• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ehhhh... This is very out there

How I interpreted it was,

Assuming Verges source is legit (I don't think it is but I could be wrong) The source only had a very vague idea on who was in at the time, and Verge had to piece it together. I also think it lost credibility once the list started adding individual characters, It doesn't really add anything to the credibility of the rumor and it just seems toooo specific, like why would the Source mention those characters specifically. And the fact that the source mentioned that it was for
Challenger Pack 5 also means it probably didn't have much to with anything else but that is very much a grain of salt point. And the List format always seemed weird to me, it seemed like Verge was deliberately trying to **** with everyone.

TL:DR I think the original list was bunk, and thus I don't think it has any bearing on pass 2
This is what i Like to see.

So yeah, the Logic was that the Source did not Specifically know who the character was, but perhaps was able to say who it wasn't by character. I think if the Source knew it was Byleth, that we wouldn't have had the Deconfirmation game in the first place

I'm going to guess that the Source was trying to track names in the inside, and if they ever got proof that the character wouldn't be Playable, or at least be CP5, that they deconfirm, but perhaps the hurdle was that there were some characters that had evidence they were playable, and it couldn't be accurately concluded they were CP5, and that's the gist of this theory

The gist was that there were Small amount of Characters that had more substantial evidence of being Playable than the characters that were listed on the Deconfirm list, or that the characters on the Deconfirm list had evidence that they wouldn't be Playable, and that's why it was easier to deconfirm who the character wasn't than was

It would seem Byleth was one of those characters, as there was already info about Three Houses content weeks before their actual Reveal, as even Fatmanonice was able to gain some type of info about that

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior | Page 2956 | Smashboards

Now whether he faked the screenshot or whatever, I'm not sure, but yeah apparently this was a thing

And with the fact that FP2 was being finalized around this time, that's the theory of why perhaps Verge's Deconfirm list might have also mattered for FP2

Of course, Apparently the Inside also does alot of speculation, which alot of the time can be wrong. At the end of the day, this was a theory I thought of cause I realized none of the FP2 characters were on this list, or the accurate version of the list anyway

It does sound kind of bunk to use a List meant for CP5 toward the entirity of FP2. Personally I think it's very possible that the list could impact FP2 also, but I'm very open-minded to this type of thing, so you know

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is what i Like to see.

So yeah, the Logic was that the Source did not Specifically know who the character was, but perhaps was able to say who it wasn't by character. I think if the Source knew it was Byleth, that we wouldn't have had the Deconfirmation game in the first place

I'm going to guess that the Source was trying to track names in the inside, and if they ever got proof that the character wouldn't be Playable, or at least be CP5, that they deconfirm, but perhaps the hurdle was that there were some characters that had evidence they were playable, and it couldn't be accurately concluded they were CP5, and that's the gist of this theory

The gist was that there were Small amount of Characters that had more substantial evidence of being Playable than the characters that were listed on the Deconfirm list, or that the characters on the Deconfirm list had evidence that they wouldn't be Playable, and that's why it was easier to deconfirm who the character wasn't than was

It would seem Byleth was one of those characters, as there was already info about Three Houses content weeks before their actual Reveal, as even Fatmanonice was able to gain some type of info about that

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior | Page 2956 | Smashboards

Now whether he faked the screenshot or whatever, I'm not sure, but yeah apparently this was a thing

And with the fact that FP2 was being finalized around this time, that's the theory of why perhaps Verge's Deconfirm list might have also mattered for FP2

Of course, Apparently the Inside also does alot of speculation, which alot of the time can be wrong. At the end of the day, this was a theory I thought of cause I realized none of the FP2 characters were on this list, or the accurate version of the list anyway

It does sound kind of bunk to use a List meant for CP5 toward the entirity of FP2. Personally I think it's very possible that the list could impact FP2 also, but I'm very open-minded to this type of thing, so you know
Claiming we'd get Three Houses content and then being wrong in everything you'd claimed it'd be is as credible as saying Travis was going to be a character and then we got the Mii costume. So what if the names match up, the information is wrong. It's not indicative of genuine insight.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.12.46 PM.png

Also, Fatman isn't credible. For the millionth time.

I mean, Waluigi with a Three Houses stage. And people believed him.

Your entire perspective is the antithesis of how to deal with leaks, finding any reason to keep them afloat. They aren't to be treated with such extreme lenience that being wrong about everything but have the right source material, or being for a completely different character over a year ago are valid reasons to keep them alive. These leaks are dead, and with good reason. They're outdated or incorrect, they're not applicable, and at the best of times they weren't very reliable.

We might as well speculate as to whether Skull Kid is actually going to still show up, three years after loz said he would. We might as well wonder why the inevitable Mallow hat didn't end up coming with all the other Square content, and when the hell Doom Slayer is still going to arrive with that Cacodemon hat.

Keeping inactive leaks alive serves no purpose past just tinfoiling for the sake of itself.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
There's never been proof that KoF or any SNK game has some kind of "silent" massive fanbase in Latin America. That was something Smash fans invented because some people in this fanbase get really angry at the idea of someone "unworthy" being added.

KoF isn't that popular, and Fatal Fury even less so. Terry got in because he's old and costed like 50 cents to get the license for. No other reason.

At 13:53: "And I'm not gonna lie, besides Japan, The King of Fighters series is extremely popular here in Mexico and Latin America, with a large fanbase that opened the gate to a healthy competitive community that is as prosper today as in its first years.

Be it in the largest conventions or video game tourneys, to even the smallest convenience stores, the presence of The King of Fighters, in our third world countries, is undeniable, as it's a piece of pop culture ingrained so much in us LA gamers, as bad odor (LOL).

And just like how the Japanese enjoyed the inclusion of Hero, English speakers were euphoric at Banjo & Kazooie, and the internet, ****posters and memers had Sans, we Latin Americans had the joy of having an iconic figure such as Terry Bogard in a game as big as Super Smash Bros."

This said while showing footage of excited reactions and people playing the games.

"But sales figures"

In a nutshell, this video explains that arcade machines were very rentable back in the day because parents were like "why should I buy my son a console when he can just play some games for just some cents?" and that SNK ones were particularly popular due to the Neo Geo being able to use multiple cartridges.

Also there was piracy. Lots and lots of piracy; Latin American countries are generally stuck in the 3rd world, so we don't have as much income as many in NA do and have piracy be rampant. In the small town I live everyone used to buy pirate DVD discs, everyone with a Playstation console pirated games, heck those things happen even today, so I know well pirated SNK arcade machines were as common as official ones, if not moreso.

In a shellnut, ¿tú qué vas a saber? Investiga mijo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Enough of this leak necromancy.

No one here is so desperate for discussion that we'd want to talk about a dead leak from a banned user on a closed thread.
Yeah, everyone knows that the only leak worth paying attention to is the Homura files, after all, would someone really make a joke on the internet?

Calane

Smash Ace
I've... never really been all that convinced of Kirby's power level. I gather most of it comes from the stuff he fights, but all that stuff looks impressive but I've never seen it really proven to be as strong as people say.

Also, he's canonically three inches tall.
It was 8 inches, but that literally can't be true due to the existence of Adeleine, who is a human.

More proof of this being untrue is that Samus appears in Kirby's Dreamland 3, meaning you can actually see the two standing next to each other. He's small, yes, but I don't think he's 8 inches tall.

samus.png

While this was just a cameo appearance, Kirby gains the weapon needed to defeat the true final boss via getting Heart Stars from helping someone in each level. Samus was one of those people, so the Heart Star she gave him is technically canon since it's needed to reach the true ending.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just felt like responding to that part of your post.

(Man, I haven't posted on this site in a long time, lol.)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It was 8 inches, but that literally can't be true due to the existence of Adeleine, who is a human.

More proof of this being untrue is that Samus appears in Kirby's Dreamland 3, meaning you can actually see the two standing next to each other. He's small, yes, but I don't think he's 8 inches tall.

View attachment 301807

While this was just a cameo appearance, Kirby gains the weapon needed to defeat the true final boss via getting Heart Stars from helping someone in each level. Samus was one of those people, so the Heart Star she gave him is technically canon since it's needed to reach the true ending.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just felt like responding to that part of your post.

(Man, I haven't posted on this site in a long time, lol.)
What if they are all to scale in the Kirby universe?

Tiny humans aren't a new concept.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Claiming we'd get Three Houses content and then being wrong in everything you'd claimed it'd be is as credible as saying Travis was going to be a character and then we got the Mii costume. So what if the names match up, the information is wrong. It's not indicative of genuine insight.

View attachment 301813

Also, Fatman isn't credible. For the millionth time.

I mean, Waluigi with a Three Houses stage. And people believed him.

Your entire perspective is the antithesis of how to deal with leaks, finding any reason to keep them afloat. They aren't to be treated with such extreme lenience that being wrong about everything but have the right source material, or being for a completely different character over a year ago are valid reasons to keep them alive. These leaks are dead, and with good reason. They're outdated or incorrect, they're not applicable, and at the best of times they weren't very reliable.

We might as well speculate as to whether Skull Kid is actually going to still show up, three years after loz said he would. We might as well wonder why the inevitable Mallow hat didn't end up coming with all the other Square content, and when the hell Doom Slayer is still going to arrive with that Cacodemon hat.

Keeping inactive leaks alive serves no purpose past just tinfoiling for the sake of itself.
I mean

The reason I entertain this was because

-None of the FP2 characters were on the list
-This whole thing was done during the time FP2 was being finalized
-I was bored

I'm not gonna do something like bringing back the Loz Leak, and Fatman isn't important to the theory. Ultimately I just noticed the coincendences between Vergeben's list and the results of the FP2.

The Steve rumors did lead to Steve, same with Sephiroth with Seven Squares. I thought this be interesting discussion because of the stuff I was seeing. Yes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
From what I gather, King of Fighters is uber-popular in Brazil and Mexico - which is not all of Latin America, even if those two are the biggest countries. So I think there's been kind of a mischaracterization by the Smash fandom, where you'd think Terry's as famous as someone like Cloud in an entire continent, and that's simply not the case. Terry got in due to a combination of a huge legacy, corporate synergy, and varying degrees of popularity around the world. To presume that he got in solely for being popular in one part of the world isn't just wrong, but it can and has caused misconceptions about what kinds of characters can get in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean

The reason I entertain this was because

-None of the FP2 characters were on the list
Yet...

-This whole thing was done during the time FP2 was being finalized
As in, it had been finalized already. Yeah. Doesn't mean it's related.

-I was bored

I'm not gonna do something like bringing back the Loz Leak, and Fatman isn't important to the theory. Ultimately I just noticed the coincendences between Vergeben's list and the results of the FP2.

The Steve rumors did lead to Steve, same with Sephiroth with Seven Squares. I thought this be interesting discussion because of the stuff I was seeing. Yes
But that's exactly what it is, coincidence. The only connective tissue is the fact that there's been no overlap so far. When you actually add the context of the situation that prompted that list, and where we are now, linking them together becomes a pretty flawed concept.

The Steve rumour reflected Steve having been talked about at that point. Sephiroth being on that list doesn't inherently mean that information is accurate. There is a difference between being right and being lucky, and there's no empirical evidence it was the former. Every time a new character is revealed people dredge up some old leak that had them on it. It doesn't mean those leaks were real. Remember that the list is separate claims by separate people.

To equate that kind of stuff with a list that is for a certain character glosses over the fact that... the list is for a certain character. Now you're saying... it's for every remaining character. Those are two completely different things, and require a very large leap in reasoning.

You give everything so much benefit of the doubt, when that is the last thing 99% of leaks deserve, of course you're going to see connections everywhere. Because that's your intent. To try to form connections instead of taking it at face value. Which is a... misguided goal, to put it lightly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I believe that was said in a Smash trophy, and Smash has gotten other character information wrong before as well.
It's also stated on the Japanese Kirby 64 website, a Miiverse picture of the day when talking about his and Olimar's size and can be calculated based on his height next to the Mona Lisa from an episode of the anime.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Spoilers for Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods follows

I think it’s funny seeing some reactions to this saying that Sephiroth would beat Doom Slayer. Doom Slayer. The man who went and killed every demon on Mars, into hell itself to kill every demon there, teleport onto earth as the last line of defense, blows a hole in Mars just to fight more demons, finds out the Kahn Maykr is trying to resurrect the Icon of Sin, goes to heaven to kick her ass, Icon gets resurrected anyways, goes back to earth and kicks ITS ass, and after that he gets bored, fights more demons so that he can resurrect The Dark Lord which is basically Satan himself so that he can kick HIS ass, and the Slayer is so bad ass that The Dark Lord (which is the embodiment of the demons and humans biggest fears I might add) is ACTUALLY The Demonic Interpretation of the Slayer himself, and I’m sure in part 2 he goes and kicks The Dark Lords ass.

So, yeah. If there’s any character with the possibility in Smash that could kick Sephiroth’s ass it’s Isabelle’s Best Friend.
This is probably a bit late of a response, but people saying that Doomguy is one of the strongest video game characters despite how his biggest feat is continental level to multi-continental at best. The "Doomguy comes in with heavy metal music" meme is funny, but it's just tiring when it's being taken unironicaly, especialy when a characters with good feats and scaling is seen as just "he gets destroyed because Doomguy fights many demons for a very long time". Now if we actualy use feats, Doomslayer gets destroyed so bad by so many characters it's not even funny. For example, Sephiroth is at least solar system level making so that any of his attack where he puts at least a bit of strength would one-shot Doomguy. That's not even talking about some of the actual strongest video games characters like Shulk of Aleph, who both have multiversal to infinite multiversal feats.

And for that matter, the "Kirby is the strongest video game character" is also really tiring after a moment, even if Kirby actualy has the feats to compete with other powerful character, depending on how you scale some of the stuff in his series.

Calane

Smash Ace
It's also stated on the Japanese Kirby 64 website, a Miiverse picture of the day when talking about his and Olimar's size and can be calculated based on his height next to the Mona Lisa from an episode of the anime.
Is that so?

Well, the anime isn't canon, and the Miiverse thing is still related to Smash, which I already stated has gotten character information wrong before.

You got me with the Japanese Kirby 64 website, but until it's said in an actual Kirby game, I won't consider that information correct/canon.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
This is probably a bit late of a response, but people saying that Doomguy is one of the strongest video game characters despite how his biggest feat is continental level to multi-continental at best. The "Doomguy comes in with heavy metal music" meme is funny, but it's just tiring when it's being taken unironicaly, especialy when a characters with good feats and scaling is seen as just "he gets destroyed because Doomguy fights many demons for a very long time". Now if we actualy use feats, Doomslayer gets destroyed so bad by so many characters it's not even funny. For example, Sephiroth is at least solar system level making so that any of his attack where he puts at least a bit of strength would one-shot Doomguy. That's not even talking about some of the actual strongest video games characters like Shulk of Aleph, who both have multiversal to infinite multiversal feats.

And for that matter, the "Kirby is the strongest video game character" is also really tiring after a moment, even if Kirby actualy has the feats to compete with other powerful character, depending on how you scale some of the stuff in his series.
Doom Guy killed the Icon of Sin twice, a being whose mere existence was destroying the fabric of spacetime.
2B46E6CE-9CC4-48CE-9181-C8398D829071.jpeg

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yet...

As in, it had been finalized already. Yeah. Doesn't mean it's related.

But that's exactly what it is, coincidence. The only connective tissue is the fact that there's been no overlap so far. When you actually add the context of the situation that prompted that list, and where we are now, linking them together becomes a pretty flawed concept.

The Steve rumour reflected Steve having been talked about at that point. Sephiroth being on that list doesn't inherently mean that information is accurate. There is a difference between being right and being lucky, and there's no empirical evidence it was the former. Every time a new character is revealed people dredge up some old leak that had them on it. It doesn't mean those leaks were real. Remember that the list is separate claims by separate people.

To equate that kind of stuff with a list that is for a certain character glosses over the fact that... the list is for a certain character. Now you're saying... it's for every remaining character. Those are two completely different things, and require a very large leap in reasoning.

You give everything so much benefit of the doubt, when that is the last thing 99% of leaks deserve, of course you're going to see connections everywhere. Because that's your intent. To try to form connections instead of taking it at face value. Which is a... misguided goal, to put it lightly.
I thought adding more context to the list could perhaps get to a conclusion that might be worth looking at

The List was for certain characters, but what I was trying to do is perhaps look perhaps more into how the Source was able to deconfirm these characters, and the conclusion that this list might be impactful of FP2 was one that looks possible, especially when FP2 was being finalized around this Time. I did think whole situation was weird if the Source knew it was Byleth the entire time, especially with the whole thing about the Source being unsure about KOS-MOS status for like a month

So that's where the whole thing that there were other characters that had evidence of them being Playable, which could have been some of the FP2 characters.

Now I do think it's probably best to look at the surface, especially since I believe when deconfirming these characters, that Verge and Sabi said it was only for CP5. Verge also is still open to the idea of Ryu (but doesn't know if he's in or not) yet he was on the list, So I think you are right in probably just looking at the leak on the surface. I don't think My mind could just do that though, I can't resist not looking deeper. Plus when it comes to leaks like this, I sometimes give benefit of the doubt because Development or info can be unpredictable. yes

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Looking at the Blocked Content Twitter page, what with all the ALLCAPS, question marks, and generally rapidly mood-swinging video subjects just makes me want to laugh.
MAH!
MAAAAAARGH

Laughter has ceased. How can anybody take people like that seriously?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if we get Boyfriend from Friday Night Funkin’ tho.

He’s gonna bep-bop his way to Master Hand!

also in regards to Kirby’s height, what if Adeleine is just part fairy or sumthin and that’s why she’s small. Also where are the other humans, is she the last one and the others were on gulp Shiver Star? Does she have a family who isn’t talked about? 🤔

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is that so?

Well, the anime isn't canon, and the Miiverse thing is still related to Smash, which I already stated has gotten character information wrong before.

You got me with the Japanese Kirby 64 website, but until it's said in an actual Kirby game, I won't consider that information correct/canon.
It's not enough to be brought up in two games directed by Kirby's creator Sakurai, get mentioned by his Miiverse account for a third and also be brought up in promotional material for a fourth game starring Kirby that Sakurai was again involved in?

Calane

Smash Ace
It's not enough to be brought up in two games directed by Kirby's creator Sakurai, get mentioned by his Miiverse account for a third and also be brought up in promotional material for a fourth game starring Kirby that Sakurai was again involved in?
No, not for me. It frankly just doesn't make any sense in my mind.

Perhaps 8 inches is the height Sakurai envisioned for him, which is why it's said in two Smash games, but things in the actual series make me question if that's really the case. Considering Sakurai only made about 5 games in the series (Dream Land, Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Star, Air Ride), and he no longer works on the series currently, I don't consider his word to really be the end all be all.

Basically, until it's actually said in an official Kirby game, I'm not buying it.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Doom Guy killed the Icon of Sin twice, a being whose mere existence was destroying the fabric of spacetime.View attachment 301821
That's neat, I must say, and something I did not know about Doom. This also sounds very much like "Skull Kid's power affects time, space, and the heavens" kind of thing. And by that I mean that this is just how gravity manipulation works, any object with a gravity that's constantly increasing will eventualy make a bigger and bigger black hole. And in case you did not know, yes, black holes do alter the farbic of spacetime, no matter how big or small they are.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
SNK characters are clearly beloved enough that they keep happening in crossovers. Tekken fans were hyped over Geese Howard.

Here's the post if you don't want to click link

This is a very out there theory. I'm just entertaining the idea, but I don't believe the Theory right now, It's just an hypothetical theory

So remember Vergeben's deconfirmation list for Challenger pack 5

At first it used to be this

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?page=1

But then Vergeben misunderstood his source, and his Source corrected him on the actual "Deconfirmed characters", which would end up bloating into this list

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78333254?jumpto=34#34

If the link doesn't work, here were the charcters deconfirmed in the more accurate list

• Bandai Namco character
  • Level-5 character
  • Ubisoft character
  • Falcom character
  • Nippon Ichi Software character
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Sakura from Sakura Wars
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Reiji Arisu and Xiamou
  • Sora
  • Sol Badguy
  • Ragna
  • Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Amaterasu
  • Monster Hunter
  • Morrigan
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Sam Porter Bridges
  • Geralt of Rivia
  • Monokuma
  • Kat from Gravity Rush
  • Kratos
  • KOS-MOS

Now this was specifically for CP5, which turned out to be Byleth, who wasn't on this list

However one interesting thing to also note was that none of the FP2 Characters were on this list either

Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth were not implicated or Deconfirmed in this list at all, and I think it's important to bring up Sephiroth since Geno, who's also a Square character, was listed as well in this list.

The reason why the First Deconfirmation list was fake was because Verge assumed the Companies themselves were deconfirmed, when the source said only the characters listed were deconfimed, which is how the 2nd, more true list was created.

So the important thing to note was how this Source deconfirmed characters. if this Source knew Byleth or a Nintendo character was implicated, they should have deconfirmed whole companies, but with the exception of few companies, notably Bandai Namco, it was characters that were deconfirmed but not Companies. It goes into how they were able to deconfirmed these characters.

The conclusion of the theory was that The source, and by extension Verge had info on FP2, by saying who the characters wasn't, and this was because in order to deconfirm, they would have had to have some particular info to say this specific character or Company isn't happening as playable. Verge was able to deconfirm Namco as a company, but not Capcom, despite how many of Capcom characters were on this list

If this theory is true, here's what it might suggest

-Namco is not happening at all for a Fighter
-If there was a Capcom character, those Chun-Li rumors might start looking more real
-I might have to change my Scorpion prediction
-Sega and Konami are technically still in the clear
-Nintendo is in the clear (again)
-If we do get a New company, it's probably one that's not speculated very much, like Cygames, EA, Tencent/Riot

Just a theory though. yes

The Gist is that Verge's CP5 Deconfirm list might have some impact on FP2 as well. Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth were not in the list. Sephiroth is important as Geno and Sora were on the list

Pretty much, it implies how Verge's Source deconfirmed the particular characters was that they had some evidence those characters were not Playable, and since FP2 was being finalized at the time as well, this might extend to this pass
If this theory is true, then no Lloyd, Hayabusa, Crash, Dante, Monster Hunter and Doomguy which are all among the most popular/speculated characters. Interesting.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If this theory is true, then no Lloyd, Hayabusa, Crash, Dante, Monster Hunter and Doomguy which are all among the most popular/speculated characters. Interesting.
"And that kids is why you don't just put your trust to a character so high up in speculation" (if it's true)

Sad that Reimu is there too but hey! At least I still got 2 other unpopular character and a back up.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

This is a very out there theory. I'm just entertaining the idea, but I don't believe the Theory right now, It's just an hypothetical theory

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?page=1

But then Vergeben misunderstood his source, and his Source corrected him on the actual "Deconfirmed characters", which would end up bloating into this list

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78333254?jumpto=34#34

If the link doesn't work, here were the charcters deconfirmed in the more accurate list

• Bandai Namco character
  • Level-5 character
  • Ubisoft character
  • Falcom character
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Reiji Arisu and Xiamou
  • Sora
  • Sol Badguy
  • Ragna
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Amaterasu
  • Monster Hunter
  • Morrigan
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Sam Porter Bridges
  • Geralt of Rivia
  • Monokuma
  • Kat from Gravity Rush
  • Kratos
  • KOS-MOS

Now this was specifically for CP5, which turned out to be Byleth, who wasn't on this list

However one interesting thing to also note was that none of the FP2 Characters were on this list either

Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth were not implicated or Deconfirmed in this list at all, and I think it's important to bring up Sephiroth since Geno, who's also a Square character, was listed as well in this list.

The reason why the First Deconfirmation list was fake was because Verge assumed the Companies themselves were deconfirmed, when the source said only the characters listed were deconfimed, which is how the 2nd, more true list was created.

So the important thing to note was how this Source deconfirmed characters. if this Source knew Byleth or a Nintendo character was implicated, they should have deconfirmed whole companies, but with the exception of few companies, notably Bandai Namco, it was characters that were deconfirmed but not Companies. It goes into how they were able to deconfirmed these characters.

The conclusion of the theory was that The source, and by extension Verge had info on FP2, by saying who the characters wasn't, and this was because in order to deconfirm, they would have had to have some particular info to say this specific character or Company isn't happening as playable. Verge was able to deconfirm Namco as a company, but not Capcom, despite how many of Capcom characters were on this list

-If there was a Capcom character, those Chun-Li rumors might start looking more real
-If we do get a New company, it's probably one that's not speculated very much, like Cygames, EA, Tencent/Riot

The Gist is that Verge's CP5 Deconfirm list might have some impact on FP2 as well. Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth were not in the list. Sephiroth is important as Geno and Sora were on the list

Pretty much, it implies how Verge's Source deconfirmed the particular characters was that they had some evidence those characters were not Playable, and since FP2 was being finalized at the time as well, this might extend to this pass
This is just pathetic... this theory was only for Fighter Pass 1!

This thing is already outdated.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
There's never been proof that KoF or any SNK game has some kind of "silent" massive fanbase in Latin America. That was something Smash fans invented because some people in this fanbase get really angry at the idea of someone "unworthy" being added.

KoF isn't that popular, and Fatal Fury even less so. Terry got in because he's old and costed like 50 cents to get the license for. No other reason.
  • Fatal Fury being made by the original creator of Street Fighter
  • Having had multiple sequels, rereleases and prequels
  • Everyone who went to Arcades knows and loves these games
  • Everyone loves these characters so much that SNK literally made an SNK crossover game, which people loved even more (KOF '94)
  • All bosses of SNK games were hard as ****, hardest of any fighting game, so hard there's an entire new term born for them ("SNK Boss Syndrome")
  • King of Fighters '95 is born, Sakurai literally credited this game as one of his main inspirations for Smash Bros
  • This series has one of the most fastest gameplay and movement of all Fighters, inspired the creation of the Anime Fighter genre as a whole
  • KOF XIII has always been credited as one of the best fighting games ever
  • SNK is so loved by the fighting game community that we constantly see SNK characters getting in other Fighting Games, and people love them
  • KOF XV is constantly being talked about today
I can state even more stuff, but that would just fill an entire Smashboards page, so I honestly think this will do. And heck, this is even without mentioning the fact that these games are popular as heck in Latin America, China, Japan and South-Korea. Because well, people honestly should stop seeing Terry as a character made to cater to a specific continent or country. That character is an icon to the entire FGC.

So well, pick up a fightstick will ya.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

• Bandai Namco character
  • Level-5 character
  • Ubisoft character
  • Falcom character
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Reiji Arisu and Xiamou
  • Sora
  • Sol Badguy
  • Ragna
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Amaterasu
  • Monster Hunter
  • Morrigan
  • Leon Kennedy
  • Sam Porter Bridges
  • Geralt of Rivia
  • Monokuma
  • Kat from Gravity Rush
  • Kratos
  • KOS-MOS

If this is true then he would have to know the entirety of Fighter Pass 2 to know which characters aren't in the pass otherwise he'd have a chance of being wrong and become unreliable. At that point he might aswell reveal who they all are so I don't think I believe this theory, as much as it helps Sgt. Cortez's chances of being in Smash.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, the problem with the deconfirm list is that it‘s highly unlikely that one source can deconfirm large swaths of characters with such confidence, while somehow not knowing who does make the cut. It’s a fun forum game to think of who would be in based on this info. (Capcom and Sega going by individual fighters when Namco and others are deconfirmed as a whole would raise eyebrows), but I’m simply not convinced that someone would be able to say with such confidence that they have information from a wide range of companies, both knowing that certain companies won’t get a character, and getting seemingly individual deconfirmations on a wide range of development teams within companies, all while having nothing to say on the chances of the wide range of Nintendo properties. (Which you would expect if the information was based on the Smash development team rather than chatter of a dozen third parties combined.)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
"And that kids is why you don't just put your trust to a character so high up in speculation" (if it's true)

Sad that Reimu is there too but hey! At least I still got 2 other unpopular character and a back up.
Dunno about you but I'd rather just support the characters I like over trying to create a false "unpopular character good vs popular character bad" dichotomy

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Dunno about you but I'd rather just support the characters I like over trying to create a false "unpopular character good vs popular character bad" dichotomy
Bruh, that character that I support is also the one that I liked that happened to be unpopular, I'm not trying to push that agenda all I'm saying is that the chances of my pick being the same level of anticipation as those like Hayabusa, Dante and Lloyd by everyone is low. I mean I myself support Crash not because the results of bandwagonning but justby childhood experience.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Bruh, that character that I support is also the one that I liked that happened to be unpopular, I'm not trying to push that agenda all I'm saying is that the chances of my pick being the same level of anticipation as those like Hayabusa, Dante and Lloyd by everyone is low.
And if you like that character, then by all means go ahead!

It's moreso that I've noticed that a lot of your posts give off this weird, almost smug vibe of trying to make popular characters out as "the enemy", which I don't really agree with, but in all fairness I could be misinterpreting this whole thing.

Guess I just overblew this post and started projecting without much reason, so I'd like to apologize

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
And if you like that character, then by all means go ahead!

It's moreso that I've noticed that a lot of your posts give off this weird, almost smug vibe of trying to make popular characters out as "the enemy", which I don't really agree with, but in all fairness I could be misinterpreting this whole thing.

Guess I just overblew this post and started projecting without much reason, so I'd like to apologize
I mean I mentioned before but I might say it again. Even if that character is popular I'm still hype and happy and never be disappointed nor angry.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I mean I mentioned before but I might say it again. Even if that character is popular I'm still hype and happy and never be disappointed nor angry.
Well then sorry for the misunderstanding and have a nice day. I'm an idiot sometimes :V

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I mean...

This makes me wish Terry would have been revealed at EVO 2019, not gonna lie.
Man, that Geese trailer will never not be awesome. I remember not being as invested in Tekken at the time because 3D Fighters weren't really my thing back then, but when he got announced I got Tekken 7 instantly. Though the fact that Noctis got in the game right after him was quite disappointing imo.

On another note, I can't wait for his reveal in KOF XV. Also hoping for Rugal to make a return somehow. Actually, I was kinda bummed that he isn't in Smash as a cameo nor a Spirit (though Omega Rugal would make a perfect boss).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom