• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
IIRC The Pokemon poll was both botted and affected by Japanese meme accounts, which is why stuff like Barbarcle and Whismur placed high. Magnemite is legitimately popular in Japan though.

I'm surprised to see Inteleon take the most popular Galar starter spot!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, seeing as the voting occurred on Twitter, there was likely memes involved (Magnemite's placing) or just overall organized/mass voting in general. But I guess that still contributes to "popularity". Dedenne first is still kinda surprising though.

Inteleon over fire rabbit for Galar gives me life.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I've always thought the spy lizard was really cool. It made me sad to see how disliked it was. While I'm sure the poll was very botted, I hope this is a good sign that Inteleon is starting to pick up appreciation!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I've always thought the spy lizard was really cool. It made me sad to see how disliked it was. While I'm sure the poll was very botted, I hope this is a good sign that Inteleon is starting to pick up appreciation!
Inteleon's actually very popular in Japan. There was a Famitsu poll from less then a year ago that placed it as the 4th most popular Pokemon of Galar, and it seems to have a very positive reception and gets a lot of attention. I did think it'd fall off a bit due to the anime not really using it until recently, but it seems that its popularity has held strong over the past year.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'll say it here but.
Be warned, PracticalBrush12 probably just leaked the stuff that is going to be announced in the Pokémon Present, I allow myself to post it here, just so no one get surprised, and hopefully no one ruins the surprise for anyone.
I already know a certain gal here who's going to scream in rage if part of that leak is true lol.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I'll say it here but.
Be warned, PracticalBrush12 probably just leaked the stuff that is going to be announced in the Pokémon Present, I allow myself to post it here, just so no one get surprised, and hopefully no one ruins the surprise for anyone.
Welp, I can't decide whether I want to look or not

Eh I'll probably just look tomorrow after I see the Presents, it's only 5 hours away anyway

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, you can get the same "shake-up" if we get a MH Rise spirit event at the end of March, except in this scenario the other Capcom candidates don't have to "die" for the sake of subverting expectations.
So remember that Pokemon poll from earlier? Well we just got the results and while there's no big changes, we did get Galar's results and guess who beat the bunny?

That's right, it's time for Dracovish to rend the competition!

To be honest, I'd feel in that scenario we should still be wary. There is the possibility of a Spirit Event for Rise as we just saw with Bravely Default 2, and there is also the possibility that they're holding it for another set entirely. It would look more viable if it survives the next set, but it's not completely safe either as there are still scenarios that can deal a harsh blow to it.

Edit: :ultgreninja: on the Spirit Event point.
So then

What happens if both the Monster Hunter Miis skip this wave(Which is likely with or without them being playable)

AND

Rise doesn't get a spirit event?

Both events happening are very likely, expected even tbh, with or without MonHun being playable, but imo, even if it doesn't 100% confirm anything, it would be a little suspicious if we go through all of March and no Spirit event.

Yes, not every game gets one, but no spirit event, and no mii costumes? That would be very odd.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I am not surprised that Inteleon is huge in Japan. It's very similar to Greninja design wise, and I can imagine that the suave spy theme is to Japan what ninjas are to us.
The real surprise is that freaking Buzzwole trashed Mimikyu and Rowlet in terms of votes.

TraaP

Smash Cadet
B452B917-D8A0-4B19-85A7-72E5C26F82A2.png

5BCDC5EB-CBE9-44AC-A293-67E26B398185.png

I really don’t believe in the concert leak, as I’ve been predicting Rex & Pyra for CP9 for ages & thought that counterattack was the best song for their reveal trailer - disappointed/surprised that it was barely in it.

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
I'll say it here but.
Opened up Reddit and the first thing I see is of course this exact leak. Don’t much care either way but I thought it was kinda funny. If you do care however show an ounce more hesitation moving about for a bit

Staarih

Smash Master
Opened up Reddit and the first thing I see is of course this exact leak. Don’t much care either way but I thought it was kinda funny. If you do care however show an ounce more hesitation moving about for a bit
Yup, accidentally saw it myself too. Though I don't personally mind leaks so oh well. The news will be out in like three-ish hours anyway once the presentation airs.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 305179
View attachment 305181
I really don’t believe in the concert leak, as I’ve been predicting Rex & Pyra for CP9 for ages & thought that counterattack was the best song for their reveal trailer - disappointed/surprised that it was barely in it.
Where's that from?

Anyways, fake just like most leaks have been.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Considering Dante was still talked about earlier, I thought I'd put my own thoughts about it considering I want Dante.

After two of the most recent characters have been from series that already had representation in the base game, I think Dante's chances have severely lowered and I'm pretty much expecting Monster Hunter at this point for the Capcom rep. That said, if Monster Hunter gets Mii Costumed or Spirit Evented, I think Dante has a very nice shot at happening, though I might end up going with Alpharad (Considering he's gotten all three characters since Min-Min right so far) and suggesting that the final fighters are Crash and Eggman.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I definitely do think Monster Hunter is plausible only its the Rise design while the Miis with the Rathalos Armor and whatever the other one is comes with him/her.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm really not sure what to expect for the last two at this point.

One of them at least will be third party. That's all I got. As close to a proper prediction at this point as any I guess.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm really not sure what to expect for the last two at this point.

One of them at least will be third party. That's all I got. As close to a proper prediction at this point as any I guess.
And if the trend is anything to go by based on how this Pass is content left out of Base game, the same should go for the last two as well.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
TBH if the MH outfits come back with Pyra/Mythra I feel like that would be a nearly fatal blow to the chances of any Capcom character this pass.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I won't spoil the Pokemon stuff for those that are waiting for the presentation, but it is certainly an interesting idea.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If you include Pirahna Plant, we've gotten two third parties for every first party so far
[Pirahna Plant - Joker - Hero] - [Banjo - Terry - Byleth] - [Minmin - Steve - Sephiroth] - [Pyra Mythra - ??? - ???]

Does this mean anything? No, it's just my primate brain's pattern recognition at work. Still...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If you include Pirahna Plant, we've gotten two third parties for every first party so far
[Pirahna Plant - Joker - Hero] - [Banjo - Terry - Byleth] - [Minmin - Steve - Sephiroth] - [Pyra Mythra - ??? - ???]

Does this mean anything? No, it's just my primate brain's pattern recognition at work. Still...
If this pattern holds up then both CP10 and CP11 will be third party.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
bit late but Sony is closing their Japan studio? Man... RIP Ape Escape and Dark Cloud, two franchises significant to my youth...

hoping Nintendo or Microsoft buy those IPs esp since Microsoft is doing better in Japan now

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Objection!

Piranha Plant ain't part of Pass 1 so this means nothing!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm surprised to see Inteleon take the most popular Galar starter spot!
I'm not. He's far and away the coolest one. He's got ACTUAL WORKING FINGER GUNS, a KNIFE IN HIS TAIL, he can turn his arms into a flying squirrel suit, he's got membranes in his eyes that allow him to do a billion things, the dude's a living multitool.

And if all that isn't enough, then he grows a bajillion feet tall and TURNS INTO A SNIPER TOWER!

Little Bunny Foo Foo kicking around a fire ball ain't got NOTHIN on Inteleon.

Of course... I might be biased :)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So... prior to this Pokemon Event here... how's about some Smash spec!

A bit of a fanfic of sorts yeah? Just kinda... throw the idea out there. Sure to irritate somebody, but I'm gonna do it anyway because I'm a maniac!

A big bad Marvel What If Scenario: What if Fighter #11 is a Galarian Pokemon Trainer? The twist being that the LAST character is actually THREE characters! The other twist being that ALL THREE of these characters are fully evolved stages with Gigantamax Factor to boot! (The base forms, Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble were spirited. Didn't say nothin about the Final Forms). Y'all were arguring about WHICH would wind up in Smash, but then it turns out it's ALL THREE OF EM!

Too Tall Jones.png

Gloria is the main one due to popularity, though that loser I mean uhhhhh Victor can be an alt like Leaf is to Red.

Plus... y'all wrote off Pokemon because of the SwSh spirit event... but as the 25th Anniversary shows... one does not simply GET RID of Pokemon. Pokemon... will never be a memory.

This is just meant for a bit of fun, don't take it too seriously. It's a Marvel What If.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
that's not it, i just don't think Xbox will ever find a place in the market, are they going for n FPS niche? that's already covered by PC.

NIntendo won't make the same mistake again now that some of the people pushing for more change are gone, Furakawa going by raw number's has been the best president Nintendo has ever had, i doubt he would do anything other than switch 2 under him Nintendo has had it's best stock, sales, DlC and third party relations. he won't be the president to mess up a console launch, a lot of that was the marketing as well, however those people are likely gone, the president in between iwata and furukawa said that he believed the wii u would be a great failure for Nintendo, and he was right. he had a job in north american marketing for NIntendo and the switch launch under him had the best marketing nintendo has ever had, we aren't talking about a wii success here, we're talking about something more on the levels of the ps2.
Yeah, we both got cocky, sorry.

Otoad64

Smash Lord

A bit of a fanfic of sorts yeah? Just kinda... throw the idea out there. Sure to irritate somebody, but I'm gonna do it anyway because I'm a maniac!

A big bad Marvel What If Scenario: What if Fighter #11 is a Galarian Pokemon Trainer? The twist being that the LAST character is actually THREE characters! The other twist being that ALL THREE of these characters are fully evolved stages with Gigantamax Factor to boot! (The base forms, Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble were spirited. Didn't say nothin about the Final Forms). Y'all were arguring about WHICH would wind up in Smash, but then it turns out it's ALL THREE OF EM!

View attachment 305190

Gloria is the main one due to popularity, though that loser I mean uhhhhh Victor can be an alt like Leaf is to Red.

Plus... y'all wrote off Pokemon because of the SwSh spirit event... but as the 25th Anniversary shows... one does not simply GET RID of Pokemon. Pokemon... will never be a memory.

This is just meant for a bit of fun, don't take it too seriously. It's a Marvel What If.
honestly this would be the best scenario for a Pokemon imo

D

Deleted member

View attachment 305190

I'd like it lol; though its a little too similar to the Kanto Pokemon Trainer.

Sure, the Avatar is better for Galar, but all 3 are starters, their play-styles would likely mirror each other:
Squirtle/Cinderace = Speedy Lightweight
Ivysaur/Intelleon = Midrange Middleweight
Rillaboom/Charizard = KO Finisher Heavyweight

And they'd all switch out on the fly.

Give me the Galarian Trainer with Rillaboom, Toxicitry, and Dragapault instead!
Rillaboom = Slow Power Smasher (basically a Drumstick-wielding Donkey Kong)
Toxicitry = Effects Brawler (smash attacks have Electric Effect; Specials have low power, but continuous damage like Eiha/Eigon)
Dragapault = Zoner (Quick Projectiles, evasive despite sizeable body, little-no options up close)

You could vary their playstyles, but still have all of them be Medium or Heavy Weights (probably Medium since it seems we have a lot of Heavies)

Last edited by a moderator:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I'd like it lol; though its a little too similar to the Kanto Pokemon Trainer.

Sure, the Avatar is better for Galar, but all 3 are starters, their play-styles would likely mirror each other:
Squirtle/Cinderace = Speedy Lightweight
Ivysaur/Intelleon = Midrange Middleweight
Rillaboom/Charizard = KO Finisher Heavyweight

And they'd all switch out on the fly.

Give me the Galarian Trainer with Rillaboom, Toxicitry, and Dragapault instead!
Rillaboom = Slow Power Smasher (basically a Drumstick-wielding Donkey Kong)
Toxicitry = Effects Brawler (smash attacks have Electric Effect; Specials have low power, but continuous damage like Eiha/Eigon)
Dragapault = Zoner (Quick Projectiles, evasive despite sizeable body, little-no options up close)

You could vary their playstyles, but still have all of them be Medium or Heavy Weights (probably Medium since it seems we have a lot of Heavies)
My idea for a Second Pokemon Trainer is bringing in Giovanni as a Villain Trainer lol.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel like I'd enjoy a Sinnoh PT in the form of Cynthia, that'd be a pretty unique take on another Pokemon Trainer character and it'll get Garchomp in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom