• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Because those actors are cheap and it's standard. I already explained Bayonetta always being planned to speak English by Sakurai's choice too but clearly you don't want to listen to actual reason either
Ah yes, the VA Change for Bayonetta 1 in Japanese was only added in Smash Ultimate, to my knowledge I need a Video for Smash 4. Also, you're contradicting yourself, since you said it was "Sakurai's Decision" for the Additional Voice Acting on Bayonetta, which completely contradicts your previous statement that this would be Nintendo's Decision. Additional Palutena's Guidance's would be Sakurai's Decision, not Nintendo's. So, you just contradicted yourself.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm calling it, FP10 is going to be Dante with a shirtless alt, and FP11 is going to be a woman with swimsuit alt.

Rie, I think you need to get that bonk stick ready. :4pacman:
Kiryu could also fill the part of a male character with a shirtless alt pretty well, I'd say.

And about the bonk stick... at this point, Nintendo might as well send one to your home themselves as the bonus for purchasing a third Volume, should they make one. :4pacman:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Honestly FP2 is already blowing FP1 out of the water in terms of the excitement I felt for each reveal.

Aside from Byleth being genuine hype and Piranha Plant being a strange mix of amusement, confusion and genuine curiosity, the rest were just, meh. I have warmed up to Joker since I have played some Persona 5, but the rest were just, neat.

FP2 didn't exactly start exciting for me with Min Min, whose game I just don't like. But the other three have been really exciting for me for various reasons. Pyra/Mythra are definitely the characters I have been the most excited for in either pass thus far, above even Sephiroth.

I am hoping this means one of the last two remaining slots is also a Nintendo character, but I am well passed the point of actually trying to guess who they are after that time they said Minecraft Steve would be followed up by One Wing Angel: Stabby Stabby Mario addition.
What happened with me was an "oh cool" with Min Min and that gave me hope for Rex and Pyra or Lora and Jin. I actually thought a xc2 rep was right after min min but it turned out to be Steve and I was happy with that and was like if cp8 isnt a xc2 rep, it won't happen. Sephiroth i was shocked and excited but also bummed out because it made a xc2 rep feel impossible. A few mins before cp9 I had stated I gave up all hope for a xc2 rep and it happened. That basically just made the pass for me and dropped my demand of a pass 3 lol. I've never had one of my favorite characters revealed for smash before so this is a new experience for me.

Outside of my personal bias since I love xc2, it was a great trailer. In lots of reactions I watched it had actually managed to fool many people into thinking it wasn't smash. I don't even think anyone realized the length of it either since of how well it was done.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah yes, the VA Change for Bayonetta 1 in Japanese was only added in Smash Ultimate, to my knowledge I need a Video for Smash 4. Also, you're contradicting yourself, since you said it was "Sakurai's Decision" for the Additional Voice Acting on Bayonetta, which completely contradicts your previous statement that this would be Nintendo's Decision. Additional Palutena's Guidance's would be Sakurai's Decision, not Nintendo's. So, you just contradicted yourself.
Here's your proof.

There's no contradiction in NoA being major cheapskates and NoJ directly hiring Helena Taylor.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So... in a few hours, we'll reach a full day past the reveal. Still no alts in Pyra and Mythra's page. I wonder why, the only character I remember taking this long was Banjo and Kazooie, whose alts were only shown after their presentation. Coincidentally, they're also the only fighters to not show alts during their trailer (though I guess Byleth didn't show any aside from the male and female variations).

Maybe they're waiting for the presentation?

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
In Smash, characters are depicted the way they are in their home series and not how they are as guests in other series. They bring other stuff with them like stages and spirits. There are other violent series in smash. Fire Emblem is violent. Bayonetta is violent and gorey. But there are no series as synonymous with over the top gore and violence as Mortal Kombat is. Most people who don’t know the game recognize it as that series with all the crazy fatalities. It is not that MK characters cannot be depicted in a non violent way, it’s that Nintendo likely does not want to associate a series like this with Smash Bros.
3rd party characters are not guest fighters anymore. Smash is now videogame all-star battle.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So... in a few hours, we'll reach a full day past the reveal. Still no alts in Pyra and Mythra's page. I wonder why, the only character I remember taking this long was Banjo and Kazooie, whose alts were only shown after their presentation. Coincidentally, they're also the only fighters to not show atls during their trailer (though I guess Byleth didn`t show any aside from the male and female variations).

Terry's didn't until after his presentation either, I think Hero and Sephiroth are the only ones to not do this. Smh Square bribed them

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
So... in a few hours, we'll reach a full day past the reveal. Still no alts in Pyra and Mythra's page. I wonder why, the only character I remember taking this long was Banjo and Kazooie, whose alts were only shown after their presentation. Coincidentally, they're also the only fighters to not show alts during their trailer (though I guess Byleth didn't show any aside from the male and female variations).

It’s probably because of “Coffee with Milk”.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Terry's didn't until after his presentation either, I think Hero and Sephiroth are the only ones to not do this. Smh Square bribed them
Joker, Banjo and Terry didn't have alts because there pages didn't go up until their respective Showcases, Byleth, Min Min and Steve's went up immediately after announcement with alts. That is why this Pythra situation is weird.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Everyone bring up the Second Chance for this pass Theory.
Mfw Imran Kahn Said last year in a podcast that Nintendo did Try for Sora back in the smash 4 days but Disney said No.
Mfw if could be like Steve where negociatiom took years to happens
:iwatanod::iwatanod::iwatanod::iwatanod::iwatanod::iwatanod::iwatanod:

This is how Sora can still win.

No more seriously, I dont believe this second chance theory thing, I think it's more of an happy coincidence, or in the case of Steve/Sephiroth a way to end loose end/negociation that ended after years.
Whenever it was for Steve, or for the FFVII content that apparentlu was hell to negociate to and legitimately took years with how crazy difficult for all region some stuff are to get.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Joker, Banjo and Terry didn't have alts because there pages didn't go up until their respective Showcases, Byleth, Min Min and Steve's went up immediately after announcement with alts. That is why this Pythra situation is weird.
Clearly, my joke about SE bribing Sakurai was right. Now if only this bribery was used to get Neku and Terra or cool **** like them

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
The dumber the theory, the more likely it is according to speculation results lol. I mean, fire theory and etika theory have been mostly right for the most part and they aren't serious theories lol

Reveals have picked up a lot, Sephiroth wasn't that long ago.
To say that Etika doesn't have any influence on fp2 would be blatantly wrong though. He was literally one of the biggest Nintendo affiliated content creators/streamers before his unfortunate passing. I feel like that could have the slightest bit of impact

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To say that Etika doesn't have any influence on fp2 would be blatantly wrong though. He was literally one of the biggest Nintendo affiliated content creators/streamers before his unfortunate passing. I feel like that could have the slightest bit of impact
I think suggesting 1 person was enough to convince Sakurai to make an entire pass dedicated to that 1 person is more disrespectful than anything

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, if this theory is true, then Dixie and BanDee have no chance anymore, because they’ll have to make way for 2B and shirtless Kiryu.:4pacman:
POV: Nintendo announces a third Fighters Pass.
You, being the avid Smash fan you are, buy it in your first opportunity. Six more characters, amirite?

Unbeknownst to you, the Eshop caught your data from Paypal as soon as the payment was processed. Specifically, your adress...

A few weeks later, a package arrives to your residence. The sender is Nintendo of [insert closest major region]. The only object inside is a baseball bat with the words "Go to Horny Jail" engraved in them.

A few seconds later, the bat lifts on its own and bashes you in the head.

It’s probably because of “Coffee with Milk”.
That's what came to mind too. Though it is a bit weird considering Sakurai tends to not care about alt spoilers (see Byleth and Sephiroth).

Or hey, it could be those swimsuit alts. Alpharad probably has another CPUCS beach episode to make, after all. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd like to point out that just because the fighters so far are confirmed to or could possibly fit in with Second Chance Theory doesn't necessarily mean they all will. Remember, Byleth was added after four consecutive unrepresented third-parties. I suspect that at least one of the last two fighters will be outliers.

I also think the "Chun-Leak" (Just call it Negotiations Rumor, it causes less confusion) is being misconstrued a little. I've seen people say it'll be dead if Lloyd comes back, but it's not about what's coming next, it's about what could have happened in the base game. The only reason it holds significance is the Second Chance Theory, and we could end up with Lloyd and Chun-Li, Yuri and Chun-Li, one of them on their own, or none of them. Unless Sakurai explicitly states they were never considered, there isn't a killswitch that lets us go "Okay, this one's fake."

Of course, an anonymous 5chan leak should still be taken with a grain of salt in general.

Paraster

Smash Lord
With Min Min and now Pyra/Mythra, it seems apparent that the "mascot/main character first" rule isn't a concern anymore (assuming it even was a concern). Does anyone have "secondary characters" that they'd either really like to see or have a chance of upstaging characters they DO want?

For me:
Quote: Curly Brace. Similarly iconic, playable in an alternate campaign, and at least two games she's cameoed in (Blade Strangers and Umihara Kawase Fresh!) either push her more than Quote or don't even include him.
Frisk: Papyrus. I actually pushed Papyrus over Frisk in the past, but then I concluded that Frisk would probably come first (even though you could argue Papyrus counts as a sort of mascot). Now, I think their chances are roughly even.
Neku: Rindo or Sho. It seems more appropriate for the first TWEWY protagonist to be playable first, but I could see them passing over him for NEO's protagonist or the fan-favorite character who's important to BOTH games.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Given that NoA went out of their way to get voice actors from around the world, including major names like Keith Silverstein, Matt Mercer, and Johnny Yong Bosch, to ensure as many characters as possible had their canonical voices in Smash for Wii U/3DS and Ultimate, it makes me wonder how much of Cloud and Sephiroth not having English voice actors is truly owed to Nintendo being cheap rather than unions refusing to meet them half-way.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
With Min Min and now Pyra/Mythra, it seems apparent that the "mascot/main character first" rule isn't a concern anymore (assuming it even was a concern). Does anyone have "secondary characters" that they'd either really like to see or have a chance of upstaging characters they DO want?

For me:
Quote: Curly Brace. Similarly iconic, playable in an alternate campaign, and at least two games she's cameoed in (Blade Strangers and Umihara Kawase Fresh!) either push her more than Quote or don't even include him.
Frisk: Papyrus. I actually pushed Papyrus over Frisk in the past, but then I concluded that Frisk would probably come first (even though you could argue Papyrus counts as a sort of mascot). Now, I think their chances are roughly even.
Neku: Rindo or Sho. It seems more appropriate for the first TWEWY protagonist to be playable first, but I could see them passing over him for NEO's protagonist or the fan-favorite character who's important to BOTH games.
honestly I feel like in most cases we will still protagonists.

like we won't get Cortex over Crash or Goblox over Rayman for example.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I woke up to an extra 10 pages, but has this been posted yet? It’s a post from January 8th claiming that Nintendo is going to do a Smash concert next year. It predicted one of the songs from Xenoblade 2 as well as N Sanity Beach (Crash) & Proof of a Hero (Monster Hunter).

CF1F5EB1-FD90-4759-939E-4E95E0D8810D.png

77CF5BE8-5989-49EB-A7EF-A658BD2F00C4.png

It’s very interesting, but it could just be another case of “Monkeys on type writers” especially since it talks about Crash & MonHun who are already highly discussed. If it is then congrats on that person getting a Xenoblade 2 character I guess lol

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dracula is a weird case - the character doesn't have any solid connections to the real Vlad III Dracula (The Impaler) since Stoker primarily drew from folklore about Romanian vampires and previous vampire novels set in the British Isles. Still, Vlad's own reputation for, well, not being nice to his foes began to spread during his lifetime, and everything roughly contemporary from German poems - where Vlad's a cruel tyrant - to Romanian folklore - which generally has Vlad as a hero - agree that he impaled. A lot. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an indirect connection, but that's tenous at best.
To be fair, Wikipedia thinks Castlevania's Dracula is worthy of his own separate article.
Well, if this theory is true, then Dixie and BanDee have no chance anymore, because they’ll have to make way for 2B and shirtless Kiryu.:4pacman:
Dee can still get in, he's wearing nothing but headwear :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

For me:
Technically speaking, the Aegis are main characters, even if Rex is the viewpoint character. It should also be noted that Min Min's presentation made note of the oddity and excused it with "everyone is the protagonist." The patterns does seem to be a bit looser, but it's not entirely dead yet.

That being said, we don't know the reasoning for Pyra and Mythra solo over Rex. It's a bit too early to tell at this point, so I'll have to reserve my judgement for the presentation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Given that NoA went out of their way to get voice actors from around the world, including major names like Keith Silverstein, Matt Mercer, and Johnny Yong Bosch, to ensure as many characters as possible had their canonical voices in Smash for Wii U/3DS and Ultimate, it makes me wonder how much of Cloud and Sephiroth not having English voice actors is truly owed to Nintendo being cheap rather than unions refusing to meet them half-way.
Adam Howden's literally the only actor they got who doesn't live in the US and unions not meeting halfway means Nintendo didn't want to pay a proper wage

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I woke up to an extra 10 pages, but has this been posted yet? It’s a post from January 8th claiming that Nintendo is going to do a Smash concert next year. It predicted one of the songs from Xenoblade 2 as well as N Sanity Beach (Crash) & Proof of a Hero (Monster Hunter).

It’s very interesting, but it could just be another case of “Monkeys on type writers” especially since it talks about Crash & MonHun who are already highly discussed. If it is then congrats on that person getting a Xenoblade 2 character I guess lol
At this rate all leaks should be dismissed and are fake.

I also really doubt they'd hold out the last two characters until next year.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I think suggesting 1 person was enough to convince Sakurai to make an entire pass dedicated to that 1 person is more disrespectful than anything
That is literally not what i meant. i'm saying he definitely did have a influence, but the slightest. I also wouldn't narrow it down to Etika since many other nintendo/smash based content creators were also disappointed in arms/xc2 not being in base game and huge supporters of them coming as dlc. To say that they don't look into their community or notice which characters are popular would be dumb. If they didn't, why would they put the 2 most popular characters from xc2 and the most popular arms characters instead of like lora/jin for xc2 and helix or sum **** for arms.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
this kind of got lost in the direct discussions so I'll post it now, also it was late and i was tired and i know my spelling an grammer were bad!

Square Enix: NIer has blown up with automat selling on par with FF and DQ it's an easy and obvious 3rd franchise to rep.

Conclusion: 2B from NIer

Capcom: While Resident Evil is historically their biggest, right now and for the foreseeable future MH will continue to be their top franchise, and DMC and AA don't really hold a candle to it either.

Conclusion: Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter

SEGA: this one is more interesting than the past two, they still have quite a few franchises to rep, i think Atlus is done so they could make a total war character from their western divisions, however a regular foot soldier would be pretty generic so im gonna count that out, in the cse left we only really have 2 major franchise left, Yakuza and Phantasy Star. Now im going to introduce you to the big boy trio, Nagoshi, Harada and Kondo, they all hold major positions of power in their respective companies (SEGA, Bamco, Falcom) and they are united by their hate for Nintendo, Nagoshi is the head of the Yakuza team... soooo

Conclusion: SWORD member from Phantasy Star

Bandai Namco: this company hs quite a lot of options, 4 stand out, Tales, Tekken, Souls and Taiko. Souls is more a from thing so im not going to put it into consideration. Now that leaves us with 3, and i'll like to introduce you to the 2nd Big Boy Harada!!!!! he was formerly head of just tekken and soulcal but now he head's much more like Tales of and Bamcos new AA(a) game. since he doesn't really like the idea of tekken on Nintendo and he's also the head of tales now you'd thin this would be an easy win for taiko but you'd e wrong, he only got promoted to head of tales recently so fighter negotiations started without him. unfortunately Taiko is much bigger than tales and the tales series struggles to sell a million copies WW, all it has going for it is the hardcore audience it has however since sakurai get's a little leeway in who he want's to choose im going to guess he's part of that audience which means......

Conclusion: Yuri for tales of (even though Don-chan makes a lot more sense.)

Koei Tecmo: this one's really interesting as well. the most popular one for the fandom is NInja Gaiden however.... it's kind dead.... also kinda tiny compared to some other KT franchises. Dynasty warriors would make a lot of sense, however the most famous games and characters from Dynasty warriors, are actually from one piece or persona or zelda so im gonna put a negative on this series. A character from a series handled by Ruby party (ne of KT's divisions) would be nice but they make ore tiny otome games so I'd say no to that. what's left is Nioh and atelier, Nioh is their biggest franchise off of their own merit's (Nintendo make KT work on FE and HW which are both bigger but from their own ip's Nioh is the biggest) however it's funded by Sony so that's almost a 0% chance of happening. So Atelier makes a ton of sense then, every single game in the franchise is on or will be on the switch, it's made with the switch in mind and has a pretty sizable fanbase, but then comes in Fatal Frame which is partially a Nintendo ip so Nintendo gains more than they usually would from it.

Conclusion: Yuri from FAtal Frame (with Ryza and Ryu tied at 2nd)

Konami: Silent hill is dead, tokimeki memorial is irrelevant, most of their other franchise's star spaceships as the main characters so all that really leaves is Bomberman and Momotaro Dentetsu although Momotaro is the bigger franchise it's only released in Japan so Bomberman makes the most sense.

Conclusion: Bomberman

Marvelous, the last one for Today, yay. anyway they have 3 major franchise No More Heroes, Story of seasons and Rune Factory, despite the acclaim for No More Heroes Story of Seasons is one of the most influential series in videogaming ever, it was basically the first life sim game which is now one of the biggest genre's in the industry, RF started out as a SoS spin off however that didn't stop persona, so RF could probably go toe to toe with SoS now but for the History i would have to Say Sos.

Conclusion: Pete from Story of Seasons.

there are my horrible opinions on what the most logical character would be for these companies, also i completely forgot about puyo puyo so just replace Phantasy star with it (and im adding this after the direct but Ryu makes more sense now imo) for an end result of: Monster Hunter, 2B, Arle, Yuri, Ryu, Bomberman and Pete. i guess rate my pass?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I'm extremely doubtful of leaks by default, especially seeing as an XC2 fighter was a fairly common prediction. Still, points for creativity. I went to a Video Games Live orchestra once, and was completely blown away. If there was a Smash concert, I'd grab tickets in a heartbeat.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
At this rate all leaks should be dismissed and are fake.

I also really doubt they'd hold out the last two characters until next year.
No, the leak just says the concert is next year. It seems like it’ll be an event to celebrate the end of Smash Ultimate. I’d love to see Crash & I’d like to see MonHun, but I hope it’s fake because I’m still holding out hope for Fighter Pass 3. Though, if that’s not announced alongside the next character then I don’t think it’ll happen.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice

proof of a hero is already in smash though so wtf would that mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom