• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well yeah, but “needs” don’t really factor into character selection. To pretend that it does would imply that there would be a grave consequence if Fire Emblem doesn’t get a newcomer for every new game when really the world would just move on and people would go “Oh, the newest Fire Emblem game doesn’t have a rep”
I feel like that's a bold assumption when, for example, many people are still bummed Hoenn and Unova got skipped over for Pokémon additions to this day, and people who wanted Elma are still upset X got ignored entirely.

Obviously you can't please everyone, but such omissions will always be noticed for franchises that swap out casts consistently. Even looking at Fire Emblem, there are all the fans of Lyn who are still sad that Blazing Blade was skipped.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Honestly, I know we have a lot of FE characters already but, if we could get Anna I'd probably die of happiness. I may be wrong but she's the most recurring character in the franchise and she'd be really fun due to her multitude of roles and classes she's had throughout the series.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'd say keep Robin as well, due to his unique mage moveset, or replace him with a full mage character.

Moving away from their insistence on using the main characters, that always have swords, would help too..like putting in popular side characters like Edelgard, Tharja, etc may have been better due to them not using Swords at all.
I considered it, and in fact prefer Robin to Byleth, but I figured if Lucina stays due to being an echo then Awakening would be adequately represented. Tomes will be missed but it's not like every aspect of every franchise needs to exist in fighter movesets in Smash. We could get Ashley or Marisa or whoever in as a replacement mage archetype character.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'd say we don't really need 3 Awakening reps. I get Awakening is huge for FE for saving the franchise, which is why I can accept 2 characters, but 3 is a bit overkill.

Also, I don't know if Roy really makes. His game, AFAIK, was never really that popular or loved compared to other titles older or newer than it, and Roy himself isn't really popular within the FE fanbase, and might actually be a bit of the opposite just because of how weak of a lord he is from what I hear.
I really like having the Awakening trio. They're echos so they barely count as true fighters. They're just icing on the cake. If there were 3 more unique fighters from awakening, I would agree.

Roy has Smash importance and has become Smash royalty to me and others. Corrin on the other hand really is the only character I truly believe does not fit into Smash. There's nothing that makes him notable to Nintendo or gaming. He feels like a choice that would've been done by the people in charge of PlayStation All-Stars. I really haven't heard anything flattering about his game and FE fans don't seem to like the character. Thanks to Corrin, Byleth was received even worse than she would've been which is pretty unfair.

Corrin is better off cut from Smash. I wouldn't really say that about literally any other fighter we have.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's kind of hard to choose which Awakening reps to cut. There's issues either way:
:ultlucina::ultchrom:: More popular to play as and in general. Are the real main protagonists of the game.
:ultrobin:: The unique one, with a tome-based moveset and a member of the endangered species that is "FE rep whose down-B isn't Counter".

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
There's not much else you can do to represent the newest game in Smash..trophies & Spirits are rather poor representation for a new game and a stage without a character is an odd choice. When you represent the newest game with such things instead of a character, people feel a bit underwhelmed, like the Xenoblade X & Xenoblade 2 fanbase felt about their representation until Pyra/Mythra (and still feel about the lack of Elma).
I mean... that's basically what's happened to Zelda since Brawl. Newer games are represented only with items and stages for the most part. Link getting a new visual look and a new knob added to his down special is pretty much the only thing in the last two games that reflected in characters. Zelda and Ganondorf, as others said, actually went backwards, with Zelda based on ALttP and Ganondorf on OoT.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I wholeheartedly agree. Smash is about all of Nintendo and gaming, not just what just got relevant in March of 2021. You never know how much something like that will last or be remembered until two or three years later...
Which is why a mixture of new & relevant and iconic & popular is the ideal for a Smash Roster..and they've done pretty good job of, bringing in Ridley, K. Rool, Belmonts, Banjo, Terry, Sephiroth, etc alongside newer more relevant characters like Inkling, Incineroar, Joker, Byleth, Min Min, & Pyra/Mythra
We can’t please everyone. There’s plenty of Nintendo franchises that have nothing compared to FE and Xenoblade but they can’t do anything about it.
I know, sadly that's down to popularity and how well what's in Smash adequately represents the series..like I still want Dixie Kong, Ashley, and characters from Golden Sun & Advance Wars
I think FE would benefit the most from a full revamp. Ever since Roy was added in Melee, the reps have been added based on the most recent game in the series. Generally, the main characters rep their games. The main characters of Fire Emblem are the Lords and Avatars, and the Lords and Avatars traditionally wield swords as their main weapon. As a result, we end up with a lot of swords, at the expense of every other weapon type. If we start from scratch, we can bring in some popular supporting characters instead, so they can represent the other weapon types.
Agreed. I'd go with Marth, Hector, Tharja, Tiki, & Edelgard myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One other thing I want to bring up is that, when people say they should focus on popularity rather than importance and add in popular side characters, they're missing something.

Namely that, by and large, the most popular characters in the franchise are the Lords. Of the lords in Smash, you can make the argument that most of Roy's popularity comes from Smash due to his particularly unique circumstances, but characters like Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina are legitimately some of the most popular characters in the franchise, and Byleth could quite easily keep up with them too (despite being significantly less popular than the three House Leaders).

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Eh, I'd say we don't really need 3 Awakening reps. I get Awakening is huge for FE for saving the franchise, which is why I can accept 2 characters, but 3 is a bit overkill.
I mostly agree. Though it was kind of...awkward having both Robin and Lucina when Chrom is generally considered the main character of Awakening. Though I honestly would have been perfectly happy with just Robin.

If I could go back in time, I probably would have just had Marth in Melee, then added Ike (or maybe Lyn) to Brawl to represent the series coming to the West, then add Robin due to Awakening reviving the series, then later add Byleth to celebrate Three Houses success.

Byleth's reveal would have been 1000x better if Fire Emblem wasn't already filled to the brim with clones and had Corrin never existed. Fates absolutely did not need a character (also Azura was clearly the better option).
Honestly I know we have a lot of FE characters already but if we could get Anna I'd probably die of happiness. I may be wrong but she's the most recurring character in the franchise and she'd be really fun due to her multitude of roles and classes she's had throughout the series.
Ann = Transcendence. She is the most futureproof FE rep they could add.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think FE is destined to get cuts in greater proportion than the other series once cuts start happening for real. I imagine Nintendo will want to enforce new games getting a character, but they won't be invested in retaining all the old characters, and thus an above average amount won't get particularly high priority given the volume of the series, the nature of several of the additions, the lack of popularity some of the choices have, and the abundance of clones.

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean, I was aware of Terry and SNK through King of Fighters XIII but I don’t think I would’ve ever guessed Terry in Smash. Most notably because of how uncertain SNK’s future seemed for so long between KoFXIII and KoFXIV. They kind of just disappeared for quite some time and then had a huge resurgence, like within the last 4 years.

That’s no small feat to say that Nintendo either had the foresight to see SNK making a come back or trying to make a new ally and get them back on track but the ACA series launching day one with Switch, the success of KoFXIV, and the succeeding storm of SNK legacy showing up in games like Tekken, Dead or Alive, Smash, Fighting EX Layer, and more is just pure and simple ingenuity.
Also, regarding SNK specifically, we can’t overlook that as far as third parties go, they were probably dirt cheap to license. I mean even Arika acquired Terry, and Fighting EX Layer wasn’t exactly made with a... sizeable budget.
Which is a great point to make - when SNK was bought out in 2015 81 % of the company (Kawasaki's share) was valued at just $63,5 million dollars (Source). A lot of individual video game franchises are valued at $100 million+, which quite a few boasting a $1 billion+ net worth. The disappearance probably had a lot to do with why SNK's value sank to that level.

Now the comeback that SNK made starting in I wanna say 2016-17 might've caught Nintendo's eyes, but it's difficult to say if Nintendo noticed until lets say 2018. Geese's Tekken 7 debut did happen during 2017, so it's fully possible that that caught Sakurai's / Nintendo's eyes. Especially since Bamco do work with Sakurai / Nintendo on Smash. It's not the only thing Nintendo would've noticed - what with SNK porting tons of stuff to the Switch etc. But still, the above mentioned valuation provides a good baseline to say that SNK's stuff were indeed cheap to license.

Also, I don't know if Roy really makes. His game, AFAIK, was never really that popular or loved compared to other titles older or newer than it, and Roy himself isn't really popular within the FE fanbase, and might actually be a bit of the opposite just because of how weak of a lord he is from what I hear.
Roy's the kind of case where the Smash fanbase made him (or his Smash incarnation anyhow) popular. Sure, his Melee incarnation was clearly unfinished and dysfunctional, but significant parts of the fanbase took a liking to him because he was cool. The local :roymelee: guide here at SmashBoards - created in June 2008 - was called...

PH3AR TEH PHIR3

Not kidding, and that's so deliciously 2000s 1337-speak it brings back wonderful and horrible memories. :p

Anyhow, it's clear that Roy did get a fanbase here because of how he played. While I'm not entirely sure if his Japanese playerbase ever was that large (difficult to say since Melee's competitive scene never got going over there as it did in NA, if anyone has links to Japanese forums I'd appriciate it) it's honestly safe to say that his Smash 4 reintroduction was off the back of character popularity.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I really like having the Awakening trio. They're echos so they barely count as true fighters. They're just icing on the cake. If there were 3 more unique fighters from awakening, I would agree.

Roy has Smash importance and has become Smash royalty to me and others. Corrin on the other hand really is the only character I truly believe does not fit into Smash. There's nothing that makes him notable to Nintendo or gaming. He feels like a choice that would've been done by the people in charge of PlayStation All-Stars. I really haven't heard anything flattering about his game and FE fans don't seem to like the character. Thanks to Corrin, Byleth was received even worse than she would've been which is pretty unfair.

Corrin is better off cut from Smash. I wouldn't really say that about literally any other fighter we have.
Funny thing about the Byleth vs Corrin comparison is that, as time goes on, for the former I can see enough people softening their stance on him that they wouldn’t see him as a “completely undeserving FE choice” considering the praise Three Houses has. Don’t get me wrong, people will still think 8 is too much, but I think more people in the future would look at Corrin with harsher eyes as his game is far more polarising than Three Houses and he doesn’t have the “doesn’t take that much time” reasoning of Lucina and Chrom, the
Smash and Fire Emblem popularity of Ike, the “classic nostalgic veteran” status of Roy or the advantage of feeling as fresh as Robin did in the eyes of the Smash fanbase.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
There's not much else you can do to represent the newest game in Smash..trophies & Spirits are rather poor representation for a new game and a stage without a character is an odd choice. When you represent the newest game with such things instead of a character, people feel a bit underwhelmed, like the Xenoblade X & Xenoblade 2 fanbase felt about their representation until Pyra/Mythra (and still feel about the lack of Elma).
so then does Xenoblade have to represent every new game in their series as well? or what about Pokemon?

if Xenoblade Chronicles X and Pokemon Black & White fans are allowed to be underwhelmed than why aren't fans of any Fire Emblem game that was released in the last 15 years?

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I think FE is destined to get cuts in greater proportion than the other series once cuts start happening for real. I imagine Nintendo will want to enforce new games getting a character, but they won't be invested in retaining all the old characters, and thus an above average amount won't get particularly high priority given the volume of the series, the nature of several of the additions, the lack of popularity some of the choices have, and the abundance of clones.
I'm honestly very curious as to how people would react if Corrin was cut. Corrin gets a lot of flack for being the tipping point with FE representation and isn't nearly as celebrated as the other FE characters. But given how passionate people get over cut characters, I have to wonder if people would rally for Corrin to be brought back. A lot of fans did that for Roy and his moveset isn't nearly as interesting Corrin's.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's a shame what happened with Corrin because, to be honest, I think from a moveset perspective they're probably the most interesting Fire Emblem character we've got. The dragon stuff is pretty awesome and they offer some interesting mechanics that I feel are wholly unique to them.

But when you get down to it, there are hundreds of characters who could be refreshing and fun. Corrin's moveset is cool, but their character brings nothing of value (zero personality and not even liked in their own series). Doubling down on same franchise DLC among only six characters in a series that already got two brand new ones in the base game is something that I would raise an eyebrow at even if it was my favorite franchise. There's little excuse for why Corrin specifically was chosen, and it screwed over the reputation of Fire Emblem as a whole in the process.

I feel like normally it'd be odd to linger on the addition of one character for such a long time (it still kinda is) but I feel like Corrin was genuinely a significant turning point in how the community responded to new characters in general.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm honestly very curious as to how people would react if Corrin was cut. Corrin gets a lot of flack for being the tipping point with FE representation and isn't nearly as celebrated as the other FE characters. But given how passionate people get over cut characters, I have to wonder if people would rally for Corrin to be brought back. A lot of fans did that for Roy and his moveset isn't nearly as interesting Corrin's.
Considering people were real pissed about Wolf being added in Brawl because of Sakurai's damned Star Fox bias I imagine Corrin would be missed pretty badly just like Wolf

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People may call me biased here, but like...it's really hard for me to see a realistic scenario where they cut Chrom but keep Robin.

Namely because they'd need to model Chrom anyway for Pair-Up and Robin's victory screen, and that, alongside ease of echo-ability and ballot popularity, was the reason Chrom got in in the first place. Which also puts Chrom in a very weird spot of being the only echo fighter whose continued place in the franchise relies more on a different character than the one he's an echo of, funny enough.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's a shame what happened with Corrin because, to be honest, I think from a moveset perspective they're probably the most interesting Fire Emblem character we've got. The dragon stuff is pretty awesome and they offer some interesting mechanics that I feel are wholly unique to them.

But when you get down to it, there are hundreds of characters who could be refreshing and fun. Corrin's moveset is cool, but their character brings nothing of value. Doubling down on same franchise DLC among only six characters in a series that already got two brand new ones in the base game is something that I would raise an eyebrow at even if it was my favorite franchise. There's little excuse for why Corrin specifically was chosen, and it screwed over the reputation of Fire Emblem as a whole in the process.

I feel like normally it'd be odd to linger on the addition of one character for such a long time (it still kinda is) but I feel like Corrin was genuinely a significant turning point in how the community responded to new characters in general.
Don’t forget that Fire Emblem Fates gets hate within the FE fanbase which doesn’t help Corrin.

Considering people were real pissed about Wolf being added in Brawl because of Sakurai's damned Star Fox bias I imagine Corrin would be missed pretty badly just like Wolf
Difference between the two is that Wolf was highly requested for Brawl whereas Corrin wasn’t for Smash 4. Wolf was more comparable to Mewtwo if anything.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There's not much else you can do to represent the newest game in Smash..trophies & Spirits are rather poor representation for a new game
No they aren't. Spirits are a GREAT choice for characters who's popularity may or may not stand the test of time.

Spirits was good enough for Gen 8(so far), it was good enough for DXM, good enough for Link's Awakening. It's good enough for FE.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
people rallied for Roy to return because he was a fan favorite. Corrin is hated to this day.
wasn't that because he was a """"""""clone""""""""" and people wanted Krystal?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing is, if and when cuts start happening, and Corrin gets cut, it isn't just going to be Corrin that gets cut. There are definitely going to be other series that experience cuts, and indeed perhaps other characters within the same series. Not to mention probable third-parties.

So whoever is clamouring to get Corrin back at that point would probably be drowned out by the cries to get characters back that the fanbase actually liked. I mean imagine how requested any of the third-parties would become were they cut. To that end, Roy was a character liked by the fanbase, despite his unoriginality. Which explains why so many people wanted to see him return.

Cutting characters boosts their popularity, but not every cut character will rest amongst the most popular requests.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In all fairness, Star Fox doesn't have seven other characters and Wolf is a central character and Fox's main rival throughout all of the games. Corrin was the protagonist in a polarizing game and didn't leave a particularly good impression in that game either.

Not to say Corrin wouldn't be missed - every character has their fans. I do think that Wolf's absence left a greater hole in the roster though, especially since the roster has also doubled in size since Brawl.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
wasn't that because he was a """"""""clone""""""""" and people wanted Krystal?
I don't think that'd warrant people going "God I hope he gets cut in Smash 4" only to be sad that he indeed got cut. I know Corrin burned our crops and ate babies alive but every and any character would be missed after getting cut regardless if they were super popular, if this fanbase cared about the literal nobodies known as the Ice Climbers, the fanbase will care about Dragon Lord

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing is, if and when cuts start happening, and Corrin gets cut, it isn't just going to be Corrin that gets cut. There are definitely going to be other series that experience cuts, and indeed perhaps other characters within the same series. Not to mention probable third-parties.

So whoever is clamouring to get Corrin back at that point would probably be drowned out by the cries to get characters back that the fanbase actually liked. I mean imagine how requested any of the third-parties would become were they cut. To that end, Roy was a character liked by the fanbase, despite his unoriginality. Which explains why so many people wanted to see him return.

Cutting characters boosts their popularity, but not every cut character will rest amongst the most popular requests.
Squirtle and Ivysaur were significantly less requested than Wolf despite the latter being somewhat less unique than them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Case in point, the amount of people who wanted Pichu and Young Link back vs Roy and Mewtwo.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No they aren't. Spirits are a GREAT choice for characters who's popularity may or may not stand the test of time.

Spirits was good enough for Gen 8(so far), it was good enough for DXM, good enough for Link's Awakening. It's good enough for FE.
What's good enough for one person isn't good enough for another. Just throwing that out there...

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I don't think that'd warrant people going "God I hope he gets cut in Smash 4" only to be sad that he indeed got cut. I know Corrin burned our crops and ate babies alive but every and any character would be missed after getting cut regardless if they were super popular, if this fanbase cared about the literal nobodies known as the Ice Climbers, the fanbase will care about Dragon Lord
you say that, but how many people wanted to see the return of Pichu, Young Link, Ivysaur or Squirtle?

and people cared about the Ice Climbers because of Smash itself

7NATOR

Smash Master
Besides being Cheap to License

I think also a Big advantage SNK had over the competition was that as Terry was a Fighting game character, his Moveset is very easy to visualize in Smash. Besides his Up air, all of his attacks have originated from any of his Fighting game appearances

Before Negotiations finalize, the Moveset has to approved by the 3rd party company, and I assume because of the advantage listed, plus with SNK being heavy with crossovers and being cheap, that it made Negotiations go by very smooth

DLC was decided sometime after January 11th, 2018, and I don't know if discussions with SNK had already started before that happened, or Nintendo went to Old Companies already involved with Smash and New Companies for potential DLC characters, and SNK was one of the ones that be able to get in

Honestly though, I also never really payed attention to the fact that Terry was SNK's Mascot to be honest. I did think he was important but no so above the other characters it seems. I thought Kyo and/or Iori could have been it to be honest, especially since Kyo hadn't made a Crossover appearance. Kyo and Iori (along with Orochi, and few others) seem to be really popular in Mugen with all the edits they got

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As I’ve been saying earlier, Wolf and Corrin’s circumstances weren’t the same due to the former being a highly requested character for Brawl, so of course people were going to miss him. Corrin doesn’t have that advantage and you are also forgetting that Squirtle and Ivysaur weren’t nearly as requested as other veterans when they were cut so the bolded part isn’t guaranteed.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

This 100%! Like remember back in Sm4sh when Super Mario Maker was represented with a really unique DLC stage? That's about the best way to include that game in Smash. I know SMM is a special case because that game is literally just stages, but the principle applies for tons of other franchises.

For example, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon doesn't really have unique character that could be made into a fighter because they're all just Pokémon that use Pokémon moves. (Though I'm sure Sakurai could come up with something cool using seeds or gravelerocks or other items.) Instead that remake last year could have been represented by a randomized Mystery Dungeon if we lived in a perfect universe or just spirits or music representing the unique parts of that series.

Basically, I think people underestimate the representation that can come from things other than fighters. Spirit battles having references to home games through modifying the battle conditions works well in that regard imo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Squirtle and Ivysaur were significantly less requested than Wolf despite the latter being somewhat less unique than them.
Case in point, the amount of people who wanted Pichu and Young Link back vs Roy and Mewtwo.
Yep

You can usually infer which characters would become more requested than others should they be cut, it isn't always contingent on originality, and Corrin isn't one who'd incite a greater fervour in comparison to... well... most other alternatives.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
you say that, but how many people wanted to see the return of Pichu, Young Link, Ivysaur or Squirtle?

and people cared about the Ice Climbers because of Smash itself
A lot of people. For some reason you seem to think a small portion of the fanbase isn't massive. Let's say only 1% of Smash players will want Corrin back if they get cut. That's still over 228500 people who'd want Corrin back.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The thing about early Fire Emblem, and modern Fire Emblem to some degree, is that the characters follow a formula. Like while you do get some outliers that have differences with their classes, many of them are practically the same gameplay-wise. Not just with their weapons, but in the gameplay role they play. Like you can have easy Echo Fighters of Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Eliwood, Eirika and Alfonse.
And some of the other Lords with different weapons can still have easy Echos too, like Lyn can practically have any Myrmidon character as an alternate or Echo, Ephraim and Dimitri can Echo each other, Hector and Timeskip Edelgard can Echo each other if they don't give Edelgard any magic she can learn, Micaiah is a tougher one due to her light magic, but she could still get an Echo that focuses on similarly styled, but different magic in a sort of Ryu/Ken way(like Micaiah using Light magic and her Echo using Fire Magic that has similar attacks and hit boxes) and Claude can have an Echo of Takumi or another Bow character.

It's not so much that they aren't capable of unique movesets, but it's more that because they follow a formula that has stayed with Fire Emblem, it's just easy to make Echos out of them or for them.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
So does that make Marth and Roy in Melee Shrek 1 and Ike Shrek 2?
It makes more sense with the full quotes

"Corrin is the Shrek the Third to Byleth's Shrek Forever After"

Byleth is a pretty cool and decent character but people hardly give them any love because it's preceded by some bs like Corrin (or FE being overrepresented or some **** like that)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A lot of people. For some reason you seem to think a small portion of the fanbase isn't massive. Let's say only 1% of Smash players will want Corrin back if they get cut. That's still over 228500 people who'd want Corrin back.
Yeah but it is small in comparison to other potentially cut characters' fanbases. That's the kicker. Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Young Link didn't have nearly as much fervor as Mewtwo, Roy, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake did. The former group was significantly smaller and mostly comprised of people who wanted every cut character back, from what I saw, while the latter group was far larger.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's all relative. You can't make comparisons in a vacuum. The amount of people who'd want one of the most unpopular characters back seems like a lot until you compare it to the amount of people who'd want one of the most popular characters back.

Imagine if Square, Microsoft, or Konami stop wanting to cooperate. Imagine what percent of the fanbase would want those characters back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom