• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If anything it seems likely we’ll get a Bamco character that isn’t Lloyd. It might be Yuri or another Tales character, but the company has tons of other options to choose from.
I deadass think there's not going to be any Bamco character. Lloyd's Mii Costume will drop with the Fighter 10 character I bet. Even more so considering this was 100% the Capcom Mii Costume reel.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, any rumor that mentions a Capcom character is officially dead.
I don't see why - it's not like Capcom costumes only come with Capcom characters (like with Square-Enix costumes), and even without Monster Hunter and Arthur, Capcom still has a TON of options. (Phoenix Wright, Dante, Morrigan, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe...)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'm a big fan of the way this went. I really like the MonHun costumes, so it's great to see them back. I never liked the idea of a Monster Hunter character in comparison to other things we could get, so I'm kind of relieved that they're out of the running. I'm also glad the concert leak was able to die as quickly as it did.

I didn't expect Arthur to get anything, so this Mii costume makes me very happy! It's probably the best looking Swordfighter costume so far.

I'm not sure if I'm fully on the "No Capcom characters! No Bamco characters!" train, but if those two companies really are out of the running, then it'll be really interesting to see what happens. I still believe Lloyd has a good shot. Who knows, maybe the Chun-Lloyd rumor will come true? That would be a fun turn of events!

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Well, there's Monster Hunter. Although surprising how the Mii fighter focus was all Capcom. Arthur was a neat surprise.
-Wasn't anything too surprising for the alternate colors. Many of us were predicting a possible Pneuma color after they didn't reveal alts.
-Likely won't be a FP3 by the wording.
-So I wonder how many people are going to be looking up statues/models/figma/etc online and see which characters have such after his comment about getting them to model the 3D fighters.
-What was that update thing for, considering we didn't get shown anything besides the Xenoblade 2 stuff and the Mii fighters?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So given the whole “Unreleased fighters have their figures locked in drawers”

Does that mean it’s a hint that the last two fighters have some kind of statue/action figure released?
Unfortunately we can't really use this information because any character with a modicum of popularity has a figure or statue of some sort

zferolie

Smash Hero
So we can all agree on this.

Concert Theory is dead, Second Chance theory is as well, Capcom characters deconfirmed, whether Lloyd is the only Sm4sh Mii being promoted or next one with the next fighter and assuming the latter the next fighter coming with his Mii might be a Tales rep (Yuri) or another Namco character.
Again, how is second chance theory dead? I never expected a moneter hunter rep even though i feel second chance theory is likely. Its common knowledge the monster hunter team doesnt like their fighters being playable, and sakurai was keen on showing the rathalos as the main rep of the series.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
yikes except for the actual character that presentation sucked. pls fix the stage.

since i don't think yuri will come so im just gonna pin all my hopes on 2B going forward, she's all i have left.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So given the whole “Unreleased fighters have their figures locked in drawers”

Does that mean it’s a hint that the last two fighters have some kind of statue/action figure released?
That hardly narrows it down. Scorpion and Sub-Zero have plenty of figures though. So maaaaaybe things will be dope after all.

scmk-subzero-01.jpg

Look at my dude!

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
How is second chance theory dead? Nothing in here killed it. Monster hunter was not tied to that theory, as for all we know thebmonster hunter team didnt want a playable fighter t alk, and sakurai always planned for rathalos to be the onky rep.

Second chance can stilll be a thing, wr wont know till the future
If anything it’s more alive than ever considering Rex Pyra duo was the first considered concept.

That begs the question: if Namco was getting a character this pass, why did they throw in Heihachi and Gil with unrelated fighters instead of holding them back for it?
This slipped my mind. I’m not sure. If both Bamco and Capcom are really off the table then that really cuts down on the list of potential picks for the last 2 slots.

things are still looking good for Hayabusa and Crash I guess...

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't see why - it's not like Capcom costumes only come with Capcom characters (like with Square-Enix costumes), and even without Monster Hunter and Arthur, Capcom still has a TON of options. (Phoenix Wright, Dante, Morrigan, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe...)
I definitely agree with this. I'm not necessarily expecting to see a Capcom character, but I really don't buy into this idea that Mii costumes from a certain company instantly deconfirm fighters from said company. Sure, that's the way things have gone so far, but it feels like a fan rule waiting to be broken.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, so here's my thoughts:
  • + I loved watching Sakurai geeking out over the game he was talking about
  • + It's nice to see that the Aegis girls' playstyle(s) encourage you to swap between them
  • + Cloud Sea of Alrest looks beautiful!
  • + The Swap move looks like it'll be useful for last-minute dodging
  • + I love all the additional Spirits they added
  • - No other Xenoblade Spirits for the Spirit Board
  • - No other Xeno costumes, for some reason; it's all Capcom, which pretty much buries their chances
    • On that note, I was getting into Ghosts 'n Goblins recently, so Arthur admittedly stung a bit (just as I was rerating him in RTC, too)

D

Deleted member

Released later today; that's cool. They look pretty good, but after watching all that I just can't help but sit back and wonder why we have Echoes. Pyra & Mythra have more differences between them than most Semi-Clones at yet they're the same character slot. Why is it that Dr. Mario needs his own character slot again? Why couldn't he just be an alt costume for Mario with the differed moveset when we've got Pyra & Mythra who are WILDLY different and are combined?

That and the ridiculous power Pyra has are the only things that really stood out to me. They look fun to play and I can see a punch of ridiculous shenanigans occuring (Mythra racking up combo damage like Smash 4 Bayo only to insta-switch to Pyra for an easy KO in a 5 second span). They'll probably be nerfed at some point.

Anyway....March 4th, the 9th character has been released. I look forward to the Mid May teaser for the 10th character (2nd or 3rd week) or maybe E3 reveal with same day drop since that's early June.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
F to Capcom, I'm disappointed that they're not getting a fighter for DLC. I don't think Lloyd's disappearance is weird, he'll get chopped in one of the two upcoming packs. For me Bamco was out ever since Heihachi and Gil were shown as miis in previous packs.

It's ironic how when entering DLC speculation like two years ago the two companies that most people were confident in were Capcom and Bandai Namco.......yet they haven't gotten a single fighter as DLC. Shows how much we know :bowsette:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So Concert Leak is dead and Negotiations Theory is dead considering the amount of Capcom Mii Costumes, so Chun-Li isn't happening.

Well now speculation is a complete blank slate. I don't know where we go from here.
That negotiations leak was obviously fake. Second chance wasnt tied to that at all.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I definitely agree with this. I'm not necessarily expecting to see a Capcom character, but I really don't buy into this idea that Mii costumes from a certain company instantly deconfirm fighters from said company. Sure, that's the way things have gone so far, but it feels like a fan rule waiting to be broken.
It’s admittedly, a pretty fragile “rule”, but there’s been enough of a pattern shown to make me doubt seeing another Capcom character. At the very least, Monster Hunter’s chances are shot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Concert Leak is dead and Negotiations Theory is dead considering the amount of Capcom Mii Costumes, so Chun-Li isn't happening.

Well now speculation is a complete blank slate. I don't know where we go from here.
Whether Lloyd is the only surviving Sm4sh Mii to be promoted to playable or based on the themes of Sm4sh Miis coming with fighters can guess who the fighter could be coming with Lloyd.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe I'm too hopeful, but I wouldn't exactly toss out Capcom as a whole. Since there's still multiple series they could pull from to bolster up Mii Costumes IF they DO get another character. Hell, there hasn't been ANY Street Fighter ones, and you'd think Blanka or M.Bison would be a No-Brainer.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Safe to say Chun-Tails leak is dead. At least for its use in speculation. Back to square 1. Put Capcom to bed, Bamco likely to follow. We’re basically out of already existing third Parties to pull from.

Last edited:

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
Released later today; that's cool. They look pretty good, but after watching all that I just can't help but sit back and wonder why we have Echoes. Pyra & Mythra have more differences between them than most Semi-Clones at yet they're the same character slot. Why is it that Dr. Mario needs his own character slot again? Why couldn't he just be an alt costume for Mario with the differed moveset when we've got Pyra & Mythra who are WILDLY different and are combined?

That and the ridiculous power Pyra has are the only things that really stood out to me. They look fun to play and I can see a punch of ridiculous shenanigans occuring (Mythra racking up combo damage like Smash 4 Bayo only to insta-switch to Pyra for an easy KO in a 5 second span). They'll probably be nerfed at some point.

Anyway....March 4th, the 9th character has been released. I look forward to the Mid May teaser for the 10th character (2nd or 3rd week) or maybe E3 reveal with same day drop since that's early June.
The two are technically considered separate characters (unlike echoes) al la Pokemon trainer’s Pokemon. They are even numbered differently on the official website, with the fact that they share a slot only being a character quirk.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Almost all video game characters of clout have figures. There is nothing that can be pulled from that comment.
Actually nah that completely eliminates the possibility of most League Characters since most don't have proper figures that could be used for Smash, but then again that's not a guaranteed way in soooooooo.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom