• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
uh

vase theory???

this is the first i've heard of this
New Theory: The Vase Theory - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Vase Theory Updated, new information - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Vase Theory might be hinting at Sephiroth - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

The Images are dead because the Site used to embed them died, but Pretty Much I speculated on Shadow, then Crash, then Sephiroth based of the color of the vases and other details as well

It was a very out there Theory. It kind of guess Sephiroth, but I would not attribute the theory to Sephiroth getting in, Especially since after Hero got in, I gave up on Sephiroth until sometime after Min Min got in, and even then Sephiroth was not one of my active predictions, but a character I was paying attention to

SNEKeater

Smash Master
When do we think the release date will be for Pyra and Mythra?

I'm guessing March 11th. I don't know if there will something like the Sephiroth challenge to get them early (since it would make that less special if they did it for every character), but I figure that there usually isn't a huge wait between a character's presentation and their release. A week after the presentation seems reasonable.
I'm praying they release the same day or the day after the presentation. I just hope we don't have to wait a full week. I'm really curious to try Pyra and Mythra, to be honest. They look fun.

I'm saying Friday Night.
This is the correct option, so we can start playing with both girls in the best way possible:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm praying they release the same day or the day after the presentation. I just hope we don't have to wait a full week. I'm really curious to try Pyra and Mythra, to be honest. They look fun.

This is the correct option, so we can start playing with both girls in the best way possible:

For a second there, I thought you were gonna make a Friday Night Funkin joke.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When do we think the release date will be for Pyra and Mythra?

I'm guessing March 11th. I don't know if there will something like the Sephiroth challenge to get them early (since it would make that less special if they did it for every character), but I figure that there usually isn't a huge wait between a character's presentation and their release. A week after the presentation seems reasonable.
I’m thinking this will be the “available now” character like Banjo was but that’s more of a gut feeling. Reasonably I’d say the 9th since 5 days is usually the turnaround from presentation to release.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman

I will forever love this song and Yakuza for giving it (And other bangers) to me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eye theory. All upcoming fighters will have eyes, and Sakurai will be looking at the camera with his eyes during the fighter's presentation.
I'd love for this to gain traction so people can obsess over patterns between the eyes and then we just get 2B and Master Chief.

yes i know they have eyes but you get it

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
That's highly misleading. Unfinished means they got to the final stage before actually being completed, which is actually worked on and just not finished.

The vast majority of these characters didn't get past being considered, let alone planned, let alone worked on.
true, into actual development OG byleth and Rhythm heaven are pretty much it (og byleth likely being MH)

as i belive those two have series files for their stuff rather than the usual other.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Does Disney really care about Sora himself? I always figured he was only ever a contentious character because he appeared alongside characters Disney actually does care about.
Maybe not Sora as a character, but more care about the fact that they'd (likely) wanna keep Sora out of Fortnite due to being part of a family-friendly franchise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This week's event is a Pokemon tournament, so no new spirits.

Not sure if anyone expected new spirits, given that we just got Bravely Default 2 ones and a new character's coming soon, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
pokemon tournament

DAMMIT I GOT NINJA'D

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe not Sora as a character, but more care about the fact that they'd (likely) wanna keep Sora out of Fortnite due to being part of a family-friendly franchise.
I’m gonna be honest I really don’t think being a part of a “family-friendly franchise” matters all that much especially when apparently Wreck-it Ralph has made an appearance in the game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Pyra/Mythra is this week. There's a coming soon message for version 11.0

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also
It's saying we need to back up replays. Pyra's definitely coming soon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This week's event is a Pokemon tournament, so no new spirits.

Not sure if anyone expected new spirits, given that we just got Bravely Default 2 ones and a new character's coming soon, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
pokemon tournament

DAMMIT I GOT NINJA'D
Missed opportunity to call it a Pokken Tournament...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
oh

i know i usually don't believe tourneys disconfirm characters especially since Sephiroth came after three tourneys he coulda fit right in in

but

i definitely

100%

without a doubt

believe this is THE death knell for a Gen 8, maybe even a Pokemon DLC newcomer

TPC woulda greenlit a Pokemon newcomer well before then, I think

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
[Tournament event] "Great Brawl Pocket Monsters" will be held for 3 days from 3/5 (Friday)! A tournament with Pokemon fighters, stages, and items to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the "Pokemon" series. The more you win, the more luxurious spirits you get. # Smash Bros SP

【Notice】 Update data Ver. 11.0 will be delivered in the near future. Please note that if you update, you may not be able to play the replay that was saved until then. If you have a replay you want to keep, "Collection"→ "Replay"→ "Replay data"→ Please convert it to a video with "Make video". # Smash Bros SP

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm starting to think CP10 may be coming out before June. Because wowza Volume 2 is going by in a flash after Steve.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
true, into actual development OG byleth and Rhythm heaven are pretty much it (og byleth likely being MH)

as i belive those two have series files for their stuff rather than the usual other.
The Byleth being planned in 2015 claim really doesn't make any sense in terms of timing, especially when you consider how many aspects of 3H, which would've been in an embryonic state at the time, would need to be somewhat fixed to even make Byleth a suitable host for a grafted moveset of that nature.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
So hey, in regards to the completely-hypothetical-and-probably-not-gonna-happen Echo Pass...

How do people think that it would actually be revealed, given the lower complexity of development? String it all out one at a time (maybe each one drops alongside a balance patch and amiibo)? Two packs of two? Pump it and dump it at once? They wouldn't need to come with Sakurai Presents presentations, sadly.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also
It's saying we need to back up replays. Pyra's definitely coming soon.
Oh yeah, Pyra and Mythra are definitely releasing right after their presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom