• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What does this mean for Lloyd and Tales?

Do you think he'll be among the final two being the only Mii from Sm4sh being saved to being promoted or do you think he'll return as a Mii with the next fighter?
It means we're getting either Yuri or Velvet. Probably Yuri though.

Tfw your second most wanted deconfirms your most wanted
iplcoialdcw31.jpg

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Blades look pretty cool. Gotta say tho, RIP Arthur and I guess Monster Hunter as well. And like most people surmised, Rex was pretty much left strictly to being to hard to implement with both himself and Pyra/Mythra. Since the IC's are pretty much the same, they don't have this issue.

Not sure what it means for the rest of Capcom's stuff though. There's enough to fall back on if they wanted to add another character.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sakurai both tweeted and flat out said "there's only 2 left".
This might be a bit too optimistic, but maybe he/Nintendo is not ready to announce if DLC will continue after FP2? If he said there's only a few left, it would blatantly give it away that FP2 is not the end.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wouldn't say Monster Hunter is dead, per se but it definitely hurt the chances.

Glad he's in but bummed that Arthur didn't come with the Ghosts and Goblins theme.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah no more capcom reps are coming for sure. And also happy concert leak is dead too. I want to be surprised.

The missing lloyd is interesting but i feel they will just toss him in either of the next mii costume packs.

I was a little sad we didnt get 1 xeno mii costume though. I thought kosmos was a shoe in.

I think our best guesses or predictions are tied to second chance now. People who missed out on base game due to long negotiations (steve and possibly sephiroth) or missed out on base game due to timeing (min min and pyra/mythra)

Pillow

Smash Lord
Capcom is ****ing dead. RIP

That being said, Lloyd is anything but confirmed after this. This Mii Costume reel was entirely for Capcom and Sakurai even states it's due to MH: Rise releasing this month. I fully expect Lloyd's Mii Costume to show up in the next Mii Costume pack.

Also, RIP Fighter's Pass 3 happening. Sakurai made it clear here that there's only two more packs.
If anything it seems likely we’ll get a Bamco character that isn’t Lloyd. It might be Yuri or another Tales character, but the company has tons of other options to choose from.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If anything it seems likely we’ll get a Bamco character that isn’t Lloyd. It might be Yuri or another Tales character, but the company has tons of other options to choose from.
That begs the question: if Namco was getting a character this pass, why did they throw in Heihachi and Gil with unrelated fighters instead of holding them back for it?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's kind of funny, the "safest" predictions going into Fighter's Pass #1 were new characters from Capcom and Namco Bandai. Four Fighter Packs beyond what we initially expected to get, Capcom is now deconfirmed in all but name and Namco's hopes rest entirely on Lloyd's increasingly flimsier and flimsier chances.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
So given the whole “Unreleased fighters have their figures locked in drawers”

Does that mean it’s a hint that the last two fighters have some kind of statue/action figure released?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
It's not even the fact Lloyd didn't show up, nothing from Bamco showed up at all despite this being the perfect time to have a mii costume from them, with Lloyd being a popular jrpg protagonist. I'm feeling a bit more confident in Bamco getting something this pass.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So Sakurai did consider Rex, but didn't want a repeat of the work required for the ICs.
With this, I think the idea that ATs and Mii Costumes not being promoted is pretty much dead. This is the second time Sakurai gave another reason entirely for these characters' exclusion.

Sure we might not get a promotion, but that's just based on the fact that Sakurai didn't want/couldn't make these caracters, not because they're ATs/Miis.

Sakurai being horny on main
I cracked up hard when he asked who everyone would choose.

I know damn well what these "fighter preferences" mean, Sakurai. :roll:

WELP MONSTER HUNTER IS DEAD
Well there goes Capcom
I think Capcom in general is dead if the non-MH costume is also from a Capcom game.
I think so as well. Not only did we get MH back, but also a Capcom costume from an entirely different series.

At this point, the only ones still in the running would be Dante and Phoenix, and I'm not sure about their chances anymore.

zferolie

Smash Hero
A moment of silence for the second chance theory.
How is second chance theory dead? Nothing in here killed it. Monster hunter was not tied to that theory, as for all we know thebmonster hunter team didnt want a playable fighter t alk, and sakurai always planned for rathalos to be the onky rep.

Second chance can stilll be a thing, wr wont know till the future

SNEKeater

Smash Master
****. Looks like no Capcom for Pass 2.

The only thing that makes me think they still have a chance is that Sakurai said, after the Mii Costumes were presented, that we got 4 Capcom costumes because Monster Hunter Rise is coming soon, so maybe Capcom wanted some costumes to appear now and capitalize the recent release of Ghost n Goblins Resurrection and the new MH game.

But yeah, still unlikely. As for Pyra and Mythra, they look great and the music selection is great. No Xenoblade X music is sad though.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So it seems Mii Costumes don’t disconfirm, unless they’re from after plans were already made; instead, the fighters aren’t chosen due to other factors, such as them considering Rex but their idea would’ve been more complicated than the Ice Climbers, so they decided to go with a Zelda/Shiek approach instead.

Of course, promotions still feel unlikely, but at least this shows past content existing doesn’t mean they’re not gonna happen ever, as Rex was almost promoted, leaving the possibility open.

Aside from that, the characters look cool and fun, and Sakurai continues to be cool and funny. Good presentation! Joining Sakurai on Team Pyra.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So we can all agree on this.

Concert Theory is dead, Second Chance theory is as well, Capcom characters deconfirmed, whether Lloyd is the only Sm4sh Mii being promoted or next one with the next fighter and assuming the latter the next fighter coming with his Mii might be a Tales rep (Yuri) or another Namco character.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So given the whole “Unreleased fighters have their figures locked in drawers”

Does that mean it’s a hint that the last two fighters have some kind of statue/action figure released?
That doesn't really narrow things down that much because figures and statues and all that stuff are really common with games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom