Party Online shift, and its fairly easy for them without having to offer much else.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't expect any more Western third parties at all because of issues including language barriers and this pass being primarily focused on adding new representation to series already in Smash.
I recall language barrier being one of the reasons as to why Banjo, Kazooie and Steve couldn't get in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I recall language barrier being one of the reasons as to why Banjo, Kazooie and Steve couldn't get in.
With that said, it was Nintendo who chose the DLC, right? Maybe they had some involvement in getting such DLC?

And what is this talk about a bonus fighter, anyway?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With that said, it was Nintendo who chose the DLC, right? Maybe they had some involvement in getting such DLC?

And what is this talk about a bonus fighter, anyway?
This video should explain all, link to more detailed analysis in description;

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This video should explain all, link to more detailed analysis in description;
I dunno, I saw a video of about the same thing done by someone called Around the Clock. Are Around the Clock any credible?

EDIT: Here is the video, by the way.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I saw a video of about the same thing done by someone called Around the Clock. Are Around the Clock any credible?
I would just go look at the original reddit post.
I can't find the link :(

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
assume smash game where only the mii costumes based on are the playable characters would the smash roster still looks good?
veterans will be :ultdaisy: :ultwario: :ultsamus::ultfalcon::ultfox::ulthero3::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultlink::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpeach::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultsteve::ultzelda:
newcomers will be:
mario/dk/yoshi/wario reps: :ultmario:(builder):ultyoshi:(yarn):shyguy::waluigirose::toadnaani:Chain Chomp, Cappy, Spiny, Dixie Kong, Ashley
zelda reps: :link:Skull Kid, Yiga, Guardian, Majora's Wrath
mother reps: Flying Man, Mr. Saturn
xenonblade reps: Dunban, Rex, Nia
splatoon reps: Callie, Marie
arms rep: Spring Man, Ribbion Girl, Ninjara
other reps: Ray MK III, Lip, Barbara, K. K. slider, Chibi-robo, Lip, Isaac, Marx, Saki, Team Rocket Grunt, Laboman, Vince, Black Knight, Takamaru, Viridi, Arcade Bunny
konami reps: Bomberman, Goemon
sega reps: Tails, Knuckles, Morgana, Yu, Teddy, Minato, Akira, Jacky
capcom reps: :ultmegaman:(X):ultmegaman:(.EXE) Protoman, Zero, Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Felyne, Arthur
namco reps: Heihachi, Gil, Lloyd (would probably return)
square-enix reps: :geno::slime:Martial Artist, Veronica, Chocobo, Tifa, Barret, Aerith
microsoft reps: Creeper, Pig
snk reps: Iori, Ryo, Nakoruru
ubisoft reps: Altair, Rabbid
other 3rd party reps: :nessecho: Cuphead, Vault Boy, Travis
its 103 in total
i would also mention Koopa Troopa but the red shell mii hat was removed in ultimate
so what do you think?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just think putting stock in a number being skipped may be setting yourself up for disappointment. This isn’t a leaked SNK Copyright nor is it a Renamed Music Track. Y’all ever done a project and had to list things off in an order, like pages for example, and thought you had put number 5 and skipped to number 6? So your list ends up being 1, 2, 3, 4, 6? This whole thing could easily just be human error.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just think putting stock in a number being skipped may be setting yourself up for disappointment. This isn’t a leaked SNK Copyright nor is it a Renamed Music Track. Y’all ever done a project and had to list things off in an order, like pages for example, and thought you had put number 5 and skipped to number 6? So your list ends up being 1, 2, 3, 4, 6? This whole thing could easily just be human error.
Yeah, I understand. I was thinking that the second bonus character was not real, and I kinda thought there had to be something wrong with this whole thing.

Technomage

Smash Champion
If there was this hypothetical bonus fighter what are the odds it ends up being an extra echo? Is it something that could be considered or would this have to be a standalone?
Yeah, it could be a standalone, but there's a chance it could also be an echo (or semi-clone) of one of the last 2 fighters (and come with said fighter).

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly its only Nintendo and Smash's odd unpredictability that's even allowing me to humor the idea of a bonus character.

If one did happen after the second pass, it would be probably be a fighter in the most no frills fashion possible; no stage, no music, almost certainly first party, and very likely built off an existing character. Not an echo, but even something like a semi-clone wouldn't be out of the question I suspect.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well guys, call me when there's rumors of a third bonus character.

Never mind, that will never happen.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
All this talk of bonus fighters nyehhhh where are my bonus STAGES man??? Those were a huge part of the Sm4sh DLC cycle and I miss them so much cuz they were genuinely hype. Super Mario Maker is still one of my fav stages in the game and imagine if they brought back one of the few old fan favorites that's still missing...

Technomage

Smash Champion
All this talk of bonus fighters nyehhhh where are my bonus STAGES man??? Those were a huge part of the Sm4sh DLC cycle and I miss them so much cuz they were genuinely hype. Super Mario Maker is still one of my fav stages in the game and imagine if they brought back one of the few old fan favorites that's still missing...
Well, we actually did talk about bonus stages a day or two ago, as well as the theory on the stage select screen limit.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I would really only be interested in bonus stages if they made new things for games or series that probably wouldn't get a fighter in general at this point. I've said this before but seeing stages from less likely series like Rocker League, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, etc would be a really cool, simpler way to get them into Smash Bros. Same thing goes for that new Pokemon region.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I would really only be interested in bonus stages if they made new things for games or series that probably wouldn't get a fighter in general at this point. I've said this before but seeing stages from less likely series like Rocker League, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, etc would be a really cool, simpler way to get them into Smash Bros. Same thing goes for that new Pokemon region.
Yeah, we could add new stages to represent influential and notable games that don't have much material for a fighter, such as Tetris, Gran Turismo, Spy Hunter, Space Invaders, and Guitar Hero.

Technomage

Smash Champion
An indie stage pack would be pretty damn cool. Undertale, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, Spelunky... I mean there's a lot of cool options there.
I'd totally love to see a FNAF stage, where if an animatronic makes it into the office, all the fighters suffer damage. Or maybe one with Freddy and friends as stage bosses.

Edit: Oh, and it NEEDS jumpscares, though preferably ones that don't block the user interface for more than a second.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
An indie stage pack would be pretty damn cool. Undertale, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, Spelunky... I mean there's a lot of cool options there.
Gimme a Gunvolt stage with frick tons of Gunvolt jams

I just want SOME Gunvolt representation for heck’s sake 😭😭😭

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Gimme a Gunvolt stage with frick tons of Gunvolt jams

I just want SOME Gunvolt representation for heck’s sake 😭😭😭
Alright, stupid question, but how big is Gunvolt in Japan? Like, I've seen it compared to Shovel Knight, but I wanna make sure. To be honest, I'm trying to figure out if Gunvolt is the kind of character who would be announced at E3...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, stupid question, but how big is Gunvolt in Japan? Like, I've seen it compared to Shovel Knight, but I wanna make sure. To be honest, I'm trying to figure out if Gunvolt is the kind of character who would be announced at E3...
I mean, nothing says it'd have to be the main attraction. Toss in a big game to grab everyone's attention, and let Gunvolt coast off of the hype while everyone's still pumped.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, nothing says it'd have to be the main attraction. Toss in a big game to grab everyone's attention, and let Gunvolt coast off of the hype while everyone's still pumped.
So basically, give Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 the red carpet treatment, then show Gunvolt in Smash?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
[Tournament event] From 4/30 (Friday), we will be holding "High-Kakekage! Flags and Bombers" for 3 days! Do you want to sneak a score with Special Flag or make a big explosion with Bomber !? The more you win, the more luxurious spirits you get. #Smash Bros SP

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I don't expect any more Western third parties at all because of issues including language barriers and this pass being primarily focused on adding new representation to series already in Smash.
If language barriers was that big of an issue, we wouldn't have gotten :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve: in the first place.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This is probably my ignorance talking but does League of Legends have more than one map? I’m not really sure how it could be represented as a stage but I’d be down for it.

A TETRIS stage would be awesome. That was the first thing I made sure to make in Stage Builder. I’m pretty proud of how it came out and the blocks actually fall in place like the actual game.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Thought that I'd share this. On the official Nintendo website, Nintendo shared a top 10 list of NES online games to try. Some notable ones include Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, and StarTropics. I don't automatically expect this to connect to Smash, but it's cool to see Nintendo giving these games a shout out. Especially StarTropics, as it's such an obscure title.

The fact that they chose Double Dragon II and Ninja Gaiden is kind of interesting, too. They're the only 3rd party games mentioned, despite many other 3rd party titles being present on NES online (Ghosts n Goblins, Gradius, etc.). They even credit both Koei Tecmo and ArcSys at the bottom of the page. Take it as you will, I just found it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom