• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Let me show you a picture

this was the first picture coming up after googling Kingdom Hearts do you see something (its Disney)
Man if only Kingdom Hearts had an Organization of 13 characters, or maybe even 5 "Guardians Of Light" who appear consistently

(Snarkiness aside, You can easily represent KH without Disney but Disney would add extra spice)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

this was the first picture coming up after googling Kingdom Hearts do you see something (its Disney)
I made a whole Challenger Pack based off the original KH content:

Stage: Station of Awakening

Music:
  1. Dearly Beloved
  2. Destati/Dive Into the Heart
  3. Bustin’ Up on the Beach (KH1.5)
  4. Shrouding Dark Cloud ~Gigas Blast~
  5. Destiny’s Force
  6. Squirming Evil
  7. Hand in Hand
  8. Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship Medley~
  9. The Deep End
  10. Scherzo di Notte / Black Garden
  11. Forze del Male
  12. One-Winged Angel (from FINAL FANTASY VII)
  13. Disappeared
  14. Another Side
  15. The 13th Struggle
  16. Sinister Sundown / Working Together
  17. Lord of the Castle (KH 1.5)
  18. Revenge of Chaos (Re: COM)
  19. Sora
  20. Tension Rising ~Reaper’s Revenge~
  21. Desire for All That is Lost
  22. Vim and Vigor (KH2.5)
  23. The Encounter
  24. The 13th Reflection (KH2.5)
  25. Hazardous Highway
  26. The 13th Dilemma
  27. Fight to the Death
  28. The Other Promise / Vector to the Heavens
  29. Rage Awakened (KH 2.5)
  30. Fate of the Unknown
  31. Fight and Away
  32. Critical Drive
  33. The Tumbling
  34. Enter the Darkness
  35. Unforgettable
  36. Black Powder
  37. Unbreakable Chains
  38. Master, Tell Me the Truth
  39. Forze Dell’Oscurita
  40. Dismiss (KH2.5)
  41. No More Bugs!! (CD version)
  42. Majestic Wings
  43. Dread of Night
  44. L’Oscurità dell’Ignot
  45. L’Eminenza Oscura
  46. Wave of Darkness / L’Impeto Oscuro
  47. Eye of the Storm
  48. Rise of the Union
  49. Forza Finale
  50. Nachtflugel
Spirits
  1. Sora (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Donald Duck & Goofy (:ultduckhunt:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  3. Shadow (Kingdom Hearts) (:ultgnw:, :starman:)
  4. Riku (:ultrobin:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  5. Kairi (:ultzelda:, :starman::starman:)
  6. Naminé (:ultrosalina:, :starman::starman:)
  7. Lea (:ultroy:, :starman::starman:)
  8. Roxas (Sora, :starman::starman::starman:)
  9. Xion (:ultmewtwo:, :starman::starman:)
  10. Aqua (:ultlucina:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  11. Terra (:ultike:, :starman:) -> Lingering Will (:starman::starman::starman:)
  12. Ventus (Sora, :starman::starman:)
  13. Young Xehanort (:ultganondorf:, :starman::starman::starman:) -> Master Xehanort (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Fatal Fury NeoGeo Collection | Idea Wiki | Fandom

this was the first picture coming up after googling Fatal Fury do you see something (its Mai Shiranui)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Coming from someone who used to be hung up on the whole keychain thing for Sora: You could just change the keychain.

Also, coming from someone who has played through and adored every game in the series but one, you could totally rep Kingdom Hearts properly without Disney. Heck, the Disney characters have like next to no actual involvement in the plot nowadays anyways, they're just kinda...There.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Are you suggesting that because of the Disney elements, it's hypocritical to want Sora but not Goku?

If people were asking for Mickey, Donald or Goofy I may agree, but Sora himself debuted as a video game character.

A more apt comparison could be comparing Sora to Android 21(who is a video game exclusive character), but 21 would still be unlikely even if they counted due to not being the main character of their series.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Mickey on a chain does not mean that goku is just as likely as sora. That’s a huge stretch
They could replace it with a Star to represent the Paopu fruit that Sora grew up with

Even then, 3 Circles in the shape of mickey =/= Goku
You know i diddnt say that right
Wanting Sora and hating on Goku is sorta a Double Standart
i never said anything about likelyhood
also you know what sorta means right
also also im specificly talk about people thinking Goku is the Worst No he is not i mean ther Minions Elsa and a lot of Others

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
A thought I shared on the Geno thread a half-hour before it was locked:

Out of all the fighters to get a Mr. Sakurai Presents, the Square Enix reps Hero and Cloud are the only ones whose movesets are shown off on Battlefield.

Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve all were demonstrated on their respective stages, while Hero and Sephiroth's stages weren't shown until their respective "stage showcase" segments.

It's probably meaningless, but the fact that it's ONLY the SE characters this happened to makes me think there's some obscure, specific reason.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some Statements

Everyones (not mine) Wishlist (for some reason) Sora,Dante.Crash anything that isnt from a represeted franchise

Sora is a video game character. Goku is a manga character. There is no double standard. None.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If that were the case, you'd need to account for Female Byleth, Shujin Joker, Alex, Zombie, Enderman, and Shirtless Sephiroth.
Shujin Joker and Shirtless Sephiroth are just the same character but with different clothing.

Same with Byleth but gendbent.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In that case, would the Future Warrior from DB Xenoverse logically fit that bill?
I don't see why not?

The only thing is the future warrior is such a blank slate avatar they have no defined race, gender, look or abilities which would make them quite hard to implement.

Is it a super saiyan, a human, a buu like creature, a Namekian or a Frieza like species? They all have very unique racial abilities so even that's pretty important.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Coming from someone who used to be hung up on the whole keychain thing for Sora: You could just change the keychain.

Also, coming from someone who has played through and adored every game in the series but one, you could totally rep Kingdom Hearts properly without Disney. Heck, the Disney characters have like next to no actual involvement in the plot nowadays anyways, they're just kinda...There.
Pfft, we all know that Sakurai NEVER changed a character's design to make them playable, no matter how small.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Bayonetta can get in Smash despite her design.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I hate Kingdom Hearts, but Sora is absolutely eligible. What is this "double standard" you speak of? He's a video game character, and it's not like he has to bring the Disney filth with him if he were to make it in.

He certainly seems dead for this pass, but if we see more DLC... I wouldn't rule him out.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sora is a video game character. Goku is a manga character. There is no double standard. None.
You know i diddnt say that right
i never said anything about likelyhood
also you know what sorta means right
also also im specificly talk about people thinking Goku is the Worst No he is not i mean ther Minions Elsa and a lot of Others

I clarified it already

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Shujin Joker and Shirtless Sephiroth are just the same character but with different clothing.

Same with Byleth but gendbent.
But the point is that they took up extra slots in WOL due to needing different models and renders. I don't know if anything has been updated on that front because last I heard they just...added more WOL slots.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean, isn't the main selling point is the Disney nostalgia? Even if they don't have any involvement in the story most of your gameplay have you hop in and out of different universes.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Something I've always stood by, as far as Sora was concerned, was that if something like his Keyblade being disney-themed was an issue, then it would be a cool idea to simply create a Smash-specific themed keyblade to sort of commemorate his appearance in the game. I thought that'd not only be a decent workaround, but something pretty unique and special for a newcomer like Sora! I kind of want to see what that'd be like.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Also youre really cool arguing
6 to 1 with me
And People say im not hated by most people i met and disagreed with
Life is Fun (if youre not me)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When were the Sephy characters revealed?
Geno doesnt look preMium.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said please no Goku. Smash is about gaming, celebrating it. Adding even one non-gaming character would go against what Smash is about.

And again why Goku? Popularity? Whelp lets ask for Batman then too because he's also popular!

Even then though, Sakurai has already confirmed no non-gaming characters, the one true confirmed rule.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
But the point is that they took up extra slots in WOL due to needing different models and renders. I don't know if anything has been updated on that front because last I heard they just...added more WOL slots.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but - bah? Different models and renders are not handled like this at all. Fighters each have their own folder containing model and motion data for slots 1-8 (or c00 to c07).

There's a parameter file that controls how many alt options a fighter has (the engine has support for more, up to 255 per fighter) as well as what entry in the fighter name file any given slot will use (Used for Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Steve but can work with anyone). Meanwhile the renders are handled in the same way, with the same parameter file dictating how many a fighter has and in turn, which ones to load on the CSS.

Bowser Jr., a character with eight full-fledged character swap alts, takes up one slot, the same as Captain Falcon who's got nothing but basic recolors. Sephiroth's shirtless alt is not taking up another fighter slot. No fighter is taking up more than one, unless for whatever reason you counted echoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom