• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
I think too many people are putting in faith that we'll get a big E3 character. I think that logic is going to backfire.

Smash never ends off "strong" (you know exactly what I mean by that) and it'd be odd to market your biggest characters at the end when most people were probably sold on the pack due to Steve/Sephiroth. Same goes for Banjo/Hero because after them, we got...a niche fighting game character and another FE character.

Imagine if the likes of Inkling, Daisy and Ridley were instead shown off at the last second instead of at E3. You want people to get on board earlier rather than later.

I'd keep your expectations in check.
ALWAYS hype responsibly.

It's why I'm going into this fully expecting our final DLC Fighter to be a SwSh Pokemon. 100% it's gonna happen. It will mean absolutely nothing to me, and I'll feel a slight twinge of disappointment before looking back at the roster we already got and basking in its glory. Probably go back and rewatch that E3 2018 reveal trailer again, just to remind myself of how enormous this whole thing is. Then hop back into the game and continue training my B&K Amiibo, because that will actually be a thing I'll be able to do soon!

And if it isn't a SwSh Pokemon? Then I'm pleasantly surprised! It's a win-win!

In random news, we're getting some kind of Square Enix Direct (I don't know what else to call it) this month.

The lack of TWEWY actually kinda stings...

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Do you have a specific rationale for that amount? I mean, it could very well be possible, but I'm just curious if we have an reasoning for why to get a relatively more accurate estimate.
well I feel like there will be more cuts than usual, but it's honestly more a gut feeling then anything

I'm just feeling somewhere around a 60 character base roster seems like a likely option.

Though, I need to think harder about this stuff to reach a more logical and well formed prediction.

Technomage

Smash Champion
ALWAYS hype responsibly.

It's why I'm going into this fully expecting our final DLC Fighter to be a SwSh Pokemon. 100% it's gonna happen. It will mean absolutely nothing to me, and I'll feel a slight twinge of disappointment before looking back at the roster we already got and basking in its glory. Probably go back and rewatch that E3 2018 reveal trailer again, just to remind myself of how enormous this whole thing is. Then hop back into the game and continue training my B&K Amiibo, because that will actually be a thing I'll be able to do soon!

And if it isn't a SwSh Pokemon? Then I'm pleasantly surprised! It's a win-win!

The lack of TWEWY actually kinda stings...
Ah, that advice on expectations has reminded me: Maybe we should make our expectations as low as possible (like expecting the final fighter to be a character everyone hates)? That way, nothing could possibly disappoint us.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think too many people are putting in faith that we'll get a big E3 character. I think that logic is going to backfire.

Smash never ends off "strong" (you know exactly what I mean by that) and it'd be odd to market your biggest characters at the end when most people were probably sold on the pack due to Steve/Sephiroth. Same goes for Banjo/Hero because after them, we got...a niche fighting game character and another FE character.

Imagine if the likes of Inkling, Daisy and Ridley were instead shown off at the last second instead of at E3. You want people to get on board earlier rather than later.

Thing is, this is the first DLC wave to have two E3s during it's lifespan. The last time this happened with Smash in general was the Smash 4 base game, which had Mega Man in the first E3 and the Miis - Which can be literally anyone you want with enough creativity, mind you - for the second. I can easily see Nintendo wanting to squeeze in another decently large reveal for this year's E3, even if it's not actually going to be revealed at E3.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Faith Conners would be such a great, non-fighting and non-disjointed rushdown brawler.

What was the last non-disjointed, non-figthing game brawler rushdown character?

Omg, I think it's PAC MAN.

I'm referring to the EA comments btw.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Faith Conners would be such a great, non-fighting and non-disjointed rushdown brawler.

What was the last non-disjointed, non-figthing game brawler rushdown character?

Omg, I think it's PAC MAN.

I'm referring to the EA comments btw.
In what universe is Pac-Man a rushdown character? If u wanted someone without disjointed hit box I’d recommend Pichu or WFT

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Thing is, this is the first DLC wave to have two E3s during it's lifespan. The last time this happened with Smash in general was the Smash 4 base game, which had Mega Man in the first E3 and the Miis - Which can be literally anyone you want with enough creativity, mind you - for the second. I can easily see Nintendo wanting to squeeze in another decently large reveal for this year's E3, even if it's not actually going to be revealed at E3.
I just feel like they already grabbed most people would have their eyes set on the DLC with Steve. With that, I kind of feel like Nintendo wouldn't care about an E3 reveal at this point.

But hey who knows? Maybe we will end of a slam dunk for once.

Pillow Pillow PAC MAN (like Wolf) has the "ability" to go from being a trap zoner to a full blown rushdown. He's a very versatile character.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I just feel like they already grabbed most people would have their eyes set on the DLC with Steve. With that, I kind of feel like Nintendo wouldn't care about an E3 reveal at this point.

Still, all eyes are going to be on E3 regardless. Even if the two biggest characters are out of the way, it'd be a smart move to keep the hype going while it's still visible.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I hate to be that person, but knowing Nintendo's trackrecord, I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That reminds me... I still hate Wario’s down special.

I wanted something from Wario Land games, not toilet humor.

That move would be fitting for Boogerman... why did Sakurai do that to Wario?
Even before Wario Ware, and still during the Wario Land days, Wario was always tied to toilet humor. The thing is, this was something that, at the start, didn't get brought over to his English releases until things became too overt to ignore.

Wario Land 2's Japanese promotional material was the first time the trait was given to him, but there he talks about how sometimes his farts are so powerful and explosive that they burn holes in his overalls, and generally talks about his butt a lot. And in the promotional material for Wario Land 4, he, and I'm not even joking...brags about how big of a dump he took that morning.

Wario was always portrayed as very serious and wicked in western promotional material, but in Japan he has always been the literal butt of the joke, with emphasis being placed on his dimwitted-ness, fart and poop jokes, and his constant failures. The reality is that the western view of Wario is that of a character that never existed, and just like Angry Boxart Kirby, is a product of advertisement localization.

Pushdustin did a longer write-up about that. Here's a link to the half that talks about the toilet humor aspect.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Funny enough I’m expecting one more big character but my MW characters generally fall into the category of “smaller” picks like Terry. So it’s always pretty easy to “hype responsibly” because even if I was expecting like, Crash and Dante those aren’t even the characters I want.

Furthermore though I think the “Smash never ends with a bang” mentality is stretched too far by some people. Just because we may not close out on someone who will absolutely blow people’s minds this is construed to mean “lol we’re getting a Pokemon” which is just a dumb oversimplification of the fact imo.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
So I see a lot of recurring talk about who on the Smash roster would get cut for the next installment. I'm curious to see what people think: How many characters do you think the next game would have at maximum (and thus by extension, how many would realistically get cut)?

The current Smash is going to end with a roster of at least 82 characters, so would that be considered out of the realm of possibility in the future? Would it be hardware issues or licensing issues alone that would result in cuts?
including newcomers i think it'll be around 70 characters. but i think we'll see alot of cut's.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New game - if Ultimate were to have 100 fighters, who’d you add? Mind we’re at 89 if you count Echoes, Pythra and PT.

you can go for 100 numbered fighters (no echoes) or 100 total fighters (4 echoes maximum, but you can always use less)

my plan is 100 total, 96 numbered fighters + 4 echoes. Will formulate shortly.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Funny enough I’m expecting one more big character but my MW characters generally fall into the category of “smaller” picks like Terry. So it’s always pretty easy to “hype responsibly” because even if I was expecting like, Crash and Dante those aren’t even the characters I want.
Yeah, everyone always points to Smash 4 ending weak while I’m here like ??? Bayonetta that’s sick.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And in the promotional material for Wario Land 4, he, and I'm not even joking...brags about how big of a dump he took that morning.
WL4's English manual also talks about this, and how he lets his clogged toilet overflow the house and doesn't clean himself after taking care of it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
New game - if Ultimate were to have 100 fighters, who’d you add? Mind we’re at 89 if you count Echoes, Pythra and PT.

you can go for 100 numbered fighters (no echoes) or 100 total fighters (4 echoes maximum, but you can always use less)

Simple: All the characters I have been talking about ad nauseum for my entire time here.

Let's be honest, all the fun new forum games just have us rattle off the same names we're always talking about. It gets pretty stale pretty quickly, honestly. Just a bunch of names, without any elaboration on what their content would be like.

PacificFun

Smash Ace

Furthermore though I think the “Smash never ends with a bang” mentality is stretched too far by some people. Just because we may not close out on someone who will absolutely blow people’s minds this is construed to mean “lol we’re getting a Pokemon” which is just a dumb oversimplification of the fact imo.
I want Kat and Lara Croft so I'm pretty versatile.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Let's see, counting echoes as part of the 89 section, I'd pick

Originals:
1) Krystal
2) Crash Bandicoot
3) Squall Leonhart
4) Yuri Lowell
5) Zero
6) Tingle
7) Dr. Eggman
8) Farmer (from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons)
9) Lara Croft

Echoes:
1) Coco Bandicoot (Crash echo)
2) Sonic Boom Knuckles (Sonic echo)

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
nah, that doesn't exactly sound very enjoyable
In the beginning it won't, I'll agree with that. Though there's still the possibility that the end result would yield a lot of enjoyment. Just something worth thinking about.

I want Kat and Lara Croft so I'm pretty versatile.
Speaking of Lara Croft, should some of her alt costumes be of her classic appearances? I'd love to see Lara have that wetsuit of hers as one of her costumes. <3

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Gonna keep mine relatively realistic on this one, although I have some dreamies that just would not happen.

Originals
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Officer Howard
4. Neku
5. Master Chief
6-8. Legends Trainer (Cyndaquill, Dewott, Decidueye)
9. Eggman
10. Estelle Bright
11. Reimu

SKX31

Smash Master
Funny enough, CV Dracula isn't just based on Vlad Tepes, but also Matthias Cornivus, King of Hungary from 1458 to 1490. Drac originally went by Matthias Cronqvist in CV lore. Cronqvist had a wife called Elisabetha, Cornivus' wife was called Elizabeth.
Huh, the Raven King you say?

The fact that the guy is partly the basis of CV Dracula feels a bit bizarre, NGL.

Also, funnily enough the real Corvinius and Tepes had a... complicated relationship with each other.

Of course, we're talking a pretty unstable time in history and a tense situation (Tepes was fighting an internal political rival and said rival's Ottoman backers - who looked to establish control over the area - while Corvinius looked to expand his own influence over the area as well), so it's kinda to be expected.

I'd also think my list would be pretty predictable if anyone's familiar with my posts. Still:

• 2 MOBA reps (Dota 2 and LoL) because I love the genre - but I wouldn't mind swapping Dota 2, my MW, with Gordon or Heavy.
  • Dante
  • Reimu
  • Kerrigan or Zeratul (StarCraft). Leaning Zeratul since the Protoss would thematically fit as a Chozo-esque specie and thus have that as a basis for a trailer.
  • Master Chief
  • KOS MOS
  • Zhao Yun or Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
  • Ezio
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja or Gilgamesh (Civ VI) as a non-standard fighter.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Fighter #81: Frisk
#82: Regigigas
#83: Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
#84: Bandana Dee
#85: Kamek
#86: Octoling
#87: Phoenix Wright
#88: Grovyle
#89: Megaman X
#90: Tails
#91: Waluigi
#92: Dante
#93: Arcade Bunny
#94: Marx
#95: Fawful
#96: Jedah (Fire Emblem)
I can't think of anyone else I might want, so I'll just give the fans the last 3 slots
#97: Crash
#98: Ryu Hayabusa
#99: Doom Slayer
#100: Isaac

cashregister9

Smash Hero

1: Crash
2: Estelle
3: Saber
4: Kiryu
5: Inteleon
6: Reimu
7: Euden
9: Tracer
10: Master Chief
11: Dante

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Wait no am I doing math right idk

11 fighters then

so 8 new originals + 3 echoes

uh
1. Reimu
2. Neku
3. Elma (+ Mecha-Fiora Echo, Ken style)
4. Octoling (not an echo)
5. Arle ( + Tee Echo)
6. Ahri
7. Crash
8. KOS-MOS (+ T-elos Echo)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
nah, that doesn't exactly sound very enjoyable
Yeah, if we just sit around complaining about the inevitability of someone we hate, it'll just stretch out any disappointment we might have regarding the last fighter. We're just spitballing here for fun. If it's just "This is inevitable, it sucks, it's awful" for the rest of speculation, then what's the point?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In the beginning it won't, I'll agree with that. Though there's still the possibility that the end result would yield a lot of enjoyment. Just something worth thinking about.
I mean, nevermind the fact that a character that some people would dread may be someone else's dream character, I think people here also need to learn the difference between tempering expectations and fearmongering and/or "doomer-ism".

It's a good idea to go in with the mindset that you're guaranteed nothing and that your MWs may not make the cut. Probably safe not to expect the biggest characters across the board either - FP1 was front loaded so it's not unreasonable to assume the same of FP2. But then you have people being like "we'll get two more JRPG swordies" and "we're totally getting a Pokemon" (and at its worst "I bet we'll get another FE character") when putting it into perspective there isn't a whole lot of reason to believe that either.

Unlike Byleth and Three Houses, Gen 8 is past the point where it would be a brand new game that Switch owners are enjoying - seeing how Byleth was added with the intent to match a character with something fresh in people's minds (and still getting DLC not long after, to boot). Gen 8 will be two years old by the time DLC ends, both of SWSH's big DLC packs have come and gone and Pokemon itself is gearing up to move toward Gen 4. So that's over with. And then beyond that, Nintendo doesn't even have all that much to promote with how little they're willing to release right now. Maybe this will make itself clearer when June comes along but for now there isn't really that much people can get behind.

And then taking into account how both passes have generally done an exceptional job maintaining a variety of characters from different genres and generations of gaming to appeal to a wide spread of gamers, I think people who are assuming that we'll get more of the same are being a lot more unreasonable than the ones expecting them to go for something new and fresh... which the vast majority of DLC has been.

But yeah, I really don't think keeping your expectations in check means you should be expecting the worst case scenario - and if you are, then what kind of enjoyment can you possibly find coming here every day to talk about the game? To put it bluntly, nobody wants to hear that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh I’ll just assume that despite my net being cast pretty wide, I’m not expecting to get any of them

that way if I do get one of them...

and if I don’t, it won’t sting any more than it already does

Pillow

Smash Lord

Pillow Pillow PAC MAN (like Wolf) has the "ability" to go from being a trap zoner to a full blown rushdown. He's a very versatile character.
Being able to do that doesn’t change the characters classification.

Simple: All the characters I have been talking about ad nauseum for my entire time here.

Let's be honest, all the fun new forum games just have us rattle off the same names we're always talking about. It gets pretty stale pretty quickly, honestly. Just a bunch of names, without any elaboration on what their content would be like.
I don’t have any issues with the list games personally but I’d agree that discussion about how characters would actually function in Smash is a lot more interesting.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

1. Amaterasu
  2. Kazuma Kiryu
  3. Master Chief
  4. Sol Badguy
  5. Reimu
  6. Dr. Eggman
  7. Crash
  8. Phoenix Wright
  9. Skull Kid
  10. Toad
  11. Excitebiker

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don’t have any issues with the list games personally but I’d agree that discussion about how characters would actually function in Smash is a lot more interesting.
the problem there is that those posts never go anywhere. I post a moveset I spent hours on? Nothing, but when i make a ****ty joke with a funny reaction image i get 30 likes and 13 quotes. I'm therefore less inclined to put in effort, and more inclined to post memes.

Pillow

Smash Lord
the problem there is that those posts never go anywhere. I post a moveset I spent hours on? Nothing, but when i make a ****ty joke with a funny reaction image i get 30 likes and 13 quotes. I'm therefore less inclined to put in effort, and more inclined to post memes.
I agree, which means this is my time to shamelessly plug some movesets over the past week!

Jill Stingray
Julianne Stringray aka "Jill"

General Playstyle
Her gameplay is somewhat inspired by Invoker from DoTA. She's a very versatile all-rounder with a slight zoning emphasis that has the tools to deal with any situation, but needs to plan ahead and have good matchup knowledge to fully abuse her versatility. The best way to describe her would be a mix of Olimar and Shulk.

Stats
Weight - 96 (Same as Pit)
Air Speed - 1155 (Same as Cloud)
Fall Speed - 1800 (Same as Wolf)
Fast Fall - 1800 (Same as Wolf)
Dash - 1936 (Same as Mario)
Run Speed - 1534 (Same as Link)

Specials
Down + B (Mixology)
Pressing the move has Jill pull out a bar counter in front of her. Pressing shield will cancel her out of this move. Jill has 3 ingredients she can mix together (Adelhyde, Flanergide, Karmotrine each denoted by a specific symbol and color being red, green, and blue respectively). While this move is active, pressing A mixes in Adelhyde, B mixes in Flanergide, and X mixes in Karmotrine (different controllers would each have a slightly different default setup but it shouldn't be hard to map buttons to any controller). She can make up to 10 different drinks with various combinations of 3, and store up to 3 of them at once. Adelhyde drinks are sweet and tend to focus on self buffing, Flanergide drinks are spicy and tend have an emphasis on physical attacks / grappling, Karmotrine drinks are strong and tend to have a focus on zoning.

Drink List
A + A + A (Blue Fairy)
This drink will explode into a cloud of sparkly blue smoke upon contact with any surface, opponent, or shield. Anyone hit by the cloud will have greatly increased jump height but receive more damage and knockback from all sources. This effect lasts for 10 seconds or until the person under the effect is KO'd. The jump bonus functions similarly to Shulk's jump monado art.

A + A + B (Sugar Rush)
This drink will explode into a cloud of sparkly pink smoke upon contact with any surface, opponent, or shield. Anyone hit by the cloud will have greatly increased speed but receive more damage and knockback from all sources. This effect lasts for 10 seconds or until the person under the effect is KO'd. The speed bonus functions similarly to Shulk's speed monado art.

A + A + X (Moonblast)
This drink will explode into a small burst of sparkling energy upon contact with any surface, opponent, or shield. This drink travels through the air much faster and further than other drinks (think white pikmin vs normal pikmin). Doesn't do much damage but is an effective zoning tool.

B + B + B (Suplex)
This drink will explode into a burst of stars 3 seconds after striking a surface, or upon contact with an opponent or shield. This move travels through the air much slower than Jill's other drinks. This move is a command grab projectile similar to Steve's Minecart. A large star will carry an opponent forward some distance. They can mash out of this move, and will have a more difficult time mashing out the higher their % is.

B + B + A (Gut Punch)
This drink will travel a much shorter distance than other drinks (think purple pikmin vs other pikmin). Upon contact with a surface, opponent, or shield it will explode dealing heavy shield damage, damage, and knockback. This move will kill at medium %'s but is punishable and somewhat difficult to land.

B + B + X (Marsblast)
This drink will explode into a burst of fire 3 seconds after striking a surface, or upon contact with an opponent or shield. This move travels through the air much slower than Jill's other drinks (think purple pikmin vs regular pikmin) before trapping them in a fire effect similar to PK fire or Holy Water. Punishable and slow, but useful for setting up for kills.

X + X + X (Mercuryblast)
This drink will explode into an icy cloud upon contact with any surface, opponent, or shield. Anyone struck by the explosion will be briefly frozen and take moderate damage and be knocked a short distance away relative to their distance from the center of the explosion. The damage and knockback is similar to the Mii Gunner's grenade launcher move.

X + X + A (Brandtini)
This drink will explode into a cloud of yellowish smoke upon contact with any surface, opponent, or shield. Anyone hit by the cloud will take less damage and knockback from all sources, but also deal less damage and knockback. This effect lasts for 10 seconds or until the person under the effect is KO'd. The jump bonus functions similarly to Shulk's shield monado art.

X + X + B (Cobalt Velvet)
This drink will explode and immediately sink onto any surface it lands on becoming a small red sparkle on the stage. Only upon contact with an opponent or the player will it explode again. This move is a trap similar to C4 or Isabelle Lloyd, but cannot be reactivated manually so it's most similar to Snake's land mine from Brawl.

A + B + X (Zen Star)
This drink will explode into fireworks upon contact with any surface, opponent or shield dealing moderate damage and knockback. After 3 seconds it will explode again at the same location it did initially dealing heavy damage and knockback.

Shield + B (Cycle)
Pressing the special button while shielded will rotate the current drink Jill has lined up without breaking her shield. It functions identically to Olimar down + B without any of extra functions the whistle has.

Neutral B (Drink Up)
This move functions identically to Snake's grenades, except instead of grenades they use Jill's next stored drink. Holding B will have Jill hold the bottle in her hand, pressing shield after holding will have her drop it on the ground beneath her feet, tapping B will have her lob the drink, will smashing B in a direction will have her throw it forward horizontally.

Side + B (Empty Bottle)
This move will throw an empty bottle forwards which looks identical to Jill's neutral B before the drink shatters with the sound of broken glass. Unlike the neutral B, this move does not actually consume one of Jill's drinks. It will deal very minor damage and hitstun, and is mostly used as a fakeout move.

Up + B (On the House)
Holding this move will have Jill charge it by shaking her drink mixer. Releasing it will have Jill open the cap of the mixer releasing its contents downwards and launching her upwards based on how long this move was charged. Think of this like a chargeable version of Greninja's Up B, the liquid inside the drink mixer can also push opponents but it will not damage them.

Tilts
Jab - A simple one, two straight punch with each arm, similar to Snake's but without the roundhouse kick finish
Dtilt - Jill spins a bottle in front of her before catching it (similar to Palutena's dtilt)
Ftilt - A fast swing with a bottle dealing light damage
Utilt - Jill tosses her drink mixer up which spins for a moment before she catches it (similar to Joker's Utilt)
Dash attack - Jill continues her forward momentum with a sliding kick similar to the dtilt of other characters like Cloud and the Belmonts

Aerials
Nair - Jill swings her bottle in a circle (similar to MinMin's Nair)
Fair - Jill drops her bottle in front of her (similar to G&W's bomb fair)
Bair - Jill swings her bottle behind her (Similar to 's bair but with much less range)
Dair - Jill swings her bottle in an arc beneath her (Similar to Lucina's dair but is faster, does not spike and has less range)
Uair - Jill uncaps a bottle and a burst of liquid shoots from it traveling upwards, functions similarly to G&W uair but not multhit

Smash Attacks
Fsmash - Jill swings her bottle forward like a club (similar to Banjo's fsmash)
Dsmash - Jill throws a bottle down in front of her which breaks dealing moderate damage and launching foes away at an angle
Usmash - Jill does an overhead swing with her bottle

Grab/Pummel
Jill's grab range and speed is pretty average.

Pummel - Jill smacks her opponent with a bottle
Fthrow - Jill simply shoves her opponent forward
Uthrow - Jill uncaps her bottle and shoots opponent with liquid pushing them upward
Bthrow - Jill uncaps her bottle and shoots opponent with liquid pushing them backward
Dthrow - Jill tosses her opponent to the ground then smacks them with her bottle launching them upward

Hatsune Miku
General Playstyle
Tricky lightweight floaty trapper/zoner that sacrifices some range for versatility and defensive options

Stats
Weight - 78 (Same as Sheik)
Air Speed - 1208 (Same as Mario)
Fall Speed - 1019 (Same as WFT)
Fast Fall - 2400 (Same as Mario)
Dash - 2035 (Same as Palu)
Run Speed - 2080 (between Palu and Metaknight, she glides similar to them as her run animation)

Specials
Neutral B - "VOC@LOID"
Miku shoots a laser projectile horizontally. Holding the button lets you ricochet the projectile at an angle up to 2 times (think of it like a projectile version of Pikachu's Up B)

Side B - "That One Second Slow Motion"
Miku dashes forward horizontally leaving an afterimage behind her and dealing damage to anyone she strikes in her path. This move functions similarly to Fox's Side B. If she presses B again at any time before the move is completed she will teleport back to her starting location when she initially used the move. This move will dash past shields but has a decent amount of end lag.

Up B - "Far Away"
Miku does a dancy spin surrounded by a swirl of colorful musical notes. This is a teleport move similar to Zelda's up B. If used on the ground the there will be a hitbox where Miku starts the move but not where she lands. If used in the air the reverse will happen where she'll have a hitbox where she lands but not when she uses the move.

Down B - "Sweet Drops After the Rain"
Activate to have a colorful musical note appear, which will float beside Miku for a bit then rapidly home in on the nearest enemy. This move can be held to have multiple notes appear (up to 3). The damage isn't much, this move is meant to be more of an approach tool than anything else kind of like Villager Side B.

Tilts
Jab: Miku extends her arm with her finger pointed forward for the initial jab, repeatedly tapping causes small musical notes to appear from the tip of her finger which deal additional damage
Ftilt: Miku strikes an idol pose with a peace sign which has short range but hits both sides of her similar to WFT
Dtilt: A simple low kick in front of her
Utilt: Miku does a sort of dancy upward motion with her arms which sweeps from in front of her to above her (does not hit behind her)
Dash Attack: Miku continues floating forward while being enveloped in bluish energy. Functions similarly to Kirby dash attack.

Aerials
Nair - Miku strikes a pose in midair and emits a quick burst of electrical energy from her body. Works similarly to Greninja or Sephiroth Nairs.
Uair - Miku does a floaty backflip, looks similar to Rosalina's nair but is slightly faster with less range
Bair - Miku rotates her waste with her arms in front of her in a dancey pose
Fair - Miku creates a colorful musical note which appears in front of her then slowly falls to the ground (similar to G&W's fair but has a larger hitbox when it spawns and descends much slower

Smash Attacks
Fsmash: Miku creates a wave of green energy which travels a short distance in front of her (it's meant to look like a DJ synthesizer).Functionally it's sort of similar to Megaman's forward smash but it travels along the ground instead
Usmash: Miku strikes a pose creating a heart symbol with both hands and an electric heart appears above her striking enemies above with electrical damage. Decent kill move but it's slow and punishable.
Dsmash: Miku creates 2 waves of green energy which travel a short distance on either side of her. It's similar to the Fsmash but each wave travels a shorter distance and deals less damage/knockback

Grab/Throws
Miku's grab is slow and has short range

Pummel: A simple slap
Dthrow: Miku pushes the opponent to the ground, a musical note appears and falls on top of them dealing electrical damage and knocking them upward
Fthrow: The opponent hovers in a circle around Miku alongside some lines (supposed to look like a musical sheet) before being launched forward
Bthrow: Same as Fthrow but the opposite direction and some musical notes follow the opponent hitting them (similar to Mewtwo's fthrow with shadow balls)
Uthrow: Miku creates a musical note than drops the opponent on it, it shocks them then launches them upward

Haruka Amami
General Playstyle
High risk fast floaty rushdown character with an install. Her hitboxes on her moves also tend to be kind of janky similar to Wii Fit's.

Gimmick
Haruka has 2 pretty simple gimmicks. Like a few other characters, she has an Idol meter that fills up by landing attacks. Unlike Cloud's Limit or Arsene, this meter only fills by landing attacks and does not increase passively or by taking damage. When the meter fills up she'll transform and replace her regular school uniform with an idol uniform, her normal attacks gain a 50% damage increase and deal further knockback, and the properties of her special moves will change. Her idol form lasts about as long as Arsene, however unlike Arsene, her meter can be filled while the install is still happening.

The second, is exactly like Incineroar's. After landing an attack successfully, Haruka will strike a pose (unlike Incineroar's hers will be cutesy idol poses rather than taunts). Like Incineroar, she can cancel the animations early. However, if she chooses to let the full animation complete then her Idol meter will fill up further.

Stats
Weight: 78
Air Speed: 1.208
Fast Fall: 2.88
Gravity: 0.07
Dash Speed: 2.09
Run Speed: 2.09

Specials
B: "Positive!"
Haruka strikes a cheerful pose and makes a peace sign with her hand. This move does very minor damage and hitstun if an enemy is right on top of her, but is mostly a move useful for landing or extending combos (think of it like a mix between Zelda B and Olimar down B). It comes out extremely fast (frame 1) and grants super armor while being used.

When in idol form, this move grants invincibility frames rather than super armor and this move can also reflect projectiles (the damage and knockback remain the same)

Up B: "Go My Way"
A spinning star appears beneath Haruka's feet which then propels Haruka in whatever direction you angle the move towards. This move doesn't have a hitbox so it can't deal any damage, but Haruka can act freely after using it similar to Sonic's spring jump. This move can be charged to increase the distance traveled.

When in idol form, she'll leave behind a trail of stars during the initial jump which deal minor damage. She also will gain a few frames of invincibility at the start of the move.

Side B: "I Want"
Haruka strikes a pose and makes a heart symbol with both hands. This move functions very similarly to Palutena's explosive flame, as the move will explode in a set distance in front of her. Unlike explosive flame, the move doesn't trap at all but instead deals and instant amount of damage and knockback (and uses Peach's heart sound effects/theme instead of fire). This move can kill around 150% on medium weight characters.

When in idol form this move deals much more damage and kill power (killing around 100% on medium weight characters)

Down B: "My Song"
Similar to Marth's Dancing Blade, Haruka starts the attack by making a dancing pose, and can continue the dance by repeatedly pressing B (up to 4 times). Unlike Dancing Blade she can change the direction of the attack midway through, and has variations on each stage of the extension rather than just at the end of the chain of attacks.

When in idol form the last attack of the string will have an additional heart effect and have more launch power. During the string itself colorful musical notes will pop out of her model dealing minor amounts of damage.

Tilts
Jab: Haruka points her finger forward, repeatedly tapping A will send small stars flying from her pointed finger continuing the jab animation
Dtilt: A simple leg sweep. It comes out fast but the damage is low and it doesn't trip.
Ftilt: Haruka does a simple slap. Fast but has low range and amage.
Utilt: Haruka raises her arm above her head with her fist clenched. This move is fast and open combo strings but doesn't have much horizontal coverage.
Dash Attack: Haruka does a dancy spin while continuing to move forward. Has decent knockback but has some endlag.

Aerials
Nair: Haruka strikes a pose with one arm extending forward clenched into a fist and one leg extended backward (similar to WFT's)
Bair: Haruka strikes a pose with both arms resting on her hips
Fair: Haruka strikes a pose and a colorful musical note will appear in front of her which deals damage
Uair: Haruka does a backflip similar to Rosalina
Dair: Haruka does a ballet spin in the air

Smash Attacks
Dsmash: Haruka does a ballerina spin which hits both sides and deals moderate knockback and damage.
Fsmash: Haruka shouts sending a musical note which travels a short distance in front of her dealing high knockback and damage. This move has lots of start and endlag.
Usmash: Haruka sends both arms above her head to make a heart sign, an actual colorful heart with a hitbox will pop up above her as well.

Grab/Throws
Haruka's grab is relatively slow with short range.

Pummel: Haruka slaps her opponent
Fthrow: Haruka strikes a pose, a colorful star appears and launches an opponent forward
Bthrow: Same as Fthrow but in reverse
Uthrow: Same as fthrow but upwards
Dthrow: Same but downwards

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm going to go with 100 total. (I'm assuming that 4 echoes maximum doesn't include the seven that are currently in the roster) We don't know who the final two characters in the fighters pass are, so I'll just go with Dante and Crash (with Coco added as a bonus echo)

I'll add Jeanne and Octoling as echo fighters, since they seem like really easy choices.

I'm assuming that DLC Mii costumes and assist trophies are seen as consolation prizes by the development team (and that they won't make those characters playable) until proven otherwise, for simplicity's sake. I figure a Sonic character is long overdue, though with Tails as a Mii costume, Shadow as an assist trophy, and Knuckles as both, Eggman seems like the main option here. (I'll also include Metal Sonic as a Sonic echo - he'd hit harder than Sonic, but he'd be slower than the original, and his side special would be his yellow barrier/charge attack from Sonic CD)

That leaves six spots left. Zelda and Kirby both seem looooong overdue for a new character that this point, given how many Zelda games have came out since Melee and how many Kirby games have came out since Brawl, so I'll add Impa and Bandanna Dee. (we really could use a Zelda character outside of the Triforce Trio, and Bandanna Dee has been treated like a core Kirby cast member since the Wii)

Namco-Bandai seems equally overdue for a new character (it seems weird that they helped to make the game, but they only have Pac-Man), though I'm torn between a Tekken character (aside from Heihachi - he'd be my pick, but that Mii costume seems to rule him out), KOS-MOS, and Agumon. I'm not super familiar with Tekken, but I'd find it tough to justify picking Jin or Kazuya over Heihachi (at least, based on my limited experience - Heihachi's one of the four characters with a perfect attendance record in the series, and the only Mishima to fit that criteria). That brings it to KOS-MOS or Agumon, but there's debate on whether or not virtual pets (which is what Digimon started out as) count as video games, so I'll go with KOS-MOS to be on the safe side.

I'd honestly be surprised if Ryu Hayabusa didn't make it into Smash at some point, so I'll include him in here.

That leaves me with two spots left. As much as I'd love to put someone like Saki from Sin and Punishment (whose assist trophy is absent in Ultimate) or Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness in here, I'd find it tough to justify putting in characters from relatively obscure Nintendo games as what I assume would be DLC. It doesn't seem like any major Nintendo series (aside from ones that have their main character as an assist trophy) are missing, and with Impa, Bandanna Dee, and Pyra/Mythra, I wouldn't feel like anything needs to be added to the series that are currently included. (maybe Dixie Kong, but DKC just got K. Rool, so I don't want to overdo it)

I'm going to go with two genres that seem under-represented in Smash Bros. - beat 'em ups and first person shooters. Considering that I've got Impa in here, I'm not considering post-launch spirit events as a barrier, so for beat 'em ups, I'm going with Kunio. River City Ransom inspired quite a few beat 'em ups from what I've seen (among others, the Scott Pilgrim game), and Kunio was in a TON of NES/Famicom games if the Switch collection is any indication (and a ton of games in general, going by the series' Wiki). For first person shooters, I'm torn between Doomguy and Master Chief - I want Doomguy more, but Master Chief would be the bigger crowd pleaser. Since it's my list, I'm going with Doomguy, but it was a tough call.

So this is how it turned out:

TL;DR:

-Dante
-Crash Bandicoot
-Eggman
-Impa
-Bandanna Waddle Dee
-KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Kunio
-Doomguy
-Metal Sonic (echo of Sonic)
-Jeanne (echo of Bayonetta)
-Octoling (echo of Inkling)
-Coco Bandicoot (echo of Crash)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm going to go with 100 total. (I'm assuming that 4 echoes maximum doesn't include the seven that are currently in the roster) We don't know who the final two characters in the fighters pass are, so I'll just go with Dante and Crash (with Coco added as a bonus echo)

I'll add Jeanne and Octoling as echo fighters, since they seem like really easy choices.

I'm assuming that DLC Mii costumes and assist trophies are seen as consolation prizes by the development team (and that they won't make those characters playable) until proven otherwise, for simplicity's sake. I figure a Sonic character is long overdue, though with Tails as a Mii costume, Shadow as an assist trophy, and Knuckles as both, Eggman seems like the main option here. (I also included Metal Sonic as a Sonic echo - he'd hit harder than Sonic, but he'd be slower than the original, and his side special would be his yellow barrier/charge attack from Sonic CD)

That leaves six spots left. Zelda and Kirby both seem looooong overdue for a new character that this point, given how many Zelda games have came out since Melee and how many Kirby games have came out since Brawl, so I added Impa and Bandanna Dee.

Namco-Bandai seems equally overdue for a new character (it seems weird that they made the game, but they only have Pac-Man), though I'm torn between a Tekken character (aside from Heihachi - he'd be my pick, but that Mii costume seems to rule him out), KOS-MOS, and Agumon. I'm not super familiar with Tekken, but I'd find it tough to justify picking Jin or Kazuya over Heihachi (at least, based on my limited experience - Heihachi's one of the four characters with a perfect attendance record in the series, and the only Mishima to fit that criteria). That brings it to KOS-MOS or Agumon, but there's debate on whether or not virtual pets (which is what Digimon started out as) count as video games, so I'll go with KOS-MOS to be on the safe side.

I'd honestly be surprised if Ryu Hayabusa didn't make it into Smash at some point, so I'll include him in here.

That leaves me with two spots left. As much as I'd love to put someone like Saki from Sin and Punishment (whose assist trophy is absent in Ultimate) or Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness in here, I'd find it tough to justify putting in characters from relatively obscure Nintendo games as what I assume would be DLC.

I'm going to go with two genres that seem under-represented in Smash Bros. - beat 'em ups and first person shooters. Considering that I've got Impa in here, I'm not considering post-launch spirit events as a barrier, so for beat 'em ups, I'm going with Kunio. River City Ransom inspired quite a few beat 'em ups from what I've seen, and Kunio-Kun was in a TON of NES/Famicom games if the Switch collection is any indication. For first person shooters, I'm torn between Doomguy and Master Chief - I want Doomguy more, but Master Chief would be the bigger crowd pleaser. Since it's my list, I'm going with Doomguy, but it was a tough call.

So this is how it turned out:

TL;DR:

-Dante
-Crash Bandicoot
-Eggman
-Impa
-Bandanna Waddle Dee
-KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Kunio-kun
-Doomguy
-Metal Sonic (echo of Sonic)
-Jeanne (echo of Bayonetta)
-Octoling (echo of Inkling)
-Coco Bandicoot (echo of Crash)
KOS-MOS and Octoling, you’ve got my stamp of approval :shades:

that Octoling render is so cuuuuute >w<

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord

100 Ultimate Roster.png

tried to not just do my wants but that did take up a large portion of the additions

I will say though that Bomberman is really the only unique fighter that's just here because I want him

Toad and Dixie are long overdue, as are additional Kirby, Zelda and Sonic characters

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
would a Mortal Kombat character have fighting game inputs like Terry and the Shotos?
Possibly. Most MK games have Similar-ish inputs, but without diagonals. So they've got their own rhythm. Though MKX and Injustice 1 and 2 use more SF style inputs as well.

Stuff like Sub-Zero's slide isn't a charge motion but is Back, Forward+Kick. So Smash could implement that too. Funnily enough guys like Talbain in Darkstalkers has a couple MK inputs where you don't even charge his flashkick.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m hoping the fact Sub-Zero is the main antagonist of the new movie boosts his chances of getting picked. Scorpion is cool too but I’ve always preferred Sub-Zero and we could always use more ice characters.

Speaking of which, I’m curious how they would handle his freeze moves. Would they work like MK or Smash style like Ice Climbers and Freezie?
I'm assuming it'll probably work like normal freezing. But if every stage can get re-worked for Steve Minecraft's mechanics, Adding a unique effect specific to Sub-Zero might not be too troublesome. Even more so if it's an alternate take of an established status effect. I think Purple Fire effects are treated similarly to the normal Red Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom