• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
No need to try cause it's common sense that showing up in a ubisoft owned game in 2018 factually has no impact on his chances of being dlc in a different game 3 years later
...Which you would have seen in my post if you had read it.

Now, obviously, all of this means **** for Volume 2...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Concert Theory is true, then I got the final 3 2/3 right. My guess was Monster Hunter, Crash, and Jonesy, but Concert Theory has Xenoblade 2, Crash Bandicoot, and Monster Hunter music.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Concert Theory is true, then I got the final 3 2/3 right. My guess was Monster Hunter, Crash, and Jonesy, but Concert Theory has Xenoblade 2, Crash Bandicoot, and Monster Hunter music.
It’s not true. For one, that’s gonna be one loooooong ass concert. Two, Ken’s theme is absent.

and three... I worry for Sakurai’s health were he to attempt orchestrating that, considering last time with melee

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doubtful since Ezio appeared in SoulCalibur V. There is a very good chance that Nintendo didn't really care which character was represented since the general public, myself included only see the main characters from Assassin's Creed as some generic assassin guy. With that in mind, Nintendo probably sees the Mii costume as a way to represent the entire franchise instead of a single game or character.
Come on bruh, you really telling me this company couldn't care enough to do basic research on an incredibly popular IP which also holds popularity in Japan with Odyssey having a Japan exclusive Switch port and that Ubisoft wouldn't go "Surely you'd want Ezio, our most popular AC character?" Odyssey was expected to hit the big time in Japan and ended up hitting it high on the charts, second only to Super Mario Party on launch week?

Shroob

Sup?
I doubt we're gonna be lucky enough to get the presentation this upcoming week

But man, am I the only one who ends up going back and watching a whole bunch of Smash-related vids, be it discussions or reveal reactions, during the time of a new character coming out, even reactions to older reveals?

It may be silly to say, but seeing soo much excitement and passion for something you love is always nice to see.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Come on bruh, you really telling me this company couldn't care enough to do basic research on an incredibly popular IP which also holds popularity in Japan with Odyssey having a Japan exclusive Switch port and that Ubisoft wouldn't go "Surely you'd want Ezio, our most popular AC character?" Odyssey was expected to hit the big time in Japan and ended up hitting it high on the charts, second only to Super Mario Party on launch week?
I feel like Rayman has priority as far as Smash goes. We generally get mascots first. Mega Man before Ryu. Pac-Man before Heihachi. Banjo before Master Chief, etc.
But Ezio is most certainly NOT off the table in the future.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Northern Cave really, really should be legal. There are no excuses!
I mean, the visual effects of Meteor have distracted my friends when playing casually, a legit concern, and it's music being copyrighted prevent it from being streamed, meaning it'd banned for the sake of not needing to fiddle with options every time someone wants to play the stage

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Unfortunately, I think the competitive community wants as few stages as possible so they don't have to learn so many match ups.
Port Town Aero Dive was legal in Brawl, but Delfino Plaza is illegal in Ultimate.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I doubt we're gonna be lucky enough to get the presentation this upcoming week

But man, am I the only one who ends up going back and watching a whole bunch of Smash-related vids, be it discussions or reveal reactions, during the time of a new character coming out, even reactions to older reveals?

It may be silly to say, but seeing soo much excitement and passion for something you love is always nice to see.
i still go back and watch the everyone is here trailer on occasion. I STILL get giddy when Snake shows up

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I don’t know if we’ll get a FP3, I think we’ll know about plans moving forward before the last presentation.

We knew of additional DLC pre-Byleth, and the actual amount post-Byleth. To me, it seems like we would hear, in this presentation or the next presentation, information on FP3 if it exists.

In my humble opinion, however, I don’t think it does. I would be quite happy to be wrong, but I don’t expect to be wrong this time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well there's one excuse...
1613870977823.png

gramps voice "REXBOI ME BOB, SEPHIROTH KEEPS SPAMMING DOWN AIR ON ME NECK AND I AM IN EXTREME PAIN, ARGHARGHARGHARG!"
smh sharklord, never took you for a joke thief.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, the visual effects of Meteor have distracted my friends when playing casually, a legit concern, and it's music being copyrighted prevent it from being streamed, meaning it'd banned for the sake of not needing to fiddle with options every time someone wants to play the stage
Man, I wish the options were easier to mess with. Feels like we went from one extreme of usability to the other.

I like being able to save and load rulesets, but I really preferred how previous games handled the rules menu. Would have made it easier to toggle hazards, too.

We could have had Dream Land and Yoshi's Story with hazards in competitive no problem if it didn't require pre-setting every setup with different rulesets and changing them on counterpick.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Has anyone else taken a real good look at Pyra & Mythra's renders? They really are superb. I don't even mean it in that sense, they're just really clean renders, holy smokes.
Really wish we had high quality separate renders of them, they do look far better than they do in their own game.

But that's a given for everyone besides Mario and the brick.

I want a meme of Azurda going "Don't turn me into a competively viable stage!" and screaming in agony as he becomes his Battlefield form.
Close enough.
5z2b1wqvofi61.jpg

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Dabuz talked about the visual effects being an issue:

His other concerns include characters with insane air mobility being able camp underneath for a while, which... is kinda fair.

I think Competitive would hate it just for the single platform not being in the middle. Then there's Gramps' neck, which will likely either move or be slanted.
The competitive scene is perfectly fine with Kalos (Hazards off) / Small Battlefield / Town and City (both Hazards On and Off IIRC), so the middle platform's not an issue.

The slant is a problem though - it's more angled than Yoshi's, and slants can cause some wonky knockback. As well as Gramps' neck being really long - which can possibly cause issues to characters' recoveries. Gramps' mouth is also seemingly close to the blastzone, which would promote players fishing for grabs / kills on the edge.

The competitive scene is finicky because generally most people who decide the stage list want to eliminate excessive advantages. They can't eliminate all advantages of course (FD is known to promote some zoning for example), but most egregious ones.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey quick question

y’all know Hosoyamada, the producer of Puyo Puyo

was he involved in XC2 or ARMS in any way? I’m thinking back to how he retweeted what would be Byleth’s presentation in which pass 2 was revealed and Arle has yet to appear, playable or Mii or even Spirit Event

Dabuz talked about the visual effects being an issue:

His other concerns include characters with insane air mobility being able camp underneath for a while, which... is kinda fair.

The competitive scene is perfectly fine with Kalos (Hazards off) / Small Battlefield / Town and City (both Hazards On and Off IIRC), so the middle platform's not an issue.

The slant is a problem though - it's more angled than Yoshi's, and slants can cause some wonky knockback. As well as Gramps' neck being really long - which can possibly cause issues to characters' recoveries. Gramps' mouth is also seemingly close to the blastzone, which would promote players fishing for grabs / kills on the edge.

The competitive scene is finicky because generally most people who decide the stage list want to eliminate excessive advantages. They can't eliminate all advantages of course (FD is known to promote some zoning for example), but most egregious ones.
You're closer to the competitive scene, so I'll take your word for it, but I've seen the asymmetrical platform argument brought up for Steve's stage. That's why I mentioned it.

I have a feeling the stage size would also get brought up here, but that would depend slightly on the boundaries. There's enough irregularities that the discussion probably won't even get that far.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm just wondering, once everything's said and done, if they intend to like, sell merch of the completed banner.

Hell, I'd buy a wall scroll or framed version of it. :drshrug:
Same here..in fact, I'd always planned to, but I wanted to wait until literally every character was there.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As there are now 2 posts talking about Puyo Puyo I am once again asking how the **** you make the Puyos work in the context of Smash because I want to know how cool it'd be but I don't see it happening
Well... that depends on who you ask. I've seen some propose them as a sort of hybrid projectile/trap that triggers if Arle matches four of the same color, for example.

In this case, she'd probably have a set drop order for them and a "Next" window near her icon, like you see in Puyo games.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well... that depends on who you ask. I've seen some propose them as a sort of hybrid projectile/trap that triggers if Arle matches four of the same color, for example.

In this case, she'd probably have a set drop order for them and a "Next" window near her icon, like you see in Puyo games.
Stage control seemed like a too obvious answer but I have to admit, traps sound good. Though my issue is how Puyo isn't about stacking rows, but setting up chain combos, which is why it feels impossible to make it work, there's only so much space on the stage that Puyos should be able to take up

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey quick question

y’all know Hosoyamada, the producer of Puyo Puyo

was he involved in XC2 or ARMS in any way? I’m thinking back to how he retweeted what would be Byleth’s presentation in which pass 2 was revealed and Arle has yet to appear, playable or Mii or even Spirit Event
Ok but anyone know tho

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Stage control seemed like a too obvious answer but I have to admit, traps sound good. Though my issue is how Puyo isn't about stacking rows, but setting up chain combos, which is why it feels impossible to make it work, there's only so much space on the stage that Puyos should be able to take up
Hmm, true, but maybe they could disappear after a bit.

So basically it would take the "setup" aspect of Puyo and translate it into a zone control character that uses traps to initiate combos. I guess it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom