• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know what math you're doing or how anything math could relate to this...

But I'm gonna take this time to say...

You are gonna have your Amy Rose, and you are gonna like it!

View attachment 312123

Throw in "Amy's Room" as the stage purely to upset anyone who doesn't like Amy since her face is plastered all over it

View attachment 312122
I'm not saying Amy is a lock but we have two blue hammer users with Popo and Dedede and only one pink (Nana) so Amy is a lock.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
what the **** kind of room is that, is that tapestry or carpet? does she have tables or rugs with her face on it???
They're like... big tower platforms. Big dressers and tables that you can jump on and beat each other up on.

STAY WITH ME, but the story context is that this is Amy's apartment in Central City. Amy wanted to lose weight to impress Sonic, so she took up "boxercise" and began beating up Cream the Rabbit (she was there too) and then Emerl the Gizoid shows up and copies every fighting move and Amy goes "YEAH, LET'S BOXERCISE" and you beat her up repeatedly. After a few rounds, it's revealed she had weights in her boxing gloves and she faints.

Emerl then can return to her apartment and fight Amy basically whenever during that final bit where you play as Emerl and basically can free roam door to door asking people to fight you. Just show up at Amy's apartment "HEY, WANNA FIGHT?"

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
Could be Reimu or a Phantasy Star rep like Matoi or Alis.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hmm, a friend of mine pointed out that the color scheme fits the Octolings. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, they could pull from the Splatoon 2 weapons and make a whole unique character for them. The stage could even be the Abandoned Station from Octo Expansion.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I thought Color Theory was already a pretty weak theory; I mean, everything fits Color Theory in hindsight. It's really tough to predict something with it. Are we really back to considering that again?
Oh brother, this theory stinks! I can argue that motherfricking Farmer Ted from Balan Wonderworld will be in because he has red on him.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I thought Color Theory was already a pretty weak theory; I mean, everything fits Color Theory in hindsight. It's really tough to predict something with it. Are we really back to considering that again?
I mean we're not really using it seriously in this case it's just for discussing some characters who fit the color because it's fun and we still have a month and a half till june and there are only so many times we can discuss Crash or Assist trophies or whatever.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I mean we're not really using it seriously in this case it's just for discussing some characters who fit the color because it's fun and we still have a month and a half till june and there are only so many times we can discuss Crash or Assist trophies or whatever.
One more month? Oh brother, this wait stinks! Then again I'm pretty sure I always say "One more month?" a month before a reveal so I'll make it alive.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright, time for a hypothetical:

HYWR if this was the newcomer lineup for Ultimate?
Base
  • :ultinkling:
  • :ultsimon:
  • :ultrichter: (Echo)
  • :ultdaisy: (Echo)
  • :ultalph: (Echo)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • :ultridley:
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • :ultdarksamus: (Echo)
  • :ultkrool:
  • :ultisabelle:
  • :ultken: (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
  • :ulthero:
  • :ultbanjokazooie:
  • :ultpyra:
  • :ult_terry:
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • :ultminmin
  • Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
  • :ultsephiroth:
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
No Joker, Incineroar, Steve or Byleth so 1/10.

The one point is for Sakura.

D

Deleted member

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
Sad there's no Joker....but Edelgard gets her spot and you kept a lot of other good characters added...

Hmm....

Ashley addition is nice too....

Dr. Robotnik guaranteed with this hypothetical...that's a plus....

No Steve, that's a HUGE plus...

Don't care for Arthur or Bandana Dee...not a huge minus though....

Had to Google who Sakura Shinguji was....not against it; female samurai seems cool...

NOT a fan of Solgaleo being the Pokemon choice...out of nearly 1000 Pokemon, you chose that thing?! HUGE Minus there...I mean, by God, you had all the choices in the world and THAT'S the one you went with...

..Frickin' Solgaleo? Really...

...It's almost enough to say no entirely to this hypothetical...

....Make that Dark Samus echo a semi-clone echo like Ken and I'll support that hypothetical release.

EDIT: I used a random Pokemon generator set to all regions to give me 1 pokemon just to see if whatever it spat out would be a better choice. it gave me Duraludon. I'd be so much happier with that; a Gen 8, Dragon to be repped. SO much better than Solgaleo. Generator Link for those interested

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraster

Smash Lord

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
Base: Fine, I guess, but why Solgaleo of all Pokemon?
Vol. 1: Sakura isn't really interesting to me at all, but the rest is fine.
Vol. 2: Alright. Not big on Edelgard or Eggman myself, but I can at least see their merit, and Bandana Dee is a character I'm actually excited for. I feel like Arthur might be a bit too similar to Simon/Richter thematically (though they might be very different in gameplay).

SKX31

Smash Master
:ultganondorf:
Followed by: :ultsonic::ultdarksamus::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultluigi:
I'm honestly curious when it comes to :ultluigi:. What would you change with his moveset?

always blows me away that Sakurai cites international appeal as part of the requirements for a character being included but then didn't know about Mother 3 not being localized
Wasn't it due to Mother 3 originally having a planned English localization? It's not impossible that Sakurai thought Mother 3 would get an international release during most of Brawl's development... only for him to learn that nope, that's not the case pretty late.

what the **** kind of room is that, is that tapestry or carpet? does she have tables or rugs with her face on it???
Both. And yes. Amy ignores such silly things as "realism".

I mean we're not really using it seriously in this case it's just for discussing some characters who fit the color because it's fun and we still have a month till june and there are only so many times we can discuss Crash or Assist trophies or whatever.
But what about Crash as an Assist Trophy? :4pacman: Several people in this thread shudder at the mere thought.

Wasn’t the last color math epicmartin7 epicmartin7 posted before Pythra green? Good enough of a track record for me to discuss for fun lmao.
Uses the search function.

Yes, although a darker shade of green. Here's where he first gets the color (alongside hues of blue). And here's where he realized Sephiroth gave his math despair (although he still got green).

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
Ehh? I wouldn't mind it too much, although the loss of Joker, Incineroar and Steve would be felt in this hypotheoretical (even if my main struggles really, really hard vs. Joker). I can understand going for Edelgard, although I'm one of those who would prefer Byleth if you're going with a 3H rep if only because (s)he's not going to lead to additional fandom wars. Of the 3H leaders though, I'd personally side with Claude. Solgaleo... I'm not sure there honestly. Could be interesting, but man it'd be wonky to make it playable.

On the plus side, Ashley would be pretty damn interesting in the base game due to what she would presumably bring to the table, and Sakura would be a solid choice to open up FP1. :ultpyra: getting revealed earlier would have some interesting ramifications as well - not just on the speculation scene but also on the competitive side, where people would have a lot more offline data on them. Out of the FP2 characters you propose I'm most interested in Eggman, although both Arthur and Dee could be solid choices.

Not my dream picks, but I'm as far from a picky person as you can come. I wouldn't mind this honestly.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
Base game is fine, I prefer Incineroar to Solgaleo (and that's saying a lot because I don't really like Incineroar), but Ashley would have been great.
Pass 1: I prefer Joker to Sakura, but I think having Pyra instead of Byleth and keeping the Three houses rep for later is a great idea.
Pass 2: I think Steve is way better than Arthur, and Byleth is way better than Edelgard. I don't like Bandana dee, but Eggman could be fine.

So overall I prefer what we have, but ending on Eggman would be nice.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And how the **** can I do that when he goes against the grain too much in modern speculation?
By actually talking about him instead of ******** that you can't talk about him.
You were literally offered the floor to talk about Isaac one time you pulled this "boohoo I can't talk about Isaac" **** and you proceeded to not post about him so you'll have to forgive me if I think you aren't actually interested in an honest conversation about Isaac.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
And how the **** can I do that when he goes against the grain too much in modern speculation?
...by talking about him?

I’ve been talking about Crash since 2014 for smash for instance, even when he was not in vogue. I am the og Sephiroth supporter on here. Tons of people talk about characters against the grain of the times and sell them. I doubt Adol would be received as well if SharkLord did not write such a compelling case for him. Rie has done a lot of stuff to help Reimu’s case as well. By talking about Isaac and explaining why he’s likely...people will listen to your case. And if they don’t and he gets in, you get a lot of schadenfreude.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
By posting. You saw how much people were talking about Zero last night? And how it was almost entirely positive? Last I checked, Zero was also an AT, so you couldn't take that into account and considering how often this happens alongside "I ****ing hate Crash yo" and "I ****ing hate people who like third parties yo", you clearly do not care about potential arguing

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
which character in smash do you feel it deserve to be reworked or upgraded?
i would say :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsonic::ultdaisy:
I would say :ultisabelle::ultmetaknight::ulttoonlink: because they have more from their home series to work with, and :ultlittlemac:because while the idea they had for him is ok, it needs a bit of fine tuning.

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
Nearly the same as the actual Ultimate for me. No Minecraft nor Plant is disappointing though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
...by talking about him?

I’ve been talking about Crash since 2014 for smash for instance, even when he was not in vogue. I am the og Sephiroth supporter on here. Tons of people talk about characters against the grain of the times and sell them. I doubt Adol would be received as well if SharkLord did not write such a compelling case for him. Rie has done a lot of stuff to help Reimu’s case as well. By talking about Isaac and explaining why he’s likely...people will listen to your case. And if they don’t and he gets in, you get a lot of schadenfreude.
Shout outs to Evil Trapezium for all the Cortez posting too.
Barely anyone else here would know Cortez even exists if not for the frequent posts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
By talking about Isaac and explaining why he’s likely
Alright, fine. I suppose I'm the one fearing risks all along.
  • GS's music situation currently is similar to that of base game FFVII: Only having two tracks that were the ones from previous Smashes, plenty of signature songs like Isaac's battle theme and Venus Lighthouse missing.
  • AT seems to be shoddily made (the moves all use different hand models even though they look exactly the same) and don't showcase how Psynergy isn't just summoning giant hands. This could be so Garet can take over as the AT since he's not alt material the same way Felix is.
  • Lowkey nature of later reveals: Even if E3 has to have something bigger, they obviously don't think the final character has to be.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Man, this is making me want a character of my own to just start championing out of the blue. I know a while back I started a Junpei thread and everything, but I think I'd want my legacy to be something a little more personal to me. As a Nintendo kid through and through, though, most of my MWs are already pretty well-established.

...Maybe I should become the De Blob guy...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So its Tuesday, what should we expect this week?
Last week was a tournament, right? Maybe another Spirit Event? Hopefully?
Man, this is making me want a character of my own to just start championing out of the blue. I know a while back I started a Junpei thread and everything, but I think I'd want my legacy to be something a little more personal to me. As a Nintendo kid through and through, though, most of my MWs are already pretty well-established.

...Maybe I should become the De Blob guy...
Just so you know, I already claimed Billy Hatcher.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
Seems like an open-and-shut case to me. The next fighter is a Renault T with maximum 520 horsepower, High Sleeper-style body and Red Sunset paint job from Euro Truck Simulator 2.
renault.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wasn’t the last color math epicmartin7 epicmartin7 posted before Pythra green? Good enough of a track record for me to discuss for fun lmao.
Yes, to some degree. It wasn't the exact color, but it was the right color it was going for.

Basically, it was a green color and it was close to that first shade, but Pyra/Mythra's actual banner color was a bit more vibrant/aqua-ish.

It's not a theory to get into yet, since only Pyra/Mythra was the first successful moment(not to mention Sephiroth apparently messed with the colors at some point), but it does make for interesting and open discussion. I mean, just from the newest colors, we've talked about and mentioned Reimu, Eggman, Octolings, Matoi, Sakura Shinguji, Lloyd Irving, etc.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Base
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shadow (Echo)
  • Solgaleo
  • Ashley
Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  • Sakura Shinguji
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • Edelgard
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
I'd probably like a little better than what we got. Crash Bandicoot as a base game character doesn't make much sense to me since I would think Activision would want him to be DLC.

Everyone else is pretty meh to me.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

View attachment 312090
Red huh?
I want to believe the Capcom Mii Pack didn't mean anything and I still want Dante but I'm super unsure on a Capcom character.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 312090
I'm not gonna prelude this one.

I feel like a broken record, but this is what happens when I get fueled with the appropriate patterns!

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I don't know what math you're doing or how anything math could relate to this...

But I'm gonna take this time to say...

You are gonna have your Amy Rose, and you are gonna like it!

View attachment 312123

Throw in "Amy's Room" as the stage purely to upset anyone who doesn't like Amy since her face is plastered all over it

View attachment 312122
GARY! YOU ARE GONNA FINISH YOUR DESSERT, AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT!

Also, I can definitely see Amy's Room being a stage as "insult to injury".

7NATOR

Smash Master
So its Tuesday, what should we expect this week?
I would say Spirit event, but we might get a Double tourney stretch since we had like 2-3 straight weeks of Spirit events

For Speculation Sake, I hope it's another Tourney. Since we've had like 2-3 weeks of straight Spirit events, we could also have a double tourney week

If it is another Tourney, the important ones to look out for are the

-2010's Tourney
-Sword Fighter Tourney
-Fire themed tourney
-Super Bash Sister tourney

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
By posting. You saw how much people were talking about Zero last night? And how it was almost entirely positive? Last I checked, Zero was also an AT, so you couldn't take that into account and considering how often this happens alongside "I ****ing hate Crash yo" and "I ****ing hate people who like third parties yo", you clearly do not care about potential arguing
Alright, fine. I suppose I'm the one fearing risks all along.
  • GS's music situation currently is similar to that of base game FFVII: Only having two tracks that were the ones from previous Smashes, plenty of signature songs like Isaac's battle theme and Venus Lighthouse missing.
  • AT seems to be shoddily made (the moves all use different hand models even though they look exactly the same) and don't showcase how Psynergy isn't just summoning giant hands. This could be so Garet can take over as the AT since he's not alt material the same way Felix is.
  • Lowkey nature of later reveals: Even if E3 has to have something bigger, they obviously don't think the final character has to be.
Well, I just did try to care, and it was ignored, unlike "ugh, people can only think Crash/MC/Gen 8 have a shot, they don't wanna take risks". I'll try some more, but the lack of reactions to this post doesn't make me confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom