• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Alright next week! Whose looking forward to the next slaughter of characters being Mii'd!
It'll be really interesting this time as while it's the 4th (and 5th) character from a JRPG it'll be the first Nintendo one, and one with three costumes in the game already even. I'm betting there won't be a lot of Xenoblade costumes which opens the doors to a lot more gutpunch disconfirms from other series.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m praying Hayabusa is safe from the Miipocalypse this time because I’m expecting it to focus on the Xeno series which could entail Namco’s Xenosaga which could lead into Namco’s Tales of Series which could mean Lloyd getting Mii’d and even then THAT ****ING SUCKS

We’ll see though. Fingers crossed for Hayabusa and pulling for y’all’s characters as well. Hopefully it’ll just be Xeno characters. Hopefully.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I do think a case can be made for the Battletoads though. They were RARE's first major success in gaming and would make a great retro NES rep. They haven't been totally forgotten over the years, showing up as a cameo in Shovel Knight and Killer Instinct and got a new game last year, even if it wasn't the greatest thing ever.
Your not wrong about that, Battletoads would be great fit for a game like Super Smash Bros.

But the reason I think Banjo-Kazooie was the most popular Rare character for Smash was because they were the most successful "Original" IP that Rare created and were released around the same time Smash 64 debuted and I would also magine that Banjo-Kazooie resonates more with Smash fans than Battletoads is because while Battletoads was Rare's 1st major hit back on the NES in 1991 it was created when Rare was still 3rd party as they also released it on the Sega Genesis, Where as Banjo-Kazooie was created when they were Rareware (2nd Party) and felt more like a "Nintendo Original" among other Nintendo All-Stars like Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu that made them feel like they should have been in Smash all along.

f7907cdd-935b-41b9-a21f-74e79ef78456.jpg

Nintendo and Rare knew what they were doing with this picture and with the crowd cheering in the background.

5d0001d26fc920285f11bd62.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Well, this was unexpected! What a strange time to announce it, a week and a day before the presentation. A 9AM presentation also hints at an immediate release. I guess we're counting down the days for Lloyd's costume and possibly the Monster Hunter outfits to come back, but mostly I just want to see Sakurai happy and my friends happy that a game they love is in Smash.

I hope we get a crazy Mii costume this time, maybe a Mortal Kombat ninja that changes colors.
I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction of Hollow Knight, Quote, and Ori as a triple set of Deluxe Mii costumes for each Mii type.

I’m partly expecting the character to release pretty close after the presentation like either day in or the following days. Dunno why I think that but I feel it.

Edit: it may be because it’s relatively short, shortest since Banjo right? And they were done the same way. Released the day of.
Yeah I'm feeling it'll be a same day release as well

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Your not wrong about that, Battletoads would be great fit for a game like Super Smash Bros.

But the reason I think Banjo-Kazooie was the most popular Rare character for Smash was because they were the most successful "Original" IP that Rare created and were released around the same time Smash 64 debuted and I would also magine that Banjo-Kazooie resonates more with Smash fans than Battletoads is because while Battletoads was Rare's 1st major hit back on the NES in 1991 it was created when Rare was still 3rd party as they also released it on the Sega Genesis, Where as Banjo-Kazooie was created when they were Rareware (2nd Party) and felt more like a "Nintendo Original" among other Nintendo All-Stars like Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu that made them feel like they should have been in Smash all along.

View attachment 304926

View attachment 304930
Back before B&K's reveal, I used that beautiful N64 box art as the biggest evidence for them deserving to get into Smash. It's hard to argue that Banjo's "more of a Microsoft mascot than a Nintendo one" when he's literally on the console's box standing toe-to-toe among first-party titans.

Alright next week! Whose looking forward to the next slaughter of characters being Mii'd!
I swear I'm not trying to be the edgy kid in class, but I'm personally hoping that it's relentless. Lloyd? Monster Hunter? Hayabusa? Dante? Mii costumes, all of them!

Not because I hate those characters or want their fans to suffer. I'd just much rather have more hard deconfirmations so that we can chip away at the list of characters we keep discussing in our echo chamber. Deconfirmations can suck, sure, but they're also the biggest way to shake up the speculation scene and keep reveals exciting and fresh.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only one I'm fairly certain of is Lloyd.

Xenoblade is related to Xenosaga which is Namco in turn Tales is. The fact he also wields two dual swords and both Pyra and Mythra are duo blades that Rex uses in battle.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Would a hypothetical Echoes Fighters Pass come with Spirit Boards? Maybe if the characters all dropped together we'd get a joint board with 2-3 spirits each?
I would think not. Given that anything getting an Echo is likely already fairly well represented in Smash.

What if they make KOS-MOS a Xenoblade spirit? How would you guys react.
Relieved.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
TBH I hope we don't just get Xeno Miis and returning costumes, I wanna see some more weird ****. Sephiroth's Mii wave was fine but it was also extremely predictable - we haven't really had any real surprises since Steve. I'm not just talking Sans/Vault Boy-level of mindblowing stuff either, it'd also be nice to see more lowkey, Goemon/Altaïr-level nice surprises

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I swear I'm not trying to be the edgy kid in class, but I'm personally hoping that it's relentless. Lloyd? Monster Hunter? Hayabusa? Dante? Mii costumes, all of them!

Not because I hate those characters or want their fans to suffer. I'd just much rather have more hard deconfirmations so that we can chip away at the list of characters we keep discussing in our echo chamber. Deconfirmations can suck, sure, but they're also the biggest way to shake up the speculation scene and keep reveals exciting and fresh.
To be fair everyone's been declaring Lloyd to be dead for a while anyways. If anything, he'd be the one person to live according to this criteria.

Pillow

Smash Lord
TBH I hope we don't just get Xeno Miis and returning costumes, I wanna see some more weird ****. Sephiroth's Mii wave was fine but it was also extremely predictable - we haven't really had any real surprises since Steve. I'm not just talking Sans/Vault Boy-level of mindblowing stuff either, it'd also be nice to see more lowkey, Goemon/Altaïr-level nice surprises
Yeah I doubt anything can surprise us like Sans did, because he was the first and even Sans fans didn't really expect him to be playable even in this sort of form. It was pretty awesome.

If we're going with Mii picks that would shock people to see that I think are actually pretty likely, I'll go with Crazy Dave from Plants vs Zombies, Teemo from LoL or a Murloc for Warcraft.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm starting to doubt Jonesy will be a Mii. I'm starting to think that Jonesy is decently likely for Fighter Status........ mostly due to Tencent owning Epic Games. As Nintendo and Tencent are buddy-buddy enough to the point where I could see them getting a Fighter, and they're 100% next in line for the next Non-Japanese Third Parties imo.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm hoping for either a Disgaea or Bravely Default deluxe Mii outfit. Both games use a chibi style that would work really well on a Mii and I really enjoy both series.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’m praying Hayabusa is safe from the Miipocalypse this time because I’m expecting it to focus on the Xeno series which could entail Namco’s Xenosaga which could lead into Namco’s Tales of Series which could mean Lloyd getting Mii’d and even then THAT ****ING SUCKS

We’ll see though. Fingers crossed for Hayabusa and pulling for y’all’s characters as well. Hopefully it’ll just be Xeno characters. Hopefully.
I must be one weird ************ because I'm hoping one of my wanted gets miied. I would be at least something recongnizing them then I'll be able to rest easy

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not really sure what to guess for Mii costumes. My first thoughts are characters from the Xenoblade games (Mecha-Fiora, Zeke, Morag, maybe Elma?), along with KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving, and maybe an unexpected indie character with a song (the Knight from Hollow Knight? Shovel Knight? Miriam from Bloodstained?), but I feel like that might be too many swordfighters. (then again, I'm not far enough into Xenoblade 2 to know how Zeke fights, and I haven't played Xenosaga, so I have no idea if KOS-MOS would be a brawler, swordfighter, or gunner)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Look, if it means Sega acknowledges Billy Hatcher exists, then I'll take what I can get.
Oh ****, A billy hatcher mii costume would be amazing. They better make the red things ( forgot the actual name if that part of a chicken) on the hat move too

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction of Hollow Knight, Quote, and Ori as a triple set of Deluxe Mii costumes for each Mii type.
I'd of course prefer Quote as a fighter...but at this point I'd still be thrilled at a Quote Gunner costume because at least it's SOMETHING for Cave Story.

(the knight and ori would also be neat i guess)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Any character from Final Fantasy 9 would have made for an amazing deluxe Mii outfit as well. Final Fantasy 9 might be my favorite game of all time but I think they missed their chance when Sephiroth's Mii outfits were revealed.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I just thought of the notion of a Zagreus mii costume and I will no longer accept any timeline where this doesn't happen.

Except the ones where Zag is playable, of course.
Ngl, Zagreus might be one of the few indie characters I would actively like to see in Smash, if not the only one.

I kinda whonder what crazy **** Sakurai would do with all his weapons and Boons.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
They straight up said there's gonna be no new fighter reveals lol
I mean that was kinda an obv assumption but this is the first time they've been this upfront about this, right?
"obviously they're so upfont about having no new fighters announced because there will be another fighter announced!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom