• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It just hit me that there is Advent Children music in Smash. Which I believe is the first time we've had non video game music added? Perhaps someone can correct me if there are other instances of it.
Ai no Uta was a tie-in promotional single for Pikmin but wasn't used in the actual games.

Also the Tetris themes are repurposed Russian folk music.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It just hit me that there is Advent Children music in Smash. Which I believe is the first time we've had non video game music added? Perhaps someone can correct me if there are other instances of it.
I could be wrong but I believe so. Then again the Tetris theme is a Russian folksong so I guess you could count that as a non-video game song, although that's a public domain thing.

Edit: I don't know how I missed that people answered this question before me. I'm just tired I guess.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With Advent Children music in Smash, now I want to see the various instrumentals from the Pokemon Anime more than ever. Obviously the regular music is region dependent, but these are at least in every version of the show, not specific to a region.

Like this one. Kanto Gym(Intense Action).

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy I get to talk about Geno here now! Very cool and I hope he still comes in the game.
I didn’t even get a Geno hat yet! Haha

I am also on the board for Geno and still hold hope. I haven’t really thought about others behind him though. Hmmm... time to put my thinking cap on.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hi! Just wanted to come back in and say I did some more math stuffs. However, this time, I used math to gauge Fighter 9's potential background colors. This is the results I got.

If you're wondering how I did it, here's an explanation.

• I ratioed the RGB values of each DLC character background. The DLC character that releases after another has its value in the numerator, while the predecessor is in the denominator. So, essentially DLC2/DLC1.
  • I then document the current average, along with all the past averages.
  • This is important, because I take all the past averages, including the current one, and make it my Y-axis. The X-axis then represents the number of terms being divided in that specific average.
  • I then map a function to it that is the closest match to the data.
  • From there, my goal is to figure out how that average might evolve over time using the function.
  • I then plug that average into the average equation I want to use, and work backwards to find my values.

If you want some screenshots from my setup, here you go!

So... basically, what does this mean? Well, statistically speaking, it seems like Fighter 9 could be trending towards a Green or Blue background, based on past data.

In terms of character speculation though? I'd say... not much since this will most likely be wrong I imagine. But, hey, this was fun to do! Let me know what you guys think!
holy **** dream confirmed.

he's steve but it takes him 1/6th the time to get to diamond (completely by luck)

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping at least one of the 3 remaining spots are one of my most wanted but no sweat if it isn't.

But just imagine....

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hi! Just wanted to come back in and say I did some more math stuffs. However, this time, I used math to gauge Fighter 9's potential background colors. This is the results I got.

If you're wondering how I did it, here's an explanation.

• I ratioed the RGB values of each DLC character background. The DLC character that releases after another has its value in the numerator, while the predecessor is in the denominator. So, essentially DLC2/DLC1.
  • I then document the current average, along with all the past averages.
  • This is important, because I take all the past averages, including the current one, and make it my Y-axis. The X-axis then represents the number of terms being divided in that specific average.
  • I then map a function to it that is the closest match to the data.
  • From there, my goal is to figure out how that average might evolve over time using the function.
  • I then plug that average into the average equation I want to use, and work backwards to find my values.

If you want some screenshots from my setup, here you go!

So... basically, what does this mean? Well, statistically speaking, it seems like Fighter 9 could be trending towards a Green or Blue background, based on past data.

In terms of character speculation though? I'd say... not much since this will most likely be wrong I imagine. But, hey, this was fun to do! Let me know what you guys think!
blue or green background for CP9
bois
Mvc2-amingo.jpg

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, considering two of my MWs got murdered by Sephiroth (with one of them depending on an unlikely third pass for their chances), the ones I have left would be...
  1. Sora (technically not fully disconfirmed... as always)
  2. Ahri (though most other LoL reps would make me happy)
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Arle
  5. Crash
Again, this is disconsidering any characters that got murdered along the way (Kyo, Bomberman, Rayman and such).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, considering two of my MWs got murdered by Sephiroth (with one of them depending on an unlikely third pass for their chances), the ones I have left would be...
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Arle
  5. Crash
Again, this is disconsidering any characters that got murdered along the way (Kyo, Bomberman, Rayman and such).
Just wondering why do you consider Rayman deconfirmed?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Since I now have an excuse to post about this hypothetical event...

Imagine watching a Nintendo Direct in 2021 when it gets to the very end and they go "But before we leave, we have one more thing to show you." and then when the screen fades to black, the very first seconds of the one more thing starts with the sound of "Rise and shine, Mister Freeman.".
G-Man.gif

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It'll be interesting to see if the final roster of characters for the second pass holds to the "appeared as a character in a Nintendo system game" and if so how that might affect speculation for potential future DLC and Smash games. Realistically such a condition is probably not a dealbreaker for whom gets selected, but even with tenuous examples ala Cloud and Joker, the pattern has thus far held.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Personally I just don't see him being upgraded from his Spirit status. Ubisoft themselves have pushed for him twice and it didn't happen - considering his series' japanese status (...or lack thereof) and the fact that he was put into Brawlhalla pretty much right before Ultimate launched (Brawlhalla's company is owned by Ubi) is also a big red flag.

Admittedly, it could happen, but in his case I'm taking it more like a "chances are so low I'd rather not expect anything". Like I also do with Klonoa.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Arle
  5. Crash
i think ahri would be the worst case scenario for a league character besides yasuo but i can see why people want her.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
He's not deconfirmed, he's in the same spot as Min Min was before she was added. He's definitely one of the more likely candidates.

Anyone who thinks he's unlikely is just wrong.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Since I now have an excuse to post about this hypothetical event...

Imagine watching a Nintendo Direct in 2021 when it gets to the very end and they go "But before we leave, we have one more thing to show you." and then when the screen fades to black, the very first seconds of the one more thing starts with the sound of "Rise and shine, Mister Freeman.".
View attachment 296776
I always imagined that a Gordon reveal would involve G-man in some way. Considering he's the time lord wizard of the series and he's Gordon's (former) official boss. Side note but I also picture G-man as the legendary spirit that comes with Gordon's pass.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
everytime I see someone say their character was killed by Spehiroth, I just imagine them dressed as Aerith
To be fair, 2B dressed as Aerith isn't that bizarre a sight.

Geno, on the other hand...

i think ahri would be the worst case scenario for a league character besides yasuo but i can see why people want her.
Wait, why? I can see some people disliking the moveset, because no moveset appeals to everyone, but I think it's nowhere near comparable to Yasuo's sheer infamy within League.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I always imagined that a Gordon reveal would involve G-man in some way. Considering he's the time lord wizard of the series and he's Gordon's (former) official boss. Side note but I also picture G-man as the legendary spirit that comes with Gordon's pass.
I've had a few ideas for a Gordon reveal trailer myself, one of which would have the Einstein (or, heh, Coomer as some would call him) NPC scientist be saved from a headcrab by the Inkling girl or Samus (because orange shooters) in the nick of time.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Any thoughts on who the last 3 DLC fighters could be?
Fine I'll make some character predictions.

I think Sora is still coming despite Sephiroth appearing. He most likely could be Fighter 11 if Disney wanted him in at the 11th hour.

Crash Bandicoot to me is a no brainer pick. I'd be a little surprised if he didn't show up.

As for the last fighter, I'm just saving my last prediction slot for Sgt. Cortez because that's what I do.

Time to Split!

Don't worry about me heh.gif

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, 2B dressed as Aerith isn't that bizarre a sight.

Geno, on the other hand...

Wait, why? I can see some people disliking the moveset, because no moveset appeals to everyone, but I think it's nowhere near comparable to Yasuo's sheer infamy within League.

Dammit man you got me imagining Neku crossdressing in Aerith’s clothes

NOT MY BOY.

also re: your LoL part-
Yasuo: is currently the most infamous champion
Seraphine: hold my soda

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He's not deconfirmed, he's in the same spot as Min Min was before she was added. He's definitely one of the more likely candidates.

Anyone who thinks he's unlikely is just wrong.
Eh...I really disagree that he's likely. I truly don't think we'll get an Ubisoft character. Having their two largest franchises, Assassin's Creed and Rabbids, get brand new Post Release Mii Costumes at the same time really isn't doing them any favors. I feel like they'd come with an Ubisoft character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dammit man you got me imagining Neku crossdressing in Aerith’s clothes

NOT MY BOY.

also re: your LoL part-
Yasuo: is currently the most infamous champion
Seraphine: hold my soda
Neku already crossdresses, he even has a gothic lolita headband and a Chinese dress as Neku-exclusive clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom