• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is the big guy supposed to be Doom Slayer? Honestly thought it was ****ing Kars from JoJo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, I know it’s fake but I dig these types of fake leaks. The amount of effort put into it is inspiring and you can tell that someone is passionate about this series and what might come next for it.

But yeah it’s SFM and you can tell by the awkward movements of Pyra and... Shiek(?) that it’s not Nintendo/Smash level CGI. Props to this guy though I love the aesthetic they were aiming for.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I know it’s fake but I dig these types of fake leaks. The amount of effort put into it is inspiring and you can tell that someone is passionate about this series and what might come next for it.

But yeah it’s SFM and you can tell by the awkward movements of Pyra and... Shiek(?) that it’s not Nintendo/Smash level CGI. Props to this guy though I love the aesthetic they were aiming for.
Sometimes, fake leaks can be inspiring.

And other times, they're Cacomallow.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I do like how the "leaks" have evolved from simple images to full on SFM movies though, great effort. If we could have Smash Bros fan movies of these quality that'd be sick.
next smash, someone's going to make a two hour theatrical-quality animated film with talented voice actors to troll smash fans into thinking we're getting crash bandicoot.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No yeah that’s definitely Master Chief which is what originally signaled to me that this was fake. Why? Because that’s his Halo 4 armor and if Chief made it into Pass 2 he would most certainly use his Infinite Armor since Infinite was revealed at the same E3 as Ultimate... man, time flies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
next smash, someone's going to make a two hour theatrical-quality animated film with talented voice actors to troll smash fans into thinking we're getting crash bandicoot.
THIS SUMMER

FROM THE PRODUCERS OF "wol2 featuring john halo and lotso huggin bear"

ROB SCHNEIDER STARS IN...CRASH IN SMASH! THE LEAK! THE MOVIE! THE MUSICAL!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The Falco pose is a default sitting idle animation and Pyra's missing her cape. It's pretty lazily put together and that's not even acknowledging the screenshot where there's a bush straight up clipping out of concrete blocks.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
No yeah that’s definitely Master Chief which is what originally signaled to me that this was fake. Why? Because that’s his Halo 4 armor and if Chief made it into Pass 2 he would most certainly use his Infinite Armor since Infinite was revealed at the same E3 as Ultimate... man, time flies.
Would the Halo 4 armor be feasible without Infinite on the horizon? I know it's basically the start of 343's run, but from my knowledge I feel like he'd mainly use the designs from Halo 1, being the first game, and Halo 3, which seems to be the most popular installment, from what I've heard.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Transformers don't have pilots(depending on series), but Custom Robo absolutely does. Basically:

You see the Blue aura around those two? When people fight with Custom Robos, basically their minds are placed in the Robos themselves and they pilot the Robos. In the series itself, this is referred to as "diving", kinda like a scuba diver suit. This OVA for the first Custom Robo on N64 shows it in action.
It's not a direct transport, as the pilot's body remains outside, but Custom Robos are practically tiny Gundams. Like they are small compared to the actual people. You don't really see their size since they fight in Virtual Holosseams for the most part, but in cases where they actually fight in the real world, as shown in Custom Robo Arena, they are small even compared to kids, so in a sense, a person's mind going to pilot a Custom Robo is essentially a pilot shrinking in size.
View attachment 311647

Super Smash Bros. could get away with a Custom Robo being close to average size as they could technically be fighting in a Holosseam, but even Super Smash Bros. Brawl showed that Ray MK 3 is smaller than Mario.
What the... THERE WAS A CUSTOM ROBO OVA??? SERIOUSLY??

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, the Hands are kinda special in terms of being the mascots of the series.
But I want to see Rathalos drawn in the style of Grim Matchstick...

That leads to my brain hatching this idea: Smash 6 should introduce Crazy Core as its big bad (similar to Brawl's Tabuu, Smash 4's Master Core, and Ultimate's Galeem and Dharkon).
No more OC bosses!

Smash 6's big bad should be Giygas.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
No more OC bosses!

The ideal antagonist of a Smash story mode would be an interesting, very emotive character who could conceivably manipulate people into doing the dirty work, and would beat most of the roster in a fight.

Unfortunately I described Bill Cipher and he's not from a video game.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Honestly my one gripe with Arle is how I don't see how the hell Puyo Chains can be implemented properly as the idea sounds too bizarre to work as simple stage control blocks that connect
They could simplify it and make it luck based I guess.
All in all the point of chaining in the end is to make Arle's magic more powerful.
1618724242317.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
The only chance I see Giygas being somewhat there is if Porky becomes a Boss fight again and he's fought at the Devil's Machine, with the Machine having Ness' face in the background. Otherwise, I don't think Giygas will ever make a re-appearance unless a Earthbound and/or Earthbound Zero Remake happens.
Like the form everybody knows him for is more than likely not going to appear due to likely being considered nightmarish imagery(although Bayonetta's Final Smash can also be considered horrifying) and his non-transformed body in Earthbound Zero doesn't even have art, just the NES Sprite.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No more OC bosses!

If somehow Porky ends up playable and Giygas is part of his final Smash, I would love to see the trailer where Darkhon is plunging the world into darkness... Only to have Giygas show him worse darkness, a bit like how Sephiroth showed Galeem what a true final boss is.
A man can dream.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If somehow Porky ends up playable and Giygas is part of his final Smash, I would love to see the trailer where Darkhon is plunging the world into darkness... Only to have Giygas show him worse darkness, a bit like how Sephiroth showed Galeem what a true final boss is.
A man can dream.
I can picture Dharkon getting ripped apart from tentacle to tentacle as he starts glitching out of existence from Giygas's presence.
(Just like how Galeem got sliced in half)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The only chance I see Giygas being somewhat there is if Porky becomes a Boss fight again and he's fought at the Devil's Machine, with the Machine having Ness' face in the background. Otherwise, I don't think Giygas will ever make a re-appearance unless a Earthbound and/or Earthbound Zero Remake happens.
Like the form everybody knows him for is more than likely not going to appear due to likely being considered nightmarish imagery(although Bayonetta's Final Smash can also be considered horrifying) and his non-transformed body in Earthbound Zero doesn't even have art, just the NES Sprite.
Beyond that..how would you even fight the EarthBound version of Giygas in a game like Smash? You can't comprehend Giygas' True Form, after all, and its just a waving, fluctuating wall of nightmarish imagery.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Would the Halo 4 armor be feasible without Infinite on the horizon? I know it's basically the start of 343's run, but from my knowledge I feel like he'd mainly use the designs from Halo 1, being the first game, and Halo 3, which seems to be the most popular installment, from what I've heard.
Halo Infinites armor is a call back a near direct replica of his Halo 2 and 3 armor only with a brighter pallet a la Combat Evolved so in all ways it can be Infinite’s armor design is a direct reference to past Halo. It’s easily one of the Chief’s very best designs.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Man, I really want that leak to be true but it’s definitely fake. It’s way too convenient that they only leak a scene that has the last two characters in it & nothing else.

But I’ll say that The graphics aren’t that big of a deal breaker for it though. It seems like they’re going for an anime/BOTW aesthetic instead of what most of Ultimate’s trailers have gone for. It’s not the first time the trailers have had an artstyle change, though it’s usually for a specific game.

Still fake sadly. 😥

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Man, I really want that leak to be true but it’s definitely fake. It’s way too convenient that they only leak a scene that has the last two characters in it & nothing else.

But I’ll say that The graphics aren’t that big of a deal breaker for it though. It seems like they’re going for an anime/BOTW aesthetic instead of what most of Ultimate’s trailers have gone for. It’s not the first time the trailers have had an artstyle change, though it’s usually for a specific game.

Still fake sadly. 😥
What, the WoL expansion leak? Yeah, I was wondering if that was John in the foreground, but Pyra's tights were too dark for it to be real.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The ideal antagonist of a Smash story mode would be an interesting, very emotive character who could conceivably manipulate people into doing the dirty work, and would beat most of the roster in a fight.

Unfortunately I described Bill Cipher and he's not from a video game.
You actually probably described Sephiroth, but I don't think Nintendo would want a 3P character as a big bad.

You can't comprehend Giygas' True Form, after all, and its just a waving, fluctuating wall of nightmarish imagery.
Eh, you say that, but Master Core was practically Giygas already. An amorphous red and black cloud...and the core itself even has off-waves similar to Giygas's incomprehensible attacks.

Beyond that..how would you even fight the EarthBound version of Giygas in a game like Smash?
With Kirby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom