• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I mean... even if that was the case, there's still, what, 155 champions to choose from? That's a far cry from "most are out", like you said. Also doubt the style of figure matters, Sakurai's collection seemed pretty varied.

I don't think figure theory will give us any useful info. It's like Color theory in the sense that it's ultimately right, but tells us next to nothing about who the fighters will be.
Yeah, but those styles are also similar enough to the Fighters original art styles.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
BRUH, THEY CHANGED THE CSS.

WE'RE GETTING A SQUARE NOW AFTER VOL. 2 IS DONE FOR NON-STACKED FOLK.

Edit: I'm dumb, please pass along folks.
I remember when that guy tweeted that he thought MH was next before Sephiroth. Times have changed.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm pleasantly surprised that MH was the one that received the Mii Costumes, not Tales.

MH would've been my E3 2021 guess, but now I'm back to having no idea who it could be. Sega and SNK are the only third-party companies that haven't gotten content in this pass, and honestly, neither of them seem very likely to get a character (not that a lot of people were giving serious consideration to SNK).

Firox

Smash Master
All of Lloyd's friends are dead. He's all alone now. Can he escape death?

View attachment 305856
"They have taken the Bridge and the Second Hall. We have barred the gates, but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes... Drums. Drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A Shadow moves in the dark... We cannot get out... They are coming."

-Geno as Steve, Sephiroth and Pythra approach, probably

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I can't believe how much the Smash team avoids stepping on the toes of old Smash 4 Mii Costumes for some reason.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Y'know, I don't think people are actually buying heavily into Figure Theory. Just a little joke. Big games just get merchandise; There's nothing we can really determine from it.

...It is just a joke, right?
I really, truly hope so. But knowing this fandom anything is possible.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I really, truly hope so. But knowing this fandom anything is possible.
How much does that really narrow down the pool though? Every popular request in the fandom has some form of merchandise Sakurai could use as a reference. Even the Mech Figure Sakurai mentioned still hasn't come to fruition with any character. Or maybe I'm not paying attention.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So given the whole “Unreleased fighters have their figures locked in drawers”

Does that mean it’s a hint that the last two fighters have some kind of statue/action figure released?
Probably not since there’s a lot of Smash characters without figures including Banjo (a good one), Byleth & Min-Min. Much to my annoyance since I’m trying to get 6 inch scale figures of the entire roster.

Buuuuuut, let’s go 2/3 of these guys for the final characters. Or 3/3 with one being a surprise final bonus.

6C540023-33C5-4631-B400-1771192FA148.jpeg

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
And why would that be?
Honestly, it just doesn't seem... Sakurai-esc.

Even when Smash consisted solely of Nintendo characters in 64 and Melee, Sakurai's been relatively conscious about not giving any franchise too much content. Obviously, this didn't mean giving everyone the same amount of characters, stages, etc., but it did mean doing things like passing over the more popular Wario for Mewtwo and Marth to add greater franchise to Melee's roster instead of making it "Mario and Friends".

Now that we're incorporating content from all over gaming's landscape, the logic behind not wanting to give too much love to any individual series extends to the companies that are being represented as well. Of the 7 companies represented in Smash thus far, none have more than three characters, most have at least two characters in Smash, most have 2-5 franchises with representation in Smash (Namco and SNK are the exceptions to these previous two patterns, as they both have one character meant to represent their entire company), and no company has gotten more than one unique newcomer in a wave of characters.

These patterns suggest that Sakurai is trying to balance the representation each company receives so Smash is a true celebration of gaming rather than "Nintendo vs. Capcom plus friends" or "Nintendo vs. Square and some other guys are here".

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I honestly wasn’t expecting only 4 costumes, for all 4 to be Capcom characters, and to not only get back the 2 missing MH costumes, but to get an entirely new one as well. And this on top of Lloyd skipping out again even though he absolutely could have returned here in Arthur’s place or in addition.

I don’t think it necessarily increases Lloyd’s chances (though Concert Leak is probably dead now? so it’s anyone’s guess who the last character is), but the fact that of everyone, Lloyd is the last one standing and didn’t come back with a two-swords-in-one-fighter (technically) character while wielding two swords.

Crash is still super likely though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That confirms the plan, but probably deconfirms Crash in Smash for one reason. Nintendo would be EXTREMELY MAD if Crash in Smash was on the plan. Because that would confirm their E3 Character, and it's pretty obvious Nintendo don't want that so this probably kills Crash lol.
"Sir, a twitter account made a joke that someone can link to Smash!"
Sakurai: "WHAT! THAT'S IT! rips up contract I HAVE HAD IT deletes everything that took god knows how many manhours and money This'll show them!"

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
That confirms the plan, but probably deconfirms Crash in Smash for one reason. Nintendo would be EXTREMELY MAD if Crash in Smash was on the plan. Because that would confirm their E3 Character, and it's pretty obvious Nintendo don't want that so this probably kills Crash lol.
Dude calm down. Crash will be confirmed when he shows up as Fighter #10. Then you can scream in agony.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Or y'know smash just wasn't on the five year document and that 4chan post was fake

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm pleasantly surprised that MH was the one that received the Mii Costumes, not Tales.

MH would've been my E3 2021 guess, but now I'm back to having no idea who it could be. Sega and SNK are the only third-party companies that haven't gotten content in this pass, and honestly, neither of them seem very likely to get a character (not that a lot of people were giving serious consideration to SNK).
Yeah, I doubt another SNK character. But I still think SEGA could manage to get a second character. But who knows. Right now I'm feeling 2 new third party companies, or maybe just one and another first party pick.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
"Sir, a twitter account made a joke that someone can link to Smash!"
Sakurai: "WHAT! THAT'S IT! rips up contract I HAVE HAD IT deletes everything that took god knows how many manhours and money This'll show them!"
I doubt they'd tell a Twitter Intern about a Smash Reveal, so I'm thinking if the plan is real, which it probably is, that Crash in Smash wasn't actually on it, but just made up.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regarding Lloyd, I don't think his absence means anything. He might be the only Mii Costume left, but you also have to remember that Heihachi and Gil have come back by now. Unless they make bundle of costumes consisting of four or five Tales characters, you'd think they'd have saved the other Namco costumes for Lloyd.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Regarding Lloyd, I don't think his absence means anything. He might be the only Mii Costume left, but you also have to remember that Heihachi and Gil have come back by now. Unless they make bundle of costumes consisting of four or five Tales characters, you'd think they'd save the other Namco costumes for Lloyd.
We got Pythra despite the Splatoon costumes coming with Min Min.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have three hypothetical "SharkLord Win" scenarios going on regarding Lloyd's Mii costume.
  1. Lloyd gets promoted
  2. Lloyd Mii with Velvet as the fighter
  3. Lloyd Mii with fellow action-RPG character Adol as the fighter (Admittedly, this one's less solid)
So yeah. I'm flexible with these outcomes.
Scenario 4: Chester's the Ys rep and brings a Lloyd costume
I doubt they'd tell a Twitter Intern about a Smash Reveal, so I'm thinking if the plan is real, which it probably is, that Crash in Smash wasn't actually on it, but just made up.
And they'd tell an intern all the details about everything and not on a need to know basis?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Scenario 4: Chester's the Ys rep and brings a Lloyd costume

And they'd tell an intern all the details about everything and not on a need to know basis?
They would probably only be informed of the Crash on the Run stuff needed for their job, not the Five Year Plan, especially if Smash is actually acknowledged on it, which I doubt considering the account acknowledged the Plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom