• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given where the Pass is sitting now. Where do you guys think it goes from here? Seems so far it seems to be based on content that was left out of Base game.

Min Min - ARMS rep, was considered too late for Base game.
Steve - Negiogations for five years, said to have been planned for Base game and Pass 1.
Sephiroth - Possible Cloud being included was under the condition Sephiroth would appear.
Pyra & Mythra - Xenoblade 2 rep, same with ARMS rep.

This pattern could of course break but so far my only prediction now is Chun-Li will be announced for E3.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So given where the Pass is sitting now. Where do you guys think it goes from here? Seems so far it seems to be based on content that was left out of Base game.

Steve - Negiogations for five years, said to have been planned for Base game and Pass 1.
Sephiroth - Possible Cloud being included was under the condition Sephiroth would appear.

This pattern could of course break but so far my only prediction now is Chun-Li will be announced for E3.
Still banking on Octoling and maybe Shantae

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Nah man you left out the part where he hits people with a big ass lighter

Then you haven't checked hard enough as MK11 can be bought in Germany just fine and CERO didn't ban it, WB chose not to localize it, unless you want to claim that the ESRB and PEGI banned Mother 3 of course

Imagine feeling threatened by a buff dude but not a 22 year old child wielding a large ass anchor as if it was nothing
Mortal Kombat isn't getting in I'm sorry.

zferolie

Smash Hero
And specifically PAID Mii costumes.
I will say I still think post base game spirits are a deathblow too (Resident Evil spirits) but I could be proven wrong.

In any case both of them would require a 3rd party to say "yes, we want our property to be added to the game in a minor promotional capacity and not as a piece of substantial DLC."

That leaves Rayman and Shantae on a bit of a knife edge but I still think the odds for them are good.
You know, if the theory of fp2 being base planned or long talks characters pabs out, rayman and shantae being thr last 2 are pretty likey. I feell those 2 missed out on base gane and got spirits since talks did start.

Guessing Mii costumes, I bet Llyod, KOSMOS, Nia, Octoling and a pokemon mii hat?
edit - Elma also.
I would like a Morag costume. Lloyd seems a shoe in for a returning character, as does monster hunter. KOS-MOS gunner i would like to see as wel as elma.

Octoling, Dixie Kong and Impa all should be added as semi clones in a next Fighter Pass.
Add in ms pac man, black shadow, and Medusa to that as well. I would love a seperate echo pass to perhaps pad out time and easier on the team, while maybe they conduct a final vote for the last few characters

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

Considering Vergeben has heard of Koei Tecmo Negotiations, and he got Steve's Five Year Negotiation Correct, I'm thinking Ryu Hayabusa is next. Unless he somehow gets Mii'd, in which case I have no clue who our Final Third Party is lmao. Since I'm confident our last character is a 2021 Nintendo Character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Assuming we even get another Pass whether a third or Echo. I think if its not revealed at Pyra's & Mythra's presentation I think that's that and this will be it.
But there's gonna be 2 characters after them right ? Why would it be the finale ?

zferolie

Smash Hero

I feel this is a very likely theory, and may be the most likely outcome. That does leave open a few characters that seem likely.

Chun li from that leak. Shantae due to her interesting spirit placement and fighter icon, and rayman being a popular character that only got some spirits.

Though we could have a steve situation, where characters have been in a long time talk. Crash could fit that honestly.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Considering Vergeben has heard of Koei Tecmo Negotiations, and he got Steve's Five Year Negotiation Correct, I'm thinking Ryu Hayabusa is next. Unless he somehow gets Mii'd, in which case I have no clue who our Final Third Party is lmao. Since I'm confident our last character is a 2021 Nintendo Character.
I meam that could be ryu, but could be anyone from the company. Hell Ryza is super popular right now and sakurai may want to use for for a super unique moveset

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I think the last two characters are both from this list

-Crash
-Shantae
-Sora
-Eggman
-Ryu hayabusa
-Rayman
-Pokemon

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I meam that could be ryu, but could be anyone from the company. Hell Ryza is super popular right now and sakurai may want to use for for a super unique moveset
Ryza was deconfirmed by the Ryza Devs, Dynasty Warriors would cause some likeness issues, Dead or Alive is Mai but everyone is Mai, and Hyrule Warriors was Deconfirmed by Nintendo themselves.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This is how Decidueye wins.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it is possible too Elma will be a Deluxe Mii coming with some Xenoblade X music, could explain the lack of it.
tbh I expect a Mecha-Fiora mii with Pythra
I was thinking at the least there'd be five Miis coming with them. Good prediction there. Adding it to mine.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
My Mii Predictions:
Lora is the Related Mii Costume; Brawler.
Lloyd and Monster Hunter are both going to be Deconfirmed.
Rayman will be a Deluxe Brawler
Susie is a Gunner.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My full mii predictions:
  • Zeke
  • Lora
  • Mecha-Fiora
  • Lloyd
  • Hollow Knight (PreMiium Swordfighter with Sealed Vessel remix)

ELMA AND KOS-MOS SURVIVE CAUSE THEYLL SAY MORE CHARACTERS IN DEVELOPMENT AGAIN AND NO X OR XENOSAGA CONTENT IN THIS PACK DONT @ ME.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

There really is no problem with Street Fighter's representation, except the lack of representation for other games besides SF2, but I don't think that Sakurai cares about.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I feel like of the remaining two, one will be a third party from a new universe and the other one will be a first party character, likely from a universe that already has characters.

For the third party character, I am still holding out hope for Crash Bandicoot. The next character will likely be revealed around E3 time, so that could be a good time for Crash to be announced, depending on what is happening with E3. I'm hoping we get a new Zelda character, possibly as a tie in to BOTW 2 (which I feel won't release until next year, unfortunately).

Also, still hoping we get an echo pass with 4 characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well if the next character ain't gonna be announced until June, we're in for a long haul again.

At least though March and April will help keep me preoccupied with Pacific Rim: Black, Pyra & Mythra, Godzilla vs. Kong, Mortal Kombat (2021), and Godzilla: Singular Point.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I find a 2021 Nintendo character unlikely unless we're either getting FE18 or Gen 9 this year, and both cases are highly unlikely.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
My full mii predictions:
  • Zeke
  • Lora
  • Mecha-Fiora
  • Lloyd
  • Hollow Knight (PreMiium Swordfighter with Sealed Vessel remix)

ELMA AND KOS-MOS SURVIVE CAUSE THEYLL SAY MORE CHARACTERS IN DEVELOPMENT AGAIN AND NO X OR XENOSAGA CONTENT IN THIS PACK DONT @ ME.
I'm thinking Pyra and Mythra are going to bring X Music, and just Music from post-Xenoblade 1 in General, but we're not getting a lot of Remixes. Now, I don't think we're getting Xenosaga Content though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why is Shantae being brought up as a previously considered idea? There’s nothing that supports that.

Nothing really disconfirms her but like...that seems like a stretch given how indie’s have been treated this far.
We got a girl with big boobs who has something to do with teenagers, Smash fans always try to make patterns to predict the next character, so naturally a heavily sexualized 16 year old is next like how we're getting Eggman in the Direct

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
We got a girl with big boobs who has something to do with teenagers, Smash fans always try to make patterns to predict the next character, so naturally a heavily sexualized 16 year old is next like how we're getting Eggman in the Direct
if we’re taking fanservice into account i don’t think we can yet discredit eggman

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean they literally isolated themselves from the world so that's accurate.
I know you're wrote that jokingly. Then again:

They (specifically, Tokugawa Ieyasu) isolated Japan partly so Tokugawa could more easily control the daimyos (feudal lords), partly because Ieyasu wanted to fully control the trade with China, the Dutch and others... and also partly because Tokugawa was incredibly suspicious of the Spanish, Portuguese etc, It wasn't just colonial-related fears: Any religious institution not under the Shogun's control - such as Christianity - would be likely to incite peasant revolts. The isolation came off of the heels of a century long period of rampant civil war which he and his two predecessors (Nobunaga and Hideoyshi) had come out triumphant, so there's that too.

It wasn't total isolation, but strong enough to the point where most Japanese didn't interact frequently with outsiders.

Here are two good AskHistorians post about the isolation, with books. AskHistorians is the only subreddit I can actually recommend. Several of the AskHistorians threads that talk about the weird aspects of Japanese culture are NSFW, so won't link those (and they're not usually seen in polite situations, which, again, is dominant in Japanese culture).

It's extremely difficult to tell since for what we know there could've been a lot of talks ongoing by the time FP1 was solidified (November 2018 at the latest). That does still allow for a lot of candidates previously discussed, whether a leak is associated with them or not.

Why is Shantae being brought up as a previously considered idea? There’s nothing that supports that.

Nothing really disconfirms her but like...that seems like a stretch given how indie’s have been treated this far.
I guess the assumption kinda revolves around actual talks Nintendo and WayForward had and going from there? Plus Shantae being a Spirit?

There might be wishful thinking involved, but I could see such thoughts coming those starting points.

That works as an explanation too.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I find a 2021 Nintendo character unlikely unless we're either getting FE18 or Gen 9 this year, and both cases are highly unlikely.
Yeah I highly disagree with that Prediction, considering how Splatoon 3 feels like it was planned as a 2021 Holiday Title lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom