• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Be Careful, that guy who leaked Steve that one time is looking into whoever CP9 is

Also Potential Monster Hunter Rise Spoilers

PracticalBrush12 comments on MH Rise once again (reddit.com)

So just in case, if you don't want to be spoiled, I would advise against being on Social media or something like that
For a second I thought this meant FP9 is Monster Hunter. Which I would be okay with. Monster Hunter and Amaterasu are my 3rd party picks.

Shame that everything gets leaked these days however.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, looks like it's not too long now. I'm still leaning towards the fighter being Reimu. Maybe KOS-MOS instead, but I'm not feeling it for this one. She strikes me more as FP11 - a bit of a change in opinion since my last look at this, but eh. We'll see, though! Plus, there's a whole direct here, maybe there'll be some news I'm interested in not pertaining to Smash.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Honestly I think the next fighter is either from Nintendo or a character we didn’t expect like:ultsephiroth:
That's my initial thought as well.

Whether they will be as well received as Sephiroth was, we shall see.

I think Sephiroth is one of those rare characters where the majority of people went "Yeah, it's freaking Sephiroth so I'm ok with this (even if it's another swordsmen)"

Less than 12 hours to go until we find out who it is.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Even if the character leaks today I will be at work for most of the day and I will be arriving at home right before the direct starts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly I think the next fighter is either from Nintendo or a character we didn’t expect like:ultsephiroth:
This. I think Nintendo is trying deals with companies that already have content in Smash, or who are extremely close to them in recent years as KT. But I'm thinking it's gonna be first party, or at least first party owned. Astral Chain comes to mind here, Rex from Xenoblade 2, a Namco character, Monster Hunter, a Pokemon, or GOD forbid, a Zelda newcomer.

I would say Isaac, but I suspect he'd be saved for last.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'm a Pokemon superfan. Complete Living National Dex.

And I couldn't be less interested to see another Pokemon in Smash.
Cmon you can’t tell me there’s not a single one of the like thousand pokemon that would get you excited, overrepresented franchise or no.

This. I think Nintendo is trying deals with companies that already have content in Smash, or who are extremely close to them in recent years as KT. But I'm thinking it's gonna be first party, or at least first party owned. Astral Chain comes to mind here, Rex from Xenoblade 2, a Namco character, Monster Hunter, a Pokemon, or GOD forbid, a Zelda newcomer.

I would say Isaac, but I suspect he'd be saved for last.
If Nintendo actually did save the best for last (which is never the case) Isaac wouldn’t be it. I understand his fan base is very dedicated, but his franchise has been dead in the water for a good long while now. I’d honestly say Isaac’s best chance in general would be tomorrow IF a new golden sun game is revealed as well.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Just to ask, when do we get info about which characters are in the Tournament

Judging by the picture, I don't think this tournament only Disallows Sword characters. There may be fighters that don't use swords that can't participate. Not every character (that has no Sword) has an attack where they use their whole Body. Little Mac as an example only uses his fists
I mean if it's related, it could possibly help us cross out characters like crash but idk if it is

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So. I also heard it's the Fire Emblem anniversary this year.

Do you guys think what I think? 😏

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'd be okay with pretty much any Pokémon that is not a starter. I'm so sick of the damn starters. If it has to be from Galar... I'd love to see Grimmsnarl, personally. Or Toxtricity, the second-most popular Galar Pokémon and all-around cool guy.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The issue with a Pokémon Rep, is that Sakurai is tied with a Rope to Pokémon Company trying to rivalize with Square-Enix in term of stingness (even if at this point it's just a meme)
Can't use Shiny Colors
We decide what pokemon available in the pokeballs
We get a Pokemon slot by defacto
You get to choose in a small poll of small pokemon that we will heavily market
  1. That recently changed with Incineroar, so maybe it was more Sakurai not wanting to use one until then?
  2. I don’t ever remember hearing that. This is Sakurai’s game, isn’t it?
  3. That I understand, I guess?
  4. Greninja was actually chosen from concept art that Sakurai saw; its popularity was purely a coincidence when its moveset was in development.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

We should be safe from Fire Emblem as long as the next mainline game isn't announced this year, which is unlikely as Three Houses came out only two years ago.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We should be safe from Fire Emblem as long as the next mainline game isn't announced this year, which is unlikely as Three Houses came out only two years ago.
The Thee Houses engine could work well for a next Fire Emblem game. And if it's a remake of Ike's games, originally released on Gamecube and Wii, I could see it happening.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
They usually announce and release new fire emblem games every 2 years though. Its most likely a remake though or a 3h directors cut.

Staarih

Smash Master

I think there have been some rumors of a remake of an older FE game alike to Shadows of Valentia, and something like that I feel is the extent to which FE news will go if we get any.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
  1. That recently changed with Incineroar, so maybe it was more Sakurai not wanting to use one until then?
  4. Greninja was actually chosen from concept art that Sakurai saw; its popularity was purely a coincidence when its moveset was in development.
  • Incineroar isnt a true shiny, it's like Greninja, or Charizard using it's Gen2 Shiny, he's just bypassing the rules by having them getting close but different colors.
  • Pokemon Company gave him a certain numbers of Concept art. He choose from them. You really think Game Freak didnt went to give him concept art from pokemon they would promote? As a Multi-media franchises they have plan years in advance.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
All I'm saying is that I do not expect a big 3rd party character shown off here. I think that such a character would be CP10 and would be announced around E3. So no Crash, no Hayabusa, no Monster Hunter, etc.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Like a few others here, I'll be taking a break from speculation until the Direct airs, in case anything gets leaked. Remember to use spoilers when talking about any leaks.

In fact, I might leave Smash speculation as a whole after this Direct. I've found a lot of it revolves around people looking a bit too deep into things, finding patterns that ultimately don't lead to anything and trying to predict a company and person who are infamously unpredictable. As many have said, we got Min Min, then Steve & Alex, then Sephiroth, in that order. There's no telling what Nintendo and Sakurai could do next. It could be anyone.

Not trying to tell you off for speculating, of course. Just expressing why I don't think it's for me.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The one thing that might have me thinking the next fighter could be a little more low key compared to what came before is that coming in a Direct filled with fairly significant news would probably lessen any potential cooler response they might hypothetically get (not wholly unlike what Terry was in September 2019 was and in hindsight the context Byleth would have been better off in).

Or it could be a mimdblowing pick which stuns the gaming world; hard to tell with this company.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
[
I'm pretty sure they always intended for Greninja to be somewhat popular. I doubt TPC gives Sakurai the whole roster of Pokemon, do you really think they'd be OK with Sakurai choosing Skrelp or Alolan Graveler?

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
With the current lack of leak, a few hours before the Direct, I'm really beliving it will be a Nintendo newcomer. These ones usually don't leak.

Maybe it will be a Zelda rep in the end...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just want to point out that I think it’s funny after Steve we were like “man that was fast” when Sephiroth happened and then went back to assuming the next character wouldn’t show up for a while... Only to have the wait be almost identical. Crazy. At this rate this pass will be done by E3... Then what?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
In completely, utterly unrelated news, having played Bowser's Fury (it's amazing, if a tad unpolished) I am now finally sold on the premise of alt costume DLC. I want to play as Bowser-sized Fury Bowser.
Seriously, go play it. 3D World is also an incredible game that warrants double dipping anyway, haha.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With the current lack of leak, a few hours before the Direct, I'm really beliving it will be a Nintendo newcomer. These ones usually don't leak.

Maybe it will be a Zelda rep in the end...
I like how this is said with a straight face when Byleth's the closest we have to a Nintendo character not leaking, ZHuge made a remark about how he was looking forward to see how Smash fans reacted to the character. Meanwhile Sephiroth's the only character who hadn't even gotten a whisper before his announcement

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't the Seven Squares leak say that Sephiroth was one of the names it heard all the way back in early 2019?
That was around 2018 iirc but it requires knowing it 2 years in advance, especially considering the nature of this whole list. If we want to consider that as leaking in advance, then there's no telling if tonight's character leaked or not and using it as a basis to predict anything

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well this is the final time I'll be talking to you all before the big event.

As a reminder, my top prediction is Arle Nadja. I'll leave this here in case I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom