• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a few have speculated, Pyra confirms to me that FP2 is wrapping up loose threads from base game. (Arms & XC2 considered for base game, Steve supposedly in the works since 2015, and Sephiroth finally giving us FF7 music/spirits/Mii costumes)

Imagine if Brawl had gotten that opportunity - we'd have had Toon Zelda, Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun!
Since and if that's the case. What other so-called content could there be? That could give us ideas who the last two might be.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hoo BOY, that was a good return to Directs!

We got our second Spirit promotion, and Xenoblade FINALLY gets the day. Pyra and Mythra look cool, they seem like a speedier swordie than we're used to. Can't wait to try them out.

REALLY happy for Famicom Club! The game looks great and I hope this makes Nintendo acknowledge other smaller series.

NMH3 was unexpected, but welcome.

AND SPLATOON 3 ** YEAH! WE GOING POST-APOCALYPTIC IN THIS **!

Kinda bummed for no BotW2, but honestly, it's understandable. And hey, people who disliked motion controls can finally enjoy Skyward Sword in the meantime!

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Since and if that's the case. What other so-called content could there be? That could give us ideas who the last two might be.
Well, assuming the leaks are true, Chun-Li and a Tales rep.

Whatever happens though, I hope the last two fighters are from IPs new to Smash.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I just think much of the XB2 cast created by... that guy whose name I can never remember is poorly designed, at the apex of which, ironically, are Rex and Pyra. Mythra, imo, is a little better. The sexualization of Pyra and Mythra, while certainly not subtle (or imo, well done), is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

But I certainly don't inherently have a problem with that kind of stuff. I like 2B's design. I like KOS-MOS's design. I like Sephiroth's design. I just want... quality designs. Sexualized or not. Which I get is subjective, but my take on these Xenoblade ones is certainly is not an opinion that begins or ends with me.
Pretty much the same opinion I have. To me, Pyra looks simultaneously over and underdressed, while at the same time nothing in particularly really stands out, which makes me feel she is overdesigned. It's not completely horrible or anything, but it's just not that appealing. She definitely looks better than Rex.

I think it's game over for a new Pokemon rep this game. With this month being the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, it would have been the perfect opportunity to announce a new fighter from that franchise. I can't say I'm really disappointed about this, considering they would have most likely picked something boring and obvious like Cinderace anyways.
I don't think a Pokemon is coming as well, but if one comes I'm now less certain it will be Cinderace after what happened today with Pyra.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
He's a diver.

As in he swims in the water.

Its swimwear.
He's a diver. When he's not diving he doesn't wear his full diving suit.
I really don’t see it from this.
The most diver thing I see is the harpoon. Why not put ship stuff on his clothes like an anchor or fish? All I see is a loli wearing blue clockwork style armor and pajamas.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't really see Pyra's risque costume being the primary reason she's disliked. It's just her overall design is (in my opinion) kind of generic, and she's another anime character with a sword. I don't dislike Pyra, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer a character who had a more distinct design compared to the rest of the Smash cast.
I respect any opinion but I honestly can't see which similarities Pyra and Mythra have design wise to other Smash characters. In fact I'd say both are totally unique in that regard.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
AND SPLATOON 3 ** YEAH! WE GOING POST-APOCALYPTIC IN THIS **!
I want to know how the conversation went down.

"So we gotta have a theme of chaos for the next game. Any ideas?"
"Can we make it like Mad Max?"
"You mean stick an entire community of aquatic creatures in the desert?"
"Um...Yeeeees?"
"I love this idea!"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The obvious answer continues to be Monster Hunter. I hope nobody is just giving up on them because they weren't shown off today (although, to be honest, given how I'm still confident in Hayabusa my faith in two more swordies after Pyra is... waning, but I digress).

There's some scrapped spirit data in the game and the MH tracks are lumped in with the playable series. I think they definitely had some bigger plans that they weren't able to follow up on at the time, so they threw Rathalos in as the best they could do given the circumstances. Still makes as much sense if not more than it did yesterday.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sephiroth didn't have to wait though? I guess it's not consistent then.
Yeah, Steve and Sephiroth had all their alts shown before the Sakurai Presents. I assume in Steve's case, it was because the trailer revealed 4 costumes and then there were the pictures that revealed the other ones.

Pyra & Mythra don't have the option to switch costumes on the site and none of their pictures show any of their costumes, so I'm assuming there may be a big reason for that.
-I mean, there is one possibility of Pneuma being a costume. If not, both could also have Pneuma colors, same with their costumes where they are colored like the other, with Pyra having a blonde and green skin and Mythra having a red skin.
-The other possibility might be pulling a Shulk and having their Swimwear costumes be costumes in Smash. That is another possibility.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
League?

As in League of Legends?
Yup, that's the one!

I want to know how the conversation went down.

"So we gotta have a theme of chaos for the next game. Any ideas?"
"Can we make it like Mad Max?"
"You mean stick an entire community of aquatic creatures in the desert?"
"Um...Yeeeees?"
"I love this idea!"
Ooh, they'll probably gonna use dried up oceans as a motif, not just any desert! Oh, and Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura ? Octos seem to be available from the start, if the trailer is any indication.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yup, that's the one!

Ooh, they'll probably gonna use dried up oceans as a motif, not just any desert! Oh, and Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura ? Octos seem to be available from the start, if the trailer is any indication.
[HOPE FOR OCTOLINGS IN SMASH INTENSIFIES]

if i cant get Elma, Neku or KOS-MOS at least give me my babs

kylexv

Smash Master
So... I did some more math stuffs! Today, I decided to take a look at what possible background color the next fighter might have.
And these are the possible colors I got, minimally extended!

I only say minimally, because technically, there are 27 possible colors mathematically, but I just chose the first three because it'd take too much time today. So maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

If anybody is curious on how I did it, let me know, and I can post a link to the desmos page I used!

Also, do note, please do not take this seriously. This is just math at the end of the day and holds no weight. I just personally thought it'd be fun to do.
epicmartin7 epicmartin7
You claim to have us not take this seriously but then Pyra/Mythra's BG color is a shade of green.

I can't believe this was almost correct.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I respect any opinion but I honestly can't see which similarities Pyra and Mythra have design wise to other Smash characters. In fact I'd say both are totally unique in that regard.
I'll amend my previous statement somewhat. It's not that Pyra or Mythra look too similar to any one specific Smash character, it's that they look (to me) like they could have been plucked from literally any JRPG or anime phone game. Smash has lots of characters with an anime aesthetic (most the cast of FE, KI, FF7) , and lots of characters with big anime swords. It's not like I have anything against anime characters, or sword characters, either. I'm a huge fan of 2B's design, for example. It's just Pyra's design (and XB2 characters in general) doesn't look clean to me, and there's nothing visually interesting for me to be drawn towards. Perhaps if I was more familiar with XC2, I'd have a different opinion, but I am not.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, Steve and Sephiroth had all their alts shown before the Sakurai Presents. I assume in Steve's case, it was because the trailer revealed 4 costumes and then there were the pictures that revealed the other ones.

Pyra & Mythra don't have the option to switch costumes on the site and none of their pictures show any of their costumes, so I'm assuming there may be a big reason for that.
-I mean, there is one possibility of Pneuma being a costume. If not, both could also have Pneuma colors, same with their costumes where they are colored like the other, with Pyra having a blonde and green skin and Mythra having a red skin.
-The other possibility might be pulling a Shulk and having their Swimwear costumes be costumes in Smash. That is another possibility.
They'll probably do a "this is based off of something we won't spoil" again, but I don't think they'll add the swimwear since.

Well. Not unless they slap sheer leggings on them. lol

Pillow

Smash Lord
Ok so.

Chun-Li
Falcom rep
League of Legends rep
Monster Hunter
Tales rep

It'll be worth keeping an eye on these five then until further notice.
I mean, worth it in the sense that those leaks haven't been disproven, but in my opinion there wasn't much reason to have faith in them to begin with. The only reason most of these had any weight whatsoever is that they randomly guessed one unlikely character - Sephiroth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom