• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nintendo tweeted this for Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary

CP9 is a FE character

They have acknowledged FE's anniversary. Zelda will obviously get his attention at some point, probably with a similar treatment to Mario.

Then there's Metroid... At this point I'll take a random tweet acknowledging it's anniversary :(

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

CP9 is a FE character

They have acknowledged FE's anniversary. Zelda will obviously get his attention at some point, probably with a similar treatment to Mario.

Then there's Metroid... At this point I'll take a random tweet acknowledging it's anniversary :(
I'm thinking Prime Trilogy is probably getting a Rerelease for it's Anniversary and Nothing More.

Otoad64

Smash Lord

CP9 is a FE character

what about Donkey Kong?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'd give another SNK character a 15% chance of happening this pass. SNK seems to be really easy to work with and one of the biggest things that makes me think that it could happen is Metal Slug. It's one of SNK's biggest series and yet it did not get any spirits or Mii costumes. Just 5 songs. You could say that is enough, but Metal Slug is a pretty big series. You could even argue for Samurai Shodown since it only has 2 spirits and 3 songs. There is also Ikari Warriors which only has 1 spirit and technically 1 song via the KoF 14 Ikari track. The point is Terry does feel like he is representing all of SNK, but there is still enough of a gap in some of the content that they could fill in (Plus King of the Monsters got zero content and I want at least a song or two).

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all the content that we got and before Steve arrived, Terry's challenger pack was my favorite pack. But you could certainly make a case for SNK getting another rep. They do have a ton of history behind them, in fact I just watched some SNK history videos yesterday and the company certainly made an impact on gaming.

I'm glad that we happen to have this conversation now, as I just got into Metal Slug and after the videos I am looking forward to trying out their games beyond King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown which I've played a bit of but couldn't get into.

So yeah, any love for Marco? We don't have a run n gun rep yet and while I've become a Contra fan I think Metal Slug gives it a run for its money.

Image result for metal slug marco

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Cobra Kai is SOOOOOOOO Good! Especially if you get The Karate Kid References as well.
I mostly don't. I only saw the first one and not in decades. But they do a good job showing clips if it's relevant.

So yeah, any love for Marco? We don't have a run n gun rep yet and while I've become a Contra fan I think Metal Slug gives it a run for its money.
My love is for the SV-001 Metal Slug itself to be the Metal Slug rep. And for it to be driven by Marco/Tarma/Eri/Fio, Bowser Jr.-style.
1612456197144.png

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Considering the Anniversary and the fact its been rumored a long time; I predict we’ll finally be getting a new 2D Metroid this year.
As for the rest of the anniversary, I could see Prime 4 information getting revealed (And then having it release in 2022), and maybe even a Prime Trilogy Remaster if we’re lucky.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Metal Slug rep? I got your back.

View attachment 301860

Mars People were a playable fighter in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. And look at this cutie, c'mon! View attachment 301862
"For Mars People's even alts, they look like this instead
SVC_Chaos_Midnight_Bliss_Mars_People.gif

You ****ers kept asking for fem Terry despite clearly not being SNK fans so you ****ing better enjoy this"

Sakurai in 2021 during the final Smash presentation

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Papagenos video:
I don’t put any stock into tourneys, so I don’t believe the No First Person Shooter Rep thing. Though the only one I could see happening is Doomguy.
90% of all potential characters usually have other highly specific things about them that can be used in a tourney so I don't take any stock in this Tourney theory.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New Papagenos video:
I don’t put any stock into tourneys, so I don’t believe the No First Person Shooter Rep thing. Though the only one I could see happening is Doomguy.
I don't agree with Papa here. I'm pretty sure we got a lightweight event soon before Sephiroth came out and he even pointed out other events that could have been saved for future characters.

So the dream is still alive!

Image result for bill rizer gif

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't agree with Papa here. I'm pretty sure we got a lightweight event soon before Sephiroth came out and he even pointed out other events that could have been saved for future characters.

So the dream is still alive!

Image result for bill rizer gif
Also the 90’s event and Hero vs Villain came before him too

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
New Papagenos video:
Well good thing there is no Time Travellers tournament so that means Cortez is still safe!

If there was one, I'd have characters like this.

:ultness:: Travels back in time to defeat Giygas
:ultpichu:: Spikey Eared Pichu Travels through time with Celebi
:ultyounglink:: Literally called the Hero of time
:ultsonic:: Sonic CD and Generations involve time travel
:ultpacman:: Pac-in-Time on the SNES involves time travel
:ultlucina::Travels back in time to save her father
Cortez smash icon.png
The man of the hour

Time to Split!

Oh yeah I'm ready.gif

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Well good thing there is no Time Travellers tournament so that means Cortez is still safe!

View attachment 301866 The man of the hour

Time to Split!

View attachment 301865
You know, before I didn’t care about Seargent Cortez.
But your dedication makes me want him for you.

SKX31

Smash Master
Mars People were a playable fighter in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. And look at this cutie, c'mon! View attachment 301862
Aaw yeah, it's flip-phone time again!

View attachment 301866 The man of the hour

Time to Split!

View attachment 301865
Think you forgot a canon Mario game:

Where Bowser took Shakespeare's Skull, the American Declaration of Independence and Gandhi's flag.

:4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey y’all remember Time Twist

on second thought maybe it’s best you don’t

let’s just say there’s a reason Nintendo sweeps that one not just under the rug but the whole damn floorboards

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I’m sorry, the WHAT
Wait...what?
Welp, time to spoil the plot of an old Japan-exclusive NES game.

The year is 1995 (the game came out in 1991), and fortune-telling is all the rage in Japan. The protagonist gets a fortune saying that he'll meet the girl of his dreams in a museum at the outskirts of town. Said museum is the Devil's Museum, where he does meet said girl, but an earthquake happens because of course. The protagonist recites an incantation from the show, but in doing so releases the Devil from a nearby vase. He then possesses the protagonist's body, heads to a scientist's lab, and steals a time travelling belt to distort history. The protagonist's soul gets dragged along.

It gets real crazy real fast, but that's all the Wikipedia article mentions (not even the ending), so you guys can figure out the rest.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Tl;dr it’s the most controversial game Nintendo made. EVER. google it if you want a full synopsis but they refuse to rerelease it in any form and it’s no wonder why
Huh, yeah. That is certainly an “interesting” game to say the least. Shame its so hard to find. Oh well....
78716C55-DEBC-430A-8FE4-3B14FFC1BAC8.jpeg
.....................………….....................…………
CFB3DAA8-B0A3-4047-A33F-E2EE52F7942F.jpeg

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Think you forgot a canon Mario game:

Where Bowser took Shakespeare's Skull, the American Declaration of Independence and Gandhi's flag.
This is Partners in Time erasure.
Nintendo of America during the NES:

"I think its best to remove any inclusions of the Bible in Legend of Zelda given the potential offense it could cause."

Nintendo of Japan during the Famicom:

To be fair Japan didn't have a problem where console gaming crashed due to too much shovelware on a pre-8-bit system, thus making Nintendo believe they had to be stingy to prevent this from happening again.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I know this might end up sparking arguments but I'm kinda interested - what picks for Smash fighters (for DLC or just in general) do you feel are really, like, possible but slept on by most people? Throwing my own hat in the ring with Deoxys and Sophia (Blaster Master) - I might have said Maxwell but he's had a resurgence. Not intending to start a flame war, I'm just intrigued 😅

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know this might end up sparking arguments but I'm kinda interested - what picks for Smash fighters (for DLC or just in general) do you feel are really, like, possible but slept on by most people? Throwing my own hat in the ring with Deoxys and Sophia (Blaster Master) - I might have said Maxwell but he's had a resurgence. Not intending to start a flame war, I'm just intrigued 😅
Technically another IntiCreates IP - Gunvolt, baby

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hate this question so much because most people respond a character who gets semifrequent discussion and every character I can think of ends up being discussed a lot by the time this gets asked lmao

Pillow

Smash Lord
While I’d prefer Nakoruru or the Metal Slug crew, and I actually find Enders idea of them coming riding the Slug, I feel like if we’re getting a 2nd SNK rep down the line (for this pass I’d say the chance is near 0) it will be Mai. She’s really famous, even if only for her massive ****, and Sakurai could just give her shorts to censor her which he probably just wouldn’t bother doing for a stage background character.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A Trails protagonist. It's arguably more popular than Ys, even if it's younger and has less influence on the RPG genre, but Adol seems to be the only Falcom candidate mentioned.

Granted, I may have had something to do with that, seeing how heavily I pushed him after the Falcom leak got more attention with those Trails ports. If anyone's miffed at the lack of Trails discussion, I'll take the blame.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Basically, any “disconfirmed” character. Doom Slayer, Kiryu, Geno, another Square character, another Microsoft character, etc. Mostly because our disconfirmations are based into things that can only be taken at face value like interviews and spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom