• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So hey, in regards to the completely-hypothetical-and-probably-not-gonna-happen Echo Pass...

How do people think that it would actually be revealed, given the lower complexity of development? String it all out one at a time (maybe each one drops alongside a balance patch and amiibo)? Two packs of two? Pump it and dump it at once? They wouldn't need to come with Sakurai Presents presentations, sadly.
I think one or two would drop during an update if that type of pass occurs.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've long had this theory that as long as we know who the character is before their "Sakurai Presents" presentation, they'll be released the day of/the day after their presentation.

Known beforehand: Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Sephiroth
Revealed in the presentation itself: Byleth, Min Min, Steve (technically his reveal and his "Sakurai Presents" were two different things but the reveal was basically a Sakurai Presents on its own and the actual presentation was just moved ahead a bit to coincide with MineCon)

Shroob

Sup?
I've long had this theory that as long as we know who the character is before their "Sakurai Presents" presentation, they'll be released the day of/the day after their presentation.

Known beforehand: Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Sephiroth
Revealed in the presentation itself: Byleth, Min Min, Steve (technically his reveal and his "Sakurai Presents" were two different things but the reveal was basically a Sakurai Presents on its own and the actual presentation was just moved ahead a bit to coincide with MineCon)
That's also been my theory for the longest while lol.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Spirits, as in multiple ones?

I can't imaging "Red Crewmate", "Blue Crewmate", "Yellow Crewmate", and "Green Crewmate" would be an interesting spirit event.
Maybe multiple spirits wouldn't work, but I've seen a REALLY interesting concept for a single Among Us spirit battle. (And the Warframe spirit means there's precedence for a single new spirit being added in an event.)
If I'm allowed to submit spirit suggestions while voting is going on, I have a few I've made on my own time I'll share over time.

Name: Impostors & Crewmates
Fighter: Gold :ultdarksamus:x2 :ultsamus: x6

Series: Among Us
Spirit: Support
Conditions: The enemy will fight if provoked (new condition).

Stage: The Great Cave Offensive
Stage Type: Normal
Rules: Defeat the main fighters to win, Timed Stamina Battle (All players have 75 HP, 3:00).
Hazards: On
Music: Gamer

Effect: Improved Escape

Spirit fight explanation: This spirit battle best attempts to recreate a game of Among Us where you must determine which of the Crewmates are actually Impostors. In this case, the two Impostors will be represented by the two Dark Samus puppet fighters. At the start of the battle, all of the fighters will be indistinguishable by their Gold effect so you won't be able to differentiate the fighters by their colours but rather by their animations and appearance. The puppet fighters will avoid trying to fight you but if they are attacked, their AI will switch and they will focus on attacking you instead. Make sure you don't hurt any of the Samus fighters.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
This week's event is a Pokemon tournament, so no new spirits.

Not sure if anyone expected new spirits, given that we just got Bravely Default 2 ones and a new character's coming soon, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
A tournament with Pokemon fighters, stages, and items to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the "Pokemon" series.
heh

Remember when there were people that thought cinderace was gonna get revealed in the feb direct all because “this is how smash will celebrate Pokémon’s 25th anniversary” since it was like one week before the aniversery? Only for :ultpyra: from a game that Nintendo prob didn’t care about anymore these day to get in instead?

good times.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So hey, in regards to the completely-hypothetical-and-probably-not-gonna-happen Echo Pass...

How do people think that it would actually be revealed, given the lower complexity of development? String it all out one at a time (maybe each one drops alongside a balance patch and amiibo)? Two packs of two? Pump it and dump it at once? They wouldn't need to come with Sakurai Presents presentations, sadly.
i got an idea actually

if there's more passes after this, maybe have one pass have all four of its characters bundled with an echo

an idea.

• Arle Nadja (Tee ε)
  • KOS-MOS (T-elos ε)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Coco Bandicoot ε)
  • Reimu Hakurei (Marisa Kirisame ε)
i think we'd see four echoes max if dlc continued tbh, as per the remaining 16-17 EXE slots (depending on if Pythra occupy one exe slot or two. see epicmartin7's posts a while back)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
heh

Remember when there were people that thought cinderace was gonna get revealed in the feb direct all because “this is how smash will celebrate Pokémon’s 25th anniversary” since it was like one week before the aniversery? Only for :ultpyra: from a game that Nintendo prob didn’t care about anymore these day to get in instead?

good times.
The learning curve regarding anniversaries is minimal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New game.

How long until :ultmythra: gets added.

Place yet bets. Do I hear one week, one week, one week? Oh two weeks, I got a two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, THREE! SOLD to the fine person suggesting three weeks!
bro im STILL waiting for the Shirtless Sephiroth and School Uniform Joker alts to be premium post bgs...

....don't look at me like that!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • Reimu Hakurei (Marisa Kirisame ε)
Marisa as a Reimu Echo gives off the same vibes as Vergil as a Dante Echo. It's pretty much trying to force a a moveset of one character over another character who can't work with it, just because they're from the same series. If anything the Reimu Echo would be Sanae, and even then they'd still be unfitting; Their shot types are different, Reimu doesn't actively make use of her summoning ability like Sanae, and Sanae doesn't have a proper equivalent to Reimu's Yin-Yang Orbs, and that's just surface level.

In short, Touhou powersets are just too distinct to give Reimu an Echo Fighter.

Shroob

Sup?
Marisa as a Reimu Echo gives off the same vibes as Vergil as a Dante Echo. It's pretty much trying to force a a moveset of one character over another character who can't work with it, just because they're from the same series. If anything the Reimu Echo would be Sanae, and even then they'd still be unfitting; Their shot types are different, Reimu doesn't actively make use of her summoning ability like Sanae, and Sanae doesn't have a proper equivalent to Reimu's Yin-Yang Orbs, and that's just surface level.

In short, Touhou powersets are just too distinct to give Reimu an Echo Fighter.
To anyone who doesn't know Touhou well enough.

Reimu: Stick, paper talismans, ying-yang balls

Marisa: ****ING LAZOR rock

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
New game.

Place yet bets. Do I hear one week, one week, one week? Oh two weeks, I got a two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, THREE! SOLD to the fine person suggesting three weeks!
what if you always start as pyra and ultmythra won't exist? im paranoid i need ult mythra because im going to play as her 63 percent of the time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, pretty sure they'll give her a stock icon.
"they" being the Smash devs or the Smashboards staff? Because even if the HUD always displays Pyra's head they'll still need to draw a Mythra icon for G&W's throws.

The Smashboards staff on the other hand...:ultalex: :ultzombie: :ultenderman:

Shroob

Sup?
"they" being the Smash devs or the Smashboards staff? Because even if the HUD always displays Pyra's head they'll still need to draw a Mythra icon for G&W's throws.

The Smashboards staff on the other hand...:ultalex: :ultzombie: :ultenderman:
I think it's obvious I was implying the Smash team since the post I was responding to was considering an outcome where Mythra didn't get a unique stock icon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So this also means we gonna get balance changes as well right

It might be Small, but at least it's something
Basically, if they tell you to save your replays, then it means they're changing characters outright. Due to the way replays are saved, any tiny alterations changes how they display. Instead of simply making a video, it actually reenacts all the button/controls you used. Or the computer used, etc.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Nintendo Switch released today in 2017. 4th anniversary !! That means that "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is also on sale. It is regrettable that I had to rush to clear the development version because of the Zelda system study in Smash Bros. SP. #Smash Bros SP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This week's event is a Pokemon tournament, so no new spirits.

[twitter post]

Not sure if anyone expected new spirits, given that we just got Bravely Default 2 ones and a new character's coming soon, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
Friendly Reminder that Smash has yet to host a Fire Emblem Themed Tourney

Though in all seriousness, this does make another Pokemon feel very questionable given this is the 2nd Poke themed Tourney to happen in celebration of something big within the series, but it's also possible that it could mean another Pokemon fighter could just come with a different themed tourney behind it like Cinderace with a fire themed tourney since that hasn't happened yet. It always feels like another Pokemon will come while everything doesn't appear to be that way from the SwSh spirits that were added to the first Poke themed tournament to the latest 2 1st Party characters not being a Pokemon to now this.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So we (probably) have Pyra/Mythra confirmed to be dropping Thursday, or extremely close to that.

God, still debating if I want to stay up or just watch it when I wake up...... the latter is super ****ing lame.
Perform the chad move of going to bed slightly early and then setting 8 separate alarms that are all before the video and praying to god one of them works. :jojo:

Technomage

Smash Champion
New game.

I'd say no more than a few days, due to that warning to back up our replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom