• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Are we really sure the mii costumes would actually deconfirm the hunter? Aren't those just two set of armors they can wear?

Hey for all we know they just could go for another type of armor and we would still get those miis back.
We probably will get those Miis back one way or another since they represent armor sets rather than a character outright, but surely if they were returning they would come with a Monster Hunter character. So if we see them this wave then I'd count out MH, since there's really no reason they couldn't have held off until the next one. But yeah the Miis will probably come back no matter what happens with Hunter.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Are we really sure the mii costumes would actually deconfirm the hunter? Aren't those just two set of armors they can wear?

Hey for all we know they just could go for another type of armor and we would still get those miis back.
It's mostly the timing. Why release Monster Hunter content separately when the big MH content pack is coming up? It's better to group everything together if there's a big pack themed around it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The fact the costumes are armour sets does change things a bit, though it's still mostly the same as if they show off those sets for a character that isn't Monster Hunter, why wouldn't they save it for the actual Monster Hunter? Like how there's no point in dropping a Sans costume if Undertale was the 5th DLC character

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
If I had a nickel for every time I heard this idea, I could personally commission Sakurai to add Black Shadow as an echo of Ganondorf, a character who he would actually make sense echoing.
If they named the Blood Falcon alt in the CSS I'd take that as a win.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Quick question. Who would you pick as the final two characters?
I'd go for Monster Hunter and Reimu

The only way I can see that happening is if the Hunter is confirmed first, then the costumes get revealed during their Sakurai Presents. It wouldn't make sense if the costumes were released before the actual character was revealed. But if the Hunter gets revealed, I'd guarantee some of the mii costumes would be different armor sets.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, might be a day late, but here's all the possible Fighter 10 colors according to the math stuffs.

It might be weird that I'm posting twice, but the three colors I posted last time were only the minimal colors. These 21 colors are technically all the ones statistically possible. At least maximally.

Of course, this is just math stuffs, so this is just fun stuff to talk about!

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Realistically, I’d go with Bandana Dee and Crash.

In my fantasy realm, I’d go with Sora and Crash.
Honestly, there are a lot of characters that I would still love to see. Isaac, Toad, Rayman, Scorpion, and Dragonborn would probably be my top picks. Since Isaac is already an assist, I'll go with Scorpion and Rayman. Really though, I'll be happy with anything as I'm pretty damn satisfied with what we already have. Lloyd and Hayabusa are my top predictions right now and I would definitely pop off for either one of them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well, might be a day late, but here's all the possible Fighter 10 colors according to the math stuffs.

It might be weird that I'm posting twice, but the three colors I posted last time were only the minimal colors. These 21 colors are technically all the ones statistically possible. At least maximally.

1613848204536.png

i have no idea how you get these colors, but they could work for my mws so i won't question them

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guess we should just wait and see what we get. It's either Lloyd or the two MH costumes at this point, and since XC2 already has costumes, it's very likely that one of the two will return with Pyra.

I think Lloyd is more likely since Namco already got its two other costumes in this pass, but Rise is a good excuse for MH's to return.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I have 0 idea who the last two fighters will end up being, but my best guess is Ryu Hayabusa (5) and Phoenix Wright (6). Dunno why Phoenix, but that's just what my gut is telling me.
I think Smash rarely tends to end on a predictable note, and I think PW would still be a wildcard considering most people seem to lean towards MH or Dante for a Capcom character. Obviously these could still happen among others like Crash, Rayman, and the like.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Monster Hunter planned for base, Chun-Li planned for base, Jill planned for base....

Are we sure this wasn't supposed to be Nintendo vs Capcom?
Hey, alot of us would be fine with a Capcom Fighter Pass. Heck, there's plenty of opportunity to have it reference the Versus Capcom series, like the Smash Bros. VS. Capcom Pack or whatnot.
Honestly, I just want Capcom vs. Capcom: Ultimate.
Don't we all? Capcom has such a huge variety of characters they could easily make a Capcom All-Stars Fighter.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It's more like an aura, they don't do burn effects
I know, it just looks like fire, though without counting that, there's the flame on the Phantom Thieves Emblem.
If they named the Blood Falcon alt in the CSS I'd take that as a win.
I'm still shocked they've never just made his alt into Blood Falcon to be honest.
Don't we all? Capcom has such a huge variety of characters they could easily make a Capcom All-Stars Fighter.
They've done one before, but it was lackluster.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Realistically, I’d go with Bandana Dee and Crash.

In my fantasy realm, I’d go with Sora and Crash.
Master Chief & Crash. They’re my two most wanted characters. They’d be a fun way to represent Xbox & PlayStation. I also think they’re the two most iconic characters not in yet.

Monster Hunter planned for base, Chun-Li planned for base, Jill planned for base....

Are we sure this wasn't supposed to be Nintendo vs Capcom?
Yeah, if these rumors are true then something weird’s going on with Capcom. Capcom is so easy to work with that they’d HAVE to be getting a character soon.

Everyone and their mother was calling Banjo and Capcom are notoriously easy to work with meaning that Jill negotiations falling apart makes no goddamn sense, I remember the rumour you're talking about fwiw so it wasn't some weird fever dream

We're sure, otherwise Samus would have the Shinespark
I’m not sure if it was Capcom being picky. It could’ve been something else, which could lead to them returning to a RE character. Maybe going with Leon or Claire now due to RE2 Remake’s huge success.

Good to know I’m not crazy for remembering it though lol. & yeah I know everyone was talking about Banjo. But I thought it was fun to think about... & I want to believe RE still has a shot. 😭

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In general, I think, Mii Costumes, Post-Launch spirits, and AT’s probably disconfirm.

It’s mainly a feeling, by the way they have tested them in previous trailers and presentations. It’s a feeling I get.

Context matters too. While I don’t think releasing Callie and Marie costumes would make Nintendo say, “We couldn’t possibly release a Splatoon character now!” It’s more that they would have saved it for the Splatoon character if there was one because all of these characters at this point have been planned.

It’s the same reason why Spirit Events are consequential too. Ring Fit and Astral Chain, as well as Paper Mario, all have had Spirit Events that just wouldn’t make sense to have if they were scheduled to be made playable.

The only game/series that I could see as an exception, is Pokémon. But I still think spirit events probably are a negative given that Three Houses didn’t have a Spirit Event around release.

I’m of the thinking that Mario would get one during the 35th Anniversary...because these things are planned in advance, and it didn’t get one. So in my opinion, it’s not Mario if we get another 1st party in the first place.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well honestly this seems like every color in the rainbow... except I guess pure red?

RIP my mans Dante then.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I know, it just looks like fire, though without counting that, there's the flame on the Phantom Thieves Emblem.

I'm still shocked they've never just made his alt into Blood Falcon to be honest.

They've done one before, but it was lackluster.
it would be safer to say all of fp2 is fire characters or include fire

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Realistically (somewhat) Ahri and either Octoling or Shantae or even Reimu

dream: Octoling and ...Elma... :crying:
Tbh with you, Rie, I honestly can't see a LoL rep being last. And I'm basically LoL thread guy.

League is basically one of the few games that I think would be close to Steve in terms of internet-breaking insanity, just because of how big it is and how outlandish the idea seems to be for so many people. Compared to that, the last reveal, which tends to dial the hype back down a bit... doesn't really fit that.

I still think LoL has a somewhat decent shot, but CP10 is our death knell imo. Either League is next or it's not in at all.

Holy ****, that's a lot of colors.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, it'll just use the black on his shirt :4pacman:
I mean that blue shade is perfect for nero

But all seriousness if dante were to be revealed i think it would be that one shade of red that is shown, a brown, and orange, or a silver or anything in the last row

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I have no idea what this nonsense is all about but it has multiple shades of purple so I'm in.

RAMEN.gif

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Also i feel like if there was a 3rd pass, they would focus on getting their own characters into the game

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Yeah I am thinking he's in.
gordon smash.jpg

SKX31

Smash Master
  • Euden - Dragalia Lost is a fairly large new Nintendo IP, their first original mobile game, and has gotten major crossovers like Mega Man and Persona 5. And yet, his has nothing in Smash as of yet. It seems very suspicious to me.
    Euden's pros are simple to explain, and so are his cons. Nintendo seems to be moving away from mobile games, and Dragalia isn't available in the EU (Ironic, considering the guy's name). It's a better situation that, say, Takamaru, but a lack of global release could be still off-putting to Nintendo.
I wouldn't call it "moving away from" when they're still supporting MKT and the like, but Nintendo as a corp tends to play things ridicolously safe. The mobile games didn't do as well as they wanted to, so they pretty much returned to old habits. That and Nintendo did pull Pocket Camp and IIRC FEH from Belgian app stores after the Belgian government introduced harsher anti-lootbox / gacha laws.

It looks so scrambled it's difficult to tell what's more scrambled. That or this Coat of Arms (Charles V of Spain / Austria, lived in the 1500s):

Then again, at least this Coat of Arms has symmetry. That group of colors represent Smash speculation so well:

Total Chaos. :4pacman:

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't agree with that at all, very little effort is actually needed to put the zombies in for models and the more gruesome Tyrants don't even need to be adapted in that regard even if Mr. X and Nemesis can be done without too many changes. As for the guns, people really need to realize that Japan isn't that terrified of firearms considering how little children shows have people get shot at by people with realistic firearms, including getting murdered by them. Also the rating boards do not give a single **** if Joker's is actually a toy gun that only looks, acts and sounds just like the real thing
anyone STILL going to the "realistic guns" argument isnt paying attention to how things have changed.
RE main issue is being game accurate representation within smash. its a survivial horror game where you can run out of resources. not sure how to rep that in smash or make it fun.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think an Undertale character could happen, Sans costume came in 2019 before FP1 was done; if the timing is right, then FP2 may not have had planning finished until the start of 2020 or November/December 2019, assuming Imran Khan was right about them deciding to do FP2 around E3 2019 (he said that at about 17:02 in this video: https://youtu.be/58WAbKCJ06A). We also still don’t have Undertale spirits when Cuphead got some not long after his costume.

Oh yeah, the smol genderless children or great skeleton are in, my dudes.

unfortunately I don’t think they’re likely despite this stuff but I’d love to be wrong
In general, I think, Mii Costumes, Post-Launch spirits, and AT’s probably disconfirm.

It’s mainly a feeling, by the way they have tested them in previous trailers and presentations. It’s a feeling I get.

Context matters too. While I don’t think releasing Callie and Marie costumes would make Nintendo say, “We couldn’t possibly release a Splatoon character now!” It’s more that they would have saved it for the Splatoon character if there was one because all of these characters at this point have been planned.

It’s the same reason why Spirit Events are consequential too. Ring Fit and Astral Chain, as well as Paper Mario, all have had Spirit Events that just wouldn’t make sense to have if they were scheduled to be made playable.

The only game/series that I could see as an exception, is Pokémon. But I still think spirit events probably are a negative given that Three Houses didn’t have a Spirit Event around release.

I’m of the thinking that Mario would get one during the 35th Anniversary...because these things are planned in advance, and it didn’t get one. So in my opinion, it’s not Mario if we get another 1st party in the first place.
Weren’t Callie & Marie in the base game?

edit: nvm I’m wrong they released with Min Min.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It looks so scrambled it's difficult to tell what's more scrambled. That or this Coat of Arms (Charles V of Spain / Austria, lived in the 1500s):

Then again, at least this Coat of Arms has symmetry. That group of colors represent Smash speculation so well:

Total Chaos. :4pacman:
So what I'm getting from your post is... Charles V confirmed?

I have to say it's not what I expected, but then again we do have a Spirit from a game called Napoleon, so I guess it makes sense in hindsight. :4pacman:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean?
More first party dlc. It could even out the number of 3rd and first party dlc. Pass 3 is probably going to only be the 4 remaining dlc spots. Adding the remaining 4 characters to all previous dlc would make 16 characters. We have 4 first parties and 6 third parties. Assuming the rest of this pass is third party, that would give us 8, leaving the next pass to all 1st parties and maybe one 3rd or maybe not.
They will either make it 6 and 6 or 8 and 8 or at least one of so like 7 and 5 is a possibility

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think an Undertale character could happen, Sans costume came in 2019 before FP1 was done; if the timing is right, then FP2 may not have had planning finished until the start of 2020 or November/December 2019, assuming Imran Khan was right about them deciding to do FP2 around E3 2019 (he said that at about 17:02 in this video: https://youtu.be/58WAbKCJ06A). We also still don’t have Undertale spirits when Cuphead got some not long after his costume.

Oh yeah, the smol genderless children or great skeleton are in, my dudes.

unfortunately I don’t think they’re likely despite this stuff but I’d love to be wrong

Weren’t Callie & Marie in the base game?
As Assist Trophies. This seems to be a trend of making current ATs into costumes

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The biggest thing that disproves orchestra leak or wtv for me is all the songs. They aren’t going going to get through all those songs in 3 hours. I think this fake is just poking fun at how Ken is in various leaks and that’s why they didn’t put the ken song so people can find something to say it is fake. Also guessing counterattack as the xenoblade 2 song is way too easy because everyone and their mum knows that song was going to get in with another xenoblade 2 rep. Just my thoughts but it’s too early to have another leak and if not even practicalbrush who has a 100% track record could know about Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra I think no leak is real . Crash feels like a safe pick people put in every leak and monster hunter has stuff said by Imran already that makes him look disconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom