• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wasn’t being serious with that post, just so you know. It didn’t come across that well in my post.
Fair enough, I know that banter was most light-hearted, but that list was more just general edification for any concerned since I'm aware that past that I have a reputation for cynicism.

Which isn't incorrect but isn't like... absolute, either.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So my current 2 predictions:

1. Kosuke Fujishima designed character
Lloyd's smash 4 mii costume has a copyright for Kosuke which meant he had to be consulted to add the mii costume so maybe the Lloyd mii is coming with a character desgined with him. So in short, a Tales or Sakura Wars character

2. 3rd party character from a stingy company
Since there's 2 mii waves left and 1 more returning mii costume, it's reasonable to think that one of the two waves will only have miis from the company of the respective company like wave 2 and 8 who probably has some degree of control over negoiations like with Square Enix.
1. He made ah my goddess, one of my favorite mangas. Would love to see some art from him in smash.

2. Yeah i am thinking we will get at least 1 new 3rd party company with no previous playable characters

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Currently drafting a post for my FP2 remaining predictions in RTC.

Ill say this tdlr
  • No more first parties
  • No Capcom
  • One Big third party for E3
  • One smaller third party last
Right now I have drafted about 20% of the past. I think I have solid arguments for what I am proposing will be FP2.
Crash Bandicoot and Sgt. Cortez!

Time to Split!

Time to Split compressed 2.gif

Ivander

Smash Legend
Lloyd's smash 4 mii costume has a copyright for Kosuke which meant he had to be consulted to add the mii costume so maybe the Lloyd mii is coming with a character desgined with him. So in short, a Tales or Sakura Wars character
That explains so much on why that one character from Sakura Wars looks like a fancier Lloyd.
Yes but

are they

STRONGER MONSTERS IN A USUALLY NEWBIE FRIENDLY AREA?
Midgar Zolom says hi.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That explains so much on why that one character from Sakura Wars looks like a fancier Lloyd.

Midgardsormr says hi.
... do they have THEIR OWN BATTLE MUSIC?
Currently drafting a post for my FP2 remaining predictions in RTC.

Ill say this tdlr
  • No more first parties
  • No Capcom
  • One Big third party for E3
  • One smaller third party last
Right now I have drafted about 20% of the past. I think I have solid arguments for what I am proposing will be FP2.
Imma bet LoL rep or Crash or even Arle, and either Reimu or the rumored Apex Legends character. Or **** it even KOS-MOS and the Lloyd costume comes with her

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Sakurai's note about all of the Capcom content did seem oddly suspicious. I knew already Monster Hunter wasn't happening (what did I tell you people~?), but there were Capcom characters I was kind of interested in the prospect of. Oh well.

I'd also say that the way he described the remaining two fighters pretty much seals the deal that this is it for Ultimate's DLC cycle.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Sakurai's note about all of the Capcom content did seem oddly suspicious. I knew already Monster Hunter wasn't happening, but there were Capcom characters I was kind of interested in the prospect of. Oh well.
One could argue that the smaller wave could be because they're splitting Capcom costumes across a future character from the company, but I think the likelier scenario is that this is just it for the company.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Judging by the fact that there’s really no rhyme or reason to the Mii Costumes returning I’m not inclined to predict a Namco rep this pass. Instead I think our final two will be from unrepresented 3rd Party companies and franchises. Top 5 I would say are:
  1. Crash
  2. Hayabusa
  3. Sol Badguy
  4. Adol
  5. Ahri

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Judging by the fact that there’s really no rhyme or reason to the Mii Costumes returning I’m not inclined to predict a Namco rep this pass. Instead I think our final two will be from unrepresentative s 3rd Party companies and franchises. Top 5 I would say are:
  1. Crash
  2. Hayabusa
  3. Sol Badguy
  4. Adol
  5. Ahri
Why Sol Badguy and Adol?

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Only 2 fighters left.

There are a lot of rumors and possibilities
  • Crash bandicoot
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Chun-li
  • A S&S Pokemon
  • Doom Slayer

Unlikely but still there
  • Sora (Due to who owns him)
  • Another Capcom rep
  • Master Chief (as we already have Steve in this pass)
  • Another Square-rep (Due to Sephiroth)
  • Another first party
  • A western fighter. (I really want another in but it really feels like that the few we got were only in due to circumstance (Working with Microsoft and additional reps like Diddy and Dark Samus)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why Sol Badguy and Adol?
They’re from unrepresented and larger Japanese 3rd Party companies that currently have nothing in Smash, Falcom and ArcSys, and it’s been kinda apparent that Japanese 3rd Parties are often prioritized over Western ones with the exception of Microsoft. Pair that with the fact that their most active franchises right now are Guilty Gear and Ys and I’d say they’re pretty slept on.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Only 2 fighters left.

There are a lot of rumors and possibilities
  • Crash bandicoot
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Chun-li
  • A S&S Pokemon
  • Doom Slayer

Unlikely but still there
  • Sora (Due to who owns him)
  • Another Capcom rep
  • Master Chief (as we already have Steve in this pass)
  • Another Square-rep (Due to Sephiroth)
  • Another first party
  • A western fighter. (I really want another in but it really feels like that the few we got were only in due to circumstance (Working with Microsoft and additional reps like Diddy and Dark Samus)
Wasn’t Doom Slayer shot down in that interview tho

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
They’re from unrepresented and larger Japanese 3rd Party companies that currently have nothing in Smash, Falcom and ArcSys, and it’s been kinda apparent that Japanese 3rd Parties are often prioritized over Western ones with the exception of Microsoft. Pair that with the fact that their most active franchises right now are Guilty Gear and Ys and I’d say they’re pretty slept on.
Level 5 is also another prominent Japanese third party company with no real representation in Smash. It literally has nothing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Level 5 is also another prominent Japanese third party company with no real representation in Smash. It literally has nothing.
I know it's Square Enix property, but give Level 5 some credit for Dragon Quest 8 that they created and was awesome.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Judging by the fact that there’s really no rhyme or reason to the Mii Costumes returning I’m not inclined to predict a Namco rep this pass. Instead I think our final two will be from unrepresentative s 3rd Party companies and franchises. Top 5 I would say are:
  1. Crash
  2. Hayabusa
  3. Sol Badguy
  4. Adol
  5. Ahri
Yeah I'm thinking we're probably not getting Bamco as well. Though if I had to list frontrunners it would still be...

1. Hayabusa
2. Arle / Kiryu
3. Crash

Complete hot takes I know. Personally I think the general lack of recognition Falcom gets in the West makes Adol and Estelle rather unlikely. League is huge, but my gut instinct tells me it's not happening mostly because of it's lack of presence on consoles (and I personally don't want to see it). 4 and 5 for me would be 2B and Master Chief because I don't actually believe in the 1 company per pass thing, but I really don't know anymore because I honestly thought a Capcom character was a lock.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Lloyd is likely the next and last Sm4sh Mii in the row, we can determine who the next fighter will be. Whether another Tales rep like Yuri or someone from Namco alone.

Or someone that wields a sword notably a katana (Ryu Hayabusa).

7NATOR

Smash Master
The only thing I'm very confident in is that we will get an Assist Trophy promoted in this pass, whether it's just one or it's both the last characters

SharkLord

Smash Hero
their most active franchises right now are Guilty Gear and Ys
Uh...
1614886369371.png

Yeah. Looks like they've been more focused on Trails/Kiseki for the past decade or so. I'm the resident Ys guy and I'm optimistic in Adol's chances, but I think this thread tends to just brush Trails to the side like it's nothing. Ys may have more legacy, but I'd argue that Trails is Falcom's main focus nowadays.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Judging by the fact that there’s really no rhyme or reason to the Mii Costumes returning I’m not inclined to predict a Namco rep this pass. Instead I think our final two will be from unrepresented 3rd Party companies and franchises. Top 5 I would say are:
  1. Crash
  2. Hayabusa
  3. Sol Badguy
  4. Adol
  5. Ahri
Gonna make a long write up of my predictions but here is who I would put some stock into this pass.
  • Crash
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Falcom
    • Adol
    • Rean
    • Estelle
  • Sol Badguy
  • Dovakhin
  • Arle
  • Ahri
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Reimu if you catch me on a good day

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Uh...
View attachment 305926
Yeah. Looks like they've been more focused on Trails/Kiseki for the past decade or so. I'm the resident Ys guy and I'm optimistic in Adol's chances, but I think this thread tends to just brush Trails to the side like it's nothing. Ys may have more legacy, but I'd argue that Trails is Falcom's main focus nowadays.
I know you are much more knowledgable on Falcom than I am. Who would you put more stock into between Rean and Estelle?

Staarih

Smash Master
Given Lloyd is likely the next and last Sm4sh Mii in the row, we can determine who the next fighter will be. Whether another Tales rep like Yuri or someone from Namco alone.

Or someone that wields a sword notably a katana (Ryu Hayabusa).
Or a(nother) JRPG character.
Or just some random character they wanna tag the Lloyd costume with. Who knows at this point.

The only thing I'm very confident in is that we will get an Assist Trophy promoted in this pass, whether it's just one or it's both the last characters
I dunno, odds for an assist promotion look kinda slim based on what we've got so far... but I could totally see something like Waluigi being the last character in the pass. I'm personally expecting at least the other of the remaining slots being a first party pick.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So my current 2 predictions:

Huh. So that explains a lot. Yeah Yuri is in lol. And that's on top of the Figures, well, SMASH SALT HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I think people overrate the chances of Falcom representation. It's prolific in its volume but not in its visibility, especially on a global perspective.

The main boon seems to be there's a lot of it. Which isn't really the strongest point. Series small in resonance but large in number are still small in resonance, and Smash typically angles away from that sort of thing with its third-parties.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know you are much more knowledgable on Falcom than I am. Who would you put more stock into between Rean and Estelle?
I know you asked SharkLord but one of Rean's edges is relevancy which is quite frankly not true anymore as Kuro no Kiseki comes out this year, a start of a new arc, meaning a new protag too

Pillow

Smash Lord
Not disagreeing with you, but Sakurai has been shown to favor legacy over relevancy for Smash in the past. For Falcom Adol can be both, but for ArcSys the legacy character would arguably be Ragna the Bloodedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom