• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I had always thought they could have had Ditto as an actual Fighter and it would simply turn into any random fighter from the roster at the beginning of the match; effectively acting as the 'Random' button when selecting someone in typical fighting games.
No I mean like, you know how with stages you can pick which ones are allowed to get picked when you choose random? Something like that but for characters would be great.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I have a feeling Pythra’s is ported, with Smash lighting engine touch ups
That's what I'm kinda thinking as well. I do know that Nia's Mii Costume was made from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 assets, so It stands to reason they made have done the same with Pyra/Mythra, to an extent

The one I'm most interested in is Sephiroth. I think I did hear speculation it could be his Dissida model, from the PSP games (I don't think it be the remake because that's too High in Graphic details). But honestly I think this might be a New Model altogether, especially since honestly Sephiroth's face here doesn't look like any Sephiroth model I've seen.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I'll ask: do you have any such misconceptions gotten from Smash? Either ones you've had or ones you've seen others have?
Back when I was a dumb kid, Melee was my first Smash game and when I unlocked Dr. Mario, I became convinced that there was a Dr. version for every character. I specifically remember seeing one of the character silhouettes on the "Challenger Approaching" screen and I said outloud "Doctor Samus?!". I don't remember which character it actually was but, needless to say, I was disappointed it was not Dr. Samus.

On a side note, for some reason, the Melee "Challenger Approaching" screens used to scare the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's what I'm kinda thinking as well. I do know that Nia's Mii Costume was made from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 assets, so It stands to reason they made have done the same with Pyra/Mythra, to an extent

The one I'm most interested in is Sephiroth. I think I did hear speculation it could be his Dissida model, from the PSP games (I don't think it be the remake because that's too High in Graphic details). But honestly I think this might be a New Model altogether, especially since honestly Sephiroth's face here doesn't look like any Sephiroth model I've seen.
Yeah, Sephiroth’s is def a new model. The dissidia models have different hair

anyway back to your discussion of the dark pit glitch, what do you mean by “embedding” projectiles?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's a weird question I need to ask

Where do Sephiroth's and Pyra/Mythra's models come from? are they ported or are they New?
It seems like Pyra's is patrially edited from the XC2 model, as there's this one texture in both the Smash and XC2 texture files that looks similar:
Top is Smash, bottom is XC2
alp_flame_001_col.png

BL000101_COLB.png
But everything else is completely different.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yeah, Sephiroth’s is def a new model. The dissidia models have different hair

anyway back to your discussion of the dark pit glitch, what do you mean by “embedding” projectiles?
Embedding, as in they might be able to Stick onto a surface, or an opponent.

I think this because with Dark Pit, the whole thing is that the arrow is stuck inside of him, which could mean that this Projectile might be able to stick onto surfaces or maybe even characters

Think of it as something similar to Mega Man's Crash Bomb, except with that I think this projectile might act more normal, in that it does damage on Contact and such like that, it's just that it might also be able to embed, so it's like a Fusion of a regular projectile and Mega Man's Crash Bomb

I also speculate to that because Pit isn't affected, nor any other character other than Dark Pit, this projectile will normally have properties similar to Dark Pit, so perhaps being able to be steered, but not to the point of Pit's free flow arrows, and Potentially aimable,

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
No I mean like, you know how with stages you can pick which ones are allowed to get picked when you choose random? Something like that but for characters would be great.
Can't you pick someone else if you don't like who you get?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... sorry about the delays in the math stuff. Turns out, I went down a massive rabbit hole as instead of focusing on the answers. I started changing my methods a bit more in regards to how I do my calculations. I used to try and predict the next trendline, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that was unnecessary.

So... I decided to invent the most complicated method to ever grace this planet... the eyeball test.

No, seriously, it's like... super duper complicated... because I was overthinking it the entire time :p

I thought that if I just tracked, with my eyeball, the movements of the points on the graph, that it would be way off wack. Because... well... lots of degree of uncertainty. But, as I learned with the human brain, the major amount of uncertainty comes in if you over complicate stuff.... which I did originally here lol.

SO. I decided to take a look back, and... well... start simplifying stuff. And I'm starting to recalculate my projected/predicted colors. So stuff may take a bit, but in the mean time, here's my earliest result so far for Fighter 10.

Although, due note, I still have yet to dial some stuff in, so this is just preliminary stuff for right now. So stuff can certainly change. And... of course, this is just math. So, this isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun!

Shroob

Sup?
So... sorry about the delays in the math stuff. Turns out, I went down a massive rabbit hole as instead of focusing on the answers. I started changing my methods a bit more in regards to how I do my calculations. I used to try and predict the next trendline, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that was unnecessary.

So... I decided to invent the most complicated method to ever grace this planet... the eyeball test.

No, seriously, it's like... super duper complicated... because I was overthinking it the entire time :p

I thought that if I just tracked, with my eyeball, the movements of the points on the graph, that it would be way off wack. Because... well... lots of degree of uncertainty. But, as I learned with the human brain, the major amount of uncertainty comes in if you over complicate stuff.... which I did originally here lol.

SO. I decided to take a look back, and... well... start simplifying stuff. And I'm starting to recalculate my projected/predicted colors. So stuff may take a bit, but in the mean time, here's my earliest result so far for Fighter 10.

Although, due note, I still have yet to dial some stuff in, so this is just preliminary stuff for right now. So stuff can certainly change. And... of course, this is just math. So, this isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun!
Ah, our Splatoon rep.

Salmonid.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Aight lemme take guesses on who could have this color

• Arle
  • Reimu
  • maybe Ahri?
  • Ayumi
  • MAYBE Shantae. Big maybe.
  • Octoling? They have a peach color as one of their OE ink colors
  • Falcom (likely Estelle or Adol)

it likely isn’t:
  • Crash. Too “pastel” for him
  • DEFINITELY isn’t Hayabusa. This is a very “feminine” color
  • Any super masculine male character
  • a Namco character unless it’s Haruka

Personally feeling Arle and Reimu the most

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

That seems like a Pretty Eggman looking Color to me. I could imagine that being his backround.

SKX31

Smash Master
The same happens the other way around. Also with Xbox or PC fanboys. In the console wars you're gonna see a lot of stupid people throwing **** to the console they don't like everytime they can. Specially on Twitter.

Seriously maybe is just me but lately I feel like people is even more dumb and toxic on the official posts from Nintendo, Sony and company.

I mean, there was always people acting like kids and all but now I feel it's even worse. It doesn't help that like half of the comments are usually very annoying meme or bait posts. Saying this because after reading some answers to the last few tweets Nintendo has made, I felt like I lose neurons lol
****-flinging over the stupidest things has always been a part of the human condition. Consider Ancient Roman grafitti: it happened often enough there that one Roman complained "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin". (There's enough NSFW stuff to the point I won't directly link it, but the top Google result for "Roman Graffiti" has quite a lot of that).

It's just now it's a lot more common since not only are there more people period (and thus more **** to fling) but also, the 'Net makes it painfully visible. Especially given the seeming lack of consequence over ****-flinging.

So, in other words, CP10's a... a... pig?! Anyone know any famous video game protags that happen to be pigs? :4pacman:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Just noticed myself and went "Wait, when did I double Post?!"
Hopefully this doesn't cause any confusion in the future.

on the topic of final fantasy villain's after sephiroth what would be the next best one?

imo it's kefka but 1-10's villains are all so so strong (for the most part) it could go either way to any of them really, (Ardyn is cool too from what little i played of 15)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
****-flinging over the stupidest things has always been a part of the human condition. Consider Ancient Roman grafitti: it happened often enough there that one Roman complained "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin". (There's enough NSFW stuff to the point I won't directly link it, but the top Google result for "Roman Graffiti" has quite a lot of that).

It's just now it's a lot more common since not only are there more people period (and thus more ** to fling) but also, the 'Net makes it painfully visible. Especially given the seeming lack of consequence over **-flinging.

So, in other words, CP10's a... a... pig?! Anyone know any famous video game protags that happen to be pigs? :4pacman:
He's not A pig, but doesn't Tomba fight them or something?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Sol Badguy, Viewtiful Joe, Lloyd or Jibanyan?

.n_n.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well ACTUALLY pink is considered a manly color in Japan :4pacman:

But yeah. I think it'd be less "feminine/masculine" colors and more that it's just not on Hayabusa's color palette.
To an extent, I guess I can see what Rie means. I definitely can't see someone like Master Chief or Hayabusa with it just because these characters and franchises don't look like they would fit in with that specific shade.

Like, the only "manly" character I could maybe see using that is Kiryu, and that's because it kinda fits with his well-known white and red color scheme, but even then you usually see him depicted with dark red backgrounds.

1616536080703.png
1616536116942.png

It's less about the color not being "masculine" and more about most characters in that archetype (that I can think of) fitting well with it. Even moreso because lighter colors are more associated with lighter games.

Unless, of course, we're talking Animal Crossing.

1616536365607.png

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To an extent, I guess I can see what Rie means. I definitely can't see someone like Master Chief or Hayabusa with it just because these characters and franchises don't look like they would fit in with that specific shade.

Like, the only "manly" character I could maybe see using that is Kiryu, and that's because it kinda fits with his well-known white and red color scheme, but even then you usually see him depicted with dark red backgrounds.

View attachment 308406View attachment 308407

It's less about the color not being "masculine" and more about most characters in that archetype (that I can think of) fitting well with it. Even moreso because lighter colors are more associated with lighter games.

Unless, of course, we're talking Animal Crossing.

View attachment 308409
Yeah, it's more about the general aesthetic. Ninja Gaiden seems to use darker, bolder colors, or at least Hayabusa's famous reboot design does. It seems to me like he'd only really use black and gray/silver, plus maybe green/blue/whatever his eye color is.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but then you gotta go out and restart the match until you get someone you like. It's easier to just direct the flow in advance so you don't have to keep micro-managing it on the fly.
Not only that but I think it would also be fun for challenge battles with friends that require particular restrictions (think something like "you can only pick a Mario character", "you can't pick any mains", "you can only pick a character from x column", etc.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hopefully this doesn't cause any confusion in the future.

on the topic of final fantasy villain's after sephiroth what would be the next best one?

imo it's kefka but 1-10's villains are all so so strong (for the most part) it could go either way to any of them really, (Ardyn is cool too from what little i played of 15)
...can I shill Jecht now?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

He's not A pig, but doesn't Tomba fight them or something?
Alright I'm convinced, Tomba is Fighter 10. Goodbye Crash Bandicoot!

Just for fun, here is a specials moveset I made for him back in 2019.

Tomba Special moveset.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But yeah it’s close to Arle’s hair color without blending completely, and complements Reimu without making her blend in too much

I have a strong feeling it’s one of them, or at the very least a female character/avatar with female default

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
...can I shill Jecht now?
I just Started FFX so yeah i guess, though i would put Gilgamesh and garland above him seriously garland is one of the best FF villain's he's just not as well known since he was the first villain in the series)

Kuja would be cool, but... i don't think he can compete really even if i think he's one of the stronger villain's.

FF8 spoilers
Squished between sephiroth and kuja ultimacea has no chance, although i haven't encountered her in FF8 yet i don't see possibility for her

I think kefka is pretty likely being one of the most famous FF villains,

Emperor and cloud of darkness are both 0%'s

exdeath isn't getting in over Gilgamesh, Golbez would be cool.

i don't think ardyn would get in before noctis.

gabranth or vanye are just meh

im sure there's a villain in FF13 but they aren't getting in.

but yeah Jecht is cool. even if i haven't seen anything other than art of him.

while i would prefer kuja over him i 100% think the next FF villain (if there's another one) will be Kefka. still i don't think there's a franchise which has a better and more iconic lineup of villains than FF which is why all of them i think have a shot (except for COD and Emperor)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
You know a game I think would fit lighter colors? Taiko no Tatsujin! Here's hoping Don-Chan comes with this absolute banger of a track.

(I saw this **** a few weeks ago, can't believe I finally have an excuse to post it here lol)
Don-Chan would be raw as **** because he'd come with Cruel Angel's Thesis and the Jimmy Neutron theme

7NATOR

Smash Master
I know the math is for fun

I will say that I do believe the possible colors for the background of the next 2 fighters is either Red, Pink, and/or Purple

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Here's a fun discussion topic. What franchises or games have you been introduced to due to Smash speculation?

Ill say this, I have been shown the light in terms of Falcom. While Trails of the Sky and Cold Steel are on my backburner, Ys is fun. Like, real fun. And the soundtrack slaps. Honestly so glad I had it introduced to me.
Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Nier:Automata, and Super Mario RPG. I mean I knew they existed before, but I got into them because of smash speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom