• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I think about it. I would go on to say Peach and Zelda are up there as gaming female icons as well. Surprised I've never thought about it until now.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Lol I just did that battle again yesterday.

The superbosses make me think the only thing that could be a bit lame about a movement for Sora is him having a counter. He does have a good supply of cool options for a counter but I get a little tired seeing a new character come with one.
I'd be fine with a counter if Sora could convert it into a combo like in his games, but otherwise yeah, it would be a little uninspired.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Chun-Li is a protagonist too.
I was meaning more main protagonist if anything. She's certainly a protagonist yes but not the main as opposed to Samus, and Lara Croft. I do agree that in terms of gaming female characters as a whole, she is definitely above them both.

They don't call her gaming's first female fighting character for nothing after all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Toad is probably the last Nintendo character with enough star power that even non-gamers recognize him.
Only if by "Nintendo" you mean 100% owned by them, and not by someone considered a second party like, say, The Pokemon Company.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, remember awhile ago when I posted the CYL5 interim results and joked about the next FE rep? Well...

I guess you could say I have puts on sunglasses something to report.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Heres the thing, ive been looking at voice theory alot recently and there are 4 character slots left, meaning that one of them will have some sort of alt. the one that makes the most sense to me is rowan and lianna unfortunately.
Also something unrealated is that before we got sephiroth we had alot of square enix spirit events. We recently got a koei tecmo event, which is the comapany that made fire emblem warriors.I hope to god i am wrong about this
This is fearmongering and kinda stupid fearmongering at that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You thought you were going to get Crash? Monster Hunter? Dante? KOS-MOS? Elma?

BUT IT WAS ME, ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM AVATAR!
For his B-special, he uses a gun.
To sum up everything, Kiran is becoming a new Customizable Avatar Unit in Fire Emblem Heroes. His main weapon is his Summon Gun, Breidablik and you can place any skill on his A, B, C or Seal skills from any of your Heroes, including the incredibly hard to get and powerful skills. The Middle design is his Default design. The Male Avatar on his left is the 1st Male Option followed by Male Option 2 then Male Option 3. The Female Avatar on the right is Female Option 3, followed by Female Option 2 than Female Option 1.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

To sum up everything, Kiran is becoming a new Customizable Avatar Unit in Fire Emblem Heroes. His main weapon is his Summon Gun, Breidablik and you can place any skill on his A, B, C or Seal skills from any of your Heroes, including the incredibly hard to get and powerful skills. The Male Avatar on his left is the 1st Male Option followed by Male Option 2 then Male Option 3. The Female Avatar on the right is Female Option 3, followed by Female Option 2 than Female Option 1.
Don't threaten me with a good time! A summoner and Gun user would be rad as hell.

kylexv

Smash Master

To sum up everything, Kiran is becoming a new Customizable Avatar Unit in Fire Emblem Heroes. His main weapon is his Summon Gun, Breidablik and you can place any skill on his A, B, C or Seal skills from any of your Heroes, including the incredibly hard to get and powerful skills. The Middle design is his Default design. The Male Avatar on his left is the 1st Male Option followed by Male Option 2 then Male Option 3. The Female Avatar on the right is Female Option 3, followed by Female Option 2 than Female Option 1.
Reminds me of the time before Robin was revealed for Smash 4 when everyone referred to him/her as My Unit.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Not before Gatekeeper. He deserves it after that legendary win.

HE BEAT MARTH! BY A LANDSLIDE!!!!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Same.

If I remember, the most requested Sqaure Enix characters are:
  • Anime boy with a key (Sora)
  • Overrated puppet from a Mario RPG (Geno)
  • Robot girl with a big posterior (2B)
  • Another anime boy but with headphones (Neku, don't know?)
Well if we want to play that game:
  • Normie chick with guns
  • Mrs. Thunder Thighs
  • Idiot "genius" with a dumb name
We could go on forever and accomplish nothing but piss each other off. At the end of the day, it's a game we're talking about. It's supposed to be fun. Speculation is supposed to be fun. Let's not ruin that by putting down others' interests.

I cannot be mad at the opportunity to fire anime girls at my opponents.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Say, remember awhile ago when I posted the CYL5 interim results and joked about the next FE rep? Well...

I guess you could say I have puts on sunglasses something to report.
Alright, please keep in mind I’m a total FE novice.
Whats up with Gatekeeper?
They seem really popular though apparently they aren’t a major character.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well if we want to play that game:
  • Normie chick with guns
  • Mrs. Thunder Thighs
  • Idiot "genius" with a dumb name
We could go on forever and accomplish nothing but piss each other off. At the end of the day, it's a game we're talking about. It's supposed to be fun. Speculation is supposed to be fun. Let's not ruin that by putting down others' interests.

I cannot be mad at the opportunity to fire anime girls at my opponents.
Lemme guess:
  • Jonsey from Fortnite
  • Chun-Li
  • Eggman

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Everyone loves Gatekeeper because he always greets you with a chipper "Greetings professor! Nothing to report!", then explains the latest news. With the combined power of memes and being a really nice guy, he just became best boi.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
During the school portion of Three Houses, whenever you have the opportunity to go around the monastery, you can talk to the Gatekeeper, who will have something new to say each time, and his dialogue always starts with "Greetings, Professor! Nothing to report!", which has become essentially his catchphrase.

He doesn't have a name and isn't playable, but his cheerful attitude and catchphrase, along with Kyle McCarley's voice work as him have made him a favorite among Three Houses fans. (Kyle McCarley also voiced Alm in FE Echoes, 9S in NieR Automata, and Mob in Mob Psycho 100, among other things.)

I don't think Gatekeeper was an option to vote for last time they had a Choose Your Legends poll, so people definitely took note of the fact that they added him as an option this time around.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
OH MY GOD STOP IT I CAN'T BREATHE
Oh, seriously, though, what an amazing burn. You get a big boost in brownie points, my good sir.
Eh, it wasn't that original. I've already seen someone do it when someone else suggested Gatekeeper for Smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gatekeeper is the Waluigi of the Fire Emblem fanbase.

He's a constant meme, but he's a beloved one and you'd be hard pressed to find people who dislike them.
Probably the single thing I've seen the FE fanbase agree on. lol

Ironic as the fanbase has a lot of gatekeeping in it's blood, going all the way back to the grassroots rom hack/import scene. I remember being made fun of for liking the Tellius games back in 2008. :teeth:

It's pretty hard to be a Mario character who's been playable in almost every spinoff and NOT be easy to recognize.

Honestly, I'd be willing to say characters like Toad, Daisy, and Waluigi are more well-known than some of the third-parties we have.
Part of me wonders if we would have gotten a different Mario enemy instead of Piranha Plant had it not been for movesets. Koopa Troopa probably wouldn't add as much given we already have other turtles on the roster and it's hard to do anything with a Goomba.

RIP Chargin Chuck & Shy Guy

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Ironic as the fanbase has a lot of gatekeeping in it's blood, going all the way back to the grassroots rom hack/import scene. I remember being made fun of for liking the Tellius games back in 2008. :teeth:
Tell me about it..I still get mocked for liking Fates and the avatar characters like Corrin & Byleth..or mocked for liking Tharja & Camilla (I'm so sick of hearing 'there's only one reason you like 'em'..like..no..there are other reasons)..I constantly get told to 'play the old games, newb'..when I was there for Marth & Roy in Melee, I played every Fire Emblem game we got in the West from day 1 (along with a translation rom hack of Roy's game)..they just can't accept that people have their own opinions and points of view on things..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's pretty hard to be a Mario character who's been playable in almost every spinoff and NOT be easy to recognize.

Honestly, I'd be willing to say characters like Toad, Daisy, and Waluigi are more well-known than some of the third-parties we have.
I mean, yeah. Mario's one of the biggest game franchises. Though I'd still bet on Pac-Man, Sonic, Cloud, Ryu and arguably Mega Man and Snake to be about as or more well known than the 2nd or 3rd tier Mario gang.

Part of me wonders if we would have gotten a different Mario enemy instead of Piranha Plant had it not been for movesets. Koopa Troopa probably wouldn't add as much given we already have other turtles on the roster and it's hard to do anything with a Goomba.

RIP Chargin Chuck & Shy Guy
Shy Guy would have legit slapped as the playable mook.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Apex Legends comes to Smash, have it be like the ARMS style tease where we guess who's getting in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom