• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Two questions for you all.

1. How many songs do you think Pythra will come with?

2. Do you think they might add Xenoblade X music?

Looking at Byleth and Min Min, we will likely get 15+ music tracks and for X, I have a feeling that Sakurai might want to throw fans of the game a bone considering that X only has spirits and no music at all. Even if it's just a couple songs, it would be greatly appreciated and I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
I expect around 15 music, which would be a bit more than Byleth, but a bit less than Min Min. I already made a list of song I would like:
Counterattack
Incoming!
Drifting soul instrumental (new remix)
Gormott
Mor ardain
Tantal (new remix)
Exploration
You will recall our names
Driver vs
Monster surprised you
Death match with Torna
Song of Giga Rosa
After despair and hope
Bringer of hope and chaos
Battle Torna

I just put 2 remixes, because there's really no reason to remix most of these song.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Looking at Byleth and Min Min, we will likely get 15+ music tracks and for X, I have a feeling that Sakurai might want to throw fans of the game a bone considering that X only has spirits and no music at all. Even if it's just a couple songs, it would be greatly appreciated and I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
  1. I think 10-20 songs
  2. Depends on whether or not X’s composer is willing to cooperate

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

1. Probably a similar amount to Arms (which had 18 I think).

2. At the very least, I think we'll get Uncontrollable.

I.D.

Smash Lord
They could just get some Smash Original Art done by the Devs like they did with Sheik in Brawl.
I don't think so. People argued a similar thing for a Zack spirit to come with Sephiroth and it didn't happen either.
Not to mention if they wanted this character to appear they could have done it with gameplay.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh I actually DOUBT we’ll see X Spirits in Pythra’s board as they have a much more realistic/sci fi aesthetic and the clash will be rather jarring

this is how Elma can still win... let me dream!

Firox

Smash Master
I expect around 15 music, which would be a bit more than Byleth, but a bit less than Min Min. I already made a list of song I would like:
Counterattack
Incoming!
Drifting soul instrumental (new remix)
Gormott
Mor ardain
Tantal (new remix)
Exploration
You will recall our names
Driver vs
Monster surprised you
Death match with Torna
Song of Giga Rosa
After despair and hope
Bringer of hope and chaos
Battle Torna

I just put 2 remixes, because there's really no reason to remix most of these song.
What? No Crossing Swords? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eU9N59CkkA

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don't think so. People argued a similar thing for a Zack spirit to come with Sephiroth and it didn't happen either.
Not to mention if they wanted this character to appear they could have done it with gameplay.
She's getting a Color at least. Either that or just crop the Ingame Model. Also, Zack is a Third Party so different rules probably apply on a Legal Level with Square lol.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, I kinda find it funny how people begged for Directs back, and now the general reaction seems to be "whelmed".
Well, that's because a lot of the games were underwhelming.

It doesn't help that sooo many of the announcements are just "this game from another system is finally coming to Switch".
Fallguys
Outer Wilds
Legend of Mana
Tales from the Borderlands
Capcom Arcade
Stubbs the Zombie
Plants vs. Zombies
Miitopia
Hades
Ninja Gaiden
SaGa Frontier
Apex Legends
Skyward Sword
Like, even if the games are good, it's like, yeah, but I already played that.

But it would have been even WORSE to get them individually. Imagine week after week of solitary underwhelming game announcements.

At least we got to have a few interesting announcements, and now I can kinda just relax till probably June.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While I'm not a huge fan of "a series' anniversary is now, therefore we're getting a character from that series", Nintendo has historically brought out the red carpet for Pokemon and Zelda's anniversaries in the past and this year seems to be no exception. As such, if an anniversary date goes by without a character with no character from that series insight... yeah, it doesn't look too good. I suppose we could a Pokemon later down the road with it still being an anniversary reveal, but TPC has generally concentrated anniversary announcements in February with releases happening later.

It feels very similar to Mario's anniversary passing by without a Smash character. Yes, there's nothing that says we couldn't get one down the road, but you'd figure that they'd try to strike while the iron is hot.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think the legend spirit is just gonna be KOS-MOS. Sure she's from Xenosaga, but she's a rare blade in XB2 with a redesign and everything. They even made a figure of her XB2 incarnation. She's like, THE coveted rare blade in that game; the fact she's from Xenosaga be damned.
KOS-MOS is probably a Mii this Wave. Her Xenoblade 2 Design is perfect for a Gunner.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me to see KOS-MOS as part of Pythra's spirit board, her appearance as a blade in XC2 is one of her more notable ones and the basis of a figurine (which was the most sold one of 2020 in one of Japan's biggest figure retailers). Maybe have her as a Mii costume too.

But when thinking of the Legendary Spirit, I think one of the antagonists, Addam or maybe Siren (if it has official art) could work too.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Tbh I actually DOUBT we’ll see X Spirits in Pythra’s board as they have a much more realistic/sci fi aesthetic and the clash will be rather jarring

this is how Elma can still win... let me dream!
We also got the feudal Japan-themed SamSho guys and the militaristic Ikari Warriors in Terry's Spirit Board. Tonal clash isn't much of an issue. Either way, I highly doubt we'll be getting a second Xeno character as DLC, especially considering Sakurai's statements on how FP2 is the end. I get wanting to be hopeful, but you also have to take what's realistic and what's not into account. There's a point where you just need to let go, y'know?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ay
I also too think we'll get a KOS-MOS mii costume in the pack. The Xeno series has so many callbacks and similarities despite being owned by different companies, and in this case we have KOS-MOS crossing over in XC2 so it's not that out of place to get a mii costume for the character in this pack. Besides the mii I also want to see a KOS-MOS/T-elos alt color scheme as well, Hinata really did spoil us with her drawings.

Oh and since I think we'll get a KOS-MOS mii in this pack I think this is gonna be where Lloyd's mii is dropped as well. Bamco character, JRPG, swords, the similarities are there.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Ay
I also too think we'll get a KOS-MOS mii costume in the pack. The Xeno series has so many callbacks and similarities despite being owned by different companies, and in this case we have KOS-MOS crossing over in XC2 so it's not that out of place to get a mii costume for the character in this pack. Besides the mii I also want to see a KOS-MOS/T-elos alt color scheme as well, Hinata really did spoil us with her drawings.

Oh and since I think we'll get a KOS-MOS mii in this pack I think this is gonna be where Lloyd's mii is dropped as well. Bamco character, JRPG, swords, the similarities are there.
I've said them before, but my Mii Predictions are:
Lora (Brawler)
KOS-MOS (Gunner)
Lloyd (Swordfighter)
Both Monster Hunter Costumes (Swordfighter)
Rayman (Deluxe Brawler)

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I think Pokemon's chance of DLC in this pass is a 50/50 at this point, since it is the type of series I won't be too surprised if it reveals its DLC in an E3 like event instead of it's anniversary.

SKX31

Smash Master
KOS-MOS is probably a Mii this Wave. Her Xenoblade 2 Design is perfect for a Gunner.
really.png

I get that on a visual level. But the Gunner playstyle does not fit her much at all, especially since it's zoner heavy and KOS-MOS doesn't exactly do that. Swordfighter's a really wonky fit for her too, but at least that has a more realistic mixture of up close and zoner stuff (which she does), and the sword can be modified into the futuristic sword(s) she wields.

Sure, personal opinion and all, but the Gunner playstyle fits characters like Cuphead better who want to avoid up close stuff, or Sans who is a bullet hell boss IIRC.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh no, Kos-Mos is going to be a spirit isn’t she?
One can only hope.

Make Reimu as a Mii Gunner as well and I'll finally be able to rest easy.

Sure, personal opinion and all, but the Gunner playstyle fits characters like Cuphead better who want to avoid up close stuff, or Sans who is a bullet hell boss IIRC.
I don't think Nintendo really cares. They made Aerith and Veronica Swordfighters...

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Lloyd will return, KOS-MOS seems like a good fit and... I don't know enough about Xenoblade to tell you who the costumes should be, but I think we could see a Melia swordfighter (they've made a staff work before) and Poppi feels like she would be a cool costume.

If we get Fiora though, who I think is also plausible, I feel like we may not get KOS-MOS.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
View attachment 304054

I get that on a visual level. But the Gunner playstyle does not fit her much at all, especially since it's zoner heavy and KOS-MOS doesn't exactly do that. Swordfighter's a really wonky fit for her too, but at least that has a more realistic mixture of up close and zoner stuff (which she does), and the sword can be modified into the futuristic sword(s) she wields.

And Mii Brawler doesn't fit Bomberman at all, yet he still became a Brawler sooooooo............, your point?

I.D.

Smash Lord
It’s probably a PNG that Monolith Soft never got around to using in the final game, hence why it’s only a character portrait, I guess.
Yeah, I mean we already have her portrait and I can bet my life that it's a crop out of the official art but haven't released publicly due to.. well spoiler.
That's not how it works. If there were full colored artwork you bet your ass they would have put it in one of the artbooks by now. It's more likely that they would ask Saitom to draw something new for smash than there being some years old piece of art that they have refused to release for no reason.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Poppi, isn't it weird how she isn't an enhanceable spirit considering her thing in XB2 was that she could be upgraded into stronger forms?
Probably because she had THREE FORMS and Spirits have 2 max

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Might as well add Hayabusa as a mii swordfighter because he is so generic looking and I will be the happiest person on earth
Spite aside, I wouldn't be THAT disappointed if he was. Just like I wouldn't be that disappointed if Bill Rizer was a Gunner or Kunio a Brawler.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Hopefully they include every Xenoblade 2 I mention here. Won't be surprised if the area themes aren't included, but Giga Rosa is a track I really want to see remixed at least. I also wonder if the spirit board will just be the Saito designed characters or if Torna and other rare blades will be included. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Gotta love how anniversaries don't matter until it's about Pokemon.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
That's not how it works. If there were full colored artwork you bet your ass they would have put it in one of the artbooks by now. It's more likely that they would ask Saitom to draw something new for smash than there being some years old piece of art that they have refused to release for no reason.
I mean from what I've seen every character in XB2 uses the same artwork as their official art (correct me if I'm wrong) and I could understand Saitom hold it off from releasing it in the artbook because of the heavy spoiler implication, I mean there's no way he just draw a head portrait because that pose she strike looks pretty dynamic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom