• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
another fun question to hopefully stir up some new names: what is the absolute most obscure, least known character you can think of that you want in Smash?
906498D5-DD0E-401D-B693-88897CD10E30.jpeg

Not my first pick for a fighter. But they’re obscure, important to Nintendo, and Sakurai gets to do whatever he wants with the moveset.
Hes also just really cute.
DFFC3A38-56DE-400C-BC9A-B77B65EDB91B.png

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
honestly gramp's back is a huge L as far as stages go. literally any continent other than Gaur-motti Grass Plains would've been great since Xenoblade biomes tend to be varied and interesting.
i think olethro ruin's or alba canavich would've been better.

especially since you spend a whole 5 minutes out of a 100 hour game on gramps's back.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
i think olethro ruin's or alba canavich would've been better.

especially since you spend a whole 5 minutes out of a 100 hour game on gramps's back.
Yeah, it exists for all of one chapter before coming back at the very end of the game so it's bit of a weird choice. On that note, Gramps isn't part of Rex's new model since he's the stage now. So that's a detail.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I saw someone on Twitter saying how there should be way more gunner characters instead of swordfighters, and yet I feel gun-using characters are the ones I find the most annoying and least fun to fight as an opponent so I'd rather see less of them. I suppose that's a meta v. gameplay issue.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Are you saying you won’t touch it with a thirty nine and a half foot poooooole?
Thats a very specific distance but yes. I definitely don’t wanna touch Twitter with a 39 and a half foot pooooole. At the end of the day, all I’m saying is this.
97164774-186F-4DEC-BDFB-B2CB8485FE85.jpeg
I don’t know what that means but if I didn’t post it the voices would get louder.

...Yeah, this is definitely the weirdest bit I’ve ever done.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thats a very specific distance but yes. I definitely don’t wanna touch Twitter with a 39 and a half foot pooooole. At the end of the day, all I’m saying is this.
I don’t know what that means but if I didn’t post it the voices would get louder.

...Yeah, this is definitely the weirdest bit I’ve ever done.
I think they mean a position of prayer; y’know, praying to Jesus while on your knees, though of course you could be sitting down or whatever, not necessarily on your knees.

This is the first time I’ve heard of Adventists though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Just to ask, does Luigi's Mansion 3 even have substantial amount of New potential spirits that could used?

Pillow

Smash Lord
I saw someone on Twitter saying how there should be way more gunner characters instead of swordfighters, and yet I feel gun-using characters are the ones I find the most annoying and least fun to fight as an opponent so I'd rather see less of them. I suppose that's a meta v. gameplay issue.
Guns don’t have to mean campy. Inkling is a gun using rushdown character. Joker can play campy but he’s not really a zoner.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
It's weird to think that Duck Hunt is technically an FPS character.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think light gun is considered a separate genre or at least sub genre of FPS. I think the main difference being in an FPS you play from the perspective of the guy with gun, in a light gun game you ARE the guy with gun

7NATOR

Smash Master
There are more than enough enemies and bosses to give us 4 new spirits. At the very least, they could just randomly include Hellen in a random spirit event like Peachette.
Well in that case, I do think Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits being missing could be kind of suspicous. At the least add Gooigi Spirit

I do see people say perhaps it's being saved for a Character like Waluigi, despite him not being in the game, and King Boo to a very lesser extent

I.D.

Smash Lord
Nintendo obviously paid for Sephiroth in Spirit Event promotions so I'm looking forward to the SaGa Frontier event in April

Shroob

Sup?
So with Pokemon **** this week, and a new Spirit event in a couple days, I guess we'll probably hear about P/M next week(Unless they literally drop the Sakurai presents announcement in a few hours from now).

Question is, if it is next week, will they drop that same week, or later?

A thing I've noticed, is that while reveals via Sakurai Presents-only have always had the character usually launch a week out, from everything that I can see, unless I'm missing something, characters revealed originally in Directs and THEN followed up by a Sakurai Presents almost always drop "After the presentation."

Was this way for Hero, Banjo, and Terry, and I'm not counting Joker since he didn't get a full-on Sakurai Presents, but bending the rules a bit, he works too.

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
another fun question to hopefully stir up some new names: what is the absolute most obscure, least known character you can think of that you want in Smash?
Luke from Buddy Mission BOND. This character is recent and obscure in the sense that his game hasn't release in the west yet and no confirmation of a English localization for now. I hoping for a Corrin situation where the character have his game release in Japan first, but not else where at the time.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Would a hypothetical Echoes Fighters Pass come with Spirit Boards? Maybe if the characters all dropped together we'd get a joint board with 2-3 spirits each?

Staarih

Smash Master
Glad to see we're getting new spirits again. They're one of the only reason for me to boot up the game these days haha, apart from when new fighters are added. I seem to rarely have a convenient spot to play Smash, but new spirit events at least force me to boot it up and I end up venturing to other modes and playing more than intended.

LM3 had plenty of material for a Spirit Event, but it just never got one for some reason.

I doubt it means anything. Not every game will see a Spirit Event, and I guess LM3 just so happened to be one of them.
But, you see, "there's no reason for it" is not an acceptable answer in Smash speculation, everything must happen for a reason!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'd love to see King Boo. A ghost character intrigues me, particularly if they end up with some sort of auto-vanish that lets them dodge a move here and there (and of course, give the character drawbacks such as really light weight or poor mobility or something to balance it out).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would a hypothetical Echoes Fighters Pass come with Spirit Boards? Maybe if the characters all dropped together we'd get a joint board with 2-3 spirits each?
If its Protoman and a few extra Robot Master fights, I'm down. Those were some of the most fun of the Spirit Matches.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think light gun is considered a separate genre or at least sub genre of FPS. I think the main difference being in an FPS you play from the perspective of the guy with gun, in a light gun game you ARE the guy with gun
Eh we're splitting hairs at this point. I mean plenty of FPS games got put onto the Wii with motion control capabilities, and we still consider those FPS titles. At the end of they day it's still about aiming the recital and shooting, regardless of if you do it with a mouse, a control stick or a fancy remote.

And yes the Metroid Prime trilogy are FPS games. Games can have more then one genre I will die on this hill.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'd say Sgt. Cortez but he isn't the most obscure character I can think of.

That would go to Jericho Cross from DarkWatch

Jericho Cross.jpg

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd love to see King Boo. A ghost character intrigues me, particularly if they end up with some sort of auto-vanish that lets them dodge a move here and there (and of course, give the character drawbacks such as really light weight or poor mobility or something to balance it out).
A ghost character would be super interesting. Or rather, for the longest time I've pondered about a constantly floating/flying/levitating character in general. I always figured a Pokemon would best fit the bill (something like Poipole if only it was still relevant), but King Boo works too. Would be quite curveball pick though haha.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hmm... Guess I'll go with Shiren the Wanderer.
Dunno if I'd call Shiren obscure. Niche, maybe, but not obscure. The latest game did get quite a bit of coverage, I think. It also crossed over with games like Terraria and Crypt of the Necrodancer, so it was already notorious enough before then.

I actually gave the wiki a quick read and... damn, I think Hero's RNG would have suited someone like Shiren a lot better imo.

Calane

Smash Ace
Dunno if I'd call Shiren obscure. Niche, maybe, but not obscure. The latest game did get quite a bit of coverage, I think. It also crossed over with games like Terraria and Crypt of the Necrodancer, so it was already notorious enough before then.

I actually gave the wiki a quick read and... damn, I think Hero's RNG would have suited someone like Shiren a lot better imo.
Never seen him talked about much in Smash speculation, so I figured that he'd be pretty obscure around here. I don't even think he has a support thread. I may have been mistaken, though.

My bad, I guess.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Maybe I'm just too old these days but it does bum me out a bit how little people care about RARE IP's these days. I made a topic over at GameFAQs about which character people would want if RARE ever got a second character and it was a little depressing how many of the responses were that they had no interest in RARE ever getting another character (that and it didn't get many responses overall). I'm guessing it's because most Smash fans are too young to really remember when RARE was great.

I hear a lot of complaints over anime style characters so I would figure a RARE character would be a welcome break from these types of characters. JRPGs are my favorite genre so I don't really mind the amount of characters but it would be nice to spread out the representation a bit.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Never seen him talked about much in Smash speculation, so I figured that he'd be pretty obscure around here. I don't even think he has a support thread. I may have been mistaken, though.

My bad, I guess.
To be fair, a lot of relatively mainstream games don't. General popularity doesn't necessarily equal a lot of people actively asking for it in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom