• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Aww, right when I was about to post :(.

Anywho, lets change the subject towards Deluxe Mii Costumes. Do y'all think we are gonna get any more? I personally think at least one more is on the table. If I had to bet, Shovel Knight as a Mii Swordfighter.
I’d say that that’s a good guess.
1615955545241.png
1615955710249.png

I’m holding out hope for Wonder Red and Wonder Blue costumes for Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter. They seem a bit too niche to be added as playable fighters, but given that Wonderful 101 recently re-released on the Switch, maybe Mii costumes are actually possible. They both fit the dimensions of Mii fighters really well. It's possible that they wouldn't be "deluxe" Mii costumes, as the Mii face could fit them relatively well. I just think that having headgear that covers the entire head would go a long way.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I’d say that that’s a good guess.
View attachment 307592View attachment 307594
I’m holding out hope for Wonder Red and Wonder Blue costumes for Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter. They seem a bit too niche to be added as playable fighters, but given that Wonderful 101 recently re-released on the Switch, maybe Mii costumes are actually possible. They both fit the dimensions of Mii fighters really well. It's possible that they wouldn't be "deluxe" Mii costumes, as the Mii face could fit them relatively well. I just think that having headgear that covers the entire head would go a long way.
I considered Wonder Red, but he looks too similar to Viewtiful Joe, who I picked over him as a Deluxe Brawler.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
TRUE

Unless we're talking about Sonic Colors DS that is, that game was fantastic
Colors Wii is like the best 3D Sonic, though.
What are you guys smoking?
Colors is like Generations but with unique levels.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Can’t we just have hot takes without flaming each other...
View attachment 307597 why does mario sports moogle look better than any other version square has made?, anyway moogle would be a good third FF rep, they would represent most games.
I’d unironically love to see a Moogle in Smash. Though I would prefer Black Mage as our FF character that could rep most games.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
View attachment 307598

Y'all take the tone of things a little too seriously. It's just video games. No one's actually killing over them.
That's a ****ing ominous line.

View attachment 307597 why does mario sports moogle look better than any other version square has made?, anyway moogle would be a good third FF rep, they would represent most games.
I think an actual FF character would still be better. It's not like FF lacks options to pick from. I'd also take one of the classic FF classes like Black Mage or Dragoon over a Moogle. Nothing against the guys, I just don't think they'd be as interesting as a fighter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Back to Smash, how do you feel about Assists? I personally think they’re pretty deadzo. If Nintendo or Sakurai really felt it then maybe one could get promoted, but I have little faith in that.
I'm mainly betting on one getting in due to the rise in complaints about them from base game speculation, the hype phase being over, and the constant rule breaking of FP2.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
View attachment 307598

Y'all take the tone of things a little too seriously. It's just video games. No one's actually killing over them.
Ohhhhh if thats the case I hope ████ until ██ ███ beg for ███ and then ████ ███ with a stick! ...did I do that right? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm mainly betting on one getting in due to the rise in complaints about them from base game speculation, the hype phase being over, and the constant rule breaking of FP2.
I was going to say "how did you forget about Spring Man?" and then I realized I didn't remember him until just now either.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
View attachment 307598

I don’t mind people just joking around and I even appreciate when people are able to to have strong arguments/debates with each other, but some posts are clearly just meant to provoke. I’ve always appreciated the chill vibes from this thread, so stuff like that just bothers me.
Back to Smash, how do you feel about Assists? I personally think they’re pretty deadzo. If Nintendo or Sakurai really felt it then maybe one could get promoted, but I have little faith in that.
I always felt that if there was enough fan demand that an assist could definitely happen. Nowadays, it just feels really unlikely. Most of the assists that people would want added don’t really have anything special going on. If we suddenly got a new Golden Sun, or some crazy Waluigi centric game, then maybe? But for these last two FP2 spots, I am definitely not feeling it.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I’m starting to feel as if a line is being teetered over dangerously, watch what you say yall.

-We saw Regular trophies get promoted with the same game in Smash 4 with :4mewtwo::4lucas:
-We saw that spirits were promoted within the same game with :ultminmin:ultpyra: in Ultimate

-We heard from Sakurai that he did consider Rex but ultimately didn't add him due to moveset complications, so Mii costumes were apparently not a problem for FP2

-We saw ATs get another form of representation in the form of the Callie/Mario Mii costumes and the Bomberman Mii costume, showing they are also rethinking ATs when it comes to FP2.

With all this stuff Sakurai/Nintendo were clearly okay with when it comes to FP2, I have a hard time seeing them being stingy with the idea of promoting an AT character into a playable character.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I’m starting to feel as if a line is being teetered over dangerously, watch what you say yall.

At this point I can't see any assist promotions, Not because of the assists themselves, just because I don't think any of the assists are very likely.

I have been thinking of this idea though, Maybe after the pass, We could get 1 extra character in a vein similar to P-Plant obtained through either buying both Fighter's Passes and/or separately for 5 bucks. I was thinking if that were to happen, Waluigi would be a good fit for that role.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I think they're dead and just like most people, I'd enjoy being wrong and depending on which AT they'd choose, I'd be hella excited outside of a weird nerd screaming that the underdogs winning because a majorly popular character might be added

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Ooh, are we sharing inflammatory Sonic opinions?! Me next!

I am absolutely not interested in a new "3D Classic Sonic" game! Because someone already made one! It's called Sonic Robo Blast 2! And I thought it sucked!

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman

I don't think assists deconfirm inherently, I just don't think any of the assists would make it in

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
We never see Johnny Blaze's face in Agents of SHIELD, so far all we know, he COULD be Nicolas Cage! (all we know is that a motorcyclist heavily implied to be Johnny Blaze gave the Spirit of Vengeance to Robbie Reyes)

To get this back on topic, who are some newcomers that would fulfill dream match-ups if they were among the last two characters to get into FP2? (ex. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Tails vs. Luigi, Bowser vs. Eggman)
Itsuki (TMS ♯FE) vs Robin vs Chrom, basically alternate Chrom vs Final Smash Chrom vs Chrom. Another one is Itsuki vs Joker, since both of their games were sort of competing against one or another and if Itsuki has the Joker outfit from the encore edition, then it becomes a Joker vs Joker.

Yuri Lowell vs Wolf vs Terry, the battle of the Wolf. Especially the Yuri vs Terry matchup, Lone Wolf Charge/Dhaos Blast vs Power Wave/Power Geyser or Divine Wolf vs Buster Wolf. Also, Yuri vs Hero, Fatal Strike vs Critical Hit.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Can’t we just have hot takes without flaming each other...
In an ideal world, yes.
-We saw Regular trophies get promoted with the same game in Smash 4 with :4mewtwo::4lucas:
-We saw that spirits were promoted within the same game with :ultminmin:ultpyra: in Ultimate

-We heard from Sakurai that he did consider Rex but ultimately didn't add him due to moveset complications, so Mii costumes were apparently not a problem for FP2

-We saw ATs get another form of representation in the form of the Callie/Mario Mii costumes and the Bomberman Mii costume, showing they are also rethinking ATs when it comes to FP2.

With all this stuff Sakurai/Nintendo were clearly okay with when it comes to FP2, I have a hard time seeing them being stingy with the idea of promoting an AT character into a playable character.
My opinion is while ATs deconfirming is not set in stone, it has not been challenged yet. For me, until we see that an AT was considered for DLc concretely or one shows up, it seems like a potential obstacle. It’s sad, but until it happens at least imo it is a hurdle at least.

Then again, there are only ~5 or 6 ats that I would give a non zero chance for DLC right now so shrugs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ooh, are we sharing inflammatory Sonic opinions?! Me next!

I am absolutely not interested in a new "3D Classic Sonic" game! Because someone already made one! It's called Sonic Robo Blast 2! And I thought it sucked!
Didn't the creator of that get outed as a pedophile and he went "Actually I was possessed by a pedo spirit so it wasn't me" when people found out? This is the third day in a row we talk aboyt awful creators

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Didn't the creator of that get outed as a pedophile and he went "Actually I was possessed by a pedo spirit so it wasn't me" when people found out? This is the third day in a row we talk aboyt awful creators
Wait. What? Who?
I know the guy who created Ren and Stimpy was a pedo.
And we all know Dan Schneider is a pedo.
Like, wtf is up with artists and diddling kids?

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
As someone who has been hired as a game developer and someone who is two months away from getting their BS in Computer Science. This is just nonsense. Bugs are not random. I am not going to compile some code and get errors when nothing has been changed. Characters’ moves and characteristics are almost certainly used to hack together beta versions of new characters, and sometimes some of those quick hacks may cause their sources or some other dependents to be bugged. The dev team certainly “canvases the base characters” as you put it, but that does not prevent bugs from slipping through the cracks. The testing phase is one of the most time consuming and costly parts of development, so you cannot expect the dev team to find every bug they find.

Not every error is necessarily connected to a DLC character, but some of them definitely are. The Mii sword fighter and the Duck Hunt were almost certainly for Hero and Banjo respectively. The Dark Pit and Lucas glitches could be completely unrelated to any upcoming characters, but there is a decent chance that they are. So no, you cannot say that the theory is stupid when there is legitimate precedence for such things happening. Expecting a character because of a glitch is stupid, but speculating possible characters because of that glitch, isn’t.

edit: changed BA to BS, thanks monile
Not random, but they can seem that way. And the Mii Sword Fighter glitch was not connected to Hero, because Mii Sword Fighter wasn't used as part of Hero's development. The only instances where a DLC Base has ever had a major glitch associated with it are Plant and Bo
As someone who has been hired as a game developer and someone who is two months away from getting their BS in Computer Science. This is just nonsense. Bugs are not random. I am not going to compile some code and get errors when nothing has been changed. Characters’ moves and characteristics are almost certainly used to hack together beta versions of new characters, and sometimes some of those quick hacks may cause their sources or some other dependents to be bugged. The dev team certainly “canvases the base characters” as you put it, but that does not prevent bugs from slipping through the cracks. The testing phase is one of the most time consuming and costly parts of development, so you cannot expect the dev team to find every bug they find.

Not every error is necessarily connected to a DLC character, but some of them definitely are. The Mii sword fighter and the Duck Hunt were almost certainly for Hero and Banjo respectively. The Dark Pit and Lucas glitches could be completely unrelated to any upcoming characters, but there is a decent chance that they are. So no, you cannot say that the theory is stupid when there is legitimate precedence for such things happening. Expecting a character because of a glitch is stupid, but speculating possible characters because of that glitch, isn’t.

edit: changed BA to BS, thanks monile
Mii Swordfighter had nothing to do with Hero, Hero's base was Link, and while it's possible that there was a connection, I don't recall Sheik, Link, Ryu or Ike (Or Corrin, not 100% sure here) having any major glitches before the other Fighters Pass 1, so there isn't really any precedent. And yeah you're right, canvasing won't catch all glitches, but the theories usually link these glitches to a major gameplay mechanic that a certain fighter has (Like headshots for Master Chief in the most recent example), so the dev team would have a good idea of not only who's going to glitch, but a decent idea of what the glitch actually will entail. So they almost certainly will catch it.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

Well, this might be a good time to introduce y'all to basically the only reaction image I use regularly.

SecondContact.png

Someone here has that Mokou one, I've got this. It's the only possible response.

...Seriously, though, what?

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
And Metal Face. Rather than why, how? Just, how? I'm more curious than anything.
Going by the old thread, the idea behind the mod was that
the Mechon on the stage is a miniature replica remote controlled by Mumkhar sitting somehere with a headset and mic.
He can control it remotely in the game, so, it's not too far-fetched,
but it's more of an excuse to have him in the game.
A lot of things are added to Remix not necessarily because they make sense (though 4th party characters are excluded and that's why Godzilla won't be there in spite of the mod being very promising), but because there is a mod of high enough quality to do something. Same reason Nu, Zero and Elizabeth Bathory are there, but Ragna, X/Mega Man and Arthoria are absent in spite of being more important. Ragna in particular wasn't made before Nu because at that time, Black Beast effects were somewhat difficult to pull off in 3D with Wii limitations, but that's not an issue anymore.
She’s a stalker like Amy Rose and kind of an obnoxious zoner, so I wouldn’t say she’s super popular
She's nothing like Amy. Amy doesn't kill random bystanders who just happened to be close to Sonic and then kill everyone else miles away from him because she hates everything that exists anyway. Amy doesn't happen to look like Sonic's close relatives to make it extra creepy either.
The part about being an obnoxious zoner is true. She's at her worst in CT, where she was top tier and nobody could deal with her. Was also kinda ridiculous in CPEX, but not as bad because other characters now had more stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom