• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Xenoblade 2 fans, it's time for you to present some sweet music that Pyra/Mythra could come with. I want to see some sugestions.
Hopefully they include some X music because we ABSOLUTELY NEED "Uncontrollable". It's criminal that it isn't already there.

But from 2 specifically? The disco orchestral "Mor Ardain Roamind the Wastes" is a must

"Drifting Soul" is probably gonna be there in some shape or form. The Violin version was in the trailer but hopefully the full vocal version from that one really big scene is in

Torna battle music is possible too

But perhaps they ram the super disco orchestral Future Connected battle theme in too just to get that FUNKY FIGHT ONNNNNN

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm satisfied. Was preferring Elma more due to playing Xenoblade X and not Xenoblade 2, but I was good with a new Xenoblade character in general, so I'm satisfied with Pyra and Mythra.

Can I just say though:
You know, on the subject of Pokemon, what about another trainer? Except one of the more prominent ones, like Giovanni, N or Cynthia? I mean, some of the trainers themselves are popular in their own right.

Sure, if they do the swap mechanic again, it wouldn't exactly be anything new, but it doesn't mean that they can't have their own unique twist. Like maybe 2 Pokemon to switch between with a gimmick based around Double Battles from Pokemon, like Specials utilising both Pokemon or a Partner mechanic similar to Marvel vs Capcom where the other Pokemon can be called out to do an attack to help the Pokemon in play?
That I called the possibility of a Swap character? Sure it wasn't a new Pokemon Trainer, but considering Pyra and Mythra are a Swap character, the possibility of a Pokemon Trainer was, in fact, there.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Sakurai stated that FP2 was a way to give another chance to some characters. To me, it is exactly what it is for all of the fighters of this pass for now:
  • ARMS deserved a character since base game
  • XC2 was too recent for base game
  • Steve was in discussion for a long time (source: Mojang). IMO, he was supposed to be in FP1, but, due to complexity, got moved at a later date, before they announced FP1.
  • Sephiroth was probably in discussion for a long time too, but Hero got the SquareEnix spot in FP1, pushing Sephiroth to FP2. It was probably decided to be like that since the start.
The more we are leading toward the end of FP2, the more likely characters will be low-key, chill picks, but also characters that "missed their chance" previously.
In my opinion, we will see two more Nintendo characters for this pass, or really close to Nintendo, but specifically characters that have support from the fanbase. Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee or another Zelda rep for example. The only third party I could see from now on are Phoenix Wright and Layton.

In all seriousness though, Pyrha being chosen over Rex does seem to heavily imply that costumes released after the game's release will not be upgraded to playable fighters. This likely extends to AT's as well.
ATs released after the game's release you mean?

Everyone! Pyra was probably selected over Rex only because it made more sense gameplay-wise. Not because some dumb fan rule.

Anyway, I wanted Elma to be the next Xenoblade rep. I'm slightly disappointed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma fans in shambles.
I will reserve judgment until the presentation, if they don't show an Elma mii, X music, AND they say more fighters in development, I'll consider Elma having been given second wind

if not then... at least I get X music. wanted Uncontrollable since base

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In all seriousness though, Pyrha being chosen over Rex does seem to heavily imply that costumes released after the game's release will not be upgraded to playable fighters. This likely extends to AT's as well.
I think Min Min is a stronger implication of that than Pyra. Pyra seems to reaffirm that DLC stuff won't overlap, which was already a widely-held belief. Min Min is potential evidence of ATs being fixed in their roles, because ATs come from a period in development that has been subject to reevaluation, and DLC comes from a later phase that has not. It's still conflating two different development periods, even if they are ostensibly bound by the same restriction.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman

This ****ing guy, lol. Either I just don't get it or they must've been light on available contractors when XB2 was assembling their art team. xD
Thanks, I was thinking that I'm the only one who sees the picture... Odd. Really, it does not look good.

Pillow

Smash Lord
ATs released after the game's release you mean?
No, that's not what I mean.

I think Min Min is a stronger implication of that than Pyra. Pyra seems to reaffirm that DLC stuff won't overlap, which was already a widely-held belief. Min Min is potential evidence of ATs being fixed in their roles, because ATs come from a period in development that has been subject to reevaluation, and DLC comes from a later phase that has not. It's still conflating two different development periods, even if they are ostensibly bound by the same restriction.
Yeah I agree, Min Min also implies the same thing. Both characters reinforce the same principle idea.

Last edited:

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Okay just trying to come up with a good list, taking into account the DLC and Ultimates Base Game. (My bad if I got any wrong.)

Shown at E3 Direct: :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
Shown at Smash Directs::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultryu::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:
Shown at Regular Direct::ultlucas::ultcloud: :ultisabelle::ult_terry::ultminmin
Shown at Video Game Awards: :ultjoker::ultsephiroth:
Solo Event: :ultbyleth::ultsteve:

If we're just looking at Regular Directs, first thing I notice is they sure like revealing people majorly Yellow in these. But in all seriousness. Looking at the E3 and Regular Direct picks. They seem to be characters that are either MAJOR Fan Requests (:ultbanjokazooie::ultridley:) New First Party Characters ( :ultinkling::ultminmin) First Party Characters due for Inclusion (:ultlucas::ultdaisy::ultisabelle:) Square Characters (:ulthero::ultcloud:) or Terry (:ult_terry:). Terry really stands out in this group.

So looking at the evidence we have. of who they show off (Which might be broken for all we known) Characters to look out for would be.
  • Any First Party Character.
  • A MAJOR Fan Request

While the characters that are shown in other venues seem to be....
  • More Niche characters
  • Darker and More Mature Characters (Ridley Excluded)

For tomorrows Direct... My Guess is the Character Revealed will follow most if not all of these
  • Is from a Family Friendly and/or First Party Series
  • Is recognizable to a casual audience
  • Is not a villain
  • Does not primarily use a sword

So I decided to go back and look at what the guidelines I came up with for the character yesterday, and aside from the "Does not primarily use a sword" bit, everything seemed to line up consistently.

Which means that if we do get someone at E3, or an "E3-like" event this year. It following the idea of "Most likely being a BIG character" is likely true. to follow in the footsteps of :ultridley::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

toonito

Smash Ace
i'm just on sakurai's wild ride but with 2 characters left i'm predicting 1 1st party and 1 3rd party

if this is true i'm 52% sure the 1st party will be from Sword & Shield

inb4tryingtopredictsakurai

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I got burned pretty bad with the direct overall. No BotW2 info, nor even a mention of Metroid (not entirely surprising). No Smash news other than Pyra/Mythra, guess the tweet just meant nothing.
We'll hear something later this year. Leads me to believe BOTW may drop either at the very end of the year, or next year. Quite the wait.

Also, no Bayonetta 3 news to nobody's surprise 😃

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just realized this is really bad news for Frisk. This is the second time they've gone for a "more intresting" side character over the main character. I'm one of the few who wants Frisk purely for Frisk's sake, so that's a bit dissapointing.

I'd still be hyped through the roof for Papyrus though.

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Well Pyra/Mythra killed the slim chance for Sora getting in this pass since we now have 2 JRPG characters. Was hoping Sora got in on a technicality of being owned by Disney and being different enough from Sephiroth to not overlap TOO much.
FP1 had 3 jrpg characters? Also, 2/4 of the new dlc fighters were jrpg characters for wii u - 3/7 if you include veterans. Either way, it’s still plausible & not too unexpected, for there to be one more jrpg.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is a long shot but since Nintendo owns Monolith can we get 50 tracks like Terry.

Specifically including more Xenoblade 1 music that was criminally left out.

But none of that garbage noise from X.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Pretty awesome that we got what looks to be two whole new character kits. I'm a huge fan of transformation characters in smash and I'd say I'm a big fan of Xenoblade as a whole so I consider this is a huge win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom