• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't think Nintendo hates all fan stuff, but I don't think they're gonna be like "so what if you want to try out the series? Well, you can't unless you go buy a Japanese copy on Steam and download an external patch to translate it." or "so what if you want to try out the series? Well, you cant, but there are some unofficial fan games that you can play!". It's just...very strange.

To be fair, anyone would be afraid of Minecraft by virtue of Steve.

That cold, emotionless stare...
I interpret the dark patch as a mouth so to me he's a smiley boi.

EDIT: The most unnerving thing here is that he's not centered so the whole pic is off.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Am I gonna have to whip out that one meme? At least spoiler that **** oh my God

Eeeyah911

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArkGod123
Switch FC
SW-6879-3932-9767
If I wanted a Golden Sun character in Smash, I would choose a character that isn't a Spirit, like Karis or someone else.

Sadly though, I think that chance would be slim to none. :(

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
wait is this stuff really an issue if an official game is gonna be on Switch now...? Maybe ZUN will release another that's one of the maingames.
There have been rumors of porting the first Windows-era Touhou game, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, to Switch

I’d prefer PCB, IN or SA but beggars can’t be choosers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
wait is this stuff really an issue if an official game is gonna be on Switch now...? Maybe ZUN will release another that's one of the maingames.
It's not an issue seeing as how Touhou's got worldwide recognition, it's just people looking for excuses as to why the characters they don't want couldn't be in

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Double post
It's less that he's fat and more that there's an arm coming out of his belly button...
Oh, i see, that can be actually off putting. The Video was changed for one with a better thumbnail.

The very first Touhou, the one nobody talks about.
You mean, the one that wasn't a shooter but an Breakout clone right? Highly Responsive to Prayers?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is such a petty and close-minded way to deflect criticism. It's okay to acknowledge potential obstacles for characters you like.
There's a large difference between potential obstacles and "No this is literally impossible because of stuff I'll say that's flatout not true" like what happened just now with "Nintendo hates fangames so they'd be petty as **** and despise Touhou for fan games" and "Touhou, a franchise with a ****ton of internet fame and as a result is a large part of pop culture with references in a ****ton of media is totally unknown outside of Japan". It's like if I claimed Euden was impossible because he's never made an appearance on a Nintendo system

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If it makes you feel better, Gunvolt's only real competition from Inti Creates is Gal Gun, so... yeah, it'd be Gunvolt from them.

NO, WE WILL NOT BE TALKING ABOUT GAL GUN IN SMASH. WE TALK ABOUT HORNY STUFF ENOUGH AS IS!
What if we get a crossover, though? Gal Gunvolt? :4pacman:

...I'm actually a bit scared that this pun is so easy to make using two properties from the same company.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What if we get a crossover, though? Gal Gunvolt? :4pacman:

...I'm actually a bit scared that this pun is so easy to make using two properties from the same company.
So would that be a Gunvolt game with Gal Gun characters, or a Gal Gun game with Gunvolt characters?

Though they technically crossed over in Mighty Gunvolt, and... oh no, I can totally see this happening now.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To be clear, that's not the one that's basically just Breakout right?
No, EoSD is actually the sixth game. That being said, everyone starts with that 90% of the time because after the shift from PC-98 to Windows, ZUN pulled a soft reboot. The only characters who carried over are Reimu, Marisa, Alice, and Yuuka, and there's some confusion on whether or not they're still canon, rewritten, or just removed from the timeline.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The funny thing is that the original Pixelmon mod actually did get taken down because of legal threats from Nintendo
I find it amusing that it's come back and it's now actually covering current gen content which the original mod expressly tried to avoid doing for then current generations.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
No, EoSD is actually the sixth game. That being said, everyone starts with that 90% of the time because after the shift from PC-98 to Windows, ZUN pulled a soft reboot. The only characters who carried over are Reimu, Marisa, Alice, and Yuuka, and there's some confusion on whether or not they're still canon, rewritten, or just removed from the timeline.
I actually started with EoSD because of, you guessed it, "U.N. Owen Was Her?". I think I was about... 13 or 14? It was basically the first Touhou song that I was familiar with because of all the memes. And I think that's the case for many people as well. Too bad Flandre's an extra stage boss and I never really faced her off lol. Though that's still in my bucket list.

Talking about the music, damn I'd be lying if I said the music wasn't the primary reason why I'd want Touhou in Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The funny thing is, the original Pixelmon mod actually did get taken down because of legal threats from Nintendo
Yet they don't care that someone remade Pokémon Red in Minecraft just without sound, or the fact someone made an actual fangame using Minecraft.

Yeah a map is different from a mod but still it's so weird. Maybe some of the mod's item assets were just minor edits to official assets, like cleaned up resizes? Idk, I don't think they used any official voices or music...and there's no story, either...

They never took down Pokécube, though. I guess they just take things down once they get popular enough.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yet they don't care that someone remade Pokémon Red in Minecraft just without sound, or the fact someone made an actual fangame using Minecraft.

Yeah a map is different from a mod but still it's so weird. Maybe some of the mod's item assets were just minor edits to official assets, like cleaned up resizes? Idk, I don't think they used any official voices or music...and there's no story, either...

They never took down Pokécube, though. I guess they just take things down once they get popular enough.
I think the whole deal is that they can't police the entire internet, so what gets taken down is effectively pretty random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom