• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
At the end he said there are 2 fighter's left. He didn't use the exact phrase "Fighter's Pass 2 is the end"

A third pass seems unlikely but not impossible. same as before the presentation.
I really don't think we are getting further DLC u less Sakurai steps down and has a successor, which still is an option, but I really felt that Sakurai heavily implied there are only 2 videos left done by him for this smash cycle.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Just watch the Lloyd costume come back like all the previous smash 4 3rd party miis without getting upgraded

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A note about figure theory: Rosalina to my knowledge only had a crappy kids toy model before her Amiibo, the sole reason I bought hers is because it was the nicest piece of Rosalina merch at the time. I'm sure a character doesn't need a nice high def figurine to get in.
Well, yeah. For the most part, people are just joking around.

So Sakurai confirmed that Rex was someone considered during Pythra’s development despite already being a DLC mii costume. Interesting.
Yeah, seems like the Mii Costumes, at least in Rex's case, might not have been a big deal after all.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Gotta love Sakurai's nonchalant attitude towards spoilers. There was absolutely no need to reference Nia's blade form, much less get official art for Pneuma specifically made for Smash Bros just for the sake of including her in the spirit board. That's not even mentioning stuff like Zelda/Sheik and Mecha-Fiora.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I really don't think we are getting further DLC u less Sakurai steps down and has a successor, which still is an option, but I really felt that Sakurai heavily implied there are only 2 videos left done by him for this smash cycle.
Yeah that's basically what I said, Unlikely but not 100% impossible and what was said today did nothing in favor or against the idea of more DLC.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Watch this mean that we get a random Non-Namco character for CP10 and we get like Lloyd, KOS-MOS, and all other Namco costumes lol
Honestly, I'm thinking our next Fighter probably has a really good figure, while FP11 is probably a New Fighter from 2020/2021 lol.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to wait for the update to drop to check the website's update item's IDs.

As for Capcom, I'm not sure if I'd really count them out just yet, Sakurai did mention that these Mii Costumes were done to promote Capcom's latest releases, so I think this implies they've got a good relationship with them right now. I've learned to never assume that a character is out of the running after we got Sephiroth. A lot of people, me included, thought that we were not getting a second character from an already represented third party game until it actually happened. That's why I'm not counting out a Capcom character yet, I may not be expecting it as much anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dante or Phoenix Wright show up as one of the remaining two fighters.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Gotta love Sakurai's nonchalant attitude towards spoilers. There was absolutely no need to reference Nia's blade form, much less get official art for Pneuma specifically made for Smash Bros just for the sake of including her in the spirit board. That's not even mentioning stuff like Zelda/Sheik and Mecha-Fiora.
Sakurai: I don't want to spoil this game so there's going to be all of this blur.
Also Sakurai: Also I am going to state this character's name and simultaneously show their similarly colored Pyra/Mythra Puppet Fighter.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I don’t think Capcom is dead, but it’s lost its biggest leg to stand on now that its costumes are all back. However, the Mega Man costumes were already distributed wily-nily so it’s not like it was nerf or nothing when it came to the Monster Hunter costumes. Monster Hunter getting its costumes now would be weird if there was a Capcom fighter coming up next, but I can see them striking when the iron is hot while Capcom is getting a fighter later.

FP2 getting its finality re-emphasized doesn’t bode well for an FP3 and honestly at this point I don’t want there to be an FP3.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
R.I.P Monster Hunter. At least we can say they paid Nintendo to include some Mii costumes now and that Phoenix can still come later. At least, that is what I tell myself.

I'm hyped for Arthur though. I was not expecting him so I'm glad that he got something. Pythra looks cool and I'm hyped for the same day release. But man Xenoblade X and Xenosaga got shafted hard. There was no costumes from them or even from Xenoblade 2 which was shocking and I don't they they even got any music. Oh well.

But in the end, I'm happy with this presentation. I'm still confident in my boys Crash and Phoenix.

Last edited:

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I see Hayabusa as practically a lock at this point. The dude has been rumored up the wazoo and unless there are more first parties, his big competition is a Bamco character and Crash.
He has a decent chance if he gets past the next Mii wave given that he doesn’t really fit what one would expect for an E3like reveal.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Sakurai said a duo Rex & Pyra fighter would've been too difficult to implement, then I think this is a giant blow against Officer Howard for potential future games, since the basically need the Legion + chain system to be in Smash.
They could just function like how Joker does. That's how it works if you don't send out Legion to attack people.

But also Astral Chain got spirit'd post the announcement of the 2nd FP, so they're gone anyways.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I see Hayabusa as practically a lock at this point.
Um, yeah.. a vague negotiation rumor back on Ultimate base game that never stated who's this character is and a port makes him a lock. At least Crash have Anniversary backing him up.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
If Sakurai said a duo Rex & Pyra fighter would've been too difficult to implement, then I think this is a giant blow against Officer Howard for potential future games, since the basically need the Legion + chain system to be in Smash.
Well, I'd imagine by the time we get the next Smash Bros., the system it'll be on will be more powerful than the Switch and should have an easier time handling duo characters.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Sakurai seemed to imply it was a hardware limitation, not a design roadblock. So I would disagree with your assertion.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So do a lot of characters.
You're mistaken, Hayabusa is basically overrated at this point more than ever in such an odd and vague consequences. I would question this to Chun-Li and Eggman too but they just come up on speculation more often after Sephiroth drop.

Last edited:

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
You're mistaken Hayabusa is basically overrated at this point more than ever in such an odd and vague consequences.
I mean, yes. But they have a point when they said anniversaries don’t mean much and don’t guarantee a lock for inclusion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, anyone else notice that in the Mii costume trailer there's now text that gives the age rating of Monster Hunter? I think that's the end of Altair from the game Altair or Vault Boy from Vault Boy nonsense.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Actually nah that completely eliminates the possibility of most League Characters since most don't have proper figures that could be used for Smash, but then again that's not a guaranteed way in soooooooo.....................
Uuuh... yes they do?

I think this theory basically tells us nothing, because every decently popular fictional character under the sun has figures, but there you go.

Mythra has 3 dodges, baybee (including Down B)! I can already see the dodge spam incoming.

Not exactly IMHO:

* To me Myhtra looks a lot like she'll play kinda Meta Knight mixed with ZSS, Sheik and some Mii Brawler. Now I'm mentioning Brawler since her Specials look pretty damn committal as hell (especially Lightning Buster, but also both Up B variants). Confirming and stringing together stuff will be how Myhtra racks up damage, as well as recovering (even if her recovery options are commital).

* Pyra's not only taking after Mr. DORIYAH himself, but her gameplan will likely take some cues from Rosalina (Side B working kinda like sending Luma but covering more of the stage plus her aerials looks like they'll send in similar directions - for example Down Air) and some cues from Link (the Spin). Contrary to Mythra she'll rely a lot more on mindgames, positioning and burst damage.
Meta Knight and Ganondorf, huh. Looks like we got the best and worst of Brawl in a single character.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not putting any stock into the figurine theory. I think Sakurai might be referring to one more character who has a figurine, which means that the other fighter doesn't have to have one. I think this was more of a playful thing. I wouldn't look too far into it. If a character needed a figurine, they could just make one around the time of the release of the fighter. So I don't think not having a figure deconfirms a character.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Well I'm putting all my money on either Yuri or Lloyd for the last FP2 character. No idea who is coming next, however. Crash, Ryu, or a Pokemon come to mind.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean, yes. But they have a point when they said anniversaries don’t mean much and don’t guarantee a lock for inclusion
Well, at least Anniversary has a strong foundation even if it's wrong moreso than a port and "negotiation"

Last edited:

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I'm not putting any stock into the figurine theory. I think Sakurai might be referring to one more character who has a figurine, which means that the other fighter doesn't have to have one. I think this was more of a playful thing. I wouldn't look too far into it. If a character needed a figurine, they could just make one around the time of the release of the fighter. So I don't think not having a figure deconfirms a character.
The theory isn’t exactly “Sakurai NEEDED to get figures for them” it’s more, the figure/figures already existed for purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom