• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ah yes, so people can use iconic Dante moves like flinging Tornados, Shurikens, and having a Rainbow Reflector.

View attachment 303580

:4pacman:

(Nah seriously, if Dante gets Mii'd... I won't mind it really, he gets something. Still much prefer him to be playable personally, but take what you can get.)
While I know you're probably just joking or something like that, Mii Swordfighter does already have Dante-esque moves

-Blurring Blade is like Million Stab
-Gale Stab is like Stinger
-Stone Scabbard is like High time to Helm Maker (the Launch to the Downward Smash)
-Counter is like Royal Guard, with the Block and Release

So if Dante got Mii'd, at least he'd somewhat fit in there good. It still be a sad day though, but with only 3 slots left, some characters have to be sacrificed

-----------------

I Personally I'm thinking CP9 is a Demon related character, and also one I really haven't seen anyone predict besides myself

D

Deleted member

While I know you're probably just joking or something like that, Mii Swordfighter does already have Dante-esque moves

-Stone Scabbard is like High time to Helm Maker (the Launch to the Downward Smash)

So if Dante got Mii'd, at least he'd somewhat fit in there good. It still be a sad day though, but with only 3 slots left, some characters have to be sacrificed

-----------------

I Personally I'm thinking CP9 is a Demon related character, and also one I really haven't seen anyone predict besides myself
So Morrigan then? Succubi are demons, right?

Though I guess anyone from the Disgaea series would be a Demon as well. Laharl for Smash!

Firox

Smash Master
Here are the biggest reasons for why I believe Monster Hunter is next DLC, guaranteed:

Read full analysis here
100% agree. If we take into account that the Nintendo Execs are behind the DLC additions, I think Monster Hunter is a hugely likely candidate for this pass. Considering the timing of Rise's release next month, I think Hunter is easily the most likely choice right now. That is to say, if we get a shill pick for this reveal, Monster Hunter is the most logical choice next to maybe a BotW 2 character.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I've had the same gut feeling for awhile now that we won't get a Capcom rep at all actually. No Dante, MH, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, etc. I just don't see it happening. Lloyd Irving, a Pokemon rep, some other 1st party, and Ryu Hayabusa are for sure on my possible radar for THIS reveal anyway. However, if we do get a Capcom rep I'd have to agree that the MH seems far more likely than anything else Capcom.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
My schedule always ends up screwing me over. I’ve missed every single reveal and presentation this pass except for Sephiroths reveal. And now I’m gonna be on a road trip for this one. I just gotta indulge in my signature for a minute.

Enjoy the presentation, I’ll be off.

Oh, and if it Phoenix. Ping me please.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice

-----------------

Demon related character could be demi fiend, dante, nero, doomguy, any mk character lol

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
My schedule always ends up screwing me over. I’ve missed every single reveal and presentation this pass except for Sephiroths reveal. And now I’m gonna be on a road trip for this one. I just gotta indulge in my signature for a minute.

Enjoy the presentation, I’ll be off.
hopefully you can see it spoiler free!!!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
"Monster Hunter is the last of the best-selling franchises in Japan yet to have a character in Smash"

Did Resident Evil stop existing or something? Especially since it's sold more total than Monster Hunter has (90 million vs 66 million).
Wow, Biohazard is that popular? I thought it was a Metroid sort of thing where it was more popular outside of its home country.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
"Monster Hunter is the last of the best-selling franchises in Japan yet to have a character in Smash"

Did Resident Evil stop existing or something? Especially since it's sold more total than Monster Hunter has (90 million vs 66 million).
Actually Resident Evil sold 107 and monster hunter 66. Much bigger gap

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Megaman is like Number 5 and it got a character first. I dont think sales really makes anyone more or less likely.

I'm not really gonna dwell on it here (I've done that enough somewhere else) but there's some things that really make me doubt the hunter a lot more in comparison to others.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it has been 530 days since the last one. Like, that literally feels like an eternity ago.
Back in the before time when we had to get into buses to go to work and we could walk to a store to purchase a console without the mailman stealing it. A strange time the past was.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Wow, Biohazard is that popular? I thought it was a Metroid sort of thing where it was more popular outside of its home country.
it's in Major decline in Japan, Re7 did around 300,000 Re2 did 2,00,000 in Japan. so yeah, rn it's kind of like metroid

interestingly the first metroid sold more than 1,000,000 in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom